Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

Chelsea-Andre-Villas-Boas+cropped

A snip of the interview to be fully showed at 7.30pm on CTV tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Villas Boas sacked after 1 game and losing 8-0. Guus takes over and is sacked on 31st December after winning 17 games and losing 1, reasons been he didnt win enough games.

Roman hires himself and buys 5 new players, including Sergio Agueros daughter as he believes she'll be one for the future. Roman wins the treble and sacks himself at the end of the season over falling out with himself and his team selection.

Mourihno replaces him with JT as an assistant and Lamps as 1st team coach.

Whats the odds of this happening?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The fact he has such good english is a massive plus IMO.

On Neymar, I think he's very talented and would be a huge success in the Premier League

I've read on a few forusm and blogs that people are saying he has 6 months to win the EPL or CL. :confused:

So if the season starts on August 13th that gives him until February to have the EPL and CL wrapped up.

Ooooookkkkkk. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

hes on a 3 year contract he should be given 3 years.

Soby wrote: »

Yup, totally agree with ya Soby, give him at least the 3 years, see how we stand in that time.

Would Roman be happy with 1 CL trophy in 3 years and no EPL or FA or LC titles.

Or

Would he be happy with 2/3 EPL titles an FA cup or 2 and LC cup?

Only time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Soby wrote: »
    I read somewhere earlier that its a 2 year contract with Chelsea with the option to extend it by a further year.
    Which is still a 3 year contract but means if he doesn't work out less compensation

amiable wrote: »
    I read somewhere earlier that its a 2 year contract with Chelsea with the option to extend it by a further year. If he wins trophies.
    Which is still a 3 year contract but he has to win trophies means if he doesn't work out less compensation

FYP :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

amiable wrote: »
    I read somewhere earlier that its a 2 year contract with Chelsea with the option to extend it by a further year.
    Which is still a 3 year contract but means if he doesn't work out less compensation

LOL it says a lot about a club that when they recruit the brightest young manager in the game, they're already planning ahead to the compensation they'll have to pay when they sack him. Practice makes perfect I suppose.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    LOL it says a lot about a club that when they recruit the brightest young manager in the game, they're already planning ahead to the compensation they'll have to pay when they sack him. Practice makes perfect I suppose.:pac:

Its one of the only words of English that Roman knows, leave him alone ffs :pac:

His vocabulary consists of :

Win Champions League

How much compensation you like?

You're Sacked

Pick Torrers

Play like Barca

I have it from real authority that above is true. :cool:

gavredking wrote: »
    Its one of the only words of English that Roman knows, leave him alone ffs :pac:

His vocabulary consists of :

Win Champions League

How much compensation you like?

You're Sacked

Pick Torrers

Play like Barca

I have it from real authority that above is true. :cool:

I wonder how much he's paid out over the years betwen managers and their background teams etc. Must be close to £100m, easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Number Nine

I wonder how much he's paid out over the years betwen managers and their background teams etc. Must be close to £100m, easily.

Mere pocket change for sure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Absolutely delighted that the manager situation has finally been put to bed. Now to look at the transfer market, I think we all have an idea on who will most likely be leaving SB this summer, but the question is who (if any!) will be brought in. The new manager may well have his own ideas on who he does/does not want in his squad.
    Interesting times ahead for the Blues!:pac:

• Advertisement

In case you havent seen this

188BET GIVES CHELSEA FC FANS A YEAR’S FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO CHELSEA TV

188BET is offering all Chelsea FC fans 12 months of free Chelsea TV, so they won’t miss any of their favourite club’s sporting action.

As the official club channel for Chelsea FC, Chelsea TV features live games, Chelsea FC match highlights, video-on-demand, exclusive player interviews & news from Stamford bridge and the Cobham training ground.

To qualify, customers just have to register with 188BET and back up their sporting expertise by placing bets totalling £30 or more. They will then be eligible to receive a 12 month subscription to Chelsea TV for free. The promotion is open globally to all new and existing customers.

This is a deal that any serious Blues fan wouldn’t want to miss out on so place your bets today to be in with a chance.

To sign up for the deal or to find out more, users should simply visit: www.188promo.com/chelseatv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Its amazing, last sunday i was convinced guus would be our new manager and here we are on the wednesday with villas boas in charge:D. Its been a good week.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Its amazing, last sunday i was convinced guus would be our new manager and here we are on the wednesday with villas boas in charge:D. Its been a good week.

I know, its like I am convinced we were signing Lukaku this week, only to find out next week its actually Aguero (came on last half hour, scored one, set up one), Neymar, Modric AND Lukaku! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's a hunk.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

To the sound of the Anelka song.

Do do do Andre Villas Boas

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I can't help but read that tune as "The two two two two two...Andre Villas Boas..The two two two two two!"
    Curses to whoever came up with that advert for great car insurance :o

Anyone got a link to the full interview?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Sorry , but what is everyone excited about ?

he needs time.

RA will sack him if he wins nothing in the 1st season - a good chance...

he is 33 - no experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

jcf wrote: »

he needs time.

he is 33 - no experience

Sorry but carlo had plenty of experience and he was bereft of ideas when things got difficult, not to mention how poorly motivated the team was under him.

Experience is important but just cause he is inexperienced is not a reason to start writing him off just yet.

jcf wrote: »

he needs time.

he is 33 - no experience

Im going to take his lack of experience as a good thing because he wont have fear going into the job, there is no doubting the senior players should get on with him, JT, Lamps, Drogba, Essien, Cech we're all at the club when he first joined so would know what to expect and with the senior players pleased the rest of the squad should have no problem taking to their new manager.

I for one cant wait until this season starts, its much like when Carlo took over, we knew he was good but what was he going to achieve was the question and a few drubbing of teams won everyone over, I'd love Villas Boas to go to Stoke and beat them out of the ground about 3-4 nil, Stoke dont lose to many games at the Brittania so its a tough enough test for the new manager but no doubt he'll be doing his homework on Stoke and the lads wil be very prepared.

Bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

so Neymar won the copa libertes or whatever its called last night, is it time for him to go now??

LanceStorm wrote: »
    so Neymar won the copa libertes or whatever its called last night, is it time for him to go now??

Hopefully he will make a choice one way or the other and then we can all stop worrying about it!

This Neymar business has gone on for far too long. I recall West Ham having a 12m pound bid rejected, how the f**ck has his value gone to £40m since then? No way I'd be willing to pay that tbh, knock 15m off and we can begin to talk. Even then it's a massive massive risk.

Anyone doubting Neymars ability or value watch the Copa Libertadores 2nd leg and tell me hes not a class above.

If we dont pay the £40Million there is a host of clubs who will, Santos are now in the World Club Championship been played in December so he might stay until January or even next year at Santos but either way hes just going to get better and better.

Also he is part of the Brazil squad playing in the Copa America so anybody that can, chek him out, hes the real deal.

Some article about the final : http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2931/go-global/2011/06/23/2544120/neymar-copa-libertadores-win-makes-this-the-happiest-day-of

Falcao, Neymar, Lukaku is who we are being linked most with now, when what we need most is a winger (right side) and a creative midfielder. Neymar to me looks like a vanity signing.

• Advertisement

TBH I expect Neymar to go to Real Madrid anyway.

Dont think we need Falcao not if we get Lukaku, so its either or for me with these players.

Same goes for Moutihno and Modric, its one or the other.

Hope to god we don't go for Moutinho, really don't think he's at Chelsea's standard and certainly not for 35m.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Hope to god we don't go for Moutinho Modric , really don't think he's at Chelsea's standard and certainly not for 35m.

FYP :pac:

In saying that, I dont think there is to much between Modric and Moutihno but whoever we buy as a creative midfielder is going to cost us an arm and a leg.

Any word of Lukaku? Hoping we still go for him.

Neymar last night. :eek:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=8ciyn.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

fiesty

Johner wrote: »
    Neymar last night. :eek:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=611&filename=8ciyn.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

fiesty

Maybe he has just wiped 10 million off and put off other clubs.
    He could be our Balotelli !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Well seems that he will prob be banned for the first few games that should knock a few quid off the price , I mean what type of a muppet gets involved in something like that when the spotlight of the world is on him and potentially the biggest move of his career around the corner.

Any how the mirror has us back in for him , I do wonder where they get these storys ,

Some one should set up a league for Journalists/Newspapers on transfer rumors or just rumors in general, would be fun to see them ranked and given points on the tripe they publish.

http://football-talk.co.uk/28491/reports-chelsea-to-tie-up-striker-deal-within-days/?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

O and another just like the other , supposedly terms agreed with Falco

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/23/2544423/radamel-falcao-opts-to-join-chelsea-over-real-madrid-in-5m-a

Even though it has not been reported to the stock exchange that we even made a bid , so its more than likely claptrap at this moment and time

and for the hat trick of posts a video of the lad , mind you , ya could even make me look good in these little youtube cameos

The dive on 47 seconds , swinging the legs into the keeper , dear me :o

Cant seem to embed this properly so here is the youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFoB5sk3Eg

• Advertisement

O and another just like the other , supposedly terms agreed with Falco

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/06/23/2544423/radamel-falcao-opts-to-join-chelsea-over-real-madrid-in-5m-a

Even though it has not been reported to the stock exchange that we even made a bid , so its more than likely claptrap at this moment and time

AVB was quoted as saying no immediate changes. So unless Roman is buying them himself, ;) we may not get any quick new arrivals.

I'd still happly take Neymar. It all really kicked off last night though. Them South Americans are really passionate about football and fighting so its a good way to vent your anger.

TBH, I dont think the incidents will stop either us or Real going for him, although I'm not sure if Mourihno would want too much theatrics in his team.

On Lukaku, it all seems to have gone quiet lately on his potnetial transfer, we had all heard good things about 10days ago, much like Guus and we know how that panned out. :pac:

A temperamental striker prone to diving and having embarrasing meltdowns after big games? Neymar and Drogba are goiung to get on well aren't they?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Yeah Neymar is absolute class. Potential star in 2014 at the World Cup. I'd be very very worried about his attitude though, case in point ^^

Is Villa-Boas not a massive, massive gamble for you lads? He did brilliant with Porto yeah but it's a very big risk all the same. Could work out, could end in disaster.

I'd have gone the safer route and gotten Hiddink in myself.

A temperamental striker prone to diving and having embarrasing meltdowns after big games? Neymar and Drogba are goiung to get on well aren't they?:pac:

HEY!!!

That was the old Drogba, the new Drogba features 50% less diving, leaving him at 75% diving :P

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Yeah Neymar is absolute class. Potential star in 2014 at the World Cup. I'd be very very worried about his attitude though, case in point ^^

Is Villa-Boas not a massive, massive gamble for you lads? He did brilliant with Porto yeah but it's a very big risk all the same. Could work out, could end in disaster.

I'd have gone the safer route and gotten Hiddink in myself.

Problem is nobody knows how it will pan out, the only way to know is by giving him his opportunity and Im glad we are the ones to do it. Every manager we sign is always under pressure from day one, the media are only waiting for them to be sacked and the pressure from the English media is a huge distraction, its one of the worse part of the EPL IMO.

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Problem is nobody knows how it will pan out, the only way to know is by giving him his opportunity and Im glad we are the ones to do it. Every manager we sign is always under pressure from day one, the media are only waiting for them to be sacked and the pressure from the English media is a huge distraction, its one of the worse part of the EPL IMO.

How's that saying go again? "It'll be grand"!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Twitter telling me Falcao to Chelsea is done. Strange one for me.

Yes as well as Rooney and Nani :D

How's that saying go again? "It'll be grand"!

I've no doubt AVB will do the job. I hope we reclaim the title this year and win our 5th League Title, watch your back Liverpool we're coming for ye now too. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Who on twitter Gonzo?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement