Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth
    RT @TheChelsOrg: Rajkovic Set For HSV Move

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

As a Valencia fan I'm sad to see Mata go, but happy enough with €30mill. I don't know how he'll do in England. He doesn't have the pace to run at players, and doesn't really have the dribbling skills to beat defender which seems to be the preferred kind of winger in the EPL. Great passer and very intelligent though. Not as good as Silva, but it will be interesting to see how he does.

I thought he wasn't going to be let leave, but his auld lad is his agent and a total pri*ck and money talks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

flahavaj wrote: »
    Imagine this guy is the Sports Editor of teh BBC website and he has to ask whether the player is any good. Unreal.

Thats fairly normal for the parochial English sports journalists.
    Most of them are unaware there is football played outside the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted. Now get Modric in and I'll be very happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

where will Mata fit into our team?

Malouda - Torres - Mata

Mata - Torres - Sturridge

Malouda - Torres - Sturridge
    Mata

???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

This please.

Probably be a good bit of rotation as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

LanceStorm wrote: »
    where will Mata fit into our team?

Malouda - Torres - Mata

Malouda - Torres - Sturridge
    Mata

???

Yep all of the above, but more likely IMO to be

He is very flexible from what I have read, can play as a striker, left side or right side.
    He can get pushed off the ball a lot, but Silva has learnt how to cope with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

He can get pushed off the ball a lot, but Silva has learnt how to cope with that

Its a very attacking line-up alright, then you can swap torres for drogba when needed and they'l still get great service to him aswell, you can even then have malouda to come in for mata and anelka in for sturridge when needed, all very inter-changable!!

I used to worry about the size of players but wise/dechamps/zola always surprised me with how well they coped and many many others since then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Rajkovic is going to Hamburg.

He looked to be in Villa Boas's plans but we could never secure a work permit.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Delighted. Now get Modric in and I'll be very happy.

The oft boring yet strangely compelling Modric gossip latest titbit

Basically theres this guy on a chelsea forum who claims he is mates with Jonathan Woodgate.
    Woodgate has reported this to him

"Like I said yesterday, talks are advanced and remain the same. Modric is not injured, has told Arry and Levy just get him out and let him join us NOW. Modric's agent is deep in talks with Spurs over Luka coming here but as it stands Benayoun will join Spurs at some point this week then we will cough up around 30M and Luka will be a Chelsea player. "

I accept no liablilty, just doing my transfer muppet bit for the Chelsea nation

Lukker- wrote: »
    Looks like Rajkovic is going to Hamburg.

He looked to be in Villa Boas's plans but we could never secure a work permit.

Wonder if that means we keep Alex? (If he was ever going?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So as Mata is coming does mean the end of Kalou?
    Where will Malouda + Anelka fit in now?
    I fully expect Sturridge to be first choice this season for ye,both Torres + Drogba have looked of form even though it is still early season..

I do think Mata and Modric as it looks ever likely now will make a big difference to Chelsea this year....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The oft boring yet strangely compelling Modric gossip latest titbit

Basically theres this guy on a chelsea forum who claims he is mates with Jonathan Woodgate.
    Woodgate has reported this to him

"Like I said yesterday, talks are advanced and remain the same. Modric is not injured, has told Arry and Levy just get him out and let him join us NOW. Modric's agent is deep in talks with Spurs over Luka coming here but as it stands Benayoun will join Spurs at some point this week then we will cough up around 30M and Luka will be a Chelsea player. "

I accept no liablilty, just doing my transfer muppet bit for the Chelsea nation

Saw that myself last night on CFCnet forums.

Reliable poster who said it but still so many conflicting reports, hard to know what's going on at all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

dahat wrote: »
    So as Mata is coming does mean the end of Kalou?
    Where will Malouda + Anelka fit in now?
    I fully expect Sturridge to be first choice this season for ye,both Torres + Drogba have looked of form even though it is still early season..

I do think Mata and Modric as it looks ever likely now will make a big difference to Chelsea this year....

Malouda and Anelka should fit nicely out the door .

Too many games , too many times the lads are just not interested .

Malouda had the fire in him after getting stick from the home support on Saturday and started to play like he wanted it, its a shame its no longer a regular occurrence.

Malouda and Anelka should fit nicely out the door .

Too many games , too many times the lads are just not interested .

Malouda had the fire in him after getting stick from the home support on Saturday and started to play like he wanted it, its a shame its no longer a regular occurrence.

I think they will just rotate\be considered backup to the first team.
    No sense in leaving empty spaces in the squad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I think they will just rotate\be considered backup to the first team.
    No sense in leaving empty spaces in the squad.

your talking over 150 K in wages there , bit too much for backup players ,

Out with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sturridge should play most games? I've a bet he will outscore Carroll, feeling confident.

your talking over 150 K in wages there , bit too much for backup players ,

Out with them

Was Malouda's double winning form really so long ago?

malouda's form never lasts a whole season though

saying that i'd get rid of kalou and benayoun if modric comes but not malouda

• Advertisement

Was Malouda's double winning form really so long ago?

last season more than dealt with that , he can no longer beat his man , and my mother could cross a ball into the box better these days.

He some how seems to have missed the concept that you need the ball to beat the first man !

Florent Malouda's salary

Nicolas Anelka's salary

I agree Malouda should go (he hurts the team so much), but keep Anelka.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

last season more than dealt with that , he can no longer beat his man , and my mother could cross a ball into the box better these days.
    Does your mother have boots and is she free on sunday morning?:p

I agree on the point about his delivery though i just still think he'd be worth keeping

brmccfc wrote: »
    I agree on the point about his delivery though i just still think he'd be worth keeping

Based on what? I honestly can't see what he contributes to the team.

edit: apart from his goals which don't make up for how terrible he is.

amiable wrote: »
    Does your mother have boots and is she free on sunday morning?:p

Lol Il have to check , vicious left boot on her, it came close many a time , only I was nimble in me nikeys.

Adam Phillip done his cruciate today in training

Out for at least 6 months

Again. :( That is horrible for the lad.

I've heard he's a nice lad too. Hope he recovers

• Advertisement

Masked Man wrote: »
    Based on what? I honestly can't see what he contributes to the team.

edit: apart from his goals which don't make up for how terrible he is.

13 goals a season isnt worth it for you no?

I've heard he's a nice lad too. Hope he recovers

He was having a good start to the season as well.

brmccfc wrote: »
    13 goals a season isnt worth it for you no?

Honestly it's not even close to worth it for me. He just loses the ball too much, doesn't really pass to other players when he's trying to make the run, and does nothing defensively.

Even if we do sell him we're not losing 13 goals, whoever plays there instead of him will pick up a few goals as well add more to the team.

Plus he's getting older and the price we get for him isn't going to go up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Is that really his, I find that hard to believe

MUSEIST wrote: »

Waiting on PVA who is deffo official to confirm .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

What do you lot reckon your front 3'll be for this season?

Mata-Torres-Sturridge, with Anelka, De Bruyne, Malouda and Kalou as backup for wings in that order and Drogba/Lukaku for centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

MUSEIST wrote: »

looks legit,

the real Kalou is following him anyway

John Obi Mikel's father has been returned

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

John Obi Mikel's father has been returned

Good to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Is that really Villas Boas's account? Somehow I doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Nope it dont look like it, officail accounts have a wee green verification tick after their names and that one doesn't i'm afraid!

Nope it dont look like it, officail accounts have a wee green verification tick after their names and that one doesn't i'm afraid!
    Not all do. There's quite a few accounts that are 100% the real deal that have not been verified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Not all do. There's quite a few accounts that are 100% the real deal that have not been verified

Have they? there ya are now I always assumed that they needed to be verified by twitter before they were legit...

Very impressed with Man U tonight, even if it was against a poor Spurs side

The simple truth is we are chasing them and City and we need more than 1 or 2 tinkering. Man U is an unbelievably organized squad who always seem to find a way to win even when it looks unlikely.
    We are a work in progress alright. Mata will take time to settle and even with no service, Torres better score against Norwich.
    Rumour has it AVB is looking at defence next, bringing in Rolando and bidding for Gregory van der Wiel.
    The problem is Fergie got given time to rebuild and was allowed to do so with no trophies. I doubt with Roman and our fans will give AVB the same type of chance
    People want to get rid of the old guard too quick. We need everyone on board and even the likes of Kalou, Malouda and Anelka can chip in. We need to be more of a team now than ever before.
    One last push until the rebuidling is done and starting to take effect I reckon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Very impressed with Man U tonight, even if it was against a poor Spurs side

The simple truth is we are chasing them and City and we need more than 1 or 2 tinkering. Man U is an unbelievably organized squad who always seem to find a way to win even when it looks unlikely.
    We are a work in progress alright. Mata will take time to settle and even with no service, Torres better score against Norwich.
    Rumour has it AVB is looking at defence next, bringing in Rolando and bidding for Gregory van der Wiel.
    The problem is Fergie got given time to rebuild and was allowed to do so with no trophies. I doubt with Roman and our fans will give AVB the same type of chance
    People want to get rid of the old guard too quick. We need everyone on board and even the likes of Kalou, Malouda and Anelka can chip in. We need to be more of a team now than ever before.
    One last push until the rebuidling is done and starting to take effect I reckon
    It's a pity we always leave it so late to complete the big transfers.

A full pre season for the likes of Mata, Lukaku and (hopefully) Modric would've been a huge advantage, and we probably wouldn't have dropped the 2 points against Stoke! :P
    Saying that, I'm just happy we're doing the business, and hopefully the new players will settle in quick.

United (barring the goalkeeper) look very good, and City look to have improved again. Definitely the most competitive premier league that I can remember.

Have they? there ya are now I always assumed that they needed to be verified by twitter before they were legit...
    Off the top of my head Robbie Fowler, Dirk Kuyt and Lucas don't have the verified tick mark but have been verified by LFC as authentic

Raheem Sterling and Glen Johnson have had theirs verified.

In saying all this i have my doubts about the AVB account :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I see Kalas has been loaned out.
    Story here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭AstonMartin

will mata result in malouda playing deeper?

will drogba get to play more than 500 mins of pl football?

how can torres get back to full sharpness just playing the first half?

luiz to replace alex? Much confidence in either?

whats the front 6 for most games with mata and modric to fit in?

kalou to be sold in january?

with all these changes do you think ye can win the pl against both well organised mancs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

If Mancini gets his tactics right, Man City will win the league. Barring a fup-uck of monumental proportions, Man City do not have a single weak spot in their team, as far as I can see.

Man United are the old horses though. Well able to weather any storms and while maybe not as spectacular as previous seasons, this is one well-drilled, well-organised and well-equipped side who will take some beating and who have a reputation for winning things at the last minute and winning things ugly, regardless.

Chelsea have old and new thrown together hapharzardly and with new players, old players, new manager and so much uncertainty and instability... I honestly don't know. This team will be hard beaten, IMO, but will be hard pressed to beat either of the above... I reckon that third would not be such a disaster for Chelsea this season, given all the changes and internal chopping and changing around. I honestly cannot see this Chelsea side slipping much (given who is coming behind them) but cannot see them finishing above either the Red or Blue of Manchester. No offence to anyone else, but THEY (Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, et al) are not going to break into the Top 3.

Give this season to allow the new signings to settle and expect no miracles and we'll be fine. But will R.A. give A.V.B. the time he needs? Unfortunately, given previous form, I highly doubt it. Only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

DazMarz wrote: »
    If Mancini gets his tactics right, Man City will win the league. Barring a fup-uck of monumental proportions, Man City do not have a single weak spot in their team, as far as I can see.
    Man United are the old horses though. Well able to weather any storms and while maybe not as spectacular as previous seasons, this is one well-drilled, well-organised and well-equipped side who will take some beating and who have a reputation for winning things at the last minute and winning things ugly, regardless.

Chelsea have old and new thrown together hapharzardly and with new players, old players, new manager and so much uncertainty and instability... I honestly don't know. This team will be hard beaten, IMO, but will be hard pressed to beat either of the above... I reckon that third would not be such a disaster for Chelsea this season, given all the changes and internal chopping and changing around. I honestly cannot see this Chelsea side slipping much (given who is coming behind them) but cannot see them finishing above either the Red or Blue of Manchester. No offence to anyone else, but THEY (Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, et al) are not going to break into the Top 3.

Give this season to allow the new signings to settle and expect no miracles and we'll be fine. But will R.A. give A.V.B. the time he needs? Unfortunately, given previous form, I highly doubt it. Only time will tell.

Man citys big weakness is there defence which is weak IMO. Also aguero is a great player but he is not an improvement on tevez (despite his great start). Man city will improve but I dont think they are at the same level as utd and I also think the fact that they are in europe will affect them. The CL will be a big deal to them and their fans so I think it will be a distraction for them tbh.

Chelseas squad is a bit mix and match tbh becasue the club have struggled to get rid of anelka, fereira and malouda but we have lots of good young players and unlike last season we have strenght in numbers which will help us. we still need a creative midfielder IMO.

This summers signing are good and you can begin to see our team for the future and the replacements for our current stars.

anelka <> sturridge
    drogba <> lukaku
    lampard <> maceachran (modric ?????)
    malouda <> mata

also people like ramires and luiz will improve as they have had time to settle into this league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement