Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    Terrytibbs was little bit wrong about this lad

Well TBF with Youtube, even Djimi Traore could look good. :p

But in fairness, nobody can doubt how good Neymar is, hes really a gem. Hes still only 19 and looks a world beater already, his control and dribbling and flair and technique are all exceptional.

Fine player, wish we signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    Post away Sgt. gives us something to read and speculate about and it keeps me from doing work. :P

You rang?

http://www.corriered..._source=palermo

Basically says Pastore and/or his reps are due in London tomorrow.

Translation...

The Palermo is about to give in to pressure from Chelsea he wants at all costs Shepherd. Arsenal had also showed interest in the Argentinean ace, but the club is closer to Abramovich's shot. Tomorrow there will be a mission in London of the leaders Rosanero to close the transaction that gave the president Zamparini was imminent. At the moment there looms the possibility of a London derby Chelsea-Arsenal.

I say we are after both and the Modric transfer will go to the wire.

I'd also like to see us bid for Mata. Hate to see arsenal get him for a mere 15 million!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well TBF with Youtube, even Djimi Traore could look good. :p

But in fairness, nobody can doubt how good Neymar is, hes really a gem. Hes still only 19 and looks a world beater already, his control and dribbling and flair and technique are all exceptional.

Fine player, wish we signed him.
    Champions League winners medal ;)

To be fair to Neymar its not just a clip of his best performances.
    It's an amazing individual goal :)

True, although if ya judhe players on just medals won then John O'shea is one of the best players of the last 2 decades :p

Ya, Neymar has been on fire the last 2 years. I think he has over 50 goals for Santos in 2 full seasons.

yeah, but we can all do that when its sunny and the girls are waving at us in their summer clothes ;)

I'd like to see him do that on a freezing cold December night in the lashing rain on a muddy Blackburn pitch :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

yeah, but we can all do that when its sunny and the girls are waving at us in their summer clothes ;)

I'd like to see him do that on a freezing cold December night in the lashing rain on a muddy Blackburn pitch :eek:

Real men don't feel the cold Sgt!....did someone leave a window open in here? I could have swore I felt a breeze just there..!
    Better toddle off to work!:pac:

You rang?

http://www.corriered..._source=palermo

Basically says Pastore and/or his reps are due in London tomorrow.

Translation...

The Palermo is about to give in to pressure from Chelsea he wants at all costs Shepherd. Arsenal had also showed interest in the Argentinean ace, but the club is closer to Abramovich's shot. Tomorrow there will be a mission in London of the leaders Rosanero to close the transaction that gave the president Zamparini was imminent. At the moment there looms the possibility of a London derby Chelsea-Arsenal.

I say we are after both and the Modric transfer will go to the wire.

I'd also like to see us bid for Mata. Hate to see arsenal get him for a mere 15 million!

I'd love if we could hijack a move for Mata, at the price he would be a steal. Doubt Valencia will sell for that low though, you'd expect it to be £20 Million ish.

One player I'd love is Iker Muniain. Hes a fantastic little player, love watching him play. Another tricky pacey winger we could go for would be Marko Merin maybe?

But for anyone to come in there has to be players sold and theres no sign of that so far.

But for anyone to come in there has to be players sold and theres no sign of that so far.

Its all going to happen in August IMO, exactly as he had said.

Something like......

"I'll assess the whole squad, kids and all, see what I have, who can adapt, fresh start for all etc etc, then I expect movement in August, and possibly right up until the last day of the transfer window"

The bloke talks sense to me, I just hope he can win enough for Roman to keep him!

I couldnt do that if there was a stadium of naked Playboy play mates looking at me. :(

TBF, alot of the time they play in Brazil or in the Copa Liberadores the pitches are fairly cack, maybe not cold but defiently cack.

Now if he done it on a cold night away to Stoke, facing a Rory Delap long throw and plenty of hoofing, id be impressed. :pac:
    papagormo wrote: »
    Real men don't feel the cold Sgt!....did someone leave a window open in here? I could have swore I felt a breeze just there..!
    Better toddle off to work!:pac:

Real men were snoods or pull their socks up to their jocks.

[Embedded Image Removed]

and

[Embedded Image Removed]

Real man is Neymar :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Lads who do ye reckon will be partnering Terry at CB this season, Luiz or Alex? Would imagine it's Luiz?

Its all going to happen in August IMO, exactly as he had said.

Something like......

"I'll assess the whole squad, kids and all, see what I have, who can adapt, fresh start for all etc etc, then I expect movement in August, and possibly right up until the last day of the transfer window"

The bloke talks sense to me, I just hope he can win enough for Roman to keep him!

I'd be very surprised if Roman sacked him at the end of next season, he must know and realsie we need stability and once AVB pushes hard for the title and CL then Roman can sit back and relax, we've one of the games brightest talents at the helm, let him do his job.
    THFC wrote: »
    Lads who do ye reckon will be partnering Terry at CB this season, Luiz or Alex? Would imagine it's Luiz?

Well with Luiz not playing in pre-season due to the Copa America, its really hard to say, I imagine its going to be JT and Alex, with Luiz providing cover and Ivanovic and Bosingwa fighting for RB.

If your banking on Luiz in your fantasy football I would leave him out for the first week anyway and see how we line up, only certainty for the trip to Stoke at the back is Cech, Cole and JT, barring injuries of course. Then its between Luiz Alex Ivanovic Bosingwa for the remaining CB and RB spots.

P.S.

I should add Luiz will probably play more games then Alex and ivanovic at CB but I'm not sure about the start of the season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Alex I think and if we don't buy a dm luiz will slot in there , think luiz maybe still a bit raw for the quickness of the ePl as we seen with a couple of his howlers towards the end of last season.

Next season I see him commanding that position .

Alex I think and if we don't buy a dm luiz will slot in there , think luiz maybe still a bit raw for the quickness of the ePl as we seen with a couple of his howlers towards the end of last season.

Next season I see him commanding that position .

+1

The back four will probably be Cole JT Alex Ivanovic to start the season.

Dont know if Luiz will play DM but he'd be a beast there IMO. I think he adjusted to the EPL better then any of our recent signings in recent memory, but he has a rashness to his game where he has to get the ball and commit himself and sometimes he gets sold.

Still, i love his swash buckling defending and striding out with the ball and beating players, he'd probably be able to play as a winger if he was put out there.

My Chelsea dream team :
    1. David Luiz
    2. David Luiz
    3. David Luiz
    4. David Luiz
    5. David Luiz
    6. David Luiz
    7. David Luiz
    8. David Luiz
    9. David Luiz
    10. David Luiz
    11. David Luiz

" We all dream of a team of David Luiz, a team of David Luiz, a team of David Luiz "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It says a lot about our team at the moment that our most exciting player is a CB.

I am expecting big things of both ramires and luiz this season, they have had time to settle in so I expect them to both be major performers for us this season.

+1

The back four will probably be Cole JT Alex Ivanovic to start the season.

Dont know if Luiz will play DM but he'd be a beast there IMO. I think he adjusted to the EPL better then any of our recent signings in recent memory, but he has a rashness to his game where he has to get the ball and commit himself and sometimes he gets sold.

Still, i love his swash buckling defending and striding out with the ball and beating players, he'd probably be able to play as a winger if he was put out there.

My Chelsea dream team :
    1. David Luiz
    2. David Luiz
    3. David Luiz
    4. David Luiz
    5. David Luiz
    6. David Luiz
    7. David Luiz
    8. David Luiz
    9. David Luiz
    10. David Luiz
    11. David Luiz

" We all dream of a team of David Luiz, a team of David Luiz, a team of David Luiz "

I just remember that glorious over the top long pass to Torres, who should have done much much better and the UTD goal of course/
    The blokes a legend and once AVB gets a grip on him, he will dominate for years to come until Barca come calling :eek:

AVB will also love how versatile he his. I dont think theirs a position he couldnt play - even in goal!

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    It says a lot about our team at the moment that our most exciting player is a CB.

I am expecting big things of both ramires and luiz this season, they have had time to settle in so I expect them to both be major performers for us this season.

Luiz is special though, hes a real talent and Im delighted we got him. Hes exciting because hes in an elite group of CB's in the world that can do what he does, in fact I dont think theres many better then him.
    I just remember that glorious over the top long pass to Torres, who should have done much much better and the UTD goal of course/
    The blokes a legend and once AVB gets a grip on him, he will dominate for years to come until Barca come calling :eek:

AVB will also love how versatile he his. I dont think theirs a position he couldnt play - even in goal!

Yes, that over the top ball to Torres against Fulham was exceptional, his running with the ball is a joy yo watch.

I'd play him on goal in the League Cup, see how he gets on. :pac:

Also more reasons to love him : :pac: :D;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVzLfCwyTTxCg5HVwab_hZLv88a9IUmQVyhQWfulAq9GU2f5zRhoQ6uaZ6

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTgXZUG0zYaO17Ru7--0u8oTTf0IoKilHYAJKpD6DGjZIu287K62dw6qTGLA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDGTVZRFFrnDHOFIDU9FsHM7cLtsJAuw8IYrq8t_AEcAv0TqYjIPGdJ26p4w

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Em have you forgotten about :

Torres
    Sturridge
    A fully recovered Drogba
    Josh Mc
    Gael Kakuta

Loads to look forward too , stop been so down beat about the situation :D

Em have you forgotten about :

Torres yeah right
    Sturridge
    A fully recovered Drogba
    Josh Mc rarely plays
    Gael Kakuta rarely plays

Loads to look forward too , stop been so down beat realistic about the situation :D

edited that for you:)

Plus Bose to rediscover his first season form

And Yossi teeing up Torres all day long

And Malouda to recapture his double winning form

and Cole the same

And Frank the same

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We need a couple of signings. We won't win the league with the current squad imo.

• Advertisement

If we signed one of modric/pastore then I would be a lot more optimistic, a genuine creative force would make all the difference in the middle of the park imo.

So you are completely writing off Torres ?

Josh and Gael rarely played last season under another manager , Josh has featured strongly in pre season and Gael is away on World Cup duty and is in with a good shout .

Id expect to be defending my own team to opposition supporters but to one of our own is ridiculous.

We do need one or two signings , but nothing drastic, The signings will come after the Asia tour , no point throwing the toys out of the pram in the mean time.

Johner wrote: »
    We need a couple of signings. We won't win the league with the current squad imo.

Got to disagree with there for all the above reasons about our current players

(Players fit and ready, we've added in Jan, new manager new ideas, we came close last season)

You will get your wish anyway

(Lol just realised how fickle am i? Only recently posted a doom and gloom post! Oh well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Also more reasons to love him : :pac: :D;)

I loved how badly he played against United at Old Trafford to make winning the league in that game so easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

And Malouda to recapture his double winning form

Statistically Malouda played as good if not better last season then in the double winning season, the likes of Lamps/Drogs however were what let us down due to injury, if they're not injured then we win the league, its simple really!

Got to disagree with there for all the above reasons about our current players

(Players fit and ready, we've added in Jan, new manager new ideas, we came close last season)

You will get your wish anyway

(Lol just realised how fickle am i? Only recently posted a doom and gloom post! Oh well!)

During the season we will have injuries though and we didn't cope last season with injuries to key players, more strength in depth is needed.

It is still obvious we are missing a creative midfielder from watching the pre season matches so far.

Own Goal looks to be a great signing from United though.

4 in 4 so far is it?, brilliant bit of business getting him on a free.:pac:

Looks like Pastore will sign for PSG according to Twitter.

Johner wrote: »
    Looks like Pastore will sign for PSG according to Twitter.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/28-07-2011/roma-spunta-anche-nilmar-802217397424.shtml :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

by jaysus we better sign some kinda creative midfielder this summer

• Advertisement

Was thinking that Mata talk was Clap trap

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7065841,00.html

Also why in gods name would a player choose the French League over the EPL, Of the last couple of years it has been kinda of a feeder league to all the better leagues around Europe or am I wrong in thinking this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

fuck sake!

We are having an absolute nightmare summer, its becoming a joke, not happy at all. Look at the situation we will be next year with all our players a year older and fuck all coming through.

I found it hard to get up today after losing aguero, now pastore gone too :sadface x 10

Aguero has officially signed for City, one player I really wanted for years. :(

fuck sake!

We are having an absolute nightmare summer, its becoming a joke, not happy at all. Look at the situation we will be next year with all our players a year older and fuck all coming through.

I found it hard to get up today after losing aguero, now pastore gone too :sadface x 10

Nothing Official on this at the moment ,

Sure we only hours away from taking him the other day , when ever he lands in Paris or London that when its nearly a done deal.

Still cant see the reasoning behind going to the French League :confused:

heard that yo

Nothing Official on this at the moment ,

Sure we only hours away from taking him the other day , when ever he lands in Paris or London that when its nearly a done deal.

Would we really pay €45million for Pastore? Palermo are probably selling to the highest bidder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Was thinking that Mata talk was Clap trap

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7065841,00.html

Also why in gods name would a player choose the French League over the EPL, Of the last couple of years it has been kinda of a feeder league to all the better leagues around Europe or am I wrong in thinking this ?

He's not so much choosing the French League as choosing a "project" similar to Man City. He'll probably get a ludicrous salary and have been wooed with talk of becoming one of the dominant clubs in Europe. The prospect of living in Paris might appeal to him more than London as well, or indeed to his Missus if he has one.

Ye are no longer the only ones with silly money to spend lads, sounds to me like ye don't like it.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    He's not so much choosing the French League as choosing a "project" similar to Man City. He'll probably get a ludicrous salary and have been wooed with talk of becoming one of the dominant clubs in Europe. The prospect of living in Paris might appeal to him more than London as well, or indeed to his Missus if he has one.

Ye are no longer the only ones with silly money to spend lads, sounds to me like ye don't like it.:pac:

Dont mid it at all ,

And just to point out Man U were a long time before Chelsea spending silly money

£30 Million on Rio back in 2002 ???

Just on the point of the project ,

City are playing in a Top league , looked a decent team last season, and are real title contenders this season as well as playing CL football, thats why I could have no problem with the Aguero transfer but a player to sign for a project in a feeder league with no CL football I just dont see the point .

Dont mid it at all ,

And just to point out Man U were a long time before Chelsea spending silly money

£30 Million on Rio back in 2002 ???

Money generated by running the club properly. They spent big at times but always within reason and within their means. Still do.

• Advertisement

Thanks F, needed that! :(

Anyway folks its all still unconfirmed offically

@RBairnerRobin BairnerPalermo president Zamparini has just rubbished Sky Italia's news. #Pastore to #PSG seems in the balance again, but S.I don't get much wrong

How reliable were the reports of ye bwing in for him anyway? Just twitter stuff? It certainly wasn't reposrted in the wider media at all.

Ye will probably get Modric and all will be well in the world again. I'm not sure ye'd be in for both Modric and Pastore anyway.

The times supposedly have a story on Mata in the morning , Bloody twitter ,

Its like getting a quick flash then nothing else !

How reliable were the reports of ye bwing in for him anyway? Just twitter stuff? It certainly wasn't reposrted in the wider media at all.

Ye will probably get Modric and all will be well in the world again. I'm not sure ye'd be in for both Modric and Pastore anyway.

His Club Chairman of all places !

Bloody Twitter has ruined the transfer windows , a slight sniff of something and everyone is stuck to it like Sh!te to a cotton blanket .

Bloody Twitter has ruined the transfer windows , a slight sniff of something and everyone is stuck to it like Sh!te to a cotton blanket .

His club chairman is a lunatic - probably the last man you should believe in this whole saga. He's been making outlandish statements about Pastore and these massive "bids" he's been receiving for the last 6 months. He's hawking him aorund anyone who'll listen, it was probably boll*x all along.

I agree on Twitter, transfer muppets dream that thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Palermo say that both ourselves and PSG have had bids accepted, so far thats all.

With any transfer where there are more than one club the player has to go to the clubs and talk about deals before then deciding and then doing a medical, he hasnt arrived in Paris or London for that matter, so unless the play himself declares he wants to go to PSG then nothing is done!

Ive said it already but if he signs for PSG then he's not the type of player we want. Modric was our original target, we either go back for him or to the next on the list whoever that may be!

• Advertisement

Arh time was, when the first you knew of someone new was watching them trot out to play. Simple times :D

Supposedly now zamparini saying this
    >

"It's not true and this news [of Pastore joining PSG] is an invention," Zamparini told Stadio News.

"Tomorrow his agent [Marcelo] Simonian will be in London to meet Chelsea."

Taken from the Shed

If your using chrome it will translate to Engerlish !

http://www.stadionews.it/ultimora.php?ID=113005

Supposedly now zamparini saying this
    >

"It's not true and this news [of Pastore joining PSG] is an invention," Zamparini told Stadio News.

Taken from the Shed

If your using chrome it will translate to Engerlish !

http://www.stadionews.it/ultimora.php?ID=113005

Correcto!

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/07/28/2594671/conflicting-claims-emerge-over-future-of-javier-pastore-as

Conflicting claims emerge over future of Javier Pastore as Palermo president suggests deal with Chelsea, not Paris Saint-Germain

Argentina international is edging closer to leaving the Serie A club but Zamparini claims agent will meet with Premier League side, not Ligue 1 outfit

Palermo ace Javier Pastore could be on his way to Chelsea, not Paris Saint-Germain as c;ub president Maurizio Zamparini counters reports he is set to join the French side by claiming a meeting will take place with the Premier League club on Friday.

The Palermo president has responded in stark contrast to earlier claims in Italy which suggested the 22-year-old was ready to sign a deal with PSG worth €45 million for the Sicilian side.

Sky Sport Italia reported that PSG beat Chelsea in the race to sign the playmaker, with Pastore expected to sign a deal with the ambitious French outfit.

However, Zamparini has now watered-down those claims as the transfer saga takes another major twist.

PSG director Leonardo recently said that players like Pastore are always interesting, but claimed it was difficult to buy them.

The Brazilian was asked on Thursday whether his club had sealed a deal for Pastore, but he said there "is nothing concrete".

Earlier, Zamparini had told an Italian radio station his man was surely leaving Serie A.

"The only thing that is certain is that he is going abroad," Zamparini told Radio Radio.

"We are in the decisive days now and I think Pastore is just one of a few world-class players, but I won't say where he is going, even under torture.

"The offers are between €40 million and €50m," he explained.

Pastore joined Palermo from Huracan in 2009 and instantly became a fan favourite in Sicily, being considered one of the best young talents in the Italian top flight.

jesus i hope were never involved in a transfer with palermo after this i never want to here of zamparini ever again

brmccfc wrote: »
    jesus i hope were never involved in a transfer with palermo after this i never want to here of zamparini ever again

I'm actually cheering him on now!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement