Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow now. Celtic should need absolutely no motivation for this one. Should be a good game and I expect Rangers will make it a game. Really hoping for victory though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

PauloMN wrote: »
    Please, please, please, just win tomorrow Celtic, I would absolutely love it.

In Kevin Keegan style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

2-0 Celtic tomorrow

the better team will win in end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

You beat me to it ADIG! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

2-0 Celtic tomorrow

the better team will win in end.
    Craig Whyte to score the winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Celtic, please give us a win tomorow. We don't care how, just get it done.

Is lubo gone over to the game this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Dempsey wrote: »

No idea, if he is then he'll know to be careful... jelly and ice cream could easily sell out there tomorrow. I'm sure he brought reserves..

Glasgow could burn to the ground without jelly and icecream tomorrow. Maybe the Strathclyde police will be handing it out instead of their usual sour grapes! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Sure am mate, hardly slept a wink last night with excitement :D

• Advertisement

Can't beat nice weather outside and Old Firm Sunday :). C'mon Bhoys give us a day to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

big day for samaras to step it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Well that sucked.

Team that wanted it more won it. Simple enough.

hugh dallas calum murray did do them about 1,690 favours today though. But even still, that was an unmitigated disaster, only for Rogne and Broony it would have been a total embarassment and we'd be getting a lot of questions about the legitimacy of the title.

**** rangers, i hope we absolutely batter the horrible ***** in may and the game ends up being scheduled as the last home one (some chance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't know, but for some reason I think, we were afraid to win the title at the bigot dome :(

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Don't know, but for some reason I think, we were afraid to win the title at the bigot dome :(

I'm literally sick though. Like how many times in the 90s did they kick us when we were down... gazza's flute, the mock huddle in the hugh dallas game, that game in general... yet when we have the opportunity to really put the hurting on them like they did to us in the 90s we give them something to put in their history books as "a remarkable show of defiance" that they'll harp on about for years...:mad:

Poor performance. Can't complain about the result really. Very disappointed.

spiralism wrote: »
    I'm literally sick though. Like how many times in the 90s did they kick us when we were down... gazza's flute, the mock huddle in the hugh dallas game, that game in general... yet when we have the opportunity to really put the hurting on them like they did to us in the 90s we give them something to put in their history books as "a remarkable show of defiance" that they'll harp on about for years...:mad:

We were just too nice today. It wouldn't surprise me, if we would give them some kind of donation, so that they can pay their cleaning staff for today's match ;)

henke wrote: »

Gutted. Essentially we went there to take the piss and have a title party and we ended up with egg on our faces. If they won 3-0 we'd have looked like the biggest idiots in football so thank good for broony and rogne saving face. Also, get to **** Calum Murray, that was about as inept a refereeing display i've ever seen. Totally shat himself in the Ibrox atmosphere.

As i said in the match thread and got heavily flamed for, we'd definitely get a few questions asked about the validity of this title(legit or not) if we lost that to a threadbare rangers side by 3 or more goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hard luck lads! Best team won on the day. It would have been a fantastic moment in Celtic's history to win the league at the home of their great rivals but Celtic blew it. My friend still talks about the day Rangers won the league at Parkhead back in 1999, it was before my time and was a fantastic day for Rangers and a terrible day for Celtic. Considering Rangers didn't have a fit striker today, I thought they were fantastic. Re the big decisions, Cha deserved to be sent off, Wallace would have got a shot away so that is a goal scoring opportunity and Cha must go. The 2nd Rangers goal was a 50 50 call re the offside, may have been marginally off, but considering the luck Rangers had in last Old Firm game, Rangers deserved the call as the attacking team and the old saying that things even themselves out over the season rings true. It was an impossible call for assistant tef. I thought Wanyama should have been sent off first half when he kicked Aluko, so Celtic can't have any complaints. I really enjoyed that game, fantastic game to watch for the neutral and a great advert for the excitement of an Old Firm derby! I thought Aluko and McCullough were immense, the Celtic back four couldn't handle them. Unfortunately this is another big occasion that Celtic have bottled, their 2nd in a space of a week. I hope Rangers can get their future sorted, I look forward to many more of these derbies.

• Advertisement

Brewster wrote: »
    The 2nd Rangers goal was a 50 50 call re the offside, may have been marginally off,

Here we go, he was well offside. No 50 50 about it

spiralism wrote: »
    henke wrote: »

Gutted. Essentially we went there to take the piss and have a title party and we ended up with egg on our faces. If they won 3-0 we'd have looked like the biggest idiots in football so thank good for broony and rogne saving face. Also, get to **** Calum Murray, that was about as inept a refereeing display i've ever seen. Totally shat himself in the Ibrox atmosphere.

As i said in the match thread and got heavily flamed for, we'd definitely get a few questions asked about the validity of this title(legit or not) if we lost that to a threadbare rangers side by 3 or more goals.

Unfortunately, after today Spirialism I have to agree. From my perspective and that of any neutral,It would have been great to see how title would have panned out had not Rangers not had the points deducted. With Caley Thistle, Kilmarnock and now today that is a hatrick of big games blown. When the big games come along, Celtic have bottled them all. Today was an embarrassment, Rangers didn't have a fit striker to start. They were forced to play a kid McCabe who I'd never heard of, and he bossed game till he went off injured! He was up against Ki who was awful, Ki is not a 10m pound player! Any Celtic fan who claimed he was needs a head examination!

The 2nd Rangers goal was a 50 50 call re the offside, may have been marginally off,

Here we go, he was well offside. No 50 50 about it

He was not well offside ADIG, it was an impossible call for ref to make. It was a bit like the goal that Rangers had disallowed in last Old Firm game, you cant blame the officials. You are not going to get a more marginal offside/onside call in a game..

He was not well offside ADIG, it was an impossible call for ref to make. It was a bit like the goal that Rangers had disallowed in last Old Firm game, you cant blame the officials. You are not going to get a more marginal offside/onside call in a game..

Would this be the same officials who flagged Stokes offside when bearing down on McGregor when he was on earlier in the game?

Wallace was offside for their 2nd goal.

Would this be the same officials who flagged Stokes offside when bearing down on McGregor when he was on earlier in the game?

Wallace was offside for their 2nd goal.

ADIG, officials are not going to get every decision correct. Stokes was bearing down on the byline mate! It was a call that went against Celtic. As you know, they are some Celtic fans who thrive on ref paranoia! No need to add fuel to the fire! Wanyama earlier in game, and Brown could both have been sent off with kicks off the ball on Aluko! The ref, like last week, didn't cost Celtic the game... The manager and players did unfortunately. I think Celtic fans have to man up.

ADIG, officials are not going to get every decision correct. Stokes was bearing down on the byline mate! It was a call that went against Celtic. As you know, they are some Celtic fans who thrive on ref paranoia! No need to add fuel to the fire! Wanyama earlier in game, and Brown could both have been sent off with kicks off the ball on Aluko! The ref, like last week, didn't cost Celtic the game... The manager and players did unfortunately. I think Celtic fans have to man up.

Listen Brewster, of course Lennon and the players cost the game today. When you come out with stuff like '50 50 marginal' when it was not. A more apt thing to say was 'The 2nd Rangers goal had some luck as Wallace looked offside but in my opinion the officials would have found it difficult to give it'. that would be much closer to the truth than the 50 50 nonsense you came out with in your match report.

• Advertisement

Not long from now, and there will be celebrations, believe me ;)

Listen Brewster, of course Lennon and the players cost the game today. When you come out with stuff like '50 50 marginal' when it was not. A more apt thing to say was 'The 2nd Rangers goal had some luck as Wallace looked offside but in my opinion the officials would have found it difficult to give it'. that would be much closer to the truth than the 50 50 nonsense you came out with in your match report.

ADIG, at the time of watching replay on sky, it looked a 50 50 call. It was the closest of calls. You clearly don't agree and feel he was well offside. Till I see it again perhaps, I stand by this. Picking me up on this is ridiculous to be frank.

Lars1916 wrote: »

Not long from now, and there will be celebrations, believe me ;)

Well even this Celtic team can't blow this lead Lars!! Celtic will be champions, no question. Looking ahead to the Champions League qualifiers concers me a little, they have shown no ability to win these big one off games and this must change starting with a Scottish cup win...

Well even this Celtic team can't blow this lead Lars!! Celtic will be champions, no question. Looking ahead to the Champions League qualifiers concers me a little, they have shown no ability to win these big one off games and this must change starting with a Scottish cup win...

No doubt about that, but still. I took a day off work to celebrate the title, could have got a decent Sunday premium pay. Maybe that's why I'm even more disappointed :(

Don't think I've ever seen this thread so quiet after an Old Firm game! Bhoys you are still going to win league! What really disappointed me was the lack of motivation in Celtic team today. I know a guy who travelled over to game and paid big money for a ticket, he is on dole, and can't really be doing these things but he felt it was worth it when Rangers lost last week. He will feel robbed today and not by ref either! I thought Ki was a joke! Samaras and Forster were only players who turned up, without these two it could have been five or six. I have given Samaras pelters on here and rightly so, but he was brilliant today, so hats off to him. Just shows he can play when his heart is in it. What about Brown? Spent the afternoon kicking anything that moved and he should have been sent off. I thought Stokes had a great chance to equalise and change game but he bottled it too. Failure after failure in that Celtic team today bar the two mentioned above. Are these guys ready to perform in the Champions League next year? Hmmmm

• Advertisement

Don't think I've ever seen this thread so quiet after an Old Firm game! Bhoys you are still going to win league! What really disappointed me was the lack of motivation in Celtic team today. I know a guy who travelled over to game and paid big money for a ticket, he is on dole, and can't really be doing these things but he felt it was worth it when Rangers lost last week. He will feel robbed today and not by ref either! I thought Ki was a joke! Samaras and Forster were only players who turned up, without these two it could have been five or six. I have given Samaras pelters on here and rightly so, but he was brilliant today, so hats off to him. Just shows he can play when his heart is in it. What about Brown? Spent the afternoon kicking anything that moved and he should have been sent off. I thought Stokes had a great chance to equalise and change game but he bottled it too. Failure after failure in that Celtic team today bar the two mentioned above. Are these guys ready to perform in the Champions League next year? Hmmmm

No, they are not. Short but sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

Don't think I've ever seen this thread so quiet after an Old Firm game!

the drama all happened on the match thread :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Ready...no

Capable...yes

You always manage to find the time to log in when Celtic lose Brewster. As cormac from Tallafornia would say 'The stir has been stirred'

I dont know where you were all season but this Celtic team were immense up untill 2 weeks ago and that includes playing against decent European teams.

And to answer your next post, no Rangers should not be let off the hook for the good of scottish football cos you dont think celtic are not up to CL standard. :rolleyes:

bobmalooka wrote: »

Ready...no

Capable...yes

You always manage to find the time to log in when Celtic lose Brewster. As cormac from Tallafornia would say 'The stir has been stirred'

I dont know where you were all season but this Celtic team were immense up untill 2 weeks ago and that includes playing against decent European teams.

And to answer your next post, no Rangers should not be let off the hook for the good of scottish football cos you dont think celtic are not up to CL standard. :rolleyes:

I try and find time to post here after every Old Firm game. They are four football matches I look forward to every season, please check back, if you doubt me. I try to give my honest assessment of game. I have been around all season and Lenny has done a great job which is on the record here, however, that doesn't mean I am going to spare the team today and their lack of performance.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Interesting you mention Brown, but fail to mention Whittaker's two rugby tackles among others. Interesting you also fail to mention the fact that Samaras was kicked up and down the park all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Interesting you mention Brown, but fail to mention Whittaker's two rugby tackles among others. Interesting you also fail to mention the fact that Samaras was kicked up and down the park all day long.

Oh FFs thats all Wanyama did all day every time he was near a player in blue he had a kick

Oh FFs thats all Wanyama did all day every time he was near a player in blue he had a kick

Interesting. You only see the other team's players butchering around ;)

Which sometimes applies to both sides of Glasgow

Paul, Brown is Celtic captain and should be doing more to lead his team. Yes Samaras was unlucky not to get a free kick or two, but that's football. It happens. The Celtic fans should be questioning why most of their team didn't turn up on the most important game in years. The ref got all the big decisions spot on, there is some debate over 2nd goal granted but these things happen and that was assistants call.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Paul, Brown is Celtic captain and should be doing more to lead his team. Yes Samaras was unlucky not to get a free kick or two, but that's football. It happens. The Celtic fans should be questioning why most of their team didn't turn up on the most important game in years. The ref got all the big decisions spot on, there is some debate over 2nd goal granted but these things happen and that was assistants call.

They are, if you chose to read the posts. But like always, you focus on posts about the refs, and ridicule the Celtic fans over them, time and time again.

By the way, just out of interest, why do you reckon today was the most important game in years? :confused:

Also, you will see that I and others have questioned Brown's suitability for this match. But don't let that get in the way of the Celtic bashing. :rolleyes:

They are, if you chose to read the posts. But like always, you focus on posts about the refs, and ridicule the Celtic fans over them, time and time again.

By the way, just out of interest, why do you reckon today was the most important game in years? :confused:

Also, you will see that I and others have questioned Brown's suitability for this match. But don't let that get in the way of the Celtic bashing. :rolleyes:

It's four years since Celtic last won title, and they have the chance to win it at the home of their great rivals. I would have thought it was their biggest game?!

Sorry Paul, two pages of reading the match thread angered me. Not aimed at you, so apologies. You are one of the more informed Celtic posters on here.

• Advertisement

It's four years since Celtic last won title, and they have the chance to win it at the home of their great rivals. I would have thought it was their biggest game?!

Sorry Paul, two pages of reading the match thread angered me. Not aimed at you, so apologies. You are one of the more informed Celtic posters on here.

Well it's easy to criticise Celtic's performance today, and EVERY Celtic fan has agreed they were well below par.

As regards the most important match thing, it wasn't as important as a match that was crucial to win the league. This is not to make any excuse, but it was not a crucial game to win - that's the fact of the matter. Had we absolutely needed to win, I think you'd have seen a different mentality. Like I say, that doesn't make me any happier about the situation, but that's the fact of the matter.

It was a hell of a lot more important for Rangers to get the win today, and they did that, so fair play to them. I hope the likes of Wanyama can learn from it.

Well it's easy to criticise Celtic's performance today, and EVERY Celtic fan has agreed they were well below par.

As regards the most important match thing, it wasn't as important as a match that was crucial to win the league. This is not to make any excuse, but it was not a crucial game to win - that's the fact of the matter. Had we absolutely needed to win, I think you'd have seen a different mentality. Like I say, that doesn't make me any happier about the situation, but that's the fact of the matter.

It was a hell of a lot more important for Rangers to get the win today, and they did that, so fair play to them. I hope the likes of Wanyama can learn from it.

Paul, I read a couple of pages in match thread and I stopped at the 'establishment' nonsense. There are fans posting there who believe that the ref cost them the game. Then one poster accused me of only posting on here when Celtic lose!!! More rubbish, I post here after every Old Firm game regardless of the result and have done so since I became a member of soccer forum. Of course Celtic didn't need to win today, however, it would have been great for the fans and all those that made huge efforts to get to the game at huge expense in some cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Paul, I read a couple of pages in match thread and I stopped at the 'establishment' nonsense. There are fans posting there who believe that the ref cost them the game. Then one poster accused me of only posting on here when Celtic lose!!! More rubbish, I post here after every Old Firm game regardless of the result and have done so since I became a member of soccer forum. Of course Celtic didn't need to win today, however, it would have been great for the fans and all those that made huge efforts to get to the game at huge expense in some cases.

In fairness that is only one poster, he's our keith if you like:)

Noted!

"Our Keith".... couldn't have put it better! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Brewster, where were you with the compliments when we were on a great winning run, when we humped Hertz 4-0 etc. So fkn predictable.

Fk you Motherwell we're gonna win the league. Great buzz today when they scored their 2nd and 3rd goals, we jumped about and sang and cheered as if we'd scored ourselves, the manky mob never knew what to do.

I'm sorry PauloMN, i'll have to disagree (I'm not happy at the body language)

We didnt need to win, we didnt need to do x,y,z today...but we should have sowed it into them. There is no getting away from the fact that we fluffed it.

Yea, we will win the SPL, we are favourites for the Scottish Cup, but we arent "hard nosed". I could spend the day talking about players that failed celtic but i rather say well done to rangers, ally mccoist and the players that played out of their skin today. Well deserved. Neil Lennon has alot to answer for because he should have been better,

/rant :pac:

I'm sorry PauloMN, i'll have to disagree (I'm not happy at the body language)

We didnt need to win, we didnt need to do x,y,z today...but we should have sowed it into them. There is no getting away from the fact that we fluffed it.

Yea, we will win the SPL, we are favourites for the Scottish Cup, but we arent "hard nosed". I could spend the day talking about players that failed celtic but i rather say well done to rangers, ally mccoist and the players that played out of their skin today. Well deserved. Neil Lennon has alot to answer for because he should have been better,

/rant :pac:

I'm not saying we shouldn't have beaten them - I also said there's no excuses. But to me, it wasn't an "important game" in the traditional sense. ICT away last season was an important game in that regard. Not getting even a draw in that game basically cost us a title. That was an important game. Killie last week was an important game - we missed out on silverware there (although I think we played ok there, Bell had an outstanding game for them).

I agree we don't boss teams like Rangers can and that's something we need to get better at. We were lacking something yesterday, and I think a lot of that is down to Lennon's team selection yesterday. It's definitely something we need to work on. Smith had an excellent ability to do that with limited resources, and McCoist mirrored that yesterday.

However.... :) ultimately it's all about trophies. Our goal is to win trophies, and we're on course to pick up the SPL title for the first time in years, and hopefully a Scottish Cup to sit beside it. Individual results like yesterday, while disappointing, are soon forgotten. I certainly won't be giving Rangers - or yesterday - a second thought when our players deservedly lift the SPL title in a week or two.

I suppose it all depends on your outlook. To me, beating Rangers in the league every time is not the be all and end all. Maybe I'm different to a lot of Celtic fans in that regard. Of course I'm disappointed, but I'll get over it very quickly. As soon as we went down to 9 yesterday, I was kinda already over it as the contest was then over. Take it on the chin and move on. Hopefully some of the young players (I'm looking at you Wanyama) learn from the experience and take the game more seriously next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Didn't seem like that for the Celtic fans who went to the game.

Not to mention how they've been ramping up the pressure over the last few weeks to win it at Ibrox.

• Advertisement

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Didn't seem like that for the Celtic fans who went to the game.

Not to mention how they've been ramping up the pressure over the last few weeks to win it at Ibrox.

Who have been ramping up the pressure? You going to blame Celtic now for what the media do? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement