Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Aberdeen v Celtic -Neil Simpsons testimonial supposedly confirmed !!!

24th May Pittodrie 7..45

Can't wait to hear the songs that are sung that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Eirebear wrote: »
    Can't wait to hear the songs that are sung that night.

Why? Do you want to join in for a little sing-along? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

I do wish they'd stop with the testimonials, unless the money goes to a charity/charities I can't see the point of them as most footballers or in this case a coach who earns enough imo:( Why not give him a nice holiday or a wee watch with his name on - recognition enough - not money from hard up fans!

[QUOTE=Madam;77960869]I do wish they'd stop with the testimonials, unless the money goes to a charity/charities I can't see the point of them as most footballers or in this case a coach who earns enough imo:( Why not give him a nice holiday or a wee watch with his name on - recognition enough - not money from hard up fans![/QUOTE]

Who says, that Lenny won't give the money to a good cause?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Madam wrote: »
    I do wish they'd stop with the testimonials, unless the money goes to a charity/charities I can't see the point of them as most footballers or in this case a coach who earns enough imo:( Why not give him a nice holiday or a wee watch with his name on - recognition enough - not money from hard up fans!

No one forces the fans to go and those that do go to show their appreciation in person to a player who has been seen as a good servant to the club. I'm sure the players themselves prefer a warm send off from a big crowd of supporters having a good time along with one last opportunity to wear the club strip rather than getting an envelop in the door with tickets for a week's holiday in Spain compliments of the club.

If a man spends 10 or so years putting maximum effort in for a club and it's supporters, no doubt incurring numerous injuries in the process which often come back to affect him in later life then I think a testimonial is a very fitting tribute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Anyone going to Killie tomorrow? They took a right good humping at St Mirren last week, hope they keep that form up :)
    I'm on the Larne-Troon ferry, not the best choice of transport given the rangers are at home and the ferry will be full of them

Celtic Rangers game on 29th April is sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Shocker :)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Shocker :)

Probably because it will be the last one, next season will be Celtic v newco whoever.

tune in Bhoys http://www.spreaker.com/show/oaoradioshow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

K. Wilson and Loovens at centre back..... yikes! :eek:

'Mon bhoys, let's get this won.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

YAAAAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a header from Mulgrew!!

That pitch is a disgrace. Hopefully they do spend the extra money from 3 full stands of Celtic fans on it.

Loovens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0-2

• Advertisement

Cracking cross from Mulgrew and great header from Loovens

Nice message to Burley from the Celtic fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Great start to this game :). We have full control of this game. Is this the day the SPL finally returns to Paradise :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Mulgrew, POTY

• Advertisement

What a goal by Mulgrew!!

Mulgrew. What a hero :)

Fantastic from Mulgrew, 0-3!!!!

CHAMPIONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super save by Bell

Dempsey wrote: »
    Super save by Bell

2nd great save today. He's a decent keeper, cheeky wee bid over the summer and ditch Zaluska? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Thought I'd get in and disappear again before the glory hunters show up.

Congrats lads, Paul, Dempsey, Rory, Lubo etc.

Enjoy your day!

Fans absolutely brilliant. "Glasgows Green and White"

What a cross by Mulgrew!! Great finish by hooper

0-4, Hooper. The Celts are doing this in style.

It been a long time coming. I am LOVING this! :D

PauloMN wrote: »
    0-4, Hooper. The Celts are doing this in style.

It been a long time coming. I am LOVING this! :D

Pity they didnt play like this in the cup final :(

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Pity they didnt play like this in the cup final :(

I thought they played ok in the cup final to be fair. Bell had an absolute stormer. Not much you can do about that, sometimes you have those days.

It ain't going to take the gloss off today!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

any decent link for this lads? Cant get it anywhere

any decent link for this lads? Cant get it anywhere

http://mypremium.tv/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Champions :D

Mulgrew, what do you say. His second goal a thing of beauty, lovely touch with his left and then what a finish with his right.
    Fans are rocking the place too. The 'come on you boys in green' chant was fking brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Well that's one way to answer the critics!

Loving the fans today! Great to hear the old favourites about King Henrik and the Holy Goalie mixed in with the newer tunes!

Passing the Trophy when Rangers die :D

Muldini off today, best i've ever seen him play in a Celtic shirt, he was incredible. Has to be player of the year

0-5, Ledley. :D Nice way to finish this up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Delighted by that today, fitting that mulgrew got 2, can't think of a player more deserving a league medal. Thrilled for ledley too, the guy has been outstanding this season where ever he has played.

Enjoy the party Bhoys!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Last two goals :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I would like to offer my congratulations to all the decent Celtic supporters on here on their team winning the league.

Have a great day and enjoy your celebrations

BBE

Congrats Celtic FC, deserved league winners. There's a good young squad there, I hope we can keep the core of it together. I hope it makes them hungry for more, it will definitely improve Lenny as a manager.

Enjoy the rest of the day lads!

SPL_trophy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Congratulations lads. Enjoy your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Congratulations to all concerned with Celtic on their richly deserved title. They turned around their season when most had written them off and Lenny deserves all the praise in the world for this. Going on that winning run was a great achievement. It is a great moment for all the Celtic fans who have had to wait a few years to win the title. I hope Rangers can come back strong and challenge Celtic but today is all about Celtic and their supporters.

It's party time now :D

Delighted with today's performance, delighted with the title. It keeps me going in tough times, I have in the moment

• Advertisement

These are the days that being a football fan is all about. Celtic really done it in style today and there can be no doubt they deserve this title :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Phew!!!!! At last that bottle of champange can be opened:) Great game and the fans were absolutely brilliant(still get goosbumps when they sing 'Walk on' with such emotion)! Have a good weekend fellow 'tic fans.

What an atmosphere, what a day.

Am still in Kilmarnock, savouring this for all its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Am still in Kilmarnock, savouring this for all its worth

Enjoy the party mate, atmosphere looked amazing!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement