Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Well... what can I say after Saturday.

2 goals from Yakubu. Fast flowing movement where we worked the ball from an Arsenal corner into a goal for us. 4 goals scored... there's plenty of positives to take and I hope this can be carried on now and isn't a flash in the pan.

Yakubu's first finish was fantastic. Jason Roberts couldn't do that in a month of Sundays. Here's hoping the big lad can get back to his form pre his 2008 injury. I've heard a few people mention that Arsenal missed chances to make it 3-1, particularly when Gervinho shot rather than passing. However, the fact is that Blackburn also missed chances. yes, we were under pressure for periods but so were Arsenal. Formica was through on goal and shot directly at Sczesny (sp?), Sambra missed a couple of headers - Blackburn had their chance to score more too.

If United or Chelsea had moved the ball from one end of the pitch to the other like Blackburn did for the 4th goal, the pundits would be purring about it all week. I think it showed that Olsson has to start, be it in midfield or at the back.

If Kean could get the team to serve up that every week, I'd be more than happy for him to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Lemlin wrote: »
    Well... what can I say after Saturday.

2 goals from Yakubu. Fast flowing movement where we worked the ball from an Arsenal corner into a goal for us. 4 goals scored... there's plenty of positives to take and I hope this can be carried on now and isn't a flash in the pan.

Yakubu's first finish was fantastic. Jason Roberts couldn't do that in a month of Sundays. Here's hoping the big lad can get back to his form pre his 2008 injury. I've heard a few people mention that Arsenal missed chances to make it 3-1, particularly when Gervinho shot rather than passing. However, the fact is that Blackburn also missed chances. yes, we were under pressure for periods but so were Arsenal. Formica was through on goal and shot directly at Sczesny (sp?), Sambra missed a couple of headers - Blackburn had their chance to score more too.

If United or Chelsea had moved the ball from one end of the pitch to the other like Blackburn did for the 4th goal, the pundits would be purring about it all week. I think it showed that Olsson has to start, be it in midfield or at the back.

If Kean could get the team to serve up that every week, I'd be more than happy for him to stay.

Nice too see a positive Lemlin, that performance deserves plaudits, but as you say it can't be just a flash in the pan, it needs to be built on with Newcastle away coming up.

Yakubus finish for the first was exquisite. He was also involved in the 4th goal, and as you say Olsson has to start, but I'd rather see him start in the midfield.

We have played some nice stuff like that all season, but we have never got the breaks in front of goal, and have never had the type of player there to finish them.

The important thing for me now is to get this Hoilett deal sewn up, the guy deserves a rewarding contract. The contract will not mean much to us unless we get a nice minimum fee put in, would be devastating to lose the guy for nothing come the summer if we don't cough up what he is worth.

Nice too see a positive Lemlin, that performance deserves plaudits, but as you say it can't be just a flash in the pan, it needs to be built on with Newcastle away coming up.

Yakubus finish for the first was exquisite. He was also involved in the 4th goal, and as you say Olsson has to start, but I'd rather see him start in the midfield.

We have played some nice stuff like that all season, but we have never got the breaks in front of goal, and have never had the type of player there to finish them.

The important thing for me now is to get this Hoilett deal sewn up, the guy deserves a rewarding contract. The contract will not mean much to us unless we get a nice minimum fee put in, would be devastating to lose the guy for nothing come the summer if we don't cough up what he is worth.

I'm not sure about Givet at left back though. He's alot better in the centre. Salgado is always going to be a problem also. Time has caught up with him.

Be nice now to see a few of the sub players like Grella, Petrovic, Vukcevic and Hanley get a run out in the cup.

The other positive is that yesterday's team was missing Dunn and Pedersen. Both of those will be welcome additions when they return.

I'm not sure about Givet at left back though. He's alot better in the centre. Salgado is always going to be a problem also. Time has caught up with him.

Be nice now to see a few of the sub players like Grella, Petrovic, Vukcevic and Hanley get a run out in the cup.

The other positive is that yesterday's team was missing Dunn and Pedersen. Both of those will be welcome additions when they return.

Yeah Givet was dodgy against Fulham, settled down when he had to move to the centre after salgado got injured.

It is half the reason why I would like to see wing backs, makes use of the central defenders we have when all fit, gives Olsson a bit more of an attacking role, and Salgado might not be as much a worry with 3 centre backs, but wouldn't be great to start trying that now.

I'm worried about Petrovic, he has not impressed me much yet, a long way off the pace of the Premier League at the moment. Grella is a write off for me, we'll never be able to get rid for a price anyways.

Am looking forward to seeing what team gets a run out tomorrow night, positive result against Newcastle, I'd take a draw, and we might just be able to get something going.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Really great result, looks like the players are behind Kean, hopefully they can build on this.
    He was on SSN last night for a bit of an interview. I thought fair play to him for going on and answering questions. He was a bit naive in some of his answers but at least he went on.

Bring on the Yak.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah Givet was dodgy against Fulham, settled down when he had to move to the centre after salgado got injured.

It is half the reason why I would like to see wing backs, makes use of the central defenders we have when all fit, gives Olsson a bit more of an attacking role, and Salgado might not be as much a worry with 3 centre backs, but wouldn't be great to start trying that now.

I'm worried about Petrovic, he has not impressed me much yet, a long way off the pace of the Premier League at the moment. Grella is a write off for me, we'll never be able to get rid for a price anyways.

Am looking forward to seeing what team gets a run out tomorrow night, positive result against Newcastle, I'd take a draw, and we might just be able to get something going.
    The reason both full backs have looked so dodgy is because they are getting no protection from the midfield or forwards who seem clueless when we don't have possession. Tactically we looked terrible when we give away the ball.
    I'm deligted we got the 3 points and thats what matters most but I don't see that continuing if we continue to look so bad when we give away the ball.

Team for tonight as follows:

Simon Vukcevic and Nick Blackman both make their first Rovers starts as Steve Kean makes eight changes from the side that defeated Arsenal on Saturday.

Both players previously had only made substitute appearances for the club, but start tonight against Leyton Orient.

Mark Bunn is back in goal, whilst Grant Hanley and Martin Olsson return to the Rovers defence.

Vukcevic is in midfield along with the returning Vince Grella and Radosav Petrovic, who starts despite Saturday's early introduction. Nick Blackman starts front alongside Jason Roberts.

Mark Bunn
    Martin Olsson
    Gael Givet
    Vince Grella
    Radosav Petrovic
    Ruben Rochina
    Nick Blackman
    Simon Vukcevic
    Jason Roberts
    Grant Hanley
    Jason Lowe

Subs

Paul Robinson
    Mauro Formica
    Steven Nzonzi
    Scott Dann
    Junior Hoilett
    Yakubu
    Bruno Ribeiro

Should still be easy enough to progress with that team considering the opponents. Hoping Blackman bags himself a goal and that Vukcevic has a good run out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Suprised Ribero isn't playing

G.K. wrote: »
    Suprised Ribero isn't playing

Me too to be honest, considering it looks like young Lowe is going to be playing right back and he is for all intents and purposes a midfielder,

I'd imagine they will line out like this.

Bunn

Lowe
    Hanley
    Givet
    Olsson

Rochina---Grella---Petrovic---Vukcevic

Blackman---Roberts

Match report:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9261779.Kean_happy_with_Blackburn_Rovers_second_half_improvement/

First back to back victories since January 8th and great to see a few of the new signings and subs get a run out. It's a pity not see Nick Blackman on the score sheet though and I hope a stronger team is put out for the next round depending on who we get. A good run in the cup would be nice.

I'd be interested in seeing a strong team played with the likes of Vuckevic and Petrov integrated. I presume Goodwillie is still injured and that is why he didn't play.

The team need to push forward now for this weekend. Newcastle are going well and it is an away game but there's no reason that we can't get at least a point if Kean gets the tactics right. If we're to stay a Premier League club, it's the type of match where we need to be taking points.

• Advertisement

Didnt see anything of Newcastle against Villa but I thought Newc were poor against QPR and I think Pardew is a wicked lucky manager who seems to pull results out of no where. With the right approach we can get something against them and maybe Pardews will luck out.

sundula wrote: »
    Didnt see anything of Newcastle against Villa but I thought Newc were poor against QPR and I think Pardew is a wicked lucky manager who seems to pull results out of no where. With the right approach we can get something against them and maybe Pardews will luck out.

Newcastle are fourth in the PL and on nine points so are in a far better position than Rovers but I'd agree with you re luck. I didn't see any of the QPR game but I do know that they were lucky against Villa last weekend to get a draw and in their win against Sunderland.

That said, they have got some very good results in their games. Villa beat us 3-1 and Newcastle went there and drew. They also beat Fulham 2-1 and won 1-0 away at Sunderland. Fortunate or not, those are good results.

Going there and with those results in mind, I'd be happy with a draw but I do think that they flatter to decieve at the back. The one thing I'd be worried about is Cabaye and Tiote against our central midfield. I didn't think central midfield was an area where we were weak but, with Kean's tactics, I feel we look lightweight there as Eagle Eye said above.

Hopefully morale is high after last weekend's win and the cup win. It'd be great to see the Yak grab another goal and, after watching him last weekend, he looked like he had something to prove. The first goal was the best finish I've seen by a Rovers striker for a while. There was nothing particularly spectacular about the goal but it was a fantastic finish when he got the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Newcastle are fourth in the PL and on nine points so are in a far better position than Rovers but I'd agree with you re luck. I didn't see any of the QPR game but I do know that they were lucky against Villa last weekend to get a draw and in their win against Sunderland.

We could've beaten Villa by about 2 or 3 if it weren't for some fantastic keeping from Shay Given.

I do agree though that we were lucky against Sunderland. Had a draw written all over it and it took a huge slice of luck to get anything from that game really.

Against QPR we were rubbish and deserved to lose. Defensively we were sound but we showed nothing going forward. Played some lovely stuff against Villa so hopefully that can keep on this Saturday.

Having said that Blackburn are looking for their 6th successive victory at SJP. Bogey team for us really so hopefully we can overturn that this time out but Blackburn will be on a huge high from last weeks victory against Arsenal.

That_Guy wrote: »
    We could've beaten Villa by about 2 or 3 if it weren't for some fantastic keeping from Shay Given.

I do agree though that we were lucky against Sunderland. Had a draw written all over it and it took a huge slice of luck to get anything from that game really.

Against QPR we were rubbish and deserved to lose. Defensively we were sound but we showed nothing going forward. Played some lovely stuff against Villa so hopefully that can keep on this Saturday.

Having said that Blackburn are looking for their 6th successive victory at SJP. Bogey team for us really so hopefully we can overturn that this time out but Blackburn will be on a huge high from last weeks victory against Arsenal.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Yes, Cabaye took some fantastic long range shots but Given had the measure of most of them. Bent missed a sitter when Villa were 1-0 up which really should have put them 2 ahead. That would have been game, set and match. I can't remember the match too well I'll admit but I also think Villa had a few other chances. The BCC report also states that Newcastle started well but then Villa took control:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14864217.stm

Either way, it was a good result for Newcastle but, while their results seem to point towards them being solid at the back, I think they have been lucky.

I think 4-2-3-1 could be the right formation to go for again, but I'd like to see Olsson starting, whether its in midfield or left back. Bringing him in for Rochina is the only change I'd make to last week's starting 11.

Salgado is a liability but there's no-one else to replace him and Lowe appears to be a better option than Petrovic, who I hope will settle after a while because in initial performances he's not looking great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Starting XI for today ::

Rovers: Robbo,
    Salgado, Dann, Samba, Givet,
    Hoilett, Nzonzi, Lowe, Olsson,
    Formica, Yak

no rochina in the first 11 today. Pity. He goes and scores and gets dropped. Wuold love to see him in there instead of Lowe and have Lowe in as RB or Ribeiro even

A 3-1 thumping Saturday. Defence looked very poor.

Man City next weekend isn't going to help either.

A 3-1 thumping Saturday. Defence looked very poor.

Man City next weekend isn't going to help either.

Was at the game myself, the defense was shocking, particularly Salgado and Givet - even the lads tracking back helping looked clueless, it was easy for Newcastle.

Samba and Dann suffered as a result, I thought Dann was poor for the first goal, and the less said about the other two goals the better.

Stuff like that would never happen under the likes of Hughes,he always builds a strong team from the back. I thought the defense was shaky at times under Allardyce but it is in free fall under Kean.

Yakubu on his own up front did not work out at all, he did not get a service at all, I suppose you are never going to when your team manages a measly 37 per cent of the possession. Newcastle were winning all the 50\50's and were given unbelievable space and time over the whole pitch.

It was a shocking performance with little or nothing positive to be taken from it at all.

I fear for that defense against Man City on Saturday. I can see us getting destroyed. Pity we have nothing other than Salgado, and now Olsson will be suspended so it will be Givet again at left back. They will be having nightmares all week at the prospects of facing the likes of Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Nasri and Johnson in particular if he is fit.

Was at the game myself, the defense was shocking, particularly Salgado and Givet - even the lads tracking back helping looked clueless, it was easy for Newcastle.

Samba and Dann suffered as a result, I thought Dann was poor for the first goal, and the less said about the other two goals the better.

Stuff like that would never happen under the likes of Hughes,he always builds a strong team from the back. I thought the defense was shaky at times under Allardyce but it is in free fall under Kean.

Yakubu on his own up front did not work out at all, he did not get a service at all, I suppose you are never going to when your team manages a measly 37 per cent of the possession. Newcastle were winning all the 50\50's and were given unbelievable space and time over the whole pitch.

It was a shocking performance with little or nothing positive to be taken from it at all.

I fear for that defense against Man City on Saturday. I can see us getting destroyed. Pity we have nothing other than Salgado, and now Olsson will be suspended so it will be Givet again at left back. They will be having nightmares all week at the prospects of facing the likes of Aguero, Silva, Dzeko, Nasri and Johnson in particular if he is fit.

The problem I'd see if that we were run ragged by Newcastle. What are City going to do to us? Kean is also focusing on the third goal and Dann being fouled. The fact of the matter is that the third goal didn't matter. Newcastle were always on top and that's the worrying factor.

Rovers were lucky that Hoilett had scored against the run of play and we were lucky in the end that it wasn't 4-1 with Lowe's goal saving tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

I'm dreading the city game, think ill be loading up my fantasy football team with city attackers, considering what they have done to the likes of spurs already!

Any way, going over to the QPR game in a few weeks, whats the story with getting tickets? Not a season ticket holder and looking at the website there they are currently only available to them, with whatever is left coming up on thursday. Think we got 1667 or somewhere along those lines, what are the chances of them all be sold? As in should I be worrying about not getting a ticket?

Will actually be my first ever rovers game!

• Advertisement

Kean is blaming the loss on the ref:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9270467.Kean__Blackburn_Rovers_defeat_hinged_on_refereeing_blunder/

Nothing to do with the fact that his side was played off the park then and defended terribly.

At least Samba, the captain, is coming out and speaking the truth:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9271127.Samba_blasts____not_good____Blackburn_Rovers_performance/

I'm really getting worried about next weekend. We need to park not only the team bus but anything we can find near Ewood Park in the front of the goal.

It looks like Dann could miss the game, Olsson is suspended, Salgado and Givet are doubtful and Nelsen isn't available. That leaves Samba as the only defender available from our six regular starters in defence.

The squad is far too small. I'd imagine Lowe will have to play right back with Hanley in the centre and hopefully Givet will make the match.

The loss is bad but the performance is the most disappointing thing, the Arsenal result is a distant memory. Its really hard when you look around the league to see where points are going to come from.

The loss is bad but the performance is the most disappointing thing, the Arsenal result is a distant memory. Its really hard when you look around the league to see where points are going to come from.

To be honest I'm happy enough with the 11 players that we are getting out on the park when you look at the likes of Dann, Samba, Hoilett, N'Zonzi, Formica, Olsson, Givet and Robinson. In fact, the only two I would have changed from last weekend were Lowe (too inexperienced) and Salgado (a liability at this stange).

And when I look at that starting team and compare it to Newcastle's starting 11, Everton's starting 11 or Fulham's starting 11, the only reason I can see that we haven't more points on the board is the manager.

Last weekend against Arsenal was an improvement but it appears to have been a blip and little else.

I agree, our first choice eleven are good, and I have been saying since the season started that Salgado is just pasted it, he has been our weakest player. I do believe in giving a manager time but I think we're on a course for relegation under Kean.

When I look around the league I'm just not seeing three teams which are noticeably weaker than us, this means we really need to fight and work hard to pull ourselves clear - will these players do that for Kean ? I really hope so but if Man City run riot against us and the heads drop ? Hard for an inexperienced manager to turn around a squad who dont believe in him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

If Kean was to get the boot, who would ye bring in as a replacement??

I can't imagine it will be too easy to attract a top manager with the current owners in place.

I agree, our first choice eleven are good, and I have been saying since the season started that Salgado is just pasted it, he has been our weakest player. I do believe in giving a manager time but I think we're on a course for relegation under Kean.

When I look around the league I'm just not seeing three teams which are noticeably weaker than us, this means we really need to fight and work hard to pull ourselves clear - will these players do that for Kean ? I really hope so but if Man City run riot against us and the heads drop ? Hard for an inexperienced manager to turn around a squad who dont believe in him.

My only hope is that the owners don't leave it too long before appointing a new manager. Allardyce had a hard job when he had to replace Ince back in '08 so I hope its not left that we are adrift of the sides above.

In regards to the question asked after yours, I don't have a clue who'll come in but I think it's fair to say that very few could have a worse record than Kean. His win percentage is 22% and he's lost 13 of 27 games in charge so loss percentage is 50%. Compare that to Allardyce who had a 35% win percentage and had only lost 23 out of 86 games, a 26% loss ratio.

• Advertisement

Are we being unrealistic to think Hughes might come back if the job became available?

Dont think Hughes would go back, unless he was given millions to spend which is unlikely.

Maybe Steve McClaren wouldn't be a bad option.

Are we being unrealistic to think Hughes might come back if the job became available?

Hugely unrealistic. Not a chance of him coming back.

The last man I heard being linked was this lad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Gunnar_Solskjaer

The 4 pundits at the time on Soccer Saturday thought he didn't have as much experience as Kean but he played at a top level for years so, to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance.

Anything would be better than Kean at present. Solskjaer has worked with Alex Ferguson, which is alot better experience than working with Chris Coleman.

Hugely unrealistic. Not a chance of him coming back.

The last man I heard being linked was this lad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ole_Gunnar_Solskjaer

The 4 pundits at the time on Soccer Saturday thought he didn't have as much experience as Kean but he played at a top level for years so, to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance.

Anything would be better than Kean at present. Solskjaer has worked with Alex Ferguson, which is alot better experience than working with Chris Coleman.

The longer Hughes is out of work, the more chance he would take the job, it has been a while now - and to be honest I think he is going to have to take another job at Blackburn's current level.

McClaren is having a rough time at Forest, undoubtedly a much better option than Kean - but I think he would be a risk.

Solksjaer would not be a good option to give a chance to after getting rid of Kean - I would have been all on for him getting a chance instead of Kean, but we can't really afford to be doing that twice in a row - when what we need is someone with the experience (like Allardyce had after Ince) that would get the best out of a clearly talented squad.

There is a great run of games on the horizon if we get rid of Kean that would be season defining under a new manager. After the Chelsea game there is a run of 6 games, where an away trip to Stoke is the most difficult. However I think Venky's might have their eyes on that too as a do or die time for Kean - which for me will be too late then depending on results. We have Liverpool and Man Utd over Christmas, and it is a long hard slog trying to get out of a bad position after then.

Ye someone tried and tested, somebody of Solskjaer's inexperience wouldn't be ideal. He would be a big risk in what is a massive year for the future of Blackburn.

I think maybe Curbishley, McClaren, Holloway would be the best options. Poyet will turn out to be a top manager as well, but again his lack of experience isnt what Blackburn need right now.

• Advertisement

Whatever about a new manager, we now need a new assistant manager:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer/jensen-to-leave-blackburn-rovers-522494.html

Looks like Jensen has cut short his stay himself. A drubbing this weekend and I think Kean could be gone too.

Assitant manager gone, could be the start of something.

Regards a replacement if/when Kean goes, I dont think Hughes would take it, I would like Martin O'Neill but he left Villa over difficulties with owner and no investment so I dont think he would get along with Venky's. We are probably looking abroad for some unknown manager or down to the Championship where there are plenty of guys who would like a crack at the prem. I say no way to Ole, we may as well leave Kean in charge. Poyet could be interesting as would Holloway, I wouldnt be sure how well the later would take to Venky's either.

We want someone to come in on a high so that rules out McClaren who is having a horrid time at Forest.

There is always Ancellotti he loves this league and still lives in London or indeed Rafa who still has a house in Liverpool and is looking for a premier league club:D

At the end of the day this is, at the moment, a premier league club. The chances that some managers have of getting a job in this league is small so any club looking to hire should have a good list of applications. The key is that the owners dont leave it to late for any new manager to turn around the season. When big Sam left he hinted that the people who were advising the new owners were'nt to his liking and that these agents had their own ideas on tranfers and football operations, if we knew more about the owners and their advisers we would have a better understanding of who they might target and who might be interested in working with them.

Another unknown like Kean with no actual playing career now looks like being appointed assistant:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9279959.Clement_in_Rovers_frame/

Somebody told me, that the group behind Venkys represent players, coach's managers etc ....

And that this was all orchestrated to get Kean in charge and to buy players under their umbrella. Is there any truth to that ?

Somebody told me, that the group behind Venkys represent players, coach's managers etc ....

And that this was all orchestrated to get Kean in charge and to buy players under their umbrella. Is there any truth to that ?

Thats kind of what I posted earlier and what Big Sam said when he left. Venkys or the people behind them or in front of them or what ever seem to have their own idea of the football operations and seem to only want a le and manager who is controlable and wont rock the boat.

McClaren has resigned from Forest and Kean is due to meet Venkys tomorrow - something about to happen ?

McClaren has resigned from Forest and Kean is due to meet Venkys tomorrow - something about to happen ?

Nothing linking the two i would imagine,

This trip to India has always been on for Kean - the squad is heading over too, it was on the cards since they had to cancel the pre-season game that time.

Still hoping he gets the boot though.

Thats a pity, I would like to hear McClaren do an indian accent for his first interview, has to be better than his dutch accent at Twente. :D

Seriously, I hope some action is taken soon. We will be into Christmas before we know it.

You're talking about Kentaro I presume. They are not the group behind Venkys but are heavily involved.

Have a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Anderson_(football_agent)

Kean, Jensen and Anderson's son Myles, who Rovers signed in the Summer, are all Kentaro clients.

As for Kean, he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights at this stage. I saw an interview on Saturday where he talked about City being able to rotate and how it strengthened them. I didn't get the interview at all to be honest because its not like our lads had a mid week game and were at a disadvantage.

As I said at the start of the season, Kean in charge = championship next season.

Ten goals conceded in the last 3 PL games, two of those home matches. It wouldn't of happened under any previous manager. Kean just can't set the team out tactically.

Today, David Dunn asks the Blackburn fans to be more realistic with their expectations, in an attempt to take the pressure off Steve Kean.

It wasn't too long ago that the owners and manager were talking about playing Champions League football in three years time.

''Kean must convince his current key players to remain at the club if progress is to be made. Christopher Samba has attracted interest from Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur, with Rovers braced to receive unwelcome bids before the transfer window closes and fearful that he might follow Jones out of the club. "Phil moved on and there was interest in him not only from Manchester United but from other clubs," said Kean, whose side play Aston Villa here on Wednesday in the Premier League Asia Cup. "That was the difficult thing.
    "He'd only played a small number of games for us but he wanted Champions League football. We're not at that moment [where we can offer him that] yet. Hopefully we will be in three or four years' time, but we appreciated he wanted to move on. Chris is only three months into a new five-year contract, and we've not had any bids for him. We don't want to get any, either.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

LOL :D 3 or 4 years time! What is that fella smoking ?!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    LOL :D 3 or 4 years time! What is that fella smoking ?!

He's a lunatic alright. I honestly don't think he can believe himself some of the stuff he comes out with.

In relation to Rovers, did anyone hear the interview with Keith Andrews at the weekend on Today FM? It was part of their Saturday coverage.

Said he'd enjoyed his time under Ince and then Allardyce but that too much stuff had gone on since and he had no wish to ever play at Ewood again. Sadly, he wouldn't reveal what exactly.

I know he got a hard time off the fans but he always got that. It must have been some disagreement with Kean IMO.

I would be more interested to hear what John Williams would have to say as oppose to Andrews.

From recent reading of the India trip I would say Kean is a goner

He's a lunatic alright. I honestly don't think he can believe himself some of the stuff he comes out with.

In relation to Rovers, did anyone hear the interview with Keith Andrews at the weekend on Today FM? It was part of their Saturday coverage.

Said he'd enjoyed his time under Ince and then Allardyce but that too much stuff had gone on since and he had no wish to ever play at Ewood again. Sadly, he wouldn't reveal what exactly.

I know he got a hard time off the fans but he always got that. It must have been some disagreement with Kean IMO.

Andrews got a terrible time from some sections of fans, some didn't even give him a chance before writing him off because Ince had taken him with him from MK Dons.

The abuse got worse as he went on, nothing to do with a falling out with Kean I would hhave imagined, what footballer would want to play in front of their own fans abusing him?

Delighted for him that he is back playing football, what he didn't have in skill he made up for with effort and commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

I would be more interested to hear what John Williams would have to say as oppose to Andrews.

From recent reading of the India trip I would say Kean is a goner

Totally agree with ya. Williams has spent years running the club very efficiently and on a tight budget and has done well. I'm sure he's not impressed with how the new owners are doing. I think if nothing changes before Christmas it could be too late. I hate the thoughts of it but if Rovers go down, they could easily end up like Charlton or Forest and never be heard of again.

Hopefully the new coaching assistant, whoever they will be, will make an positive impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

Bring back SPARKEY!!!

We're going down if Kean is still there at Christmas!
    Our next 4 home games are so tough that we could easily not get any points and concede 10-20 goals.

Not looking good. and its not a good time to sack a manger either, but it has to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭SkrApsAK

You're talking about Kentaro I presume. They are not the group behind Venkys but are heavily involved.

Have a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Anderson_(football_agent)

Kean, Jensen and Anderson's son Myles, who Rovers signed in the Summer, are all Kentaro clients.

As for Kean, he looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights at this stage. I saw an interview on Saturday where he talked about City being able to rotate and how it strengthened them. I didn't get the interview at all to be honest because its not like our lads had a mid week game and were at a disadvantage.

As I said at the start of the season, Kean in charge = championship next season.

Ten goals conceded in the last 3 PL games, two of those home matches. It wouldn't of happened under any previous manager. Kean just can't set the team out tactically.

Jerome Anderson was a lead advisor during the Venkys takeover and still is in some ways.

It was 100% his idea to bring in Kean, and 100% pushed through the transfer of his son Myles Anderson.
    Probably had a deep hand in Jensen too.

For those of you who dont know Jerome Anderson, you may remember him as lead advisor when Thaksin Shinawatra took over at Man City around 06/07.
    Anderson was responsible for signings such as Elano, Samaras, Geovanni, Bianchi, Garrido, Castillo and Caicedo..... who??? Exactly!! (apart from Elano - cant get em all wrong :))

Anyways, the lad is a parasite and should not be brought in to advise at any club.

John Williams was an amazing business man, and if he was still there, we would be signing far better players, for a lot cheaper. (Yak for £3m?? lol)

Williams was pushed out of the club that he kept up for years almost debt free. That should never have happened.
    The only reason there wasn't uproar over it was because it was announced that he "resigned". Williams has and had so much love and respect for Rovers that he didn't want the club to look bad over his sacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

I'm at lofts road now, good atmosphere here do far players are just doing their warm up now. Roberts starting up front, Rochina and Formica on the bench.

jrochie wrote: »
    I'm at lofts road now, good atmosphere here do far players are just doing their warm up now. Roberts starting up front, Rochina and Formica on the bench.

Don't like the look of the team at all, a little bit too defensive for me, but in saying that we are going to need them,

SWP and Faurlin will cause us problems, Taarabt on the bench is a bit of a positive.

Would have preferred Goodwillie or Yakubu instead of Roberts, and one of Formica or Rochina should be on from the start too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

they buy all these top quality players and then leave them sitting on the bench.

Manager can do whatever he wants I guess, he's got the 100% backing of the owners and the full vote of confidence

Advertisement