Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Good 3-0 win last night over Wigan. Gives that bit more breathing space from the relegation zone. We're 14 points above the drop now

Somehow still only 8 points outside the playoff places too despite our terrible run in February, but I think we'll all settle for mid table obscurity this season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Article about our financial woes

Tbh it makes it sound like we were splashing money on loads of players. 300m over 9 years spent on sjgnings or something. Surely cant be right

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47691385

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Article about our financial woes

Tbh it makes it sound like we were splashing money on loads of players. 300m over 9 years spent on sjgnings or something. Surely cant be right

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47691385
    I think that 305 million is "player costs" so I am guessing it includes wages etc? (er hopefully) Id say in fairness a big chunk of that was spent when we were in the PL.
    Hey at least we are better off that Birmingham and Bolton!
    Bizarrely Birmingham last few seasons seem to have been spending insane amounts.

The only big signing I can think of money wise in recent years was Brereton (4.5m - looks like mad money, but he might come good still very young) and Adam Armstrong (1.7m - sensible price for me).
    I know Dack was under 1m (he would be big money now), I cant think of anyone else for big money really.

Ah i see.

Player costs with wages makes more sense alright

We have lost our last 3 games and are now just 8 points above the drop with 6 games to go.

Hopefully we're far enough ahead, but would be nice to hit the 50 points sooner rather than later

• Advertisement

Much needed 2-0 win against derby, sounds like we played well!

Another 3 points today!
    2-1 away to Nottingham forest.
    Joe Rothwell again hugely influential!
    Think our first two wins in a row since Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It means we are safe with four games left which is great.
    We can give some of the younger players some game time now.
    Hopefully we can strengthen in the summer and have a real go for promotion next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

eagle eye wrote: »
    It means we are safe with four games left which is great.
    We can give some of the younger players some game time now.
    Hopefully we can strengthen in the summer and have a real go for promotion next season.
    It would be great, but I worry if we will have trouble holding onto the likes of Dack especially with the recent financial results we posted. I think I remember reading we were close to breaking the rules on the FFP

The FFP thing is from 2015. It shouldn't really affect us now if we are showing compliance.
    It's going to be very hard to hold onto Dack and Armstrong.
    You'd expect natural improvement from a young squad so a few additions is all we need if we can hold onto what we have. We just need to improve the defense and defensive midfield.

• Advertisement

2-0 today against Bolton...Brereton finally with a goal! 4 wins on the spin!

It's a pity we had such a bad February and March We'd be well there

anyone buy tickets to a gaame recently?

Been trying on the website and im guessing tickets just arent for sale yet for some reason. Either that or its the worst website ever

I see on the clubs Instagram we have signed Bradley Johnson from Derby.

Sam Gallagher has signed brill news

You can pay 5pound to stream any rovers match. Or 110 for the season. Didnt know they did that service. Think I'll watch a few of the bigger games this season

First game of the new season was today. We lost 2-1 at home to Charlton. The goal we got was an OG too, so not even a goal for our own players.

Hopefully thats as bad as it gets for the rest of the season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Rikand wrote: »
    First game of the new season was today. We lost 2-1 at home to Charlton. The goal we got was an OG too, so not even a goal for our own players.

Hopefully thats as bad as it gets for the rest of the season :)

Did you watch it?

Poor chemistry around the pitch especially in key areas - to be expected with the new additions.

I just think if Graham was on earlier it might have went the other way with him and Dack.

I didn't see it at all. Just read the BBC report. 4 new signings played today which is good to see but I agree on danny graham. Himself and Bradley were a great partnership last season. Hopefully downing comes good for us

It will be interesting to see how Greg Cunningham goes for us. Looked a good player up until he couldn't get a game for Cardiff last season.

The stories about Mulgrew going on loan to Wigan are still around too that they are awaiting confirmation from the league of him going there on loan for a season. Seems a very strange call to let the team captain go on loan at the last minute of the window!!

• Advertisement

testtech05 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see how Greg Cunningham goes for us. Looked a good player up until he couldn't get a game for Cardiff last season.

The stories about Mulgrew going on loan to Wigan are still around too that they are awaiting confirmation from the league of him going there on loan for a season. Seems a very strange call to let the team captain go on loan at the last minute of the window!!
    Especially with the goals and assists he contributes (I am guessing Downing will be taking all our set pieces etc?)....although I have to say defensively he can be a little suspect and I think he will be out of contract at end of this season.

1-0 down to Fulham.

Lost 2-0

Off to a ropey start, but its early days yet :)

Points on the board...excellent 1-0 against Middleborough

Another excellent 1-0 win away from home at hull tonight!
    Williams and lenihan both excellent, Armstong also had an excellent March.

gmisk wrote: »
    Another excellent 1-0 win away from home at hull tonight!
    Williams and lenihan both excellent, Armstong also had an excellent March.

Williams, Lenihan and Cunningham in the back four. Nice to have some Irish Rovers.

Great to get the win too.

https://www.offtheball.com/sport/remember-going-home-goal-crying-eyes-matt-jansen-interview-903546

Interview with Matt jansen.

Has his autobiography out. All about what could have been had it not been for the scooter accident.

I'll be buying it

Lewis holtby has signed on a free interesting one.

A decent 2-1 away win against reading, dack scored on his 100th appearance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Another great away win today. Heading in the right direction.

Beating Brentford today is a cracking result, they have been in brilliant form, can breathe a little easier!
    Lovely well worked goal as well

Beating Brentford today is a cracking result, they have been in brilliant form, can breathe a little easier!
    Lovely well worked goal as well

Was a lovely goal great build up

testtech05 wrote: »
    Was a lovely goal great build up
    Big time probably our best move this season.
    I must admit I was really worried after the Barnsley performance

We were all over them last night, should have won by a lot more. Our finishing is a concern but if we can keep up the level of performance we showed last night we can still make the playoffs.

Up to 11th after another great performance. As I said the other day if we coil D score we'd be hammering everybody but we're winning so no complaints. Four points off the playoffs now.
    Dack got two today, unfortunately one was an og.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Up to 11th after another great performance. As I said the other day if we coil D score we'd be hammering everybody but we're winning so no complaints. Four points off the playoffs now.
    Dack got two today, unfortunately one was an og.

Looking at what Brentford did today the win midweek looks even better!

Looking at what Brentford did today the win midweek looks even better!
    And we dominated them, the score did not reflect the gap between the two teams on the night. 4-1 or more would have been a fair reflection.

Completely on top again today but only one goal to show for it so far from Armstrong.
    Great to watch them play at the minute and if we were a bit more clinical none of our last four games would have been even close.

Another good win today.
    2 points from the play offs...

An excellent 2-0 win away at Bristol city no just a point from playoffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

On a phenomenal run at the moment. Unprecedented consistency. A playoff run would really be exciting.

An excellent 2-0 win away at Bristol city no just a point from playoffs

Six changes too, some enforced but still shows some element of strength in depth - going to need it this time of the year!

Six changes too, some enforced but still shows some element of strength in depth - going to need it this time of the year!
    True it's really encouraging especially winning so well without Bradley dack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Hi guys. I've been thinking about heading to a game in the new year but I find it hard to figure out exactly how to get to Ewood. I've a friend who lives in Manchester and am trying to find out how easy it is to get to Blackburn from there.

Hi guys. I've been thinking about heading to a game in the new year but I find it hard to figure out exactly how to get to Ewood. I've a friend who lives in Manchester and am trying to find out how easy it is to get to Blackburn from there.
    Train from Manchester Victoria to Blackburn takes just under an hour.

We haven't been playing to the same level tonight as many of our recent games. Hopefully we can get one before the end.

Walton has been superb tonight, win or draw and he's man of the match for me.

Looks like dack has badly done his knee and may be out for the season.

Playoff hopes burst

Looks like dack has badly done his knee and may be out for the season.

Playoff hopes burst
    Cruciate ligament :(
    Poor performance and poor draw against Birmingham today 1-1

Cruciate ligament :(
    Poor performance and poor draw against Birmingham today 1-1

Took the lead with a penalty and give one right back to them

• Advertisement
Advertisement