Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

it ain't,over till the mad,president sings. nothing official out there, wait for ssn or BBC. we won't know till Monday, plenty of other targets out there at more reasonable prices

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

If we don't challenge for the premier league, we can challenge for Christmas number 1

http://josh-mceachran.com/news/2011/07/29/video-exclusivechelsea-players-sing-and-play-music-in-hong-kong-2/

Gourcuff for 20 million
    Mata 15 million

etc etc lots of options

Or just PRAY that Kalou doesnt get injured :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Gourcuff for 20 million
    Mata 15 million

etc etc lots of options

Or just PRAY that Kalou doesnt get injured :D

Spurs have bid £22m for Mata according to the Guardian, so would take more than £15m

abelard wrote: »
    Spurs have bid £22m for Mata according to the Guardian, so would take more than £15m

Modric is "ill" and wont be playing in spurs friendly - SSN Speculation! ;)

(Maybe, just maybe?!) Spuds havent bought anybody yet despite harrys comments about getting player sin to get back in the top four.
    Modric would release funds for him

Logical?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I am still not convinced we were ever in for pastore, we only have crazy zamparinis word on that.

I still think we will move for modric but time is ticking, spurs looking at mata is curious. Where will he play left wing instead of bale or in the middle to replace 'modric' perhaps.

If we miss out on modric then I think AVB will go for moutinhno for 30 mill buy out clause.

I just wish we would make some moves ffs

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I am still not convinced we were ever in for pastore, we only have crazy zamparinis word on that.

I still think we will move for modric but time is ticking, spurs looking at mata is curious. Where will he play left wing instead of bale or in the middle to replace 'modric' perhaps.

If we miss out on modric then I think AVB will go for moutinhno for 30 mill buy out clause.

I just wish we would make some moves ffs

I reckon Hazard would be worth a punt
    AVB always said it would be August.
    I really think we will get Modric and it will cost at least 35 mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sweet didnt know the match on sky sports! sturridge and anelka up front with torres on the bench apparently hope josh starts

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Josh apparently going to get some time at AMC

brmccfc wrote: »
    sweet didnt know the match on sky sports! sturridge and anelka up front with torres on the bench apparently hope josh starts

Team isn't out yet is it?

• Advertisement

nah but heard the commentators on sky sports for the blackburn match saying that

nah but heard the commentators on sky sports for the blackburn match saying that

Ah ****e :( wanted to see Torres start

Cech; Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Zhirkov; Lampard, Mikel, McEachran; Sturridge, Anelka, Malouda.

Torres & Drogs Benched....Danny as a striker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone got an online link for the game gents?
    I errr...don't have the Sky Sports2 luxury..:o

looks like danny is on the right again, he looks brilliant when he cuts in on his left foot:)

Anelka ffs:mad:

superfrank wrote: »
    Cech; Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Zhirkov; Lampard, Mikel, McEachran; Sturridge, Anelka, Malouda.

Torres & Drogs Benched....Danny as a striker!

Very interesting to see how Anelka and Danny fair out, could be quite the pairing.
    Also worth keeping an eye on Yuri and Malouda.

Delighted josh is getting a start

means torres and drob paired for first time, late second half

Looking forward to seeing Josh...Also I'd say Danny will be more lively than Torres in the striker role...wouldn't mind seeing Anelka as a striker...Still think he is a lethal player in that position as long as he doesn't stray to midfield which he tends to do.

Chelsea, City, Arsenal & Inter all to win is 4/1 on paddy!! Betting on friendlies can be dodge but sure why not!!

• Advertisement

Goal 1-0 McEachran....Given very unlucky! made 2 great saves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

MUSEIST wrote: »
    looks like danny is on the right again, he looks brilliant when he cuts in on his left foot:)

Anelka ffs:mad:

Anelka has started very well

Looks very lively

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anelka and Sturridge have a great understanding so far in this game , we look dangerous every time were on the ball, and the build up is so much quicker than last season

Probably Clutching at straws but.....
    Chelsea alerted as Man City consider Johnson sale

30.07.11 | tribalfootball.com
    READ MORE NEWS ON: Chelsea, Fiorentina, Roberto Mancini, Manchester City, Middlesbrough

digg
    Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is seriously considering parting with Adam Johnson before the start of the season.

The former Middlesbrough winger faces being squeezed out at City as they pursue Mancini favourite Alessio Cerci, the Fiorentina winger.

The Telegraph says City chiefs have yet to decide whether to sell, or possibly loan, Johnson, who appears to have fallen out of favour with manager Mancini.

Chelsea made an inquiry over Johnson’s availability earlier this summer but that interest has been put on hold as new manager Andre Villas-Boas assesses his options, especially as he has little room for manoeuvre in his squad without moving on some senior players.

http://aggbot.com/link.php?id=14410594&r=tw&c=40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

any links lads???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

has Luiz been played much in pre-season?

yay fernando scores with his first touch after walking on the pitch

has Luiz been played much in pre-season?

luiz hasnt played at all because hes been given time off along with ramires after the copa america with brazil

• Advertisement

seriously walked on first chelsea attack malouda took a shot from a good bit out fluffed it and torres stroked it in with his first touch

edit:who ninja deleted their post that i was quoting?

well im happy with that, no goals conceded all pre-season despite the constantly changing back 4!!

Torres with another goal, showing some blinding pace that people think he no longer has while he was on also, Sturridge from what I saw was excellent too, McEachran getting himself a goal and impressing again!!

only Rangers left to go i think, wonder what or if AVB will say about Pastore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Has Ferreira been playing for you lot much?

G'WAN the Torres:D

G.K. wrote: »
    Has Ferreira been playing for you lot much?

He played a few games pre season but I doubt we will see much of him when the season starts, bosingwa and ivanovic ahead of him.

Delighted with the two goal scorers today, well done Josh and Torres!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Fernando Torres has now won more trophies with Chelsea than he did in his whole career at Liverpool

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Delighted for Nanders looked really sharp when he came on, Josh just keeps getting better and better and Dannyboy was superb again.

This is prob BS but AVB apparantally is quoted on transfercentral saying he needs 2 MF's (Modri and De Bruyne) 1 striker (Lukaku) and one def (Cahill/Dann

smuckers wrote: »
    Delighted for Nanders looked really sharp when he came on, Josh just keeps getting better and better and Dannyboy was superb again.

This is prob BS but AVB apparantally is quoted on transfercentral saying he needs 2 MF's (Modri and De Bruyne) 1 striker (Lukaku) and one def (Cahill/Dann

link?

anyone think ganso might be worth a bid?

anyone think ganso might be worth a bid?

More of a chance than Neymar. And already had a big injury.
    Big risk IMO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2011/01/can_ganso_make_his_mark.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Saw it on GThe Shed Chat re Avb's quote

i think he's worth a go every player we sign who hasn't played in the premier league is a risk hes a regular in the brazil team...would be a lot cheaper then neymar and a lot better passer.

I know he had a bad copa america but then again the whole Brazilian team played poor. I saw him a few times and saw a good range of passing and some nice link up play.

when did he have a big injury?

i think he's worth a go every player we sign who hasn't played in the premier league is a risk hes a regular in the brazil team...would be a lot cheaper then neymar good passer.

I know he had a bad copa america but then again the whole Brazilian team played poor. I saw him a few times and saw a good range of passing and some nice link up play.

when did he have a big injury?

Last year
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/444149-paulo-henrique-ganso-tears-acl-out-six-months

Ganso's injury timeline:

August 25: Sustains torn ACL injury in Santos v. Gremio Brazil Serie A match
    August 28: Successful cruciate ligament operation
    November 27: Begins running again for the first time since surgery
    December 28: Knee examination by Santos physiotherapist Avelino Buongermino
    March 2011: Projected date of Ganso's return to competitive play

i see fair point! so hes only getting back into it

edit: also im reading hes probaly gonna go to milan

Gourlay's been on Sky and said its up to AVB if we go back in for Torres and they will discuss it next week

Man City plan to keep Johnson

Gourlay's been on Sky and said its up to AVB if we go back in for Torres and they will discuss it next week

Man City plan to keep Johnson

We already have torres but Modric????

superfrank wrote: »
    We already have torres but Modric????

LOL Yep, and he looks sharp. ;)

Yes, Modric i meant!

Chelsea to discuss Modric

Gourlay to speak with Villas-Boas about fresh bid for Spurs star

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7071536,00.html

And there are Shed rumours that Man U have lodged a direct bid with Levy for 35 million for him

And isnt that 2 trophies already for AVB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Nothing doing really at the moment ,

Palmero President said we were hours away from taking Pastore the other day now PSG have practically signed him , although the player is still away on holidays, for such a big deal you would think he would cut the jollys short !

Improved bid for Modric maybe.

I think we will see some movements in the next week or so , with AVB and big Ron back in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

What do ye reckon your back four will be for the season (Assuming everyone is available)

Ivanovic/Bosingwa - Terry - Ivanovic/Luiz/Alex - Cole

Villa Boas likes his fullbacks to get forward as much as possible so i think it'll be Bos and Cole out wide with Terry and Ivanovic in the centre

Bosingwa is 10 times better going forward than Ivanovic but Ivanovic is 10 times better defending imo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement