Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Any links to the "penalty" lads? Would you believe I had to miss the last 10 mins....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

PauloMN wrote: »
    Any links to the "penalty" lads? Would you believe I had to miss the last 10 mins....

you're better off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Another disappointing result for Celtic in a one off game. A worrying trend is starting to emerge no question. The team are lacking a big game mentality. Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour but they are going to have to develop a big game mentality over summer if they are to even qualify for it . I turned on at halftime and the 2nd half was a great contest and Celtic didn't take their chances. The penalty decision was harsh but you see them given I am afraid. The Celtic goal was offside so you would have to laugh at the conspiracists who are out in force!! Apparently Hooper was 1mm offside so everything is ok! Lenny at the end has let himself down again yet again. When are the SFA going to grow a set and do something about him? There are kids watching, he sets a shocking example for those who will look upto him. The ref made his decision and ranting and raving at him in front of the cameras is not going to change anything. Terrible terrible stuff.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

im purposely avoiding dwelling on "the incidents" at the end of the game but did anyone see or hear about the hearts fans banner about petrov, the scumbags had "petrov 19 days to live" shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Brewster wrote: »
    Another disappointing result for Celtic in a one off game. A worrying trend is starting to emerge no question. The team are lacking a big game mentality. Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour but they are going to have to develop a big game mentality over summer if they are to even qualify for it . I turned on at halftime and the 2nd half was a great contest and Celtic didn't take their chances. The penalty decision was harsh but you see them given I am afraid. The Celtic goal was offside so you would have to laugh at the conspiracists who are out in force!! Apparently Hooper was 1mm offside so everything is ok! Lenny at the end has let himself down again yet again. When are the SFA going to grow a set and do something about him? There are kids watching, he sets a shocking example for those who will look upto him. The ref made his decision and ranting and raving at him in front of the cameras is not going to change anything. Terrible terrible stuff.....

I get your point there. Lenny is a bad example for the kids. What about the supporters? Maybe they were singing sectarian songs once again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Another disappointing result for Celtic in a one off game. A worrying trend is starting to emerge no question. The team are lacking a big game mentality. Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour but they are going to have to develop a big game mentality over summer if they are to even qualify for it . I turned on at
    halftime and the 2nd half was a great contest and Celtic didn't take their chances. The penalty decision was harsh but you see them given I am afraid. The Celtic goal was offside so you would have to laugh at the conspiracists who are out in force!!
    Apparently Hooper was 1mm offside so everything is ok! Lenny at the end has let himself down again yet again. When are the SFA going to grow a set and do something about him? There are kids watching, he sets a shocking example for those who will look upto him. The ref made his decision and ranting and raving at him in front of the cameras is not going to change anything. Terrible terrible stuff.....

Brewster is back so Celtic must have lost.

"Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour" I think you have us mixed up with our neighbours, we don't need any saving! financially anyway.

Plenty of people on here have criticised Lennon for his behavior at the final whistle but your 'won't somebody think of the children' criticism is ridiculous.

helen1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,595 ✭✭✭✭CSF

im purposely avoiding dwelling on "the incidents" at the end of the game but did anyone see or hear about the hearts fans banner about petrov, the scumbags had "petrov 19 days to live" shocking.
    Sick

Dempsey wrote: »
    helen1.png

I would hate my son to grow up thinking it was ok to abuse officials when things don't go his way. Thankfully the game of rugby is free from this sort of thing and long may it continue. Scoff all you like lads, the point I'm making is clear. Lenny is bang out of order and till something is done about his behaviour nothing will change.

• Advertisement

Can it get even lower? These scumbags should be banned from all matches :mad:

I would hate my son to grow up thinking it was ok to abuse officials when things don't go his way. Thankfully the game of rugby is free from this sort of thing and long may it continue. Scoff all you like lads, the point I'm making is clear. Lenny is bang out of order and till something is done about his behaviour nothing will change.

Pity you dont love rugby enough to stop posting in the celtic thread

I dont see you wandering from thread to thread to give out about when other players/manager surround the referee or hurl abuse at them. I didnt see you giving out about the behaviour of Paulo Sergio today on the sideline. Lennon just has too big a bullseye for you to ignore.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Another disappointing result for Celtic in a one off game. A worrying trend is starting to emerge no question. The team are lacking a big game mentality. Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour but they are going to have to develop a big game mentality over summer if they are to even qualify for it . I turned on at
    halftime and the 2nd half was a great contest and Celtic didn't take their chances. The penalty decision was harsh but you see them given I am afraid. The Celtic goal was offside so you would have to laugh at the conspiracists who are out in force!!
    Apparently Hooper was 1mm offside so everything is ok! Lenny at the end has let himself down again yet again. When are the SFA going to grow a set and do something about him? There are kids watching, he sets a shocking example for those who will look upto him. The ref made his decision and ranting and raving at him in front of the cameras is not going to change anything. Terrible terrible stuff.....

Brewster is back so Celtic must have lost.

"Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour" I think you have us mixed up with our neighbours, we don't need any saving! financially anyway.

Plenty of people on here have criticised Lennon for his behavior at the final whistle but your 'won't somebody think of the children' criticism is ridiculous.

Brewster only posts when Celtic lose.. What a load of tosh....Do I have to repost my comments from last weekend as the most recent example to show up your post? Your claim is shockingly inaccurate and not fair. You upset your team lost but this is no excuse to lash out at me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Brewster - Get to Falkirk

Pity you dont love rugby enough to stop posting in the celtic thread

I dont see you wandering from thread to thread to give out about when other players/manager surround the referee or hurl abuse at them. I didnt see you giving out about the behaviour of Paulo Sergio today on the sideline. Lennon just has too big a bullseye for you to ignore.

I am perferctly entitled to post here Dempsey. You trying to excuse Lenny now by giving it the big bad Sergio line?! Lenny makes Sergio look line a saint Demps...Lenny is the worst manager I've seen when it comes to unacceptable behaviour..

I am perferctly entitled to post here Dempsey. You trying to excuse Lenny now by giving it the big bad Sergio line?! Lenny makes Sergio look line a saint Demps...Lenny is the worst manager I've seen when it comes to unacceptable behaviour..

He had a go at the referee, big deal. In FOOTBALL, you are allowed to approach the referee after the final whistle, you are allowed to make your opinion known to them. I couldnt care less what Sergio said but you have a fixation about Neil Lennon and his behaviour and blinkered to everything else.

BTW, I would be teaching my children not be accepting shít from others just because of their position.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

He is now on twitter trying to make excuses too and some of his own fans are telling him to stop talking nonsense. You couldn't make it up.

He had a go at the referee, big deal. In FOOTBALL, you are allowed to approach the referee after the final whistle, you are allowed to make your opinion known to them. I couldnt care less what Sergio said but you have a fixation about Neil Lennon and his behaviour and blinkered to everything else.

BTW, I would be teaching my children not be accepting shít from others just because of their position.

He ran on the pitch to abuse the official cos his team lost a game of football. Absolutely bang out of order. If you want to defend him, good luck to you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The 'penalty' incident

nqacsl.jpg

The ref has apparantly said he gave the peno as he thought Wanyama had handled it :confused:

He should be sacked from the SFA for incompetence

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Interesting to see what, if anything happens to them. I didn't see it at the game it was a screenshot of an iphone presumably taken by the scumbag that made it i saw from another site.

surely theres some law where by these cretins can be prosecuted?

on a lighter note glad to see brewsters back to lord it over us... did you see we won the title brewster? are you happy for us?

The 'penalty' incident

nqacsl.jpg

The ref has apparantly said he gave the peno as he thought Wanyama had handled it :confused:

He should be sacked from the SFA for incompetence

Where again is the number of the Guard Dogs for the Blind? :confused:

• Advertisement

He ran on the pitch to abuse the official cos his team lost a game of football. Absolutely bang out if order. If you want to defend him, good luck to you...

RE: Approaching the referee

What Lennon did happens at all levels of football, around the world, every weekend. Seems you only take exception when Lennon does it.

Sounds like you know what Lennon said to the referee, do tell!

Interesting to see what, if anything happens to them. I didn't see it at the game it was a screenshot of an iphone presumably taken by the scumbag that made it i saw from another site.

on a lighter note glad to see brewsters back to lord it over us... did you see we won the title brewster? are you happy for us?

Celtic got in trouble for the 'F*** UEFA banner in Udinese, but I'm not sure if there are similar rules within Scotland. It's clearly an insult, so something has to be done :mad:

Where again is the number of the Guard Dogs for the Blind? :confused:

It ping pongs about and it does hit Wanyama's upraised arm

Celtic got in trouble for the 'F*** UEFA banner in Udinese, but I'm not sure if there are similar rules within Scotland. It's clearly an insult, so something has to be done :mad:
    yep and a personal attack is a lot worse than "**** UEFA" in all honesty i think an attack like this deserves bigger punishment than letting a curropt organisation know what you think of them

Yes, and my comments about Celtic winning the league are on the record. I'll never understand why you want to make an issue of this? I call it as I see it. Always have done...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Go away out of it ya eejit. Lenny does lose the head too often on the touchline, but he was well entitled to have a go at that ref today. A shocking performance from the ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Ach! Will yis leave Brewster alone - he's good value he is, reminds me of my dad(Rangers fan and a cricket man):)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I can't argue with what Brewster has said in the main tbh. As a Celtic fan, I don't like how Lenny conducts himself when we lose, I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me. It's getting ridiculous at this stage. He should definitely have his chat with the ref, I have no problem at all with that, and it's clear it was a very controversial decision.

However, too many times we have bottled it in the so-called big games, and we're out of two cups because of it. There's problems outwith the refs that need to be looked at, and there's no point in Lenny constantly blaming the refs. He should also keep off Twitter after games like that imo, if he can't ignore huns on the wind-up then he should not use it period.

Solve the problems with the team Neil. By all means question the refs, but don't be petulant about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I can't argue with what Brewster has said in the main tbh. As a Celtic fan, I don't like how Lenny conducts himself when we lose, I'd be lying if I said it doesn't bother me. It's getting ridiculous at this stage. He should definitely have his chat with the ref, I have no problem at all with that, and it's clear it was a very controversial decision.

However, too many times we have bottled it in the so-called big games, and we're out of two cups because of it. There's problems outwith the refs that need to be looked at, and there's no point in Lenny constantly blaming the refs. He should also keep off Twitter after games like that imo, if he can't ignore huns on the wind-up then he should not use it period.

Solve the problems with the team Neil. By all means question the refs, but don't be petulant about it.
    Most of the people he is replying to seem to be celtic fans who seem embarrassed with his conduct.

As a Celtic fan, I He should also keep off Twitter after games like that imo, if he can't ignore huns on the wind-up then he should not use it period.QUOTE]

*Conspiracy theorist here* Is it actually him posting on twitter? I mean if you'd just lost a game that nearly everyone said you'd win would the first or second thing you do would be to post on Twitter! I know if it was me( and yes I do Tweet)I'd be waiting 'till I calmed down a bit(or had a cup of tea:rolleyes:) - after I'd torn the balls off the fecking team who lost so badly!

• Advertisement

Lennon is on Twitter

OfficialNeil is Lenny on Twitter.

Like this for example:
    Or pack our bags and get out of this league that is run by crooked #SFA officials.

Lenny retweeted that. Whether or not you agree with that comment, for Neil to retweet that is madness imo. Absolute madness.

The SFA will just have it in for him with that kind of stuff, and I don't want to see Celtic suffer because of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

OfficialNeil is Lenny on Twitter.

Is this definitely true? If so he really needs to take a look at himself tbh, and I'm a Celtic fan.
    The man really needs to learn to cool it when we lose. Yes, the decisions were ridiculous but the fact is he put out the wrong team, made the wrong changes, and once again we failed to finish off a game that should have been put to bed in the first half.

Still, the league's ours so can't complain too much!

Now that the season is over Celtic need to think about signing a striker or maybe 2 strikers during the summer. If they are to qualify for the CL group stage and make any kind of impact at that level, they will need a strong front man who can lead the line and hold the ball up front. They will need to spend a bit of cash to get the right player and may need two strikers.

I like Stokes as a player but he's not good enough for the CL. To buy that striker we may need to sell to raise the funds. I'd punt Ki and get rid of the deadwood - there's a lot of it.

Okay!!:) Get him f*cking off it:(

As a fellow redhead that frequently loses it(husband loves to see that for some reason;)) - that's my take!

That's about it in a nutshell. Have a word with ref in his room, by all means. Ask him to explain his decision in a mature dignified manner. Not charge on the bloody pitch to remonstrate with him. Paul is yet again the voice of reason on here. I can't be believe people are having a pop at me for pointing out the obvious.... Then again what's new around here, you'd think I'd be used to it now!

Madam wrote: »
    Ach! Will yis leave Brewster alone - he's good value he is, reminds me of my dad(Rangers fan and a cricket man):)

I have zero interest in cricket and am not a Rangers fan.. Not sure I have much in common with Him!!!!

Is this definitely true? If so he really needs to take a look at himself tbh, and I'm a Celtic fan.
    The man really needs to learn to cool it when we lose. Yes, the decisions were ridiculous but the fact is he put out the wrong team, made the wrong changes, and once again we failed to finish off a game that should have been put to bed in the first half.

Still, the league's ours so can't complain too much!

I'd agree with that, he definitely made the wrong changes. He left on the wrong players in Commons and Ki. He should have moved Samaras to the wing when Stokes came on.

• Advertisement

'Or pack our bags and get out of this league that is run by crooked #SFA officials.'

You see - that makes me wonder - ffs why would he bother so soon after the game? C'mon guys think - would'nt he be thinking of other things?, Its not like he's in a bubble there are others around him to maybe calm him down a bit!!! Really how long can you remain angry about something and if I know Neil Lennon (and myself)its a storm at the moment of impact but honestly it blows over in an instant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Did you ever respond to my post from 2 weeks, then last week and a few pages back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'd agree with that, he definitely made the wrong changes. He left on the wrong players in Commons and Ki. He should have moved Samaras to the wing when Stokes came on.

Spot on, Ki is a talented player but he just doesn't seem to do it often enough when things are going against us. I'm also becoming increasingly convinved Commons is actually a different player fthan the one we had last season.

Banner Heart(s) fans made about Petrov

This is beyong belief :(

Wtf is wrong with sickos?

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/35905_3061026047753_1326487859_3728327_917365895_n.jpg

rarnes1 wrote: »

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/35905_3061026047753_1326487859_3728327_917365895_n.jpg[

Unbelievable! If true:mad:

rarnes1 wrote: »

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/35905_3061026047753_1326487859_3728327_917365895_n.jpg[

Unbelievable! If true:mad:

A mate sent it to me via email.

Hope it's a fake

• Advertisement

I hope its fake too - I have a couple of cousins who are Hearts fans and I am absolutely sure they'd be skunnered(Scots word - couldn't think of another) to think any of their fans could be party to this! Btw I'm not convinced this could be true!

I hope its fake too - I have a couple of cousins who are Hearts fans and I am absolutely sure they'd be skunnered(Scots word - couldn't think of another) to think any of their fans could be party to this! Btw I'm not convinced this could be true!
    I'm fully convinced it could be true I've been to Celtic v Hearts games and I've seen how SOME (N.B i said some) Hearts fans can conduct themeselves. That coupled with (one of this few looneys) attacking Lennon last year, leaves no doubt in my mind that its possible.

Did you ever respond to my post from 2 weeks, then last week and a few pages back?

I clearly didn't Lubo! What was post about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Hearts fans are scum.

Somebody at your club get that man off twitter, Jesus Christ he can't get away with some of they tweets.

It is definitely him by the way. Stokes and Ledley are at it as well, making digs at the ref etc.

I'm fully convinced it could be true I've been to Celtic v Hearts games and I've seen how SOME (N.B i said some) Hearts fans can conduct themeselves. That coupled with (one of this few looneys) attacking Lennon last year, leaves no doubt in my mind that its possible.

Hmmm? As a Celtic fan I'm not so sure. I mean - as Celtic fan and if someone held that sort of thing up about one of your rival ex-team players would you not bring them to task, if for no other reason as for being a good human being?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement