Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Feidhlim wrote: »
    I thought the 2nd half team looked very poor and just shows that while we have added new players, they are going to need time to improve

I think that was more to do with Rovers being so physical. None of our guys looked like they fancied picking up a knock, so there was no urgency, more a case of knocking it around and keeping the opposition away so they couldn't foul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

COYVB wrote: »
    I think that was more to do with Rovers being so physical. None of our guys looked like they fancied picking up a knock, so there was no urgency, more a case of knocking it around and keeping the opposition away so they couldn't foul

No - don't think that was the case. Many of our passes were poor when we weren't under major pressure. We also didn't really look like scoring much in the 2nd half.

Not dismissing that rovers were physical and some lads were only giving 90% but we didn't have enough ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Seeing alot of links to that japanese boyo again today, think he could do a job for us behind Benteke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

astonaidan wrote: »
    Seeing alot of links to that japanese boyo again today, think he could do a job for us behind Benteke
    Seen much of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

CSF wrote: »
    Seen much of him?

Supposed to be an excellent creative player, good man for the assists.
    I haven't seen him play, one for the Bundesliga viewers.

JPA wrote: »
    Supposed to be an excellent creative player, good man for the assists.
    I haven't seen him play, one for the Bundesliga viewers.
    I'd watch a good bit of Bundesliga but so much Nurnberg, even if I did see them in the flesh once, but that was the season before he joined.

Seen much of him?
    Not really Ive only really seen him play when one of the big clubs play Nurenburg so maybe 5/6 times.
    Looks a tidy player similar to Ireland, hopefully with a better head :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

astonaidan wrote: »
    Not really Ive only really seen him play when one of the big clubs play Nurenburg so maybe 5/6 times.
    Looks a tidy player similar to Ireland, hopefully with a better head :pac:

I know what you mean but jaysus don't say that about the lad.

In my head he is the new Kagawa and although that's a very simplistic comparison (Asian, Attacking Mid, Bundesliga) I'd feckin love if it was true and its a less jinx worthy moniker than likening him to Ireland... Gawd I'd love if Ireland just woke up one day and remembered he has the ability to be quality, cos he does... And yet he's generally Shiite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

How strong are the links?

• Advertisement

Lambert said the club inquired earlier in the summer, but that was it

I know what you mean but jaysus don't say that about the lad.

In my head he is the new Kagawa and although that's a very simplistic comparison (Asian, Attacking Mid, Bundesliga) I'd feckin love if it was true and its a less jinx worthy moniker than likening him to Ireland... Gawd I'd love if Ireland just woke up one day and remembered he has the ability to be quality, cos he does... And yet he's generally Shiite.

Sorry I forgot we shall not mention his name, Ill go back to refering to him as you know who.

2-0 up against malaga after 20 minutes and playing pretty well

Tonev almost scored from a corner, then Benteke with his second from the spot (Vlaar with the other one from a Tonev corner)

3-0 after 30 mins

Nice one.

3-1 now, okore with an OG

• Advertisement

3-2, deflected over guzan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭BUNK1982

I was thinking today - if the deal for the Jap lad dosn't happen, it's still an area we need to strengthen.

Would a deal for Wes Hoolahan be a viable option?

Lambert bought him twice before, he has EPL experience and plays best at the apex of a middle 3.

BUNK1982 wrote: »
    I was thinking today - if the deal for the Jap lad dosn't happen, it's still an area we need to strengthen.

Would a deal for Wes Hoolahan be a viable option?

Lambert bought him twice before, he has EPL experience and plays best at the apex of a middle 3.

Too old, won't happen.

nvryf.jpg

BEAST!

Wellington had to be hospitalised.

Benteke has been scoring for fun this pre season without really breaking sweat.
    He could do anything this season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

JPA wrote: »
    Benteke has been scoring for fun this pre season without really breaking sweat.
    He could do anything this season!

Hope we capitalise on it. It's his last season with us

We'll get into the Champion's League this year and offer him 150k per week. No hassle lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Faulkner confirming that it was only an initial inquiry for Kiyotake and was surprised Nuremberg put that out in the press.

Sylla limped off injured in u-21 match tonight. Regardless of whether it's only a knock, I still think the midfield needs to be strengthened. Don't want Delph-Sylla-Westwood trio to be just set in stone as our midfield this season, still think we need a bit more quality in that position.

Corholio wrote: »
    Faulkner confirming that it was only an initial inquiry for Kiyotake and was surprised Nuremberg put that out in the press.

Sylla limped off injured in u-21 match tonight. Regardless of whether it's only a knock, I still think the midfield needs to be strengthened. Don't want Delph-Sylla-Westwood trio to be just set in stone as our midfield this season, still think we need a bit more quality in that position.

We have Ireland ;-)

Downing to West Ham for 5/6m, depending on where you get your info.

Was there a sell on clause? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Anyone got the new jersey yet by any chance? Have friend comnig over from Brum next weekend and was gonna pick up up and just wondering what kind of fit they were, is a large alright for average size lad or safer off with a medium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

New season nearly upon us, let's hope for a lot of the following:

Benteke_Goal_1.gif

Lowton_Goal_1.gif?syndication=128817

2Weimann_Goal_1_medium.gif

actually, let's see that again from another angle:

1Weimann_Goal_1_medium.gif

To be honest, after the flurry of improvements I'm disappointed at how quickly they stopped. More were required.

To be honest, after the flurry of improvements I'm disappointed at how quickly they stopped. More were required.

I assume we were planning on offloading at least some of the bomb squad before continuing to buy

• Advertisement

I assume we were planning on offloading at least some of the bomb squad before continuing to buy

And it is worrying that they haven't. Can Villa really afford to play hardball over Darren Bent? If he is in the squad at the start of September, the Villa board/management will have alot to answer for.

There's always movement late on in the window. I'm of the mind that Sky could have an unwritten deal with teams, tied into the TV revenue possibly, that they keep X deals until the last week or day of the transfer window.

I'm hoping this is the case, anyway. Not a hope we'll shift Ireland, but Bent looks to be generating some interest, and we may get rid of one of Bannan or Hutton, possibly on a loan somewhere.

And it is worrying that they haven't. Can Villa really afford to play hardball over Darren Bent? If he is in the squad at the start of September, the Villa board/management will have alot to answer for.

Collywobble says bent to palace on loan is done

Collywobble says bent to palace on loan is done

No idea who that is but they better be paying all his wages.

A tweet from Collymore claimed it was a done deal, but if the tweet ever existed it's been deleted.

No idea who that is

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?

Ah, Collymore. I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I'm of the mind that Sky could have an unwritten deal with teams, tied into the TV revenue possibly, that they keep X deals until the last week or day of the transfer window.
    That's Jim Corr stuff, No chance of that being true.

That's Jim Corr stuff, No chance of that being true.

Jesus, my ideas may be crazy, but don't liken me to that loon!!

Is it really that mental? If all transfers were boxed off by late June, SSN would be twiddling its thumbs all Summer, not to mention losing out on their deadline day hooplah... I'd say they'd gladly pump another few million into the TV money pot, contingent on teams keeping a few transfers stocked up until August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Think we'll see a fire sale last few days of transfer window, cut our losses on the fee and try and reduce the wage bill. Think Bent & Given will go, possibly Bannon.

Unfortunately the biggest drain of money relative to his usefulness, Ireland will be the hardest to shift, loan move for him is the only scenario I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Is it really that mental?
    I'm afraid it is. No chance Sky have any input on the timing of clubs transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Im hearing rumours on Twitter that Benteke has broken his leg. If true, I swear we are the unluckiest club in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Im hearing rumours on Twitter that Benteke has broken his leg. If true, I swear we are the unluckiest club in the Premiership.

101 Great Goals ‏@101greatgoals 32s
    The Benteke rumours are rubbish. Aston Villa striker got booked late on. Wasn't stretchered off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

less on them rumors mirwillbeback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

See Jack Grealish came on for the under21's tonight.Have any of ye see much of him?Hear he is supposed to be a serious prospect,any chance he will get game time this year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Possibly loan, don't see him getting much first team time this year. Would like to be proved wrong however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Still only 17, no need to rush him at all.

His brother says he's likely off on loan

pavb2 wrote: »
    Think we'll see a fire sale last few days of transfer window, cut our losses on the fee and try and reduce the wage bill. Think Bent & Given will go, possibly Bannon.

Unfortunately the biggest drain of money relative to his usefulness, Ireland will be the hardest to shift, loan move for him is the only scenario I can see.

Nobody will take given on the wages he's on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Nobody will take given on the wages he's on

I think Given wants to move. I'd see the most likely being a loan with us covering part of the wages.

Think we'll sell Bent and maybe Bannan. I don't hold out much hope for Ireland

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement