Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

We're so ****ed for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Colmaninho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Come on Danny, do your stuff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Only going to be one winner from here I'm afraid.

5 mins added on, we are fucked.

Bollox extra time.

Could do without that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Note to AVB.
    Never EVER play Kalou again - Surely you have learnt this????
    And dont start Anelka

In January go and buy at least one striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Any working links??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Malouda was captain? Not a good start for a tough game vs Everton away

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Any working links??

Radio only.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_london

yes!!!! 10 v 10.

Should win it now. Especially with Cech if it goes to penalties.

Anelka misses a sitter ugh

Danny!!!!! :D

GET IN STUDGE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

goal sturridge 2-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Sounds like that was coming:pac:

Get the **** in there. Danny is class.

Dannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

That a boy Danny

Malouda has been ok tonight from what I am hearing

Hold on now ffs.

Chelsea fans are going to bounce in a minute. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Johner wrote: »
    Chelsea fans are going to bounce in a minute. ;)

One of the best feelings when at a game and that kicks off !!!

Get in, delighted with that win!!! I love Petr Cech.

One of the best feelings when at a game and that kicks off !!!

Love it! :)

• Advertisement

Highlights on BBC 1 at 23.50

AVB on the pitch hugging his players as they come off .

The lad is top class , really showing the players how much he appreciates there performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

that sounded like hard work, great to grind out that result and sounded like we had enough chances to kill it off earlier. What is it with Saha scoring against us at every opportunity ? getting daft now.

Few tired legs that need to get ready for saturday. Nice one Chels!

Danny is a scoring machine

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Highlights on BBC 1 at 23.50

on about 30 mins earlier on bbc 1 london - bbc1 NI runs 30 odd mins later for highlights apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Sturridge took his goal well

amiable wrote: »
    Sturridge took his goal well

Looks like a boy brimming with confidence , it was a tasty finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Why is Anelka still taking penalties?? I dont have the stats but I can remember at least 3 that he has missed (including the CL final) He's french - doesn't have the mentality for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭The Davestator

It pains me to say it but Malouda was brilliant tonight. Anelka was rubbish though all round. Everton were the better side IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Delighted with the victory and the performance.

Puts me in very confident mood for Arsenal on Saturday.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

gavredking wrote: »
    Delighted with the victory and the performance.

Puts me in very confident mood for Arsenal on Saturday.

:D

With any luck will have the luxury of 11 players. Seems to be rare these days.

It pains me to say it but Malouda was brilliant tonight. Anelka was rubbish though all round. Everton were the better side IMO.

How do you think Betrand played? Reckon we will still go out and get another left back

Everton were the better side, but we had our chances and would have been a different game if we had put the chances away (Anelka!)
    Remember it was an odds and sods side with youth thrown in so they werent used to playing with each other.
    Alex was solid and deserves a go in the first team, Mikel was ver poor and Romeu needs to take his place. Luka looked lively and just needs a goal i think.
    Pleased we progressed and gives the fringe members of the squad another game

How do you think Betrand played? Reckon we will still go out and get another left back

Everton were the better side, but we had our chances and would have been a different game if we had put the chances away (Anelka!)
    Remember it was an odds and sods side with youth thrown in so they werent used to playing with each other.
    Alex was solid and deserves a go in the first team, Mikel was ver poor and Romeu needs to take his place. Luka looked lively and just needs a goal i think.
    Pleased we progressed and gives the fringe members of the squad another game

If we can draw Crystal Palace or Cardiff we'll be into the Semi's and it would be a great chance to pick up a trophy. Man City's second team looks good enough to finish top half of the table so hopefully we can avoid them until the Semi's or the Final.

I think we can win this with our squad too.

I only seen the BBC highlights but we looked ok, Everton should have won though when they had the 1 man advantage.

Delighted Danny scored, he'll be brimming with confidence for the Arsenal game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Great result last night even if it went to penos I would of been confident, the Everton keeper had a stinker, roll on Saturday now.

When is the draw for the next round ?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Great result last night even if it went to penos I would of been confident, the Everton keeper had a stinker, roll on Saturday now.

When is the draw for the next round ?

Draw is been made on Soccer Saturday from 12pm, dont know the exact time though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

JT is embarrassing himself now, he should just come out and admit it ...

jcf wrote: »
    JT is embarrassing himself now, he should just come out and admit it ...

What?
    He'll be finished for sure if he does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

How's Stadium vote going to go? Does anyone have a share? How you going to vote?

Personally I like the Bridge and would like to stay if it could seat 60,000 but it can't. I'd vote yes because with the Financial Fair play regs a 50% increase in match day revenues can't be ignored.

What?
    He'll be finished for sure if he does

I dont know if the FA will charge him, but its one of the only incidents I can think of where there is evidence that suggests JT has said something, and even JT has said he said but only to clear up a misunderstanding over it, again its JT's word against Anton.

If he is charged the police will surely take action and he'll more then likely get a suspended sentence and or community service. It will be interesting times ahead.
    How's Stadium vote going to go? Does anyone have a share? How you going to vote?

Personally I like the Bridge and would like to stay if it could seat 60,000 but it can't. I'd vote yes because with the Financial Fair play regs a 50% increase in match day revenues can't be ignored.

I'd say it will be very close, the CPO are very loyal to Stamford Bridge, as are the vast majority of Chelsea fans but a move to a bigger stadium is needed if we intend to compete for the next 10 + years.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

AVB is impressing me
    Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has dedicated Wednesday night’s 2-1 Carling Cup triumph to their captain John Terry.

Terry is currently under investigation by the Football Association following allegations of racial abuse directed at QPR’s Anton Ferdinand in Sunday’s defeat. The 30-year-old, who was not part of the squad that overcame Everton in extra-time last night, has described the incident as a ‘misunderstanding’.

Chelsea, who played with 10-men for an hour of the tie, defeated the Toffees courtesy of a Daniel Sturridge strike deep into extra-time.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Villas-Boas said: "The spirit of the players took us through. I think all of the players would like to dedicate the win to John Terry. We deserved it for what we put on as an effort and for the football we played.”

Chelsea will discover their 5th round opposition on Saturday.

gavredking wrote: »
    I dont know if the FA will charge him, but its one of the only incidents I can think of where there is evidence that suggests JT has said something, and even JT has said he said but only to clear up a misunderstanding over it, again its JT's word against Anton.

If he is charged the police will surely take action and he'll more then likely get a suspended sentence and or community service. It will be interesting times ahead.

I'd say it will be very close, the CPO are very loyal to Stamford Bridge, as are the vast majority of Chelsea fans but a move to a bigger stadium is needed if we intend to compete for the next 10 + years.

Is it a criminal offence in the UK to racially abuse someone ?

thebison wrote: »
    AVB is impressing me

He sure is, great stance he has there and shows like this will show the squad hes right there with them
    Is it a criminal offence in the UK to racially abuse someone ?

It is, but so is assualt and driving under the influence and we all know that sports stars dont go to jail when the break the law, in most circumstances.

Surprising, I mean if someone calls a guy a black c*nt or whatever, that guy is an idiot - but should he be charged ??

I don't think so, what next you can be charged for calling some guy a w*nker ?

Anyway back on topic - JT's excuse is getting crazy - he says he said it but in the context of telling Anton he didn't say it -- :rolleyes:

Just admit it and come out with an apology, sign up for some community extra work like Ballotelli did ...

Surprising, I mean if someone calls a guy a black c*nt or whatever, that guy is an idiot - but should he be charged ??

I don't think so, what next you can be charged for calling some guy a w*nker ?

Anyway back on topic - JT's excuse is getting crazy - he says he said it but in the context of telling Anton he didn't say it -- :rolleyes:

Just admit it and come out with an apology, sign up for some community extra work like Ballotelli did ...

Kop on if he said it in a racialy abusive way he is done ,club n country.

His excuse is not getting crazy as you put it, it has been the same all along.

I don't think he is racist at all , There is talk on the shed that Ashley cole will be giving evidence in his support .

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

More on AVB
    Two years after being appointed the boss of Académia who were at the time bottom of the Portuguese Primeira Liga, André Villas-Boas finds himself in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the world. After seeing many world class ability managers (and Luiz Felipe Scolari) not quite satisfy the needs of multi-billionaire owner Roman Abramovich, Villas-Boas' move to Chelsea raised many eyebrows within the footballing world.

After leading Académia to an 11th place finish in his initial season in charge, Villas-Boas was snapped up by Portuguese giants F.C. Porto. The success he achieved at Porto was unprecedented as he became the youngest manager ever to win a European competition. Winning the Europa League was only 1/3 of an excellent treble winning season for the young Portuguese manager. A season that also saw Porto remain undefeated throughout the league campaign. The murmurs of comparisons with his ex-mentor José Mourinho had began and after Villas-Boas was announced as the new Chelsea manager on the 22nd June 2011, they were only going to get louder.

Too often last season Chelsea rather stalled in possession. Carlo Ancelotti regularly bemoaned a lack of tempo in their approach, with the ball stuck in midfield and opponents able to reorganise and stifle. This has not been the case under Villas-Boas. The main culprits in slowing the attack down and taking far too many touches on the ball have been ousted from Chelsea's starting XI. Nicholas Anelka and John Obi Mikel can only look on in envy as Chelsea have adopted a style of play that hasn't been seen at the club before.

Whilst previous managers such as Mourinho and Ancelotti focused their play on strength and direct football, Villas-Boas has adopted the style of football that Abramovich has seemingly craved. Throughout his time in charge of Chelsea, winning alone has not been deemed good enough for the powerful Russian. There has always been a abundantly clear message that Chelsea should be a team winning in style.

Largely due to his performances on the international scene, Frank Lampard has endured a lot of (unfair) criticism this season but under Villas-Boas, Lampard has revitalised his game and despite being substituted at half time at Old Trafford, Lampard has bounced back and seems to have proven to his manager that he is still an essential member of the Chelsea squad. Under previous managers Lampard would have been one of the first names on the team sheet but just like the team's style of play, times have changed at Chelsea. Villas-Boas seems to have bought an end to the days where the Chelsea dressing room was dominated by the players, which in itself is an achievement to be applauded. It is clear to see that the young manager is not to be taken lightly.

Despite only having been at Chelsea for such a short amount of time, Villas-Boas seems to have already solved a burning issue his predecessor could not; Torres is scoring again. Villas-Boas has very much made Fernando Torres the main man within the club. The patience the striker was shown at the start of the season seems to be paying off as Torres is set to return to the side this weekend after bagging four goals in his last four appearances.

Throughout his short managerial career, Villas-Boas has had to deal with many claims that he is too inexperienced to be appointed as manager at high profile clubs such as Porto and Chelsea. However, delivering a rousing pre-match speech does appear to be one of Villas-Boas' skills as Porto goalkeeper Beto describes how he felt after hearing his ex-manager's team talk before the Europa League final, "It was so moving it brought tears to my eyes." Not bad for such an inexperienced manager. Beto continues "Every player left that room sure we would beat Braga." Whilst such a team talk can be saved for only the biggest of games, André Villas-Boas definitely has enough in his armoury to bring success to Chelsea.

If given time, which is not always a luxury that Chelsea managers get, Villas-Boas is certain to bring unequalled success to SW6. After having solved the Torres dilemma and seemingly reinstalled the siege mentally that Mourinho bought to the club, the young manager at Chelsea can now concentrate on bringing the Premier League title back to Stamford Bridge and finally bringing Champions League glory to the club where it is most craved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement