Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Story lads Liverpool fan here just wondering how is young Elliot getting on with yourselves ,
    I do see the odd write up raving about him but its usually from Liverpool biased sites so just wondering what is the general thoughts of him as a player ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Story lads Liverpool fan here just wondering how is young Elliot getting on with yourselves ,
    I do see the odd write up raving about him but its usually from Liverpool biased sites so just wondering what is the general thoughts of him as a player ,

As far as I can see he's a terrible player. Nowhere near good enough for Liverpool and ye should just leave him at Blackburn.

As far as I can see he's a terrible player. Nowhere near good enough for Liverpool and ye should just leave him at Blackburn.

:D I know he is doing well but is he miles ahead of other or is he just good for a 17 yearold ,
    Basically do you think he will cut it in the Premier league at a top club or is he like another Harry Wilson ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

:D I know he is doing well but is he miles ahead of other or is he just good for a 17 yearold ,
    Basically do you think he will cut it in the Premier league at a top club or is he like another Harry Wilson ,

Mowbray rates him in the same bracket as Bradley Dack who would be top tier for Championship level. In reality if he keeps going the way hes going, he should be well capable of mixing it in the Premier League but only time will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Matt Derbyshire is currently playing in the Australian A-league for Macarthur FC. I was shocked to see that this morning, was sure he'd be 40+ by now. Surprised to see he's only 34.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Late armstrong goal so snuck 1-0 win over luton today.
    Up to 8th!

gmisk wrote: »
    Late armstrong goal so snuck 1-0 win over luton today.
    Up to 8th!

Need. To. Stop. Dreaming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

This first half tonight has been the worst I have seen Rovers play in a long time.

Preston bossing us and limiting us all over the pitch with good pressure.

A late dubiously awarded penalty from Armstrong gives us hope for the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭testtech05

This first half tonight has been the worst I have seen Rovers play in a long time.

Preston bossing us and limiting us all over the pitch with good pressure.

A late dubiously awarded penalty from Armstrong gives us hope for the second half.

Dipped in and out of it a few times but we never seemed to get our passing game going! The pitch at Ewood is in terrible condition too balls bobbling and hoping along when trying to play a passing game doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Win 2 or 3 games in a row and we're all excited and dreaming.
    Then we're brought back down to earth after loosing 2 or 3 games in a row......every single season!

The pitch at Ewood is in a terrible condition. Their training pitch is probably in a better state.

• Advertisement

2-3 against Watford.

10 points from play-offs and 10 points from relegation with still a good few games to go. Getting a little nervous now. Fans looking for TM to go. Not sure that's a good idea.
    Two centre halfs were poor. They're on loan so I wonder about their commitment at such an important position.
    On the plus side, Elliot scored a nice goal and there could have been an equaliser at the end.

Massive game today,

Need a win at home to Coventry.

Massive game today,

Need a win at home to Coventry.

Could only manage a draw even with them going down to 10 men with 10 minutes to go.

We're being pulled in towards the relegation zone

1 nil down after 30 mins against Reading. Was an absolute howler of a goal conceeded. Elliott badly caught out in possession.

Has Mowbray taken us as far as he can take us ?

or do we risk the chicken farmer roulette we had before he took the helm ?

I'll always blame Venkys for our troubles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

eagle eye wrote: »

Really good podcast on them if you haven't heard it before.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7728459-blackburn-rovers-the-incredible-story-of-the-venky-s-turbulent-ownership

It is going to be a real struggle to finish out this season and stay safe.

7 games now without a win and we have some really tough games coming up.

A confidence-boosting win at Milwall today would be a huge relief.

Good to see Bradley Dack on the scoresheet. We need him back near his best.

3 much needed points today phew!
    Dack very good as was Dolan...what a bargain he has been!

• Advertisement

Hard to get away from that,

Have you seen the plans regards selling Brockhall and redeveloping the academy?

Hard to get away from that,
    Have you seen the plans regards selling Brockhall and redeveloping the academy?
    No, didn't hear about that.

No, didn't hear about that.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/march/rovers-confirm-details-for-brockhall-consultation/

Looks positive from reports.

JeffKenna wrote: »

That was actually very good. I had forgotten about Kentaro

Rikand wrote: »
    That was actually very good. I had forgotten about Kentaro

Listened to it yesterday aswell definitely a lot of things I had forgotten about or was unaware of

The athletic did a really good article on Venkys.
    They made a lot of mistakes early on in fairness but without their money the club would likely be a lot worse of.
    https://theathletic.co.uk/2178979/2020/11/18/they-promised-the-world-they-delivered-chaos-ten-years-of-venkys/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

My own 2 cents. We need to hold on to mowbray at all costs. He's as good as we'll attract.

We have some excellent players. Whther we huild around them or sell them for q cash grab will tell a lot about behind the scenes.

I also will always blame the venkys for our plight. But...since arriving talking about matadona and rinaldinho they have actually learned how to run a club

JeffKenna wrote: »
    That was a great listen.
    The Ruben Rochina deal....jesus...the agents fee!
    Oh and the Raul story....lol

The fact they were calling a journalist for advice shows you how out of their depth the Venkys were.
    In fairness they seem to have learnt from their mistakes.

Just gone 1-0 up on Swansea, Dack again. :)

• Advertisement

Just gone 1-0 up on Swansea, Dack again. :)
    Ended 1-1 draw but sounds like we played really well

Dack carried off in a stretcher. Hope it's not serious.

JeffKenna wrote:
    Dack carried off in a stretcher. Hope it's not serious.
    Suspected cruciate knee ligament injury. :(

Suspected cruciate knee ligament injury. :(

Opposite knee to the one he has just recovered from aswell. Poor fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Hows taylor harwood bellis doing? Been impressed with him playing for citys youth team and the odd few games he has played for the first team. Looks a better prospect than Tosin at similar age and hes now doing well at Fulham.

Cant help but feel sorry for Dack, quality player on his day had a horrible run of it if thats a serious one from last night.

I felt some key decisions went against us last night, their penalty was very soft for me for one. We maybe could have had one of our own.

Anyways the Dack injury makes all that pale into insignificance. Let us just hope it is not quite as serious as feared.

• Advertisement

Desperate times now,

Anyone else think Mowbray has done all he can?

Desperate times now,
    Anyone else think Mowbray has done all he can?
    Hard to tell if it's Mowbray or the owners who are the problem.

Hard to tell if it's Mowbray or the owners who are the problem.

I know, but he has had some quality players at his disposal this season.

It clicked for a while, but there just seems to be no desire left in the team?

I never like to think about the next man in charge because of the owners and what that might bring.

Elliot seems to be totally out of form for you guys would that be a fair shout

Elliot seems to be totally out of form for you guys would that be a fair shout

A lot of players are out of form whatever the issue is. A lot of loan players on a team is never good and it usually requires a full time senior squad player with the club to help them gel together, which is clear we don't have. Depending on an 18 year old loanee is never a good omen.

• Advertisement

2-1 win today against Derby.... really shocking run of results recently so good to see.
    Also nice to see Gallagher getting another goal
    Up to 50 points and safe.
    But given the early/mid season promise has to be a tad disappointing, 2 wins in...16

5-2 win over Huddersfield today. Armstrong Hat-trick with goals from Gallagher and Brereton.

Puts us up into the comfort of mid-table obscurity

Rikand wrote: »
    5-2 win over Huddersfield today. Armstrong Hat-trick with goals from Gallagher and Brereton.

Puts us up into the comfort of mid-table obscurity
    It really shows you what we can do when we click.
    We do still seem to leak goals constantly.
    Armstrong we have a year left on his contract at end of the season....think there will be a queue for him unfortunately, plus a lot of important loans to go back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

If Sheffield Wed do go down do you think we may try get Rhodes back? Just a random thought that I had

I see no reason why we'd want him back now. We have plenty of goals in the team, it's a defensive midfielder and defenders we need.

Hammered Birmingham 5-2 today...Armstrong Hat-trick.
    Very frustrating...once again... we can play so well when nothing to play for.
    Better goal difference than Barnsley who finished in 5th bizarrely

Surely Armstrong will be gone in summer let's hope we get serious money for him...and can reinvest

We finish 20 points from the last playoff spot and closer to the relegation zone.

There are fine lines in this division. I hate being negative but with the squad we had this season (albeit minus Dack) we had our best chance in years.

With the loans going back, possible sale of Armstrong or lose him for free after next season and still not being sure if Mowbray will be there next season there is a lot of dust to settle.

Hopefully stuff can get sorted soon so we can plan and try move forward.

Excited for this new Chilean superstar Brereton-Diaz next season :)

gmisk wrote: »
    Excited for this new Chilean superstar Brereton-Diaz next season :)

Really is a fabulous story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Advertisement
Advertisement