Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not if they don't win they won't and hopefully I can watch leave the stadium very depressed ;)

Think you might be surprised them BBE. Win, lose or draw, I think the Celtic fans will be having a right good party over in yours! :D A loss would merely delay the inevitable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This is very interesting.....
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17467025

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

PauloMN wrote: »
    Think you might be surprised them BBE. Win, lose or draw, I think the Celtic fans will be having a right good party over in yours! :D A loss would merely delay the inevitable.

I doubt it, there may still be a slim chance you'll win the league but losing a game against your rivals will ALWAYS hurt :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Dempsey wrote: »
    Thats true :D

Didnt expect that comment to draw the knives though! :pac:

Knives....nah, i'm a pacifist. :)

I'm just getting too used to the conflict on here tbh, it's expected nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Why are these chairmen hiding behind anonymous comments to the media rather than involving Celtic in the discussions? How do they expect anyone to listen them when they are being so disrespectful? I'm all for change but they are starting to look like clowns with this style of goading. If they consider this method democratic then they are off their nut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Why are these chairmen hiding behind anonymous comments to the media rather than involving Celtic in the discussions? How do they expect anyone to listen them when they are being so disrespectful? I'm all for change but they are starting to look like clowns with this style of goading. If they consider this method democratic then they are off their nut!

Funnily enough i actually agree with this - although at the same time, as a bluenose, i'm delighted that Celtic arent involved as it would kill us.

Asked whether the situation threatened potential civil war between the 10 and the Old Firm, one chairman told BBC Scotland: "It's not potential civil war. It's on."
    A third chairman told BBC Scotland: "The rest of us are fed up of the Old Firm.

My money's on Romanov from Hearts and Thompson from Dundee United.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Funnily enough i actually agree with this - although at the same time, as a bluenose, i'm delighted that Celtic arent involved as it would kill us.
    It is understood that potential buyers of the Ibrox club may be put off by any uncertainty over future revenue.

It could kill ye either way.

Totally agree. Chairmen all bigging themselves up when they can hide behind anonimity.

When it comes to the crunch, we'll see what they can do. They'll need to thread very carefully as it could backfire on them bigtime.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I doubt it, there may still be a slim chance you'll win the league but losing a game against your rivals will ALWAYS hurt :P

Course it would hurt, but nothing a bit of jelly and ice cream won't sort out. ;)

Thought that was reserved for when we 'die' ? ;)

Seems like it's melting a bit ;)

Thought that was reserved for when we 'die' ? ;)

Seems like it's melting a bit ;)

Better to have you wounded for a few seasons than dead imo. :D

Why ? Thought you didn't need us ? :pac:

Seems like the other 10 clubs will try and force through a change to the voting system, where 2 clubs can no longer hold back the majority.

Why ? Thought you didn't need us ? :pac:

Seems like the other 10 clubs will try and force through a change to the voting system, where 2 clubs can no longer hold back the majority.

Needing or not needing Rangers is irrelevant, we just have to see what happens in the end. I've always been consistent in my views on Rangers going out of business.

As for the other 10 clubs, I can't wait to see how this pans out. If Rangers and Celtic are out of the picture when some big decision comes down the line, I can just see what will happen. Some of the bigger egos (like Romanov or Thompson etc.) will start pushing for this and that, and all of a sudden the 10 will no longer be united. It'll all go tits up, but it'll affect the other 10 clubs much more than it will affect Celtic. I'll laugh my balls off if - I mean when - this 10 club thing falls to pieces.

They still need a 11:1 to get their changes through. You cannot just wish the current rules away, although Rangers did try it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. They will be up for it and will throw the kitchen sink at us from the start, they only have pride to play for. They will probably try to put the boot in, so we will need all our strongest players to stand up to the *****. Once we weather that early storm, our superiority should count and we should win the game.

Here's the team I'd start with:

Forster
    Matthews Rogne Mulgrew Izzaguire
    Brown Wanyama Ledley Samaras
    Stokes Hooper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. They will be up for it and will throw the kitchen sink at us from the start, they only have pride to play for. They will probably try to put the boot in, so we will need all our strongest players to stand up to the *****. Once we weather that early storm, our superiority should count and we should win the game.

Forster
    Stokes Hooper

I think stokes might get the chop with sammy going up top and Forrest on the left maybe.

Hopefully Lenny has put a rocket up their arses this week in training as the last few performances have dipped from the standards set earlier this year.

Herself looked puzzled when I was loading packs of Jelly into the trolley in the shop yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Forster
    Stokes Hooper

That would be my team as well.

Still a ? over Izzy for me, I dont think he is anywhere near what he was last season.

• Advertisement

Madam wrote: »

No need, I got my party hat ready:

union%20jack%20cowboy%20hat2.jpg

Not that I expect much from this game, too many injuries and players missing from the team that beat you 4-2 earlier.

Ha! I just knew you had a 'proper' sense of humour

The game on Sunday should be interesting, I'm thinking Rangers 0 - Celtic 1 if they are very, very lucky!

I know I won't be able to eat or drink that day 'till its over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

No need, I got my party hat ready:

union%20jack%20cowboy%20hat2.jpg

Not that I expect much from this game, too many injuries and players missing from the team that beat you 4-2 earlier.

Getting your excuses in early aren't ya? I expect that it will be a very competitive game especially from the start. I expect that Lenny and The Bhoys know that too, and will have a plan to weather the early storm and then put our superiority to good use and beat ye out the gate:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I think stokes might get the chop with sammy going up top and Forrest on the left maybe.

Hopefully Lenny has put a rocket up their arses this week in training as the last few performances have dipped from the standards set earlier this year.

Herself looked puzzled when I was loading packs of Jelly into the trolley in the shop yesterday :D

Not sure that Forrest will be fit enough to start Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Better to have you wounded for a few seasons than dead imo. :D

Not for me. Personally I want to see them go to the wall. Beyond that though the most important point is that all their cheating over the last 20 odd years gets fully exposed and all the titles they cheated to win are stripped from the record books.

eire4 wrote: »
    Not for me. Personally I want to see them go to the wall. Beyond that though the most important point is that all their cheating over the last 20 odd years gets fully exposed and all the titles they cheated to win are stripped from the record books.

The powers that be in Scotland(especially the SFA) will never allow that to happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17480035

Celtic will fight the 10 non-Old Firm clubs' efforts to change the Scottish Premier League voting structure.
    Chief executive Peter Lawwell has described as "disrespectful" the secret meetings of the 10.

I agree that the current form of "talks" is ridiculous and completely disrespectful. It seems that Celtic are open to changes that would improve Scottish Football but the voting system will be the deal breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

eire4 wrote: »

Of course you will want proof of this cheating and the club to be found guilty of charges before this happens ;)

And of course the doings of ALL clubs should then be out in the open, such as gate receipts allegedly disappearing into the pockets of the Kelly family ;)
    Or the alleged reporting attendances lower than they actually were ;)

[/B]
    Of course you will want proof of this cheating and the club to be found guilty of charges before this happens ;)

Did ye not get that strongly worded letter from Regan?

....only a matter of time before the SFA crack this one wide open :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

And of course the doings of ALL clubs should then be out in the open, such as gate receipts allegedly disappearing into the pockets of the Kelly family ;)
    Or the alleged reporting attendances lower than they actually were ;)

Ah it all makes sense, I was thinking there couldn't only be
    17,822 at an important cup game at Ibrokes. ;)

See ? You DO have a sense of humor ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Fever starting to kick in now for Sunday.

Am thinking
    Forster
    Matthews Rogne Wanyama Mulgrew
    Broon9 Ki ;) Ledley Samaras
    Hooper Stokes

Fever starting to kick in now for Sunday.

Am thinking
    Forster
    Matthews Rogne Wanyama Mulgrew
    Broon9 Ki ;) Ledley Samaras
    Hooper Stokes

I wouldn't mind starting Ki either but I wouldn't be surprised to see the same team that started Sunday if everyone is fit.
    With the squad we have it's always very hard to predict.

I'd like to see Hooper and Stokes get a go though. Every time we play them Stokes always drops out, hopefully that won't be the case Sunday.

In the last 2 games, Lennon has reverted to that backline. Maybe its time to just start with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I reckon the team will be something like this

Forster
    Matthews Rogne Mulgrew Ledley
    Brown Ki Wanyama Samaras
    Hooper Stokes

I thought Wilson looked short of match fitness on Sunday so I'd prefer Wanyama or Mulgrew to start, I'd go with Wanyama in the middle from the start to break up their play and give better protection to the back 4.

I think the game will be tighter than some think, as said by others Rangers will most likely start very strong and we'll need to impose ourselves on the game early.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    I'd like to see Hooper and Stokes get a go though. Every time we play them Stokes always drops out, hopefully that won't be the case Sunday.

I kinda agree there. Had this been a full strength Rangers, I'd probably drop him to the bench and partner Hooper with Samaras, but it's worth a shot this time. I'm sure he'd be gunning to get one on Sunday anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I kinda agree there. Had this been a full strength Rangers, I'd probably drop him to the bench and partner Hooper with Samaras, but it's worth a shot this time. I'm sure he'd be gunning to get one on Sunday anyway!

That's why I would not hide, but field an attack minded starting XI. But maybe I would play Samaras up front, he is always good for a goal against them;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

It will be a close game. Although we haven't been on the best of form lately (neither have they lol) I don't see us losing 2 games in a row.

• Advertisement

On paper we should beat them easily but it never happens that way.

How many times in the past few seasons have we dominated these games and not got the three points?
    If we were to score an early goal I think we'll take a few off them but if they get to half time level, like Kilmarnock on Sunday, the more of a chance they have of nicking something.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

killie one up on motherwell!

league title party tomorrow it's looking like :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Party time tomorrow :)

Kilmarnock 2 up against Motherwell

The police commander for tomorrows match wont be getting much sleep tonight

He shouldn't be worried, no way you can 'fall' off the top tier at Ibrox or get on the pitch without being caught ;)

He shouldn't be worried, no way you can 'fall' off the top tier at Ibrox or get on the pitch without being caught ;)

Last thing today we need is fan safety jibes from Rangers fans

• Advertisement

Seriously, tell that guy who keep ****ting in your cereals to knock it off.

That, or chill the **** out.

Seriously, tell that guy who keep ****ting in your cereals to knock it off.

That, or chill the **** out.

You are about as funny as a broken leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

The police commander for tomorrows match wont be getting much sleep tonight

hopefully all the bhoys going to the match get out of there without getting hurt, at the end of the day it's a football match and we're going to win the league anyways. i fear some of the rangers fans will be out for blood tomorrow. lenny will need protecting too I fear.

hopefully all the bhoys going to the match get out of there without getting hurt, at the end of the day it's a football match and we're going to win the league anyways. i fear some of the rangers fans will be out for blood tomorrow. lenny will need protecting too I fear.

If anything will happen it will be far away from the ground, in and around the pubs at night etc.

Please, please, please, just win tomorrow Celtic, I would absolutely love it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement