Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is there a video floating about of Lukakakakakakakkaku doing a tour of chelseas ground a few years ago? Chelsea fan in work said something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

abelard wrote: »
    Anything more on Mata today either?

I guess no news is good news if we assume they're just finalising the paperwork and stuff?

Guillem Balague
    Mata: form of payment and other little
    details delaying confirmation. Clubs talking
    right now. You' ll have to be patient :-)
    according to his Twitter he is in London
    watching arsenal!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    RT @WVOMChelsea: Mata just came out east stand reception #upthechels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hilario starts today, dont fancy him or Turnball much. Torres and Mikel start.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Hilario starts today, dont fancy him or Turnball much.

He's a better option that Turnbull in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Are Romeu and Lukaku on the bench?

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Are Romeu and Lukaku on the bench?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Or we could stop starting Kalou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

g'wan flo mo!

Veles wrote: »
    Today's game proves we are desperate in need of players like Mata and Modric.

have no fear Mata is a done deal (And still rumours that Modric is a well, but really are just rumours)

Marca

"The club confirmed the sale of Mata Emery

Llorente had been informed of the sale of the player at Chelsea

The entity considers an act of responsibility for accepting the British offer

Unai Emery knows first hand that will be without Juan Mata during the season. During the Saturday morning he met with coach Manuel Llorente and Braulio Vazquez in Sports City where he was informed of the transfer of the player at Chelsea. The three heads of the club were coming to Paterna staggered. The Sports City was empty due to the strike but they were working in offices.

The agreement between the English club and the player is closed for five seasons and with a salary of over three million euros per season. The player is a specific request of Villas Boas, new coach Blue and bears the number 10 in the Premiership on the back. In Valencia the thing is done and just need to clarify some concepts of payment to sign the agreement soon.

From the Mestalla club is considered to sell to Kill an amount close to 28 million euros is an act of "responsibility" in a context like the present."

All from Google translate, so obviously allow for some minor errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sounds good i think he'll be a great addition to the team and will hopfully provide good service for our man torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭joe123

Just watching Bayern on ESPN. Robben really is in a league of his own. After scoring a brilliant goal.

What was the reasoning behind selling him when you did?

Hes still only 27 too and your team craves players like him that can actually beat a man or two.

Really doesnt get the world recognition he deserves imo. If only he wasnt so injury prone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Well a win is a win but we won't be winning any major silverware this season that's for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

joe123 wrote: »
    Just watching Bayern on ESPN. Robben really is in a league of his own. After scoring a brilliant goal.

What was the reasoning behind selling him when you did?

Hes still only 27 too and your team craves players like him that can actually beat a man or two.

Really doesnt get the world recognition he deserves imo. If only he wasnt so injury prone.

injurys. He was injurged 60-70% of the time for chelsea. Chelsea never replaced him, maybe mata can fill his boots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

And Robben wanted to leave, no point in keeping an unhappy player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just glad to get the three points in the end today. Some old problems though, lack of creativity/width but great that Mata is nearly in. Atmosphere was very flat for most of the game, shame we didn't get behind the team and the boos at half time were a disgrace. First half was shocking but booing was pretty embarrassing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

By the sounds of things on here and the hand bags on the match thread , I am glad I was on the golf course for the game today .

Typical I was only have a go at Malouda yesterday and he pops in with the winner today :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Bosingwa's looked really good the last two games, I wonder if he'll keep his place once Luiz is back or will Ivanovic get played on the right.

Johner wrote: »
    Just glad to get the three points in the end today. Some old problems though, lack of creativity/width but great that Mata is nearly in. Atmosphere was very flat for most of the game, shame we didn't get behind the team and the boos at half time were a disgrace. First half was shocking but booing was pretty embarrassing.

Mata on the left and Danny on the right will go some way to putting that right.

Yossi is teasing us saying on twitter, saying he will have news on wednesday. Lots of rumours that he is going to spuds and modric to us.
    They reckon it really is him on twitter. Could be bollox though

We are also linked with Montenegro winger Stevan Jovetic, 21.
    (he's had a serious knee injury though. Liverpool have long been linked with him)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just looking at long Opener , Bos hung Alex out to dry with that hospital ball,

Alex should never of shrugged off the ball by Long , but from an Irish perspective, its great to see , have we got a new Robbie Keane on our hands ?

I like the way AVB had a plan B and was not afraid to make the changes , Lampard looked 10 times better sitting in behind the front.

abelard wrote: »
    Bosingwa's looked really good the last two games, I wonder if he'll keep his place once Luiz is back or will Ivanovic get played on the right.

I reckon Bose will yep, if he keeps it up.
    Sorry to say but I reckon Alex could be off.
    Luiz, Bose, Ivan and even Terry will rotate I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Yeah you're probably right. Would be sad to see Alex go, have a lot of time for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I don't think so. I reckon we need him to have enough depth. It's not hard to imagine a situation where two of them are out, and I wouldn't be happy with the defence if that happened. Plus he's class and I don't think the money we'd get for him would be worth it.
    I like the way AVB had a plan B and was not afraid to make the changes

This one of the areas where AVB will be a lot better than Carlo imo. With Carlo it always seemed like there wasn't a plan b and when things started going wrong we kinda got lost.

It would be awful to see Alex to go!I woyldn't begrudge him he had a lot of patience with us all the time he was at psv!He's never put a foot wrong for us and hope we keep him!

If we get Mata and Modric we're genuine title contenders but this season the holy grail is a step too far :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

I cant see torres doing the business in the first 19 games. Just not sharp. Amazing how he dropped off at what should be his prime. Maybe 5 goals in first 19.

must be in danger of losing spanish place to Llorente soon.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    It would be awful to see Alex to go!I woyldn't begrudge him he had a lot of patience with us all the time he was at psv!He's never put a foot wrong for us and hope we keep him!

If we get Mata and Modric we're genuine title contenders but this season the holy grail is a step too far :(

I wouldnt like to see him go either, I'm just saying that he is likely to go.
    I suppose the club see it as getting close to 10 million for another player getting to the wrong side of 30.
    His replacement is likely to be Rajkovic if he gets his work permit.

With Mata taking Yuri's spot, that means we will have to ship one out to get one in. The dream is that one in is Modric and expected Yossi out.

I would still like to see another one in. Either Competition for Mikel or a right sided winger as long as it doesnt affect Danny.

Torres will come good, I'm convinced of it, but you cant score if you dont have the ball. The club know this and thats why Mata is coming in.
    unfortunately it could take time for all this to gel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Mata on the left and Danny on the right will go some way to putting that right.

Yossi is teasing us saying on twitter, saying he will have news on wednesday. Lots of rumours that he is going to spuds and modric to us.
    They reckon it really is him on twitter. Could be bollox though

We are also linked with Montenegro winger Stevan Jovetic, 21.
    (he's had a serious knee injury though. Liverpool have long been linked with him)

Good player but plays more through the middle I think.

Mata + Modric would solve an awful lot of problems for ye.

Would Modric mean Lampard or Ramires dropping out though I wonder?

flahavaj wrote: »

It better be Lampard dropping out!Another below par performance yesterday,Ramires has been class the first two games.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »

I would imagine there would be a bit of rotation if chelsea signed modric but on form lampard should be dropped IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I don't think Modric is the type of player you rotate?

I'd imagine Chelsea are looking to buy him to be the fulcrum of the team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Apparently Mata deal is done. From AS (via google translate):

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/valencia-hace-oficial-traspaso-mata/20110821dasdasftb_46/Tes

Valencia have made ​​official through a brief statement on its website, the transfer of Juan Mata Chelsea. The English club will pay about 30 million euros for the player, who signed for five seasons for the club by Roman Abramovich. "Valencia Football Club has reached an agreement in principle with Chelsea for the transfer of the player Juan Manuel Mata. The agreement is subject to the relevant medical evidence," announces the note.

Both clubs limaron today the latest and small differences and closed the operation, as desired by the player, who had already made ​​known to Valencia that he intended to play in the Premier if the bid was successful.

Despite interest from Chelsea in the Champion of the world throughout the summer until this weekend did not reach a formal offer to Valencia, who was not willing to part with the player for less than $ 30 million. The Blues came to that figure, something he did not at Arsenal in his attempt, and made the services of the player.

Mata, who has scored 36 goals in four seasons at Valencia, is a specific request of new coach London, André Villas-Boas. Faced with the possibility of losing the player, the club was headed by Manuel Llorente sealed the signings 'preventive' Piatti and Sergio Canales.

Yes valencia have confirmed mata to chelsea. Delighted:D

Starting to accumulate spanish players now, torres, romeu and now MATA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'd rate Mata up there with Silva. Will probably see a lot more of him in the Spanish National Team over the coming years.

You never know, as a fellow Spaniard, he might even pass the ball to Torres:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

At last some creativity being signed, Mata will be an excellent signing, hopefully one more.
    Yossi on twitter says he'll know about his future on Wed, all signs point to a swap deal for Meriles. :D

Harry on TS said the Mata deal has killed the Modric deal.

Ha, thats really gonna wind up Arsenal fans! (And a few pool ones as well)

Modric not playing tomorrow as his head is not in the right place according to Redknapp, looks like a deal could be on

• Advertisement

smuckers wrote: »
    Modric not playing tomorrow as his head is not in the right place according to Redknapp, looks like a deal could be on

sounds like it. Modric and mata would be an amazing summer, gives us pace and creativity that (as yesterday showed) we badly need

Agreed mate, Centre mid has been lacking creativity for quite a while.

My god, have chelsea actually managed to do a quick and pain free transfer?

What ever next? Wolves top of the league?!!!!

My god, have chelsea actually managed to do a quick and pain free transfer?

What ever next? Wolves top of the league?!!!!

its not done yet, still time for a robinhno style cock up:D

Anyone think Torres was a bit hard done by being subbed? was doing ok as he was getting very little support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Anyone think Torres was a bit hard done by being subbed? was doing ok as he was getting very little support.

Maybe but nothing AVB could do was going to give Torres that support, so there was no point in him being on the field.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    its not done yet, still time for a robinhno style cock up:D

The only difference is no fee was agreed with RM.

Mata Torres and Sturridge looks a good front 3.

Who is going to make way for Modric if we're going 4-3-3?

Harry on TS said the Mata deal has killed the Modric deal.

They are two different type of players .

Hopefully we have Lukka tied up on Wednesday ;)

Agreed mate, Centre mid has been lacking creativity for quite a while.

Whos going to be sacrificed?

Cech
    (Bosingwa)or (Ivanovic)or(Luiz)or (Alex)Terry Cole
    Mikel
    Ramires Lampard
    Sturridge Torres Mata

Arsenal forums in melt down!

Mata Torres and Sturridge looks a good front 3.

Who is going to make way for Modric if we're going 4-3-3?

hopefully lampard

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement