Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Yup, 2 1/2 weeks before our next match, so I reckon Lambert is hoping to absolutely hockey Rotherham tonight and have the lads raring to go for the next league game

Kendrick just said no interest in Ince from the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

fantastic goal from Wiemann

Super finish alright! That'll do him good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

Yep. Screamer alright after he'd mucked up a pass just decided to lash it in instead

first time this season we've not been behind after the first goal

good header from benteke. 2-0

Gabby has created every Benteke goal this season so far

(Unless you consider Benteke's 1-2 with Szcezeny(?!) from the peno spot as individual genius)

KEA looking very good again

• Advertisement

That might just be the best goal we've scored in a decade

3-0

Delph

COYVB wrote: »
    That might just be the best goal we've scored in a decade

3-0

Delph

Fantastic build up play and a good finish

Turning into a great run out now, like a friendly that you'd cry out for pre-season. Lads are having fun now

Time to get the beast off and give Helenius a run

Beast and Gabby off for Helenius and Tonev

Tidy stuff today, roll on Newcastle. Another clean sheet in that game is essential IMO. Build up a habit of not conceding

• Advertisement

Spurs at home in the next round of the cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Suppose it's at home, full house no doubt could be worth trying to get over to...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

saw the match from after the goals unfortunately but still nice to see a clean sheet and progression to play Spurs. Not who I would have wanted especially now that their squad is so improved so even if they rest a few in the cup games they will be a real test but as folk always say you gotta beat big teams to win the thing anyway so why not take em on early.

There's quite a few all premiership draws in the next round, so if we can beat Spurs a lot of other rivals will be gone too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

I believe you guys are on the verge of a significant signing. All hush hush but should be done by the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Care to elaborate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Bale?

Delph1a.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Very nice goal.

All I saw of tonights game were the 3 goals. But I thought the first 2 goals very interesting. Obviously cant read too much into it, as it was lower league opposition, but both of those goals came from us pressing them high up the pitch and winning possession in an advanced area. I really hope that's a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I believe you guys are on the verge of a significant signing. All hush hush but should be done by the weekend.

Go on...

Delph1a.gif

Whats not shown in the gif is the 10 or more lovely one touch passes in the build up play to get the ball to Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

I remember watching the build up until Benteke and thinking "gotta be a goal"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bale?

Don't be silly. It's a double deal for Di Maria and Ozil.

CSF wrote: »
    Don't be silly. It's a double deal for Di Maria and Ozil.

We might bid for mata too. Just for the lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

No links for Hughes or Stevens yet? Media must have lost the old script

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Sigurdsson?

There's a rumor suggesting jimmy might be coming home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

That would be savage.

He really is exactly what we need. A creative, attacking midfielder.

Wonder could we give them back Ireland as part of the deal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Synode wrote: »
    That would be savage.

He really is exactly what we need. A creative, attacking midfielder.

Wonder could we give them back Ireland as part of the deal :pac:

So long as we don't give the £20+ mil too

Give them 6 mil for Milner, 2 mil for taking Ireland off us :pac:

What about his wages? Not to mention he still actually plays for City, he's not a reserves cadet that they want rid of.

circadian wrote: »
    What about his wages? Not to mention he still actually plays for City, he's not a reserves cadet that they want rid of.

It's just a rumour for now. Wouldn't be worrying about any of the other stuff. If we're actually in for him, which I doubt we are, the club will be well aware of costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Don't think anyone is saying it will happen but I think everyone would like it to happen.

Except for one person who will probably make themselves known.

As much as I'd love him to come back, it's just not going to happen. The idea has popped up around the net a few times over the summer. I'd rather another punt at Kiyotake to be honest, set pieces would be much more potent with someone like that.

As much as I'd love him to come back, it's just not going to happen. The idea has popped up around the net a few times over the summer. I'd rather another punt at Kiyotake to be honest, set pieces would be much more potent with someone like that.
    To be fair to Jimmy, he's no slouch from a dead ball

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Id take James back in a minute, would love Young if fancied heading down south again

astonaidan wrote: »
    Id take James back in a minute, would love Young if fancied heading down south again

wouldn't take young back tbh. we got the better end of that deal by a mile, and we don't really play a style that'd suit him. plus he's still a diving little bugger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Just a thought but I don't see why Villa shouldn't make a cheeky bid for Christian Eriksen, probably the most high profile player Villa would have a slight possibility of signing. Granted he wouldn't be playing Champions League football but he would be guaranteed 1st team football which is not guaranteed at Spurs. He'd have international colleagues in the same age bracket as him at Villa in Okore and Helenius. He is on supposedly £40k a week at Ajax, Villa could offer £55-60k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Just a thought but I don't see why Villa shouldn't make a cheeky bid for Christian Eriksen, probably the most high profile player Villa would have a slight possibility of signing. Granted he wouldn't be playing Champions League football but he would be guaranteed 1st team football which is not guaranteed at Spurs. He'd have international colleagues in the same age bracket as him at Villa in Okore and Helenius. He is on supposedly £40k a week at Ajax, Villa could offer £55-60k.

Don't talk crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

wouldn't take young back tbh. we got the better end of that deal by a mile, and we don't really play a style that'd suit him. plus he's still a diving little bugger
    Being a diver doesnt bother me in the slightest, doing it for our team even less so
    Yes, good god yes, this would be lovely

Just a thought but I don't see why Villa shouldn't make a cheeky bid for Christian Eriksen.
    He's off to Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Milner would be class but I can't imagine he'd want the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Being a diver doesnt bother me in the slightest, doing it for our team even less so

Dont rate young at all, hes too hot and cold. Would HATE to have him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He seems to be injured an awful lot these days too. I'd rather stay away from him

It bothers me a LOT, even moreso if he's doing it in Villa's colours. Let the other teams cheat all they want, but I don't want to see it from anyone representing Villa

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Milner would be class but I can't imagine he'd want the move.
    No chance of it happening IMO. He's wages would be at least twice what we would pay. He can get 30 odd appearances with City this season, play in the CL and maybe pick up a few more medals too. When his contract is up he might come back but not until then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement