Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

The result yesterday could be a blessing in disguise -depending on how the board react. They need to ditch the dead wood and bring in a player or two with proper ability, hoping to beat Rangers on the cheap has failed 3 years in a row, if there is no decent investment in the team then I reckon the league will be Rangers' to lose.

Can't see much investment to be honest, in fact judging by Lennon's comments after the game about some players maybe not wanting to be here i reckon we could see one of our better players leave to help balance the books ala McGeady.

As you said we need to ditch the deadwood, guys like Murphy, Rasmussen & Samaras need to be punted, if they can't be relied on to get goals against the likes of St. Johnstone at home then they're not good enough.

Murphy going on loan to Ipswich for the rest of the season, hopefully that means we're looking for a forward.

Result tomorrow will decide how good or bad the replacement will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

RoryMac wrote: »
    Murphy going on loan to Ipswich for the rest of the season, hopefully that means we're looking for a forward.

Result tomorrow will decide how good or bad the replacement will be.

Hooah

Great news.

Well lads who's confident of progression tonight?

I think we have enough about us to see them off. Let's hope Kayal, Wilson and Hooper make it back, even the likes of Kayal coming off the bench would give us a lift.
    I'd also go with 5 in the midfield. Time and time again we get over run in Europe and concede a couple of early goals. Keep it tight in midfield.

This is how I'd set up barring everyone is fit.
    Stokes

McCourt
    Brown

Ledley
    Ki

Kayal

Wilson---Wilson---Wanyama---Cha

Forster

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Well lads who's confident of progression tonight?

I think we have enough about us to see them off. Let's hope Kayal, Wilson and Hooper make it back, even the likes of Kayal coming off the bench would give us a lift.
    I'd also go with 5 in the midfield. Time and time again we get over run in Europe and concede a couple of early goals. Keep it tight in midfield.

This is how I'd set up barring everyone is fit.
    Stokes

McCourt
    Brown

Ledley
    Ki

Kayal

Wilson---Wilson---Wanyama---Cha

Forster

I'm not hugely confident based on our away form to date, where even really mediocre sides can gub us fairly easily. On the plus side, I think the players will know just how important this game is and will give it everything.

As per usual, keeping our heads for the first 20 mins is crucial, an early goal for them will all but seal it. I hope even if there is an early Sion goal that the heads don't drop, as it doesn't really make that much difference in so far as we'd need to score anyway. So glad we at least didn't concede an away goal in Parkhead in that respect.

I'll be a lot happier and definitely more confident if we have Kayal and Hooper for this one. As for the 4-5-1 vs. 4-4-2 debate, I really don't know, if we were a goal up I'd be all for 4-5-1, but we really need to go for it tonight. I agree with leaving Dan out of the back 4, thought he got really freaked out on Sunday, and leaving Sammy out also.

Just please please please no howlers tonight Celtic! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

I am really hoping for a big reaction tonight to the last two poor results. We are more than capable of beating Sion tonight if we play to our potential.

Please god don't let me see Samaras tonight also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If the players pull their heads out of their arses then we will progress with ease.

With Kris Commons being one of the biggest culprits of lacklustre performances and attitude I think that McCourt should be given an opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Best of luck to both Celtic and Rangers tonight. For anyone that has even the remotest of knowledge of Scottish game, they would appreciate that progress into Europa League is absolutely essential for the Old Firm this evening. I have posted here ad naseum about the co-efficient in the past, but hopefully the realisation of the dire situation Scottish Football is in is dawning on people. Celtic fans who would cheer Rangers' exit this evening, and vice versa, clearly have no idea quite frankly. So hopefully both teams can get out there and qualify and go on to rack up some victories. Samaras should be no where near Celtic team, I was critical of him on here from day 1 and I wasn't wrong! He is an awful player and he has conned Celtic good and proper with that new contract. How could Celtic have been so stupid? One half decent performance against Rangers?:rolleyes:

In fairness to Samaras he played very well in several games in the final year of his contract. What didnt surprise me was the quick return to shítness once he signed a contract. He should really work on a year by year contract, he'd play better!

I understand the coefficients perfectly and I'll still laugh at Rangers if they loose to Maribor and no doubt the Rangers supporters will rub salt in the wounds if Celtic fail to turn up. Maybe its just beyond your comprehension to understand rivalry, maybe we'd have to use rugby analogies about Munster and Leinster for you to relate with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

Brewster wrote: »
    Best of luck to both Celtic and Rangers tonight. For anyone that has even the remotest of knowledge of Scottish game, they would appreciate that progress into Europa League is absolutely essential for the Old Firm this evening. I have posted here ad naseum about the co-efficient in the past, but hopefully the realisation of the dire situation Scottish Football is in is dawning on people. Celtic fans who would cheer Rangers' exit this evening, and vice versa, clearly have no idea quite frankly. So hopefully both teams can get out there and qualify and go on to rack up some victories. Samaras should be no where near Celtic team, I was critical of him on here from day 1 and I wasn't wrong! He is an awful player and he has conned Celtic good and proper with that new contract. How could Celtic have been so stupid? One half decent performance against Rangers?:rolleyes:

AGREED

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

henke wrote: »
    Please god don't let me see Samaras tonight also.

Never agreed with something so much in my life

Celtic team tonight is

Forster; Cha, K Wilson, Majstorovic, Mulgrew; Brown, Kayal, Ki, Ledley; Samaras & Hooper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Celtic team tonight is

Forster; Cha, K Wilson, Majstorovic, Mulgrew; Brown, Kayal, Ki, Ledley; Samaras & Hooper

I wonder what shape the team will be. It reads like 442, I hope not we could do with 5 in the middle just to starve them of possession and let us play in the style we're used to in the spl

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I wonder what shape the team will be. It reads like 442, I hope not we could do with 5 in the middle just to starve them of possession and let us play in the style we're used to in the spl

Yeah it reads like 4-4-2.
    Seems Lennon is looking for the early goal to kill the game. It does look like a solid enough midfield. Ledley on the left and Brown on the right.

We've some bench too. Commons, Stokes, McCourt and Forrest.

Yeah it reads like 4-4-2.
    Seems Lennon is looking for the early goal to kill the game. It does look like a solid enough midfield. Ledley on the left and Brown on the right.

We've some bench too. Commons, Stokes, McCourt and Forrest.

Sammy has played wide left a few times.

Enough quality there to do the job alright, hopefully we put this bit of bad form behind us and kick on.

Anyone know if the game is on anywhere?

Sammy has played wide left a few times.

Enough quality there to do the job alright, hopefully we put this bit of bad form behind us and kick on.

Anyone know if the game is on anywhere?

It's on Setanta Ireland. Should be a few streams knocking around. I'll post any good ones I find.

It's on Setanta Ireland. Should be a few streams knocking around. I'll post any good ones I find.

G'man

Celtic team tonight is

Oh god why is Samaras starting, I really hope he can show up tonight but I'm not too confident in him. Great to see Hooper back in the starting line up though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Oh god why is Samaras starting, I really hope he can show up tonight but I'm not too confident in him. Great to see Hooper back in the starting line up though.

So long as he's hooked early doors if he's not doing it I'm ok with that. Let's hope he's not left on five mins to go with a McCourt sub. If we haven't scored by the start of the second half, he'll have to be subbed early.

Agreed, Hopefully Hooper and the other 3 are fit enough. Kayal is a massive influence on the team.

Don't forget Dinamo Moscow either, Samaras came up with the goods that night :pac:
    PauloMN wrote: »
    So long as he's hooked early doors if he's not doing it I'm ok with that. Let's hope he's not left on five mins to go with a McCourt sub. If we haven't scored by the start of the second half, he'll have to be subbed early.

Absolutely Paddy needs time if he's going to come on and make an impact. It was a joke bringing him on with 5 mins to go last week.

• Advertisement

As good a team as we could put out, I think Sammy will start out wide and move forward when the game settles. As said before massive game for Celtic and plenty of options from the bench, maybe being on the bench will give Commons a kick up the arse, we could really do with him coming off the bench and showing some of last years form.

Feeling a little more confident now, tipping a 1-0 win for the good guys.

http://hqstreams.org.uk/

that link is working fine now.

Oh dear

holy god

Fcuk off :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

EH what the duce?! Rovers match on

Oh fcuk what a dreadful start

When is the court of arbitration ruling on Sion?

Sion to revert to what they used in CP and Celtic lack of quality striker options to come home to roost.

• Advertisement

Badabing wrote: »
    EH what the duce?!

goal down
    man down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Mother of god. That's us fecked, expect that we'll be pumped now

As per usual, keeping our heads for the first 20 mins is crucial, an early goal for them will all but seal it.

Fack!!!! :eek: What happened? Thought kick off was 7.45, just turned on and saw the score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Fack!!!! :eek: What happened? Thought kick off was 7.45, just turned on and saw the score.

Big(Desperate more like...) Dan took the last man out(alfonso or something was his name), straight red and penalty which was swiftly converted. Bhoys now looking like a shower of headless chickens of fire, this will be ugly.:(

Brown went down, looked a free, not given...they pump a long ball down the middle which cuts up open. Big Dan makes a rash tackle from behind. Man down a goal down, All after 42 seconds. The joys of Celtic in away in Europe eh..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Going to be hard for Celtic, but a 1-1 will do.

• Advertisement

Deary me. I'm never confident away from home in Europe, I certainly ain't now!

think commons needs to come on for sammy, no shape on the left

Our fans are making plenty of noise still-fair play

Another link lads, French commentary but working fine

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/80268/3/watch-fc-sion-vs-celtic.html

think commons needs to come on for sammy, no shape on the left

Our fans are making plenty of noise still-fair play

I agree with Commons but Hooper won't get any service now. I'd leave Sammy on through the middle and take off hoops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Why are Setanta showing Rovers game instead?!!

• Advertisement

Badabing wrote: »
    Why are Setanta showing Rovers game instead?!!

I was also wondering that :mad:

nice play ki

Celtic were right to play on after Wilson's excellent tackle, **** that kicking out the ball everytime a player gets abit of contact.

EDIT

LOL at the Sion player holding his nuts

"Dont rub 'em, count them!" :pac:

Encouraging finish to the half at least.

This mob aren't great at all, we're still in this.

getting back in it a bit.hopefully halftime wont break that momentum, sammy has had no workrate off the ball but has been a good targetman. hooper hasn't got in the game but he only needs a sniff at goal, hard to know if its worth replacing him with stokesey

lets go at them now for 45 minutes lads come on the hoops

Game has opened up now big time. Ki is getting a little joy breaking from the left.

Game has opened up now big time. Ki is getting a little joy breaking from the left.

he's gonna be the man to get us back in it

he's gonna be the man to get us back in it

Got that feeling too.

Hooper has to be hooked now imo for Commons or Paddy

Hooper needs to be hooked for Stokes imo

Samaras needs to be hooked also, Commons or Paddy, flip a coin!

That should be that..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement