Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A signing at last and apparently we are after two more:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9176009.Goodwillie_signs_for_Blackburn_Rovers/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9177478.Blackburn_Rovers_still_in_hunt_for_Vieirinha/

Petrovic is waiting on a work permit.

My starting 11 for the new season:

Robinson
    Salgado Givet Samba Olsson
    Formica N'Zonzi Petrovic Pedersen
    Hoilett Goodwillie

That leaves the likes of Roberts, Rochina, Nelsen, Emerton & Dunn on the bench. I still think cover is needed for right back however. Salgado has a great football brain but he's often caught for pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lemlin wrote: »
    A signing at last and apparently we are after two more:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9176009.Goodwillie_signs_for_Blackburn_Rovers/

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9177478.Blackburn_Rovers_still_in_hunt_for_Vieirinha/

Petrovic is waiting on a work permit.

My starting 11 for the new season:

Robinson
    Salgado Givet Samba Olsson
    Formica N'Zonzi Petrovic Pedersen
    Hoilett Goodwillie

That leaves the likes of Roberts, Rochina, Nelsen, Emerton & Dunn on the bench. I still think cover is needed for right back however. Salgado has a great football brain but he's often caught for pace.

Hopefully we get those two soon enough!

As for your team, I don't like Pedersen out wide, I don't think he has the pace for it anymore. His set pieces, apart from his throw in, suffered greatly under Allardyce - and so, for me, he would have to work hard to get into the team.

Hoilett will work well up front with or behind Goodwillie, but I'd rather see him on one wing with Formica on the other. With space for a creative player like Dunn or Rochina to play behind Goodwillie then, with 2 defensive minded central players in N'Zonzi and hopefully Petrovic.

Am on my phone at the moment, so will put more thought into it later.

You seem a little bit more positive anyways Lemlin? Let's see who comes in and then we can all judge Kean on his first 8-10 games, with him having had plenty of time to iron out his creases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

As much as I adore Pedersen, his performances in the pre-season games, that asia trophy thing with villa, chelski and kitchee were appalling. His touch was terrible. Now i know it's early in the season, but based on that, I wouldn't have him anywhere near it.

Maybe Rochina in instead of him

Hopefully we get those two soon enough!

As for your team, I don't like Pedersen out wide, I don't think he has the pace for it anymore. His set pieces, apart from his throw in, suffered greatly under Allardyce - and so, for me, he would have to work hard to get into the team.

Hoilett will work well up front with or behind Goodwillie, but I'd rather see him on one wing with Formica on the other. With space for a creative player like Dunn or Rochina to play behind Goodwillie then, with 2 defensive minded central players in N'Zonzi and hopefully Petrovic.

Am on my phone at the moment, so will put more thought into it later.

You seem a little bit more positive anyways Lemlin? Let's see who comes in and then we can all judge Kean on his first 8-10 games, with him having had plenty of time to iron out his creases.

I'm trying to be positive but, to be honest, there are still major problems.

1. I still think Kean won't cut it. The team got their act together towards the end of last season but I still think it was more the team than Kean.

2. The squad is threadbare - Jones and Kalinic have gone. The players who were on loan (Jones, Mame Diouf, Santa Cruz) have returned to their clubs. It doesn't look like El Hadji or Keith Andrews will play for the club again. That's seven bodies out and only one confirmed signing in so far - Goodwillie. Petrovic should go through but a couple of injuries and we'll be in trouble. And let's not forget Vince Grella and David Dunn are there. They'll spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch.

3. I'm bracing myself for a long fight against relegation for the season and a few drubbings from Chelsea/United etc. along the way. Kean just doesn't cut it tactically. As far as I'm concerned, I expect he'll be gone by Xmas and I just hope a manager comes in who can save us from whatever mess he has gotten us into.

Squad being threadbare already causing issues before the season starts:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9183082.Kean_in_for_defender_to_ease_injury_problems/

I'm getting worried about Wolves turning us over Saturday. Yes, we did beat them on the last day of last season but I can see Roger Johnson being a huge addition to their defence.

They've also changed their tactics now to a 4-4-2 and they've Fletcher and Doyle up front along with Hunt, O'Hara and Jarvis in midfield. I don't think they'll be anywhere near relegation this season.

On the other hand, we've lost six to seven players including Jones and signed just one for definite so far - Goodwillie.

Petrovic completes his move to Blackburn for an undisclosed fee, that is another body in at least, and in a position we badly needed!

Kalinic gone for an undisclosed fee

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14496906.stm

Not great news really, leaves us very short up front again, I don't think he ever got a fair crack of the whip, I understand his reasons to have wanted out and wish him all the best.

Same link says Kean has said we have received no bids for Samba, I hope they are not trying to drill up some interest. Rumours of an interest in Sol Bamba from Leicester the past few days, hopefully not as a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

New jersey - no sponsor, so we're getting a charity instead.

Good for publicity I'm sure, but considering we haven't spent much in the transfer market, surely we need an actual sponsor ( cause we have no monies )

article-2024821-0D63B7C900000578-15_468x350.jpg

I don't fancy walking around in a jersey with "Price's Trust" on the front either.

Just about 24 hours to kick off now. Just three players signed to a squad that barely avoided relegation last season. It's not good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

" If we do want a player on loan, he will be sympathetic. I don't know how much money is actually available because we're trying to structure our debt." Steve Kean

Looks like Blackburn spending is finished for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

* 01 Robinson
    * 02 Salgado
    * 03 Olsson
    * 31 Hanley
    * 07 Emerton
    * 08 Dunn
    * 10 Mauro Formica
    * 12 Pedersen
    * 15 Nzonzi
    * 23 Hoilett
    * 30 Roberts

Emerton at CB?

Squad depth or lack of showing in the team line up,

No Nelsen or Samba, so we are going to be very shaky at the back!

Line Up:

Paul Robinson

Michel Salgado

Martin Olsson

Brett Emerton

David Dunn

Mauro Formica

Morten Gamst Pedersen

Steven Nzonzi

Junior Hoilett

Jason Roberts

Grant Hanley

So looks like Hanley and Salgado at centre back, with Olsson and Emerton on the left and right.

The Bench:

Mark Bunn

Ruben Rochina

Nick Blackman

David Goodwillie

Bruno Ribeiro

Myles Anderson

Adam Henley

Am worried with our defensive options today!

G.K. wrote: »
    * 01 Robinson
    * 02 Salgado
    * 03 Olsson
    * 31 Hanley
    * 07 Emerton
    * 08 Dunn
    * 10 Mauro Formica
    * 12 Pedersen
    * 15 Nzonzi
    * 23 Hoilett
    * 30 Roberts

Emerton at CB?

I decided myself it was Salgado, as I couldn't picture Emerton there, either ways it is very very makeshift!

EDIT: Sky have it as N'Zonzi at CB, suppose if it is him he could do a job there, has the height for it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Bad result, what was performance like. I have'nt heard any match reports yet. Kean will be under mega pressure with a starting loss at home to a team we need to be beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I feel like I've got a slap in the face by trusthing the owners and manager when they said we were spending big. Either that or players just simply don't want to join Blacburn under the current owners and/or manager.

We looked very bad today. We weren't great at the back and that was to be expected but the team didn't look like they had a clue what to do when they didn't have the ball. That is down to Steve Kean. The squad is not very strong looking either. We need to sign a top striker, another central midfielder and then cover for defense. If we lose Samba we are definitely going down make no mistake because at the moment we are depending on him and Ryan Nelsen to be fit all season which is not going to happen anyways but at least if we have those two we will have a good pairing at CB for the majority of our games.

Poor result, but to be expected when you have a rookie at CB and someone who can't even be called a rookie at CB, N'Zonzi was terrible today and the sooner we can get him back to central midfield the better. He also had a great chance to score with his head, but I think his game was rocked that much from playing CB that he was just lost.

Formica, Hoilett and Rochina looked good and Dunn lasted the whole match. Goodwillie looked decent for the time he had, a nice curling effort after a great chest through from Roberts.

Salgado was not his usual self, but to be expected with the Central pairing.

We cannot afford to lose Samba, Nelsen will not be fit all the time as eagle eye says, and neither will Givet. Hanley looked good, but he needs to be playing beside one of those two.

More signings are obviously needed, but there doesn't look like there will be any money spent. Two loan signings if any I expect.

Salgado had a nightmare, he was terrible, a season to far maybe?

There is no way the squad as it stands is going to stay in the prem. Time to look for odds on Kean to be the first manager gone. Its very early days but I think when the transfer window closes the weakest teams in the league will be Wigan, Swansea, QPR, Norwich and Blackburn. I expect Wigan to lose Rodallega and I dont rate Martinez at all. Kean will have to get a result in the next game or else he will lose the players (if he has them) and the supporters.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I feel like I've got a slap in the face by trusthing the owners and manager when they said we were spending big. Either that or players just simply don't want to join Blacburn under the current owners and/or manager.

We looked very bad today. We weren't great at the back and that was to be expected but the team didn't look like they had a clue what to do when they didn't have the ball. That is down to Steve Kean. The squad is not very strong looking either. We need to sign a top striker, another central midfielder and then cover for defense. If we lose Samba we are definitely going down make no mistake because at the moment we are depending on him and Ryan Nelsen to be fit all season which is not going to happen anyways but at least if we have those two we will have a good pairing at CB for the majority of our games.

So are you finally willing to admit that I've been right all along?

Kean is an idiot and a puppet for the owners. He's up in court for drink driving today. How does that make the club look?

With him as manager, very few players are interested in coming to the club and its scepticla if there are even funds available.

I don't know why people are acting so shocked. It's been clear all Summer long that, unless Kean goes, relegation is a certainty, heartbreaking as it is to say it.

I've been supporting Rovers since 1993 but this isn't the club I supported anymore. The club that Jack Walker built is being torn asunder.

We have a painfully small squad, shown by having to start the PL season with a central midfielder and a novice in defence. Salgado at right back has always been a liability. An interesting stat on the BBC website on Saturday was that he gave away more penalties than any other player last season. He's lost his pace and is no longer at PL level.

Losing to Wolves on the first day of the season is a very poor result. We've Villa away next week. Does anyone fancy our chances of getting something there? Not me if we've N'Zonzi and Hanley starting against Bent with N'Zogbia playing off him.

That's followed by Everton at home, Fulham away and Arsenal home. I struggle to see us getting more than a couple of points from our first five matches. My hope is that we'll catch Everton napping as they are usually poor at the start of the season and perhaps take a point off Fulham.

Kean is giving snippets everywhere saying how he needs players. What was he doing all Summer? Watching Steve Bruce bring in the likes of Wes Brown for one million and John O'Shea for 3 million? Two players living on the club's doorstep who wouldn't even have to move home to play for the club.

It's an utter farce. He now stated that he's sounded out Sir Alex about potential loan signings. Here's an idea you clown - why didn't you sound him out about those two lads and Gibson when you were selling him our prize asset!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I feel very sorry for Blackburn fans. These owners are making yous a bit of a laughing stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I actually wouldn't want any of our young players being let anywhere near Blackburn, the place is a shambles and they'll learn nothing under the tutelage of Kean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

mike65 wrote: »

No surprise there .
    Seriously what are Blackburn playing at putting in ridiculous offers for Van Nisteelrooy,Kaka,Ronaldinho,Beckham and now Raul in the last year .
    They are serious candidates for relegation .

The club is an utter farce now. I don't even feel like a supporter anymore it has changed that much.

Interesting how all the people who said give Kean and the owners time aren't responding now. That's it lads, keep those heads in the sand.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time now.

26 million (20 for Jones and 6 million for Kalinic) has been received. We haven't even spent the 6 million from Kalinic. Goodwillie was at most 3 million and Petrovic was about 3.5. Riberio was free and so was Myles Anderson, who's father is Jerome Anderson. Speaking of which, here's an interesting piece from Wikipedia on him:
    At Blackburn Rovers Anderson advised Venkateshwara Hatcheries on their takeover of the club in November 2010 and then continued to exert considerable influence.[9] After the Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce was sacked in December 2010, Blackburn were forced to deny that the dispute had been based on the club's transfer policy being set by the Kentaro sports agency, with whom Anderson's SEM were associated.[4] "Kentaro are our main consultants but Sam had the final call," Venky's chairwoman Anuradha Desai said.[4]

The new manager at Blackburn was Steve Kean, who had been first-team coach under Allardyce. Kean was represented by Anderson[12], who also introduced Kean's new assistant, the former Arsenal player, John Jensen, to the club.[13] When John Williams left Blackburn Rovers in February 2011 after 14 years as chairman, Anuradha Desai explained that the departure was in part due to the fact that he had "struggled to accept Jerome's role at the club".[14] In March 2011, when it was announced that Anderson's 21-year-old footballer son, Myles, had signed a precontract agreement with Blackburn, sources close to the agent insisted he had no day-to-day involvement at the club.[15]

The Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was highly critical of Anderson's involvement at Blackburn Rovers, saying: "You’ve got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson, he couldn’t pick his nose. It’s baffling and it’s a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves.”[16]

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

A few papers tomorrow are running the Vincenzo Iaquinta to Blackburn story.

• Advertisement

Blackburn Rovers writer for the Lancashire Times claims Blackburn are signing an attacking player, mid twenties. Said he will break it in the newspaper tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's obvious that Allardyce was sacked because he wouldn't go along with what the owners wanted to do, he's certainly no 'yes man'. Kean is just a puppet who won't do anything to risk the Premier League contract he's on.

The club is an utter farce now. I don't even feel like a supporter anymore it has changed that much.

Interesting how all the people who said give Kean and the owners time aren't responding now. That's it lads, keep those heads in the sand.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time now.

26 million (20 for Jones and 6 million for Kalinic) has been received. We haven't even spent the 6 million from Kalinic. Goodwillie was at most 3 million and Petrovic was about 3.5. Riberio was free and so was Myles Anderson, who's father is Jerome Anderson. Speaking of which, here's an interesting piece from Wikipedia on him:

What is there to respond about? One game into the season, we lose 2-1 to Wolves with a makeshift central defense, Unlucky to have Samba and Nelsen injured, as well as Givet who would normally cover.

Still plenty of time in the window, and plenty more games to go to give Kean the time I said I'd give him.

If anyone has their head in the sand it is you, the sand at the bottom of the sea of negativity. Had to laugh when you asked eagle eye in a previous post to admit that you were right all along.

Everyone knows Kean is a rookie, everyone knows the owners are clueless, you get no points for getting that right all along I'm afraid. The issue for me all along has been whether to give Kean time or not, that has been the difference in views between the majority.

So are you finally willing to admit that I've been right all along?
    Is this what you come on here for? And the answer is no by the way. I was very unhappy when all this started but I will support the team and the club no matter what.

I still don't think Kean is good enough but thats not something I can do anything about. He is still unproven though and not a failure yet.

Jason Roberts has been talking about the great plans that Venky's have for the club. Jason is a great man in my book, an honest man too so when he says something I listen. I'll accept what he has to say and continue to support Venky's unless it becomes clear its not true. That time is the 1st September, if we have brought in a bunch of players by then I will be satisfied as far as Venky's are concerned. As for Kean, he gets 10 games this time around. We have a very rough start to the campaign so its easy to have a go now. And you know that too and are setting yourself up to be 'right again' after 5 games.

Is this what you come on here for? And the answer is no by the way. I was very unhappy when all this started but I will support the team and the club no matter what.

I still don't think Kean is good enough but thats not something I can do anything about. He is still unproven though and not a failure yet.

Jason Roberts has been talking about the great plans that Venky's have for the club. Jason is a great man in my book, an honest man too so when he says something I listen. I'll accept what he has to say and continue to support Venky's unless it becomes clear its not true. That time is the 1st September, if we have brought in a bunch of players by then I will be satisfied as far as Venky's are concerned. As for Kean, he gets 10 games this time around. We have a very rough start to the campaign so its easy to have a go now. And you know that too and are setting yourself up to be 'right again' after 5 games.

I come on here to comment on the club and, to be honest, I'm disgusted with what's happening at the club and can't understand how others aren't also. The Irish Times commented on Monday how Robbie Keane's offers of first team English football were from Leicester City and a "shambolic-looking" Blackburn Rovers. That's the way the club is now seen and you only have to look at the comments from posters above and the views on the relegation thread to see that the club is now a laughing stock.

September 1st is now only two weeks away. Kean has had all Summer to bring in players and has managed to bring in Goodwillie and Petrovic. He's now looking at Nedum Onuoha and a Sporting Lisbon defender today. So far he has signed no established PL players despite having 26 million at his disposal. Meanwhile, our former manager is getting PL class players to stay with a Championship team and even move to the Championship. Onuoha would be a great signing IMO but more is needed or relegation is a certainty.

As for Roberts, who can blame the lad for praising Venkys? Sam Allardyce didn't give him a look in and was about to send him back to where he belongs, the Championship, when Venkys rolled into town.

The next four games are Villa away, Everton at home, Fulham away and Arsenal at home. The five after that are Newcastle away, Man City home, QPR away, Spurs home and Norwich. I agree with you that the second five games are an easier run but we should still be attempting to take something from Everton home and Fulham away, and we beat Villa at home under Allardyce last season.

As for being a failure, Kean's win percentage is 25%. 6 games won in 24 games. Allardyce's was 33%. Hughes' was 43%. Souness' was 40%. He's well below par there.

• Advertisement

What is there to respond about? One game into the season, we lose 2-1 to Wolves with a makeshift central defense, Unlucky to have Samba and Nelsen injured, as well as Givet who would normally cover.

Still plenty of time in the window, and plenty more games to go to give Kean the time I said I'd give him.

If anyone has their head in the sand it is you, the sand at the bottom of the sea of negativity. Had to laugh when you asked eagle eye in a previous post to admit that you were right all along.

Everyone knows Kean is a rookie, everyone knows the owners are clueless, you get no points for getting that right all along I'm afraid. The issue for me all along has been whether to give Kean time or not, that has been the difference in views between the majority.

Unlucky to have a threadbare squad when the manager has 26 million at his disposal? Now who could we blame for that. Perhaps the owners and manager. They've had all Summer to get players in and, as I said, why wasn't Kean contacting Fergie about the likes of O'Shea and Brown when Jones was sold.

As in all sports, teams make their own luck and Blackburn are going to get very little good luck with Steve Kean as manager. Some would call last weekend unlucky. I'd call it stupid to only have three established central defenders at a PL club.

Vukcevic will sign for Blackburn over the next few days.

What do you make of that signing?

FYG wrote: »
    Vukcevic will sign for Blackburn over the next few days.

What do you make of that signing?

I dont make anything out of this signing .He is just a player. The club is a mess the manager needs to go , Venkys need to go as they dont know what they are doing. They either need to go or be silent .

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

I am willing to give Kean until the 5th of November against Norwich to see where we stand in the league and should Kean be sacked or not. The club is an absolute shambles but in fairness to Kean he is trying to play attractive football. My only worry is that if Kean does get sacked who are these clowns going to appoint instead of him? I really hope it wont be John Jensen who Venkys will say he is only til the end of the season and then hand him a big fat 2 year deal a month later.

Vukcevic will be a hell of a signing.

Whats that based on ?

3 players apparently coming:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9204683.Blackburn_Rovers_boss_closing_in_on_trio_of_new_signings/

None are established PL players and it sounds like the deal for Onuoha, the one established PL player we have been linked with, is off.

The fee for the Bosnian forward, Ibisevic, sounds a bit high at 6 million to be honest.

I know next to nothing about all three players so will have to reserve judgement but, as I've said above, we need some established PL players. The time isn't there to allow these lads to settle into the team or squad.

I dont like the fact the Bosnian guy is injured.

Ibsevic as well?

Nice strikers you're getting.

• Advertisement

Ibsevic as well?

Nice strikers you're getting.

What are you basing this on? Vukcevic is being listed as an attacking midfielder in most media.

He can play up top too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

2-0 down to Aston Villa already ... :/ hard to not see Blackburn deeply involved in fighting relegation this season.

We are guaranteed to be involved in the relegation battle. Squad needs quality all across the pitch. Kean is not up to the challenge, I will be surprised if he is not the first manager to go, and then the owners. Why take over a club when you have no intention of investing any money or have no money to put in.

I would really like to know the management structure, who is really calling the shots and who is in charge of the transfer policy.

sundula wrote: »
    We are guaranteed to be involved in the relegation battle.

I agree with you about the religation, but i dont know about a battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Steve kean is not really at fault here.

And replacing him will make damn all difference. Best thing ye can do now is get rid of the owners. Solid ownership is vital. Even when you compare Blackburn to Everton who haven't spent any money this season either, they have a solid owner in bill kenwright and a good manager in Moyes and they will still probably finish in the top 10. Get rid of the owners, or you could find yourselves in the bottom tiers of English football in a year or twos time.

Owners are the most important thing, they got rid of big Sam which put in Kean and destroyed the work, good or bad, that Sam had done. Biggest thing Everton have over us is a top manager who has been allowed a long reign and allowed build a squad. Kean is really under pressure. Blackburn are a club in big trouble and the season is only two games old.

If Venkys did go for some reason who would be interested ? Every club in England is for sale with the exception, maybe, of Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool. Blackburn could easily drop through the divisions like a stone if they were to be relegated.

sundula wrote: »
    We are guaranteed to be involved in the relegation battle. Squad needs quality all across the pitch. Kean is not up to the challenge, I will be surprised if he is not the first manager to go, and then the owners. Why take over a club when you have no intention of investing any money or have no money to put in.

I would really like to know the management structure, who is really calling the shots and who is in charge of the transfer policy.
    People keep saying the squad is weak and all that. I don't agree at all I think its lacking depth at the back and we do need a striker but of the squad which finished 10th two seasons ago we still have
    Robbo, Nelsen, Samba, Givet, Salgado, Pedersen, N'Zonzi, Olsson, Dunn, Emerton, Roberts and Diouf is still on the books, Andrews has been sent off on loan. These were the players that played most for us that season, only Kalinic is missing from that squad as well as Di Santo who was on loan and played a fair bit up until Christmas for us that year. Ok some of the guys have gotten a bit older but at the end of the day it really does point to the problem which is the manager.

I know its only early in the season but I've never had much confidence in Kean, I know I said give him time but thats because Venky's are backing him so its likely to happen anyways but the best thing for our club would be to bring in a new manager now, an experienced one and give him the rest of the window and some funds to sort things out. You've got some really high profile guys out there with Premier League experience, my favourite would be Mark Hughes but there is also Martin O'Neill and Rafa Benitez(who has said very recently that he would love to get back into management in England). Unfortunately I don't see Venkys doing that.

People keep saying the squad is weak and all that. I don't agree at all I think its lacking depth at the back and we do need a striker but of the squad which finished 10th two seasons ago we still have
    Robbo, Nelsen, Samba, Givet, Salgado, Pedersen, N'Zonzi, Olsson, Dunn, Emerton, Roberts and Diouf is still on the books, Andrews has been sent off on loan. These were the players that played most for us that season, only Kalinic is missing from that squad as well as Di Santo who was on loan and played a fair bit up until Christmas for us that year. Ok some of the guys have gotten a bit older but at the end of the day it really does point to the problem which is the manager.

I know its only early in the season but I've never had much confidence in Kean, I know I said give him time but thats because Venky's are backing him so its likely to happen anyways but the best thing for our club would be to bring in a new manager now, an experienced one and give him the rest of the window and some funds to sort things out. You've got some really high profile guys out there with Premier League experience, my favourite would be Mark Hughes but there is also Martin O'Neill and Rafa Benitez(who has said very recently that he would love to get back into management in England). Unfortunately I don't see Venkys doing that.

None of the three managers you have named above would touch Blackburn in the current setup. No half decent manager would. Kean is an idiot who obviously doesn't realise the damage he is doing to his own career by hanging onto a job he never should of had a chance of getting.

Here's the Beeb's description of our performance yesterday:
    Beaten 2-1 by Wolves on the opening day, they were easily defeated by Villa on Saturday, lacking leadership on and off the pitch. While individually they could not be faulted for effort, they played like a team of strangers.

They simply could not handle Villa's lively attacking quartet of Agbonlahor, Charles N'Zogbia, Heskey and Bent and offered very little going forward themselves.

And Kean's description after the game:
    "I thought we started the game well. If we look back at the goal we gave away, the first was fantastic from

Agbonlahor, but we're disappointed with the second because it took an unfortunate deflection off Pedersen.

"We then spoke at half-time about how we would come out for the second half, and I thought we were excellent, we scored the goal and Villa were on the back foot.

"The third goal then killed us because once we scored we were in the ascendancy."

I really don't know what the lad is smoking or what planet he is living on.

I can't see anything but relegation. Even when Kean is eventually sacked, no manager is going to come near the club. Its a shambles. I don't know how the Walker Trust allowed this to happen.

• Advertisement

Robbo, Nelsen, Samba, Givet, Salgado, Pedersen, N'Zonzi, Olsson, Dunn, Emerton, Roberts and Diouf is still on the books, Andrews has been sent off on loan. These were the players that played most for us that season, only Kalinic is missing from that squad as well as Di Santo who was on loan and played a fair bit up until Christmas for us that year.

I have to disagree the squad is very thin, no competion in all the key areas. Salgado should hang up his boots, the injury has taken its toll and time out of Nelsons career, Dunn's fitness is always a concern, he is not the most mobile and not naturally fit. Roberts has been on the brink of leaving the club for the past 4 or 5 transfer windows. I dont know if Diouf is technically still on the books of Blackburn but I won't expect him to play for us again. He has burnt his bridges. The squad is and has been in bad need of fresh blood. We have no backup to players you listed. Its hard to see where goals will come from.

Advertisement