Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

COYVB wrote: »
    Bannan gone! £800k-1m

Woo

any links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

listermint wrote: »
    any links
    One of the most reliable ITK's on VT just posted he'll be gone today or tomorrow. Looks like its to Blackburn. God help them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Looks like its to Blackburn. God help them.

I'd imagine he'll do quite well in the Championship. His career definitely we backwards after his drink driving crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Patser wrote: »
    Small item in the Metro paper saying Hull, Palace and a few European teams interested in N'Zogbia. More wages saved if it happens but not exactly solid speculation.

I'd imagine Bruce would love to get him (we were linked with him in every transfer window when he was manager at Sunderland) but wages might prove to be a problem for them I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

One of the most reliable ITK's on VT just posted he'll be gone today or tomorrow. Looks like its to Blackburn. God help them.

Kendrick confirmed it earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Villa playing Crewe right now, winning 4-1 at half time.

Benteke hat-trick and Weimann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Finished 5-1 Bacuna got the last one. Finished the last 30 mins at right back as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

LeBash wrote: »
    Finished 5-1 Bacuna got the last one. Finished the last 30 mins at left back as well.

I think Bacuna will be an out and out utility man, still he has impressive stats considering the money paid for him.

Wilfried Zaha, 20 years of age 136 club games 13 goals 9 u21 caps 1 goal, €12m roughly
    Leandro Bacuna, 21, 109 club games 14 goals, 10 u21 caps 1 goal, €1.1m roughly

It is arguable as to whether or not the Eredivisie is that much stronger than the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Who?

I want to follow all the genuine ITKs

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Who?

Barry 'Xavi' Bannan.

• Advertisement

Newcastle put in a bid for Gomis and a bid for a year long loan of Remi.

I think we will struggle to get Bent off the books if they go through.

LeBash wrote: »
    Newcastle put in a bid for Gomis and a bid for a year long loan of Remi.

I think we will struggle to get Bent off the books if they go through.

He'll go somewhere, would add quality to a lot of teams.

JPA wrote: »
    He'll go somewhere, would add quality to a lot of teams.

Id just love to see the wage off the books before the window closes. Other than Fulham or Newcastle was there any other interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

To echo some points already made on VT, Bent will slot in instantly wherever he goes. He's a poacher, he doesn't need to learn systems or anything like that. With this in mind i'd say he'll go at the very end of the month; the buying club saving itself the balance of 300k in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Who?

Follow poster "HairyHands".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

He may have played for our fiercest rivals, but RIP Christian Benitez.

Very sad news, a decent enough player too.

Neil3030 wrote: »

Doesnt get much better. Just reading something in the birmingham mail and hutton to mallorca is off over a "snag". Thought he was gone myself but there ya go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Is there a Boards plan of attack for Sunday's game or just go with the Villafans.ie flow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Raging I'm missing this match and in Dublin as well, but Croke Park will hopefully be my Theatre of Dreams....is Lambert bringing over a full squad I wonder or just another Newport 11?

• Advertisement

Raging I'm missing this match and in Dublin as well, but Croke Park will hopefully be my Theatre of Dreams....is Lambert bringing over a full squad I wonder or just another Newport 11?

Sounds like a full squad. Tonev and Okore expected to play a part

Haha. I was facing that test of loyalty too until the Dublin match was set for Saturday evening. So I'll have 2 days of big game drinking.

Sounds like a full squad. Tonev and Okore expected to play a part

Will have to be a full squad, full strength.

The 2nd last pre season game.

Gary Gardner just scored an absolutely unbelievable free kick from about 40 yards against Walsall

Finished 5-0 (Delph, Agbonlahor, Benteke, Grealish, Gardner)

Clean sheet and very tidy performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Finished 5-0 (Delph, Agbonlahor, Benteke, Grealish, Gardner)

Clean sheet and very tidy performance

First clean sheet in 9 months?

yeah, something crazy like that. it's only a friendly though, so it doesn't really count

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

yeah, something crazy like that. it's only a friendly though, so it doesn't really count
    According to Lonely Island it does :pac:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english/2013/0802/466091-fulham-step-up-hunt-for-bent/

Bent is looking increasingly likely to be leaving soon and Fulham are now in pole position since Newcastle have agreed a fee with Lyon for Gomis. £5 million sterling sounds about right for Bent, even it is a huge drop from what we paid for him. We can't go asking mega money for a player so obviously out of favour and unwanted.

Still I wonder what the hell Jol is thinking of down in Fulham - a forward line of Bent and Berbatov, sounds great on paper but I hope you have a supply line for them because they sure as hell ain't gonna chase down the ball. Duff's 34 year old legs will be worn down to stumps

• Advertisement

A £13m loss on paper, but contrast that with losing him for free after another 2 years of coughing up 80k a week.

In light of the situation we're in, i.e., Lambert simply isn't going to use him, this deal is kinda like giving the club £13m.

Plus his goals kept us in the Premiership under both Houllier and McLeish, which is worth the money spent alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Neil3030 wrote: »
    A £13m loss on paper, but contrast that with losing him for free after another 2 years of coughing up 80k a week.

In light of the situation we're in, i.e., Lambert simply isn't going to use him, this deal is kinda like giving the club £13m.

Plus his goals kept us in the Premiership under both Houllier and McLeish, which is worth the money spent alone.

I thought 10 million was the least we would get :( .
    Better off the books though if we only got a fiver it saves the club a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Can't really get 10 Million for a player that hasn't featured and is publicly seen as Unwanted.

Now if only Given, Ireland and Hutton could be moved on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Beat Shamrock Rovers 0-2 in their council home today. Which was nice. Weimman and Benteke. I assume a few posters attended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Should really go after Will Hughes. Player with a big future.

CSF wrote: »
    Should really go after Will Hughes. Player with a big future.
    I like him aswell, saying that Ive heard a few times this year they will be looking for 8million for him to move

• Advertisement

Beat Shamrock Rovers 0-2 in their council home today. Which was nice. Weimman and Benteke. I assume a few posters attended.

Was there. Alright game but lacked much fight.

Only a friendly but Okore looks a beast.
    Physically he'll be a match for anyone and football wise he looks like he reads the game well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

astonaidan wrote: »
    I like him aswell, saying that Ive heard a few times this year they will be looking for 8million for him to move

Not entirely surprising considering nationality and age. I imagine there'd be a real re-sale value.

CSF wrote: »
    Not entirely surprising considering nationality and age. I imagine there'd be a real re-sale value.
    Id imagine so, taking the links to Barca and City hes been getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

JPA wrote: »
    Was there. Alright game but lacked much fight.

Only a friendly but Okore looks a beast.
    Physically he'll be a match for anyone and football wise he looks like he reads the game well.

did he play centre half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Bacuna looks very versatile, not the most solid at RB but can do the job. Okore can move pretty quick, deceptively so. Enjoyed the match, team is starting to look sharp.

• Advertisement

Id imagine so, taking the links to Barca and City hes been getting

There's no way there's anything to those links at all TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

did he play centre half

ya, 45 minutes.

There's no way there's anything to those links at all TBH
    Never said there was, but surely the sign of a higher rated prospect than I dont know a player getting linked to Fulham, West Brom standard

Never said there was, but surely the sign of a higher rated prospect than I dont know a player getting linked to Fulham, West Brom standard

Still means nothing. He wouldn't be at Derby still if he was good enough for Barca

Certainly wouldn't like to see us spending £8-10m on him anyway. Way too much of a risk for a player who's never played at a high level. Lambert could get 4 young internationals for that from other countries.

Still means nothing. He wouldn't be at Derby still if he was good enough for Barca

Certainly wouldn't like to see us spending £8-10m on him anyway. Way too much of a risk for a player who's never played at a high level. Lambert could get 4 young internationals for that from other countries.

Theres plenty of players who play/played for Barcelona when at his age they werent playing top league football never mind for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Luna was less than impressive yesterday, constantly being left for dust and poor interceptions of simple balls.

Hoping he improves when it gets real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

listermint wrote: »
    Luna was less than impressive yesterday, constantly being left for dust and poor interceptions of simple balls.

Hoping he improves when it gets real

Tonev was very poor too, completely off the pace. Presume its just a fitness thing. Okore looks good though, composed and looks for a midfield pass when he has the ball. Delph fouled all around him too. Would like to see the midfield strengthened more.

I thought the 2nd half team looked very poor and just shows that while we have added new players, they are going to need time to improve

If any of our starting 11 get injured, I'm not confident of beating any premier league team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »

Was about 300 Villa fans at Abbey St Luas stop at around 12.30.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement