Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Really is a fabulous story.
    He looks to be loving it, delighted, could be a serious boost for his confidence.
    He has bags of talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭irelandrover

So looks like Armstrong is on his way to Southampton for more than 20 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Damn, I knew setting was afoot when he wasn't in the team at the weekend.

Big loss. I don't think we've signed anybody this season yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

No not yet.

It is a fairly decent price for Armstrong considering his contract would be up next Summer. Newcastle are due some money out of it.

We might see some signings now, talk of Obafemi from Southampton.

I think Mowbray will again be trying to make decent loan signings and putting some faith in the youth this season.

Up to 7th after a 2-0 win over hull.

Second half a lot better subs Khadra and Butterworth really changed the match.

Plus Brereton-Diaz with another goal!

1-0 win away to stoke...up to 4th...

It's like the same thing almost every match. Brereton scores, Rovers win. We are fourth and looking upwards.

Yep. Can't see us holding onto him in January.

No Brereton goal today but we still won 2-0. Huge win over Bournemouth.

We are withing four points of automatic promotion and six from the league leaders.

• Advertisement

I saw highlights looks like we just about deserved it. Probably our biggest win for a while, I thought we would really miss Kaminski but Pears has been excellent. Really promising run of form 7 wins in last 9.

I think we can trigger an extra year but yeah likely to sell him :( better than losing him for nothing

We are going third, a point behind Bournemouth and three behind Fulham who have a game in hand.

Automatic promotion is becoming a serious possibility.

Brereton just got a second to make it 4-0.

Terrific result today!

A tad worried about the the lads from Brighton going back they have had a great impact. Plus Brereton...I know we can trigger another year but still..

But fair to say this season so far has massively exceeded my expectations!

Unbelievable form since that drubbing from Fulham.

Live on Sky at Hull Today.

The Championship schedule has taken a massive hit Today. It means a Blackburn win would take them level with Fulham (their match postponed) with Bournemouth playing tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Well, scrap that.

Another Covid casualty - the game is off.

It's disgraceful how close to the game it was cancelled. There has to be more consideration for travelling fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Will Dack be back soon? I saw him mentioned as not ready for the Hull game but fingers crossed he is ready in a few weeks

I think they have said January previously, it will be like a new signing when he does come back. You just always have the worry about how much acl injuries take out of a player, especially with Dack having done both.

I wonder what might happen in January. Lenihan, Rothwell, and Nyambe are all entering the last 6 months of their contracts. The club will have to weigh up cashing in versus the best chance of promotion in years. Quite a bit of talk about Brereton too - January will be peak selling point for himself too.

Brereton is interesting I think. We have a great chance of going up and the only clubs I can see would be interested in him are likely to go down. Does he take the chance that we get promoted and he gets a full year in the premiership. Or does he take a guaranteed 6 months with likely a big pay rise.

• Advertisement

Another win...that is 6 in a row...1 point behind Bournemouth and level with Fulham who are both in a poor enough run of form...do we dare to dream?

It might sound silly but I would rather lose Brereton for a big fee than some of those other players coming towards the end of their contracts especially Rothwell.

We can activate an extra year on Brereton so some leverage if we are going to sell (Leeds getting mentioned a lot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

How long has Brererton left on his contract? I'd expect 20+ million pound for him the form he's in.

We have the option to extend it for a year, which we will do, so it's 18 months. Mowbray has already said it'll take £30 million to get us interested in selling him.

Well, out of the Cup. We can give it all towards a promotion push now.

Pears had an absolute mare. hopefully, it doesn't affect him too much for when we might need him in the league.

Battling 1-0 win over Cardiff. Terrific goal from Joe Rothwell.

They were extremely physical! Nyambe sent off.

New signing not on bench just yet, Deyovaisio Zeefuik.

What Zeefuik??

Great win today, considering no fans traveling too.

Ha ha saw a lot of comments on Twitter like that.

Bournemouth lost today I see....

Fulham were behind twice too - but they are scoring a ridiculous amount of goals.

Yeah they seem to really rip teams apart when on form, in fairness them hammering us didn't do us much harm!

• Advertisement

A very poor day at the office last night, the performance was nothing near the standard we had been setting of late.

We should have had a penalty, and Hull's second goal should have been ruled out for a blatant foul on Kaminski - and this at a time when we were lining up a triple substitution.

Another live on Sky game next on Monday against Boro, hopefully there can be a response.

A battling 1-0 win against a seriously in form boro, that will do!

Three great points given players missing.

Really sad news about the Dilan Markanday serious injury but Dack being back and playing for the u23s though could be a big boost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Great 1-0 win tonight over boro live on the tellybox. Well deserved win I thought. We had loads of chances and it puts us out into 2nd by ourselves by 3 points.

Great to get straight back on the horse after the loss.

That puts us second, three points ahead of Bournemouth who have a game in hand and five ahead of QPR who have two games in hand.

Not up to much at Swansea here.

Even with them down to ten (harsh for me) and with Brereton now on it doesn't look like we will get anything from this game.

Yeah, poor showing. We need to rediscover the form that got us up there quickly.

Another poor show tonight.

Plenty of the ball but can do nothing with it.

I thought Buckley was particularly poor, as he was in the last match.

Well that is five games without scoring which I think is the first time since 1888.

Very poor tonight. There are some players who have not been good enough of late, and yet Mowbray is persisting.

Criminal that only one sub was made tonight too, with ten minutes left and against ten men too.

A sucker punch right at the end, the slide out of the playoffs is on. Late wins for Huddersfield and QPR too.

A win at last!

Tight 1-0 over QPR which keeps us just ahead of them! Khadra with the goal

• Advertisement

An important win to break the streak

Well an absolutely horrible run of results and performances recently....but we are hammering preston 3-1 at half time....probably the best I have seen us play this year...6th and the final play off spot not out of the question just yet...

Now looking like a pretty outside chance of getting 6th place.

Looks like Tony Mowbray gone at end of the season...I have mixed feelings.

Another comfortable win today...so we are err top of the league.. (after two matches lol)

John Dahl Tomasson and the couple of new signings solid so far no big splurge but picked up for low fees.

Ryan Hedges (who we got on a free from Aberdeen - under mowbray) terrific today in clips I saw, Lewis Travis really kicked on

Brereton Diaz still a bit question mark...I respect our position but losing him on a free next year would be a blow.

Another win last night. Decent start to the season so far.

Back to reality with back-to-back 3-0 defeats.

Really need to try and strengthen the squad more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looks like Brereton Diaz really is on the way out. Every mid table premiership team seems to be looking at him. Hope there's a good plan to replace him lined up

The Win-loss Win-loss streak is finally broken with that win against Sunderland...and we are top of the table (hey at least for a wee bit ha a lot with games in hand below us).

Three wins on the spin now (3-1 against QPR today)

In 4th...automatic places looking out of touch...but still....

Another good win tonight to progress in the Cup. Some serious run at the moment. Starting to get my hopes up.

We played extremely well, especially for the first 60 minutes.

All with no Brereton or Dack.

Szmodics was terrific.

• Advertisement
Advertisement