Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I dont have red button in broketown, if we're losing I dont want to watch now anyways :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Game over, Swansea really turned it in in the last half hour.

My fault guys. I expressed an interest in watching it and I jinxed the team. Wont happen again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

1-1 away from home against West brom.... Very decent point that

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/october/boss-proud-of-his-rovers-heroes
    Tony Mowbray was bursting with pride after his 10 men held on to secure a precious point against former club West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns.

Rovers ended the game with a man light, with David Raya being forced off through injury after all three substitutions were made, meaning Richie Smallwood going in goal.

After Craig Dawson opened the scoring just before half time, Harrison Reed produced an outstanding equaliser midway through the second half.

And the boss labelled his players as "heroic" for their sublime grit and determination against the promotion-chasing Baggies.

Big win with Dack scoring a late penalty. We are still on the hunt, 1 point off the playoffs and 5 off the top.

Brereton won the penalty as well, great to see him contributing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Things are going a bit pear shaped now,

Two local defeats on the bounce now too and comprehensive at that.

The Preston loss was bad but I expected Wigan to beat us. They are a bit ahead of us at the moment.
    Hopefully we can get back in track quickly and at least put in a good challenge for a playoff spot.

1-0 Danny Graham.

• Advertisement

2-0 Dack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I love being back in the champo

Excellent win, brill to see Graham getting a hat tric.
    Tbh we are doing a lot better than I expected in the championship so far, really lovely to see, clearly team working hard for Mowbray.

gmisk wrote: »
    Excellent win, brill to see Graham getting a hat tric.
    Tbh we are doing a lot better than I expected in the championship so far, really lovely to see, clearly team working hard for Mowbray.

Mowbray signed a new 3 and a half year contract at the weekend too to keep him at the club until 2022

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46405156
    Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray has signed a new three-and-a-half-year deal with the Championship club, keeping him at Ewood Park until 2022.

The 55-year-old led Rovers to League One promotion last season, and his side are currently 13th in the second tier.

Mowbray has overseen just one defeat in their last 29 home games stretching back to the 2017-18 campaign.

"I've been here for 20 months and found it to be an amazing place with great people working here," Mowbray said.

"I've enjoyed the journey so far, but there is still a long way to go. In my mind, it is always about trying to build, improve and get better.

"I feel as if we can prove to the owners that we can get them back on the right road towards the Premier League. I'm sure they will invest in this team and support the club back to where we belong."

Well deserved too. He's done brilliantly for us since he came in

1-1 draw against middlesboro. Bit disappointing as they went down to 10 men early on but we were away from home so not a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

Poor draw at home today after being 2 up with 15 mins left. Another point on the board I guess is the positive but should have held on for the win.
    We were comfortable I thought and suddenly let in 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

We're being too negative.

We are doing fantastically well

We're being too negative.

We are doing fantastically well
    I agree...I thought mid table at the end of the season would be a brilliant achievement, I still do. Play offs etc are just not realistic IMO.

I suppose its just disappointing a tad because we should be 4 points better off after last 2 games, plus we keep dropping points from winning positions.
    I think I read we have been ahead in 14 games this season, but only managed to stay ahead in 7 of them? That isnt great.

Thought we had it in the bag today when I saw we we're 2-1 up after 90 mins worst case a draw then see we have lost 3-2 must have been a kamikaze few mins

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote: »
    Thought we had it in the bag today when I saw we we're 2-1 up after 90 mins worst case a draw then see we have lost 3-2 must have been a kamikaze few mins

Couple that with the late winner for Norwich in that defeat,

Not been a good Christmas so far

Worrying times now.

Worrying times now.

Was hoping when I saw the score @ 0-0 and they were down to 10 we might get a result didn't expect we would lose 3 nil at least.

Need to get a win on the board soon as a bad run could see us get dragged closer to the relegation zone...

2-0 up after 60 minutes. Mulgrew and Dack the scorers

incoming 3-2 loss probably

Rikand wrote: »
    2-0 up after 60 minutes. Mulgrew and Dack the scorers

incoming 3-2 loss probably

Already 2-1 now,

Nerves setting in now - even though we have a good New years day record at Ewood.

Already 2-1 now,

Nerves setting in now - even though we have a good New years day record at Ewood.

And it continues - good to get a win in the end :)

• Advertisement

We really needed those 3 points today, we don't tend to make it easy for ourselves though!
    Travis was terrific I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Nice one. Really needed those three points today.

1-1 draw with Newcastle in the cup

Same old story for us. Take the lead and then relinquish it but at least we didnt lose :)

Great to get the win away from home against Millwall this evening live on TV

Still only 6 points outside the playoffs, but more importantly, 14 points above relegation

• Advertisement

Superb lovely to see nutall start and score.

gmisk wrote: »
    Superb lovely to see nutall start and score.

He got extremely lucky, but he had to be in that position.

Armstrong came on and made the difference, a great three points considering who was missing.

Will be interesting to see if anyone joins the push this month.

He got extremely lucky, but he had to be in that position.

Armstrong came on and made the difference, a great three points considering who was missing.

Will be interesting to see if anyone joins the push this month.
    Definitely. Graham on bench.

Love Armstrong he worked his socks off, such a great buy for us.

Realistically mid table would be brilliant this year, but with a few reinforcements playoffs not totally out of the question....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Back to 2-2 now after going 2-0 down. Good showing so far

Back to 2-2 now after going 2-0 down. Good showing so far
    Looks like extra time.... Reed off injured... That ain't good he has been brill recently

Dack on!

Extra time. I felt we just about edged the second half, hopefully we can Nick the win in extra time.

Out of nowhere Newcastle get a goal that should have been offside. No sign of VAR to sort it out

Cracker from Perez to make it 4-2, game over now unfortunately.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Out of nowhere Newcastle get a goal that should have been offside. No sign of VAR to sort it out
    Balls, we played pretty well though.

Crap now 4 - 2

Another League win to have us 6pts off the playoff zone.

Next four games have two above us in Hull and Bristol City and two currently below us in Brentford and Reading.

Not in the above order, but home games against Hull and Bristol City.

• Advertisement

2-0 up at the half. Excellent performance, Dack set up Armstrong fir the first and Rodwell added the second early enough. Hull have most of the ball since but we look dangerous when we break. I'd fancy us to nick a third if we hold them out for a while longer.

3-0 Reed. :D

3-0 Reed. :D
    Brill to look to be comfortable going into last 10 mins for a change...fingers crossed!

All done 3-0. Nice to see the clean sheet against a good team and without Mulgrew.

All done 3-0. Nice to see the clean sheet against a good team and without Mulgrew.
    Looks like Rodwell is turning into a bit of a master stroke!

Harry Chapman has signed, doesn't sound like he is fit, but he was terrific on loan before

A great start today, let's not mention the rest of the game.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17417380.tony-mowbray-and-adam-armstrong-win-championship-awards/?ref=rss

Mowbray wins manager of the month for January
    Armstrong wins player of the month for January
    Rovers have been rewarded for their impressive January as Tony Mowbray won the Championship manager of the month award, while Adam Armstrong claimed the player prize.

Mowbray led Rovers to four wins from four league games last month, keeping three clean sheets on the way.

It was an 11th manager prize for the Rovers boss, and second during his time at Ewood Park, having won the League One award in November 2017, and he was shortlisted for the Championship award in August.

9396972.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=responsive-gallery

The curse of the awards continues.

Shocking form at the moment. Have not turned up against Boro today.

A goal and now a man down at half time - little chance of anything from this game.

• Advertisement

The curse of the awards continues.

Shocking form at the moment. Have not turned up against Boro today.

A goal and now a man down at half time - little chance of anything from this game.
    Second half we had chances, we are in a really bad run of form, we are kind of in no mans land between not making play offs now and not being in much danger of relegation.

Advertisement