Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn Rovers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2021/2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

We are done. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yep, only hope is to sack Kean and get someone in,

But there is no point in even discussing it because the owners are as deluded as the manager,

Kean would try put a positive spin on an electron,

We are also going to lose Hoilett for free in the Summer, or worse still for pittance in January, he is never going to sign a new deal as things stand, and I don't blame him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

He'll get the next four games and I think that would be fair enough. 3 at home, all winnable.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

He has to go, he got 3 games too many in charge at this stage. We should beat Derby's record of 11 points in a season but we wont get too many more after that. If we go down the club will be stripped for players, honestly I could only see Roberts, Yak, Goodwillie, Dann, Dunn and Givet staying with the rest of the team being made up of young english players, the likes of Rochina and Formica will move on and we won't see another premier league match again at Ewood.

On the RTE premiership program last night they were talking about Bruce leaving Sunderland and someone said that if he was going now was the time so that a new manger could take a look at squad before Jan Transfer Window and they are back on. Now is the time to ship Kean out and let someone else see the team for a month and then do something in the window.

And I agree Hoilett is a goner, he would be mad to sign a contract, stupid of the club to let him get this far with out one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have to laugh at all the people on this thread now saying to sack Kean. The same people who said give him time. He was even likened to Guardiola or Mourinho at one stage.

The man has been a joke since the start. His win percentage is now 17.65%. How the owners can justify that to anyone is a disgrace. 6 wins in 34 games.

Time is running out quickly. He needs to go immediately but he won't. Rovers are definitely going down.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Have to laugh at all the people on this thread now saying to sack Kean. The same people who said give him time. He was even likened to Guardiola or Mourinho at one stage.

The man has been a joke since the start. His win percentage is now 17.65%. How the owners can justify that to anyone is a disgrace. 6 wins in 34 games.

Time is running out quickly. He needs to go immediately but he won't. Rovers are definitely going down.

I was one who wanted to give him time and am now calling for him to be sacked, I still stand by the time I gave him and I don't see why you would be laughing or find it funny.

I would also be in favour of giving the next manager time, whoever it may be or whatever opinions I might have of the man already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So now you are suggesting that people said he was as good as Guardiola and Mourinho. You are some fool if you think that. I made a point that others who had no experience were given opportunities. I still never believed that Kean was good enough but as it was clear he was going to be here at the start of the new season I was going to support him because I support Blackburn Rovers.

What you are at here is sad. You are trying to get some enjoyment out of the fact that you predicted him as a failure. I was always concerned at him getting the job but I support the club and I was hoping I was wrong all along because I want Rovers to do well. I don't care at all about being right or wrong as long as its good for Blackburn Rovers.

eagle eye wrote: »
    So now you are suggesting that people said he was as good as Guardiola and Mourinho. You are some fool if you think that. I made a point that others who had no experience were given opportunities. I still never believed that Kean was good enough but as it was clear he was going to be here at the start of the new season I was going to support him because I support Blackburn Rovers.

What you are at here is sad. You are trying to get some enjoyment out of the fact that you predicted him as a failure. I was always concerned at him getting the job but I support the club and I was hoping I was wrong all along because I want Rovers to do well. I don't care at all about being right or wrong as long as its good for Blackburn Rovers.

Did you not liken his appointment at the club to the appointment of Mourinho at Porto and Guardiola at Barcelona? Go back to your posts and have a read.

I'm not taking any enjoyment out of the fact I was right. What I amazed at is that people actually thought that this no-hoper had a chance of success. They're the idiots IMO.

It was clear from the start that the man isn't management material. You can try and paper over the cracks of your stupidity all you like.

I was one who wanted to give him time and am now calling for him to be sacked, I still stand by the time I gave him and I don't see why you would be laughing or find it funny.

I would also be in favour of giving the next manager time, whoever it may be or whatever opinions I might have of the man already.

Yes, I'm all for giving a "manager" time. Kean isn't a manager and never has been. That's been clear from the start.

The club is destroyed now because of that idiot and Venkys. The supporters aren't doing enough. The way to hit the club is by stopping going to games. Hit them in the pocket because it appears that is the only way that'll cause them concern. They want to bleed the club dry of every penny and then do a runner.

• Advertisement

I was one of the people who wanted to give him time, but I think I only said until the Norwich game.

I agree with Lemlin about these spoofers Venkys, they are going to bleed the club completely dry. I believe their main reason for buying Blackburn is to establish their chicken company in the UK. They don't care about the club one bit.

Kean is harping on about looking for a midfielder in January, stupid idea, we already have six or seven in that position and a few more who could fill in if needed. We really need a fullback and another centre back, Salgado is finished as a player.

Did you not liken his appointment at the club to the appointment of Mourinho at Porto and Guardiola at Barcelona? Go back to your posts and have a read.
    No I used them as the prime examples of managers with no experience that worked out.
    I'm not taking any enjoyment out of the fact I was right. What I amazed at is that people actually thought that this no-hoper had a chance of success. They're the idiots IMO.

It was clear from the start that the man isn't management material. You can try and paper over the cracks of your stupidity all you like.
    You had no information to go on when you decided Kean was a no hoper except that he had no experience. Thats what I was saying to you. You would have been against Moruinho and Guardiola getting appointed too.

I was disgusted when they sacked Sam Allardyce and I was pretty much against Venkys from the get go but I support the club so I'm not going to be giving out about a manager until he has been given a chance. And when it was clear that he was not going to get sacked in the summer I decided that despite my doubts I would back him until such time as he proved that he was incapable of managing in the Premier League, that time has long since passed but these idiot owners still won't do what they should have done a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Venky's are the real problem.

Steve Kean just isn't up to it but Venky's are the ones who are putting him in a situation he can't get out of. Probably have something in his contract saying he can't quit either.

No I used them as the prime examples of managers with no experience that worked out.

You had no information to go on when you decided Kean was a no hoper except that he had no experience. Thats what I was saying to you. You would have been against Moruinho and Guardiola getting appointed too.

I was disgusted when they sacked Sam Allardyce and I was pretty much against Venkys from the get go but I support the club so I'm not going to be giving out about a manager until he has been given a chance. And when it was clear that he was not going to get sacked in the summer I decided that despite my doubts I would back him until such time as he proved that he was incapable of managing in the Premier League, that time has long since passed but these idiot owners still won't do what they should have done a long time ago.

So you are admiting to likening Kean to Mourinho and Guardiola then?

I did have information when I decided Kean was a no-hoper. I looked at the previous clubs he had worked at and his previous experience. Anyone who looked at that, could see the man shouldn't have been appointed. For god's sake, he wasn't even assistant manager, he was head coach.

So you are admiting to likening Kean to Mourinho and Guardiola then?

I did have information when I decided Kean was a no-hoper. I looked at the previous clubs he had worked at and his previous experience. Anyone who looked at that, could see the man shouldn't have been appointed. For god's sake, he wasn't even assistant manager, he was head coach.
    Can you not get it? I showed you examples of coaches with no experience who were successful, is it too difficult for you to understand that I'm giving examples here of coaches with no experience who actually were successful. I wasn't likening Kean to them in any way other than he was inexperienced just as they were when they got their first job as managers of clubs.

The information you had then was wrong. He was assistant manager at Fulham in the Premier League. Do you remember what Allardyce said when he hired him? He was raving about how he was in a different league to anybody else who had applied for the head coaching job. And he apparently refused the no.2 job at Chelsea under Scolari by the way.

Now before you go believing that I'm backing Steve Kean, I'm not and I've never really believed he was up to the job but thats after his first couple of games in charge last season and not before he even got an opportunity.

The way you go on there would never be an inexperienced manager. We would wait until all the experienced manager had died to give somebody a shot.

Can you not get it? I showed you examples of coaches with no experience who were successful, is it too difficult for you to understand that I'm giving examples here of coaches with no experience who actually were successful. I wasn't likening Kean to them in any way other than he was inexperienced just as they were when they got their first job as managers of clubs.

The information you had then was wrong. He was assistant manager at Fulham in the Premier League. Do you remember what Allardyce said when he hired him? He was raving about how he was in a different league to anybody else who had applied for the head coaching job. And he apparently refused the no.2 job at Chelsea under Scolari by the way.

Now before you go believing that I'm backing Steve Kean, I'm not and I've never really believed he was up to the job but thats after his first couple of games in charge last season and not before he even got an opportunity.

The way you go on there would never be an inexperienced manager. We would wait until all the experienced manager had died to give somebody a shot.

Yes, you showed examples of coaches with no experience and then referred to Steve Kean as another. So what's the problem with you admitting you likened Steve Kean to Guardiola and Mourinho?

And, as I countered then, and you couldn't respond to, Guardiola and Mourinho had worked with top management and top players at top clubs. Kean has not. He has absolutely no experience of the top level of football like those two do, and did when they first became managers. To even mention Kean's name in the same sentence as them is incomprehensible and I can't understand how you are logically still trying to stick by your point.

Where did I say he wasn't assistant manager at Fulham? I said he was head coach. Which he was at Blackburn. His last role before becoming manager. Yes, Allardyce raved about how the man was a good coach. There's a big difference between being a head coach and a manager, as Kean is showing.

As for Chelsea, he "apparently" refused the job. And, even if he did, he was "apparently" only offered the job because he could speak Portugese. I couldn't care less what he was offered at Chelsea anyway. It wasn't the manager's job anyway and it never will be.

Where did I say not to give inexperienced manager's a chance? I said I'd have no problem with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer taking over before. I'd even have no problem with Shearer tbh. These are men though who, like Guardiola and Mourinho, have worked with top managers and have experience of the game at the top level. Kean is way out of his depth. He can't even handle the press the idiot.

The man may be a good coach but he's a dreadful manager and I said that from the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Not been following Blackburn very closely but from looking at their results they haven't been too lucky. Beat Arsenal and losing to the likes of Wigan am I correct? There are some decent players at Blackburn, maybe a change of manager would do ye good.

Also wasn't the reason they got rid of their previous manager was because he wasn't good enough to take them to the next level yet they keep kean???

Samich wrote: »
    Not been following Blackburn very closely but from looking at their results they haven't been too lucky. Beat Arsenal and losing to the likes of Wigan am I correct? There are some decent players at Blackburn, maybe a change of manager would do ye good.

Also wasn't the reason they got rid of their previous manager was because he wasn't good enough to take them to the next level yet they keep kean???

Exactly. The problem isn't Kean, the problem is the owners Venkys. Venkys out!

Yes, you showed examples of coaches with no experience and then referred to Steve Kean as another. So what's the problem with you admitting you likened Steve Kean to Guardiola and Mourinho?
    You are trying to make it out like I said he was similar to them which I didn't. I was just showing you how stupid it was of you to suggest that inexperience means he couldn't do the job.
    And, as I countered then, and you couldn't respond to, Guardiola and Mourinho had worked with top management and top players at top clubs. Kean has not. He has absolutely no experience of the top level of football like those two do, and did when they first became managers. To even mention Kean's name in the same sentence as them is incomprehensible and I can't understand how you are logically still trying to stick by your point.

Where did I say he wasn't assistant manager at Fulham? I said he was head coach. Which he was at Blackburn. His last role before becoming manager. Yes, Allardyce raved about how the man was a good coach. There's a big difference between being a head coach and a manager, as Kean is showing.

As for Chelsea, he "apparently" refused the job. And, even if he did, he was "apparently" only offered the job because he could speak Portugese. I couldn't care less what he was offered at Chelsea anyway. It wasn't the manager's job anyway and it never will be.

Where did I say not to give inexperienced manager's a chance? I said I'd have no problem with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer taking over before. I'd even have no problem with Shearer tbh. These are men though who, like Guardiola and Mourinho, have worked with top managers and have experience of the game at the top level. Kean is way out of his depth. He can't even handle the press the idiot.

The man may be a good coach but he's a dreadful manager and I said that from the start.
    As you have pointed out and I did earlier, he worked in the Premier League as an assistant manager at Fulham. Whether you like it or not he had experience of working at the highest level in England.

You are now trying to change your argument to suggest that you were saying all along that he didn't work with 'top managers'.

• Advertisement

You are trying to make it out like I said he was similar to them which I didn't. I was just showing you how stupid it was of you to suggest that inexperience means he couldn't do the job.

As you have pointed out and I did earlier, he worked in the Premier League as an assistant manager at Fulham. Whether you like it or not he had experience of working at the highest level in England.

You are now trying to change your argument to suggest that you were saying all along that he didn't work with 'top managers'.

You talked about Kean being inexperienced and then went on to talk about Mourinho and Guardiola. If that's not comparing them, then what is?

You still don't seem to be getting my point. I countered back to you back then about working with top players, top managers at top clubs. I'm not chaning any argument or anything I said. It's been shown time and time again that inexperience doesn't work at Premier League level. Rickey Sbragia. Les Reed. Steve Kean.

You're arguing something which hindsight has already shown you were totally wrong to argue and you're still going. Do you realise how ludicrous that is?

Read back through my posts. I'm not changing any argument. I've always said the fella isn't fit for the job and he isn't. Assistant manager at Fulham or not, he doesn't have experience of working at the highest level, and that is being shown.

Kean is going to go down as the worst manager in PL history the way things are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Lemlin, I fail to see how you fail to see what Eagle Eye is saying.

Out of the cup to a championship side last night. The farce under Kean continues.

He then comes out and says that they "forfeited" the tie because there are important games coming up. What a way to motivate the players on the bench Stevo, tell them that you believe they aren't good enough to beat a Championship team.

G.K. wrote: »
    Lemlin, I fail to see how you fail to see what Eagle Eye is saying.

What's his point then? That Kean has experience because he was an assistant manager at Fulham? To me that isn't experience that warrants someone being given a manager's job.

If the lad had worked alongside a top manager at a top club, like Mourinho, Guardiola, Solksjaer, even McClaren when he got the 'Boro job, then it may be warranted but working alongside Chris Coleman at Fulham is not good enough experience, and Kean is showing that.

The likes of Ricky Sbragia and Les Reed have shown it in the past too.

Out of the cup to a championship side last night. The farce under Kean continues.

He then comes out and says that they "forfeited" the tie because there are important games coming up. What a way to motivate the players on the bench Stevo, tell them that you believe they aren't good enough to beat a Championship team.

I not so upset with CC, we were never going to win it and although I thought the win would do the squad good we real need to concentrate on the league. Bruce is gone so the ball in the axe race is now rolling. Anyone at the wrong end of the table should be worried.

Line in the sand has to be Saturday. If we dont beat Swansea then he will have to go, if he had any pride he would admit that the job is to big for him and walk away.

Team Line-up for today,

Samba back in the team is a big positive, Dunn is due a big game after letting the team down last time he ran out.

Massive game, nothing but 3 points will do, and lets hope it is coupled with defeats for Wigan and Bolton.

Blackburn

01 Robinson
    04 Samba
    05 Givet
    16 Dann
    08 Dunn
    10 Formica
    12 Pedersen
    35 Lowe
    20 Rochina
    23 Hoilett
    24 Yakubu

Substitutes

13 Bunn,
    31 Hanley,
    39 Henley,
    14 Petrovic,
    29 Vukcevic,
    25 Goodwillie,
    30 Roberts

• Advertisement

The Yak has been fed!

1-0, great work and movement for the goal, and a brilliant finish.

Top scorer with 7 on his own now, his signing looks better with every goal.

1-1 Lita scores with as headed effort, in the first Swansea chance I can remember,

2 defenders in positions where Lita should have been dealt with, poor defending and no clean sheet again.

Wigan and Bolton both losing, a win is a must!

Yakubu gets his second to put Blackburn 2-1 up,

instinctive positioning at the back post, gets his head on it and in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Yakubu again!

It's just insane how he can keep scoring.

Feed the yak!

• Advertisement

Yakubu has been hungry today, denied his hat trick by being offside, but not long after he nets it!

Hang on please!!

Have to be fair and say that the Yak has been an excellent buy. I didn't rate him at all but he has certainly been a very bright spark in a very bad season for us so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yakubu would have been the perfect signing for Sunderland actually. He's a goalscorer, plain and simple. I guess the only reason bigger teams didn't go for him was because of his injury record.

Superb signing for Blackburn.

3-2 now, another poor defensive showing,

Blackburn had sat back after the 3rd goal and have invited Swansea on once more.

Yes the Yak 4 goals what a man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

4 goals for Yakubu now!

As cool as you like with a penalty for his 4th, Yakubu!

Game changes in an instant, sending off for Allen with his second yellow, and a penalty comes not long after.

The Yak has gone crazy today.:)

Mission accomplished today, a victory and heavy defeats for Wigan and Bolton.

Time to build on this victory, Wolves play Sunderland tomorrow who are the two teams directly above Blackburn now.

Blackburn play Sunderland away next week, what a massive game that will be.

Simon played well when he came on for Rochina who I hope has not suffered too bad an injury.

Lowe had a very good game up against Sinclair for most of it too.

if we had simon in and dunn out for the remainder of the season, we'd not be too badly off. Vukcevic looked cracking when he was on!

• Advertisement

Blackburn play Sunderland away next week, what a massive game that will be.

Agreed. It should be a good one with a big crowd expected in attendance.

I'm confident we can get the 3 points as when a new manager arrives it usually raises the spirits and offers a bit of a ''honeymoon period'' for a few weeks.

Next week will be a totally different kettle of fish for Blackburn. Swansea are a poor team away from home and the Yak had a fantastic game.

Great to see a win but I hope we don't have to wait weeks for another. When you look at Blackburn's team, there is a very good spine to the side - Robinson, Dann, Samba, Pedersen, Dunn and Yakubu.

The problem is that we're still leaking goals. The defence just don't seem to be organised at all. Players like N'Zonzi have gone backwards too.

Swansea had scored 4 away goals so far this season yet got 2 against us. As previously said, Wigan have scored 30 goals in the calendar year with 7 against us. A defensive coach is needed badly.

Yet another game where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yesterday.

After about 70 minutes, I was really hoping that things were on the up and that we would be grabbing our first set of consecutive victories and a clean sheet.

Stats were shocking, Sunderland had 23 chances to our 2. Didnt deserve win. Now we have a story about the clubs bank debt and an unsackable manager with a 20% win rate. We have to beat Swansea. And then fecking Wigan get a win against WBA just to top off weekend.

our next two games are massive. Home to West Brom and Bolton. We absolutely have to win both games. Lose and its game over.

Another defeat to pile on the misery,

Shocking performance really, building on the terrible one at Sunderland.

Yakubu isolated, no pace on the counter attack, and what does he resort to? - bringing on Jason Roberts.

Massive, massive game next week.

Scott Dann reported to be out for 6 weeks now with a groin injury,

Just gets better!

Championship football here we come. It'll be years before Blackburn Rovers are seen near the PL again, if ever that is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

That's only if Venky's remain.

Advertisement