Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Majstorovic should be strung up for his part tonight.[/QUOTE]

How much longer is Lennon willing to take a chance on this clown!! He's a liability every game. A headless accident waiting to happen. I'm nervous everytime he is in the vicinty of the ball/man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Dempsey in fairness Kayal wasn't 100% fit. He did try his best though.

Maybe I'm being too apologetic to them but I really rate Izzy, Kayal and Ki. Think they're really good players that could have a great career at the top level.

I sang plenty of praise for Kayal and Izzy last season as you may remember but even if he wasnt 100% he should have shown more commitment, I saw him loose the ball and start jogging back as Sion counter attacked at speed. He's the one suppose to be offering protection to the backline, 10 men or not.

Himself and Hooper were off the back of injuries, if they werent 100% and it was obvious to everyone, they should have been withdrawn for fitter players at half time or 60 mins, they should have been told to up their efforts for this length of time and be subbed when they were tired.

Lennon has to take a fair chunk of the blame for his team selection and the mindset he put the players into all week but you cannot legislate for what Maj did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Dempsey wrote: »
    I sang plenty of praise for Kayal and Izzy last season as you may remember but even if he wasnt 100% he should have shown more commitment, I saw him loose the ball and start jogging back as Sion counter attacked at speed. He's the one suppose to be offering protection to the backline, 10 men or not.

Himself and Hooper were off the back of injuries, if they werent 100% and it was obvious to everyone, they should have been withdrawn for fitter players at half time or 60 mins, they should have been told to up their efforts for this length of time and be subbed when they were tired.

Lennon has to take a fair chunk of the blame for his team selection and the mindset he put the players into all week but you cannot legislate for what Maj did.

Look man I'm basically agreeing with you on the whole lot.

It was obvious Kayal wasn't 100% fit. But I thought he gave it his all - that's his style.

I would have preferred if Lennon brought him on in the 2nd half. As we all know Commons and Paddy should have been on when we were chasing the goal.

It really is embarrassing being knocked out at this stage. There's Shamrock Rovers in the group stages and I'm behind them 100% but for Celtic to be knocked out to Sion is embarrassing, i've no words to describe it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Dark day for celtic. For no team from scotland to make even the fecking group stages of the europa while championship birmingham city and shamrock rovers are in says it all. Unreal though, lenny has to be feeling the heat now, we looked utter crap, the team there would do well to get out of league one and neil lennon is no miracle worker(and question marks have definitely started to appear in the last while). can't believe how bad things have got...

if tonight had to be summed up in a word-pish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I never thought I'd say this but...when is Loovens back?

Nobody is blameless for this failure, from the players all the way up to boardroom. The league this year will be won by whichever team is slightly less sh*t than the other which takes alot of the shine off winning.

I look forward to seeing how the club responds to this defeat, if we are lucky they might bring in a couple of relatively unknown players on trials and then not offer them any contracts. After all the bank balance is what football is all about, isn't it?

Celtic are not taking on any more trialists this transfer window according to Lennon.

Football is a business now, whether we like it or not. The bank balance dictates everything.

What the board need to do is deliver on player investment. The "We Tried" excuse from Lawwell wont wash with alot of season ticket holders, the cornerstone of the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭RoryMac

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7124980,00.html?

I'm a big fan of Lennon but the above is nonsense, i really hope Sion don't get thrown out, we don't deserve to go through. The club needs to have a complete re-think of it's strategy. We have gone backwards at an unprecedented rate in the last 8 - 10 years with quality players being replaced by freebies from the Championship and journeymen.

I really do hope Sion get thrown out if they were breaking the rules, fúck em!

Celtic are not taking on any more trialists this transfer window according to Lennon.

Football is a business now, whether we like it or not. The bank balance dictates everything.

What the board need to do is deliver on player investment. The "We Tried" excuse from Lawwell wont wash with alot of season ticket holders, the cornerstone of the club.

Feinduono who scored 2 tonight was one of our trialists, maybe we should actually sign one now and again.

Can't see any decent player wanting to go near us with no european football, you really have to wonder if our links to players like Keane, Bellamy, Long at season ticket renewal time but none materialising is a coincidence?

Unfortunately the Board doesn't seem to understand that it is possible to spend money in order to make more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RoryMac wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7124980,00.html?

I'm a big fan of Lennon but the above is nonsense, i really hope Sion don't get thrown out, we don't deserve to go through. The club needs to have a complete re-think of it's strategy. We have gone backwards at an unprecedented rate in the last 8 - 10 years with quality players being replaced by freebies from the Championship and journeymen.

What I want to know is what is happening with the youths. I mean we hear about development of young players, our great facilities etc. - can none of these lads make the step up to the squad when we have the likes of Dan and Samaras holding down regular spots? Let's start looking closer to home rather than filling the squad with "internationalists" that are clearly not up to the job.

As for Sion getting thrown out - I'd be happy to take the spot, I'm not that proud. ;) Can't see it happening though.

Feinduono who scored 2 tonight was one of our trialists, maybe we should actually sign one now and again.

Can't see any decent player wanting to go near us with no european football, you really have to wonder if our links to players like Keane, Bellamy, Long at season ticket renewal time but none materialising is a coincidence?

Us, Rangers and a host of EPL clubs took him on trial, nobody was bothered with him.

He may have scored twice against 10 man Celtic playing away from home but does make him good enough? We currently have a Swedish International that should be taken through Glasgow for a public flogging.

Those links were wishful thinking, anyone that believed otherwise should have a chat with themselves.

PauloMN wrote: »
    As for Sion getting thrown out - I'd be happy to take the spot, I'm not that proud. ;) Can't see it happening though.

Who knows, if the draw was kind we might even manage to get a point against Shamrock Rovers in Glasgow...

What I want to know is what is happening with the youths. I mean we hear about development of young players, our great facilities etc. - can none of these lads make the step up to the squad when we have the likes of Dan and Samaras holding down regular spots? Let's start looking closer to home rather than filling the squad with "internationalists" that are clearly not up to the job.

I agree, nothing will convince me that we need to be paying 10k - 20k to guys like Samaras and Dan when there are guys in Scotland and probably at Celtic that can do as good a job for a fraction of that, look at Rovers tonight playing with passion i haven't seen at Celtic in years, Samaras and Dan's wages alone would probably equal the whole Rovers 1st team.

Well if Uefa were to insist we take Sion's place i suppose i'd grudgingly accept!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14673465.stm

Looks like Lenny was watching a different game than me!! "I can't fault the players, they were brilliant" He must've hit dutyfree hard on the way to Switzerland!

Unfortunately the Board doesn't seem to understand that it is possible to spend money in order to make more.

I'm sure these businessmen did attend Business 101. Its just as easy to waste money on the likes of Rasmussen, Gravesen, Hooiveld, Murphy etc.

I think our problem is with our scouting network. We've been wasting our time with alot of white elephants and damaged goods in recent years.

Us, Rangers and a host of EPL clubs took him on trial, nobody was bothered with him.

Yeah we gave Samaras a 3 year deal instead! Well done Celtic! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I never thought I'd say this but...when is Loovens back?

Nobody is blameless for this failure, from the players all the way up to boardroom. The league this year will be won by whichever team is slightly less sh*t than the other which takes alot of the shine off winning.

I look forward to seeing how the club responds to this defeat, if we are lucky they might bring in a couple of relatively unknown players on trials and then not offer them any contracts. After all the bank balance is what football is all about, isn't it?

It is bad when you're asking about Loovens :o

Seriously though our trial system has been a serious disaster.
    I'm sure these businessmen did attend Business 101. Its just as easy to waste money on the likes of Rasmussen, Gravesen, Hooiveld, Murphy etc.

I think our problem is with our scouting network. We've been wasting our time with alot of white elephants and damaged goods in recent years.

It's hard to know man. If you looked at them players careers they looked good. I can't deny we've signed a lot of dross. But Lennon has signed a lot of good players too, but tbh we really shot ourselves tonight.

Yeah we gave Samaras a 3 year deal instead! Well done Celtic! :confused:

2 wrongs dont make a right.

If Samaras left on a free transfer in the form he was in, the board would have gotten pelters for it. They gave him a contract, he went back to being shíte and the board are getting pelters for it.

Solution:

Lennon should berate Samaras everyday until he plays consistently well for the club or leaves. :pac:

Guys like Larsson, Sutton and Thompson were damaged goods when we got them, guys who didn't fit at their clubs but showed a hunger to improve and win things, that might be exactly where we should be looking?

• Advertisement

Guys like Larsson, Sutton and Thompson were damaged goods when we got them, guys who didn't fit at their clubs but showed a hunger to improve and win things, they might be exactly where we should be looking?

We have been looking there, we have been signing dross but the quality of the dross has been declining as the standard of the SPL drops.

Larsson and Sutton were quality players that just made one bad move, there is no comparison between them or the quality of player we could attract then to what we can attract now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

some perspective guys

first of all, we're in good company, as well as our beloved neighbours, roma and sevilla and spartak moscow were all knocked out by unheralded sides tonight, it happens

secondly, this is the europa league, if we do well in it, we're told it's a shoite competition, yet when we are knocked out it's crisis time and we have a catastrophe on our hands, to be honest it's not a great competition, yes the whole notion of "Europe" is important to Celtic but I'd feel 10 times worse missing out on the champions league, this is like being dumped by an average looking girlfriend, we'll get over it rather quickly and to be honest we're not missing out on a lot

thirdly, we ain't missing out on a bucketload of cash, forget all the bs about how this will affect signings, again the europa league is not the champions league, yes we'll miss out on a few million tops and of course money is tight but this was never going to be a competition that earned us big bucks

fourth, i was far more embarrassed by our hammering 4-0 by a middling dutch side last year, this time we lose out to a middling swiss side with player registration issues after having a man sent off and goal down a minute into the game, with 10 men we looked about their equal, so yes celtic are not the force they were a few years ago but they're not as woeful and useless as some will make them out to be in the next few days, i think they would have qualified with 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes but there you go, being slightly better than sion doesn't make us world-beaters, it just makes us better than what you will hear in the media shortly

fifth, at least we will have hooped fenians in the group stage so let's congratulate shamrock rovers and wish them well, i am sure they will get the support of most celtic fans

in conclusion, bad days happen in football and bad days don't just happen to celtic, as i said talk to the fans of roma, sevilla and spartak moscow tonight, i am not going to lose any sleep over that competition, however yes we must acknowledge that celtic and rangers are on a downward curve at the moment and it will take winning the league and qualifying to the champions league group stages to arrest the slide or some generous investment (which looks unlikely as celtic's board seem rather obsessed with the balance sheet instead of what's going on on the pitch at the moment) so patience is required now, maybe a chance for some youngsters (although when the likes of feruz are getting nicked by chelsea it's tough) and the scouts have to earn their dough with bargain basement signings nobody has heard of - i don't know if celtic will return to previous heights, it's getting tougher and tougher to compete but in football you never know what's around the corner, keep the faith

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

'Hooped fenians', holy crap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

donfers wrote: »
    fourth, i was far more embarrassed by our hammering 4-0 by a middling dutch side last year, this time we lose out to a middling swiss side with player registration issues after having a man sent off and goal down a minute into the game, with 10 men we looked about their equal, so yes celtic are not the force they were a few years ago but they're not as woeful and useless as some will make them out to be in the next few days, i think they would have qualified with 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes but there you go, being slightly better than sion doesn't make us world-beaters, it just makes us better than what you will hear in the media shortly

Have to disagree on this one. Watching Sion over the two legs, they were absolutely brutal. Practically every free kick they had they made a mess of, they were dreadful in front of goal and we still couldn't beat them either at home (with 11 men) or away. I didn't think I could be more embarrassed by a result after Utrecht, but Celtic have topped that with Sion imo.

That's the biggest problem with all this - after Lenny's first full season, I thought we were beginning to make progress. It seems we have regressed rather than progressed. With Utrecht, Lenny was still picking up the pieces of the shambles that Mowbray had left - there's no such excuse this time. As far as I'm concerned, I deem this as failure - regardless of how ****e some people deem the Europa league, I think it's vital that Celtic are in the group stages of European competition each season.

Back to the bread and butter now anyway - I perish the thought of what will happen if the league is not won this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

There's talk Celtic could get reinstated into the Europa League, Sion are apparently in hot water over player signings and could get thrown out.

Platini said 'FC Sion have not respected the rules of the transfer ban'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

donfers wrote: »

Have to disagree on this one. Watching Sion over the two legs, they were absolutely brutal. Practically every free kick they had they made a mess of, they were dreadful in front of goal and we still couldn't beat them either at home (with 11 men) or away. I didn't think I could be more embarrassed by a result after Utrecht, but Celtic have topped that with Sion imo.

That's the biggest problem with all this - after Lenny's first full season, I thought we were beginning to make progress. It seems we have regressed rather than progressed. With Utrecht, Lenny was still picking up the pieces of the shambles that Mowbray had left - there's no such excuse this time. As far as I'm concerned, I deem this as failure - regardless of how ****e some people deem the Europa league, I think it's vital that Celtic are in the group stages of European competition each season.

Back to the bread and butter now anyway - I perish the thought of what will happen if the league is not won this season.

I think part of the problem lies with the management team. Lenny has no pedigree as a manager yet because of who he is and where he come from he is a hero to you guys. This is the sad reality of the situation. He was the cheap option, much like the man across the city. You get what you pay for in life

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    There's talk Celtic could get reinstated into the Europa League, Sion are apparently in hot water over player signings and could get thrown out.

They're fighting it in court.
    But if they get thrown out, I'm not sure it's Celtic that would get reinstated. Could also be the next Swiss team eligible.

Blatter wrote: »

But the draw is today and we would be seeded in a different pot. Id imagine that there would be a fuss over 2 pot 2 clubs in the same group.

Id be happy to take Sion's place since they cheated to get to the group stages

I think UEFA may have well shot themselves in the foot with this.
    They knew Sion fielded those players, why did they allow them to play that second game then ?

edit: @dalejohnsonESPN says that the expulsion of Sion will lead to Liverpool being put in their place, surely that makes no sense ?

Brewster wrote: »
    I think part of the problem lies with the management team. Lenny has no pedigree as a manager yet because of who he is and where he come from he is a hero to you guys. This is the sad reality of the situation. He was the cheap option, much like the man across the city. You get what you pay for in life

Maybe some truth in that, but the last thing I want to happen is another manager change, even if we don't win the league. It's too damaging for the club, and a new manager would more than likely be another Mowbray.

I wasn't happy with the late subs Lenny made, but I don't think last night was the real problem as you can't plan for a red card/penalty after 1 min. The home leg was the real problem, as proven the following weekend by the capitulation against St. Johnstone.

Ultimately, a few players need to be got rid of - loaned, sold, paid off, whatever and some key positions need to be strengthened. The board simply have to splash the cash or else this will keep happening, and fans won't bother turning up. That and a complete review of the youth system because I simply cannot believe that we cannot have better youth players coming through the ranks than Samaras, Dan, Murphy, Hooiveld, Loovens, Rogne etc..

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    They knew Sion fielded those players, why did they allow them to play that second game then ?

edit: @dalejohnsonESPN says that the expulsion of Sion will lead to Liverpool being put in their place, surely that makes no sense ?

I seriously doubt Sion will be expelled anyway, but surely if they are, Celtic can be the only side to get the spot? If they are expelled, I'd be very pissed off if another side got the spot considering they broke the rules in the games against us.

I agree though, UEFA were daft to let them go ahead with these games knowing they were using players they were not allowed to.

• Advertisement

Just to mention that Rangers were the highest ranked team to get eliminated, would be nice if you'd allow us a way back in.

(Never gonna happen, I know :D )

I hope he gets pulled up over that sh!t talk, what have liverpool to do with it. I cant see another swiss team coming in since sion played matches. At this stage its either jam celtic into their place ignoring seeding rules or heavy financial punishments. I can only see uefa handing out fines and more embargos. putting celtic in next week after the draw is finalised is too problematic

I hope he gets pulled up over that sh!t talk, what have liverpool to do with it. I cant see another swiss team coming in since sion played matches. At this stage its either jam celtic into their place ignoring seeding rules or heavy financial punishments. I can only see uefa handing out fines and more embargos. putting celtic in next week after the draw is finalised is too problematic

Has this happened before ever, is there a precedent for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

Atletico Madrid
    Udinese
    Rennes
    Sion

That'll be some group if Celtic end up in it

Apparently it has happened, Leeds were eliminated by Stuttgart who were found to have fielded an ineligible player.
    Stuttgart would have won on away goals; however, it was realised that in the second leg between Leeds United and Stuttgart, Stuttgart had substituted a fourth foreign player. At the time, a maximum of three foreign players was allowed. The game was awarded to Leeds United with a score of 3–0, making it 3–3 on aggregate with no difference in away goals. A play-off match in Barcelona was ordered, which Leeds United won 2–1.

Apparently it has happened, Leeds were eliminated by Stuttgart who were found to have fielded an ineligible player.
    Stuttgart would have won on away goals; however, it was realised that in the second leg between Leeds United and Stuttgart, Stuttgart had substituted a fourth foreign player. At the time, a maximum of three foreign players was allowed. The game was awarded to Leeds United with a score of 3–0, making it 3–3 on aggregate with no difference in away goals. A play-off match in Barcelona was ordered, which Leeds United won 2–1.

The question now is will uefa break their own seeding rules to accomodate celtic in the group stages? I cant see that happening. Maybe redraw the groups! Lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14679531.stm
    Celtic have been given renewed hope of being re-instated into the Europa League after Uefa insiders indicated that Sion are likely to be thrown out. The Glasgow side lost 3-1 in Switzerland after being held to a goalless draw in the first leg.
    But Uefa president Michel Platini said: "What is happening there is the rules have not been respected.
    "FC Sion has not respected the rules of the transfer ban - they signed players and then played those players."
    Celtic have written to European football's governing body protesting at the inclusion in the Sion squad of five players deemed by Uefa to be ineligible and a hearing expected on Tuesday.

The question now is will uefa break their own seeding rules to accomodate celtic in the group stages? I cant see that happening. Maybe redraw the groups! Lol

Sion were in the 4th group of seeds while Celtic would have been in the 3rd group, is that right?

I just can't see any of this happening. A big fine, and maybe some possible exclusion from a future competition could be more likely I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

In fairness if we take Sion's place in the group we haven't a hope of getting out of it. Atletico and Udinese would definitely beat us, Rennes are probably a stronger outfit too so you could even argue on that basis we should be 4th seeds in the group.

henke wrote: »
    In fairness if we take Sion's place in the group we haven't a hope of getting out of it. Atletico and Udinese would definitely beat us, Rennes are probably a stronger outfit too so you could even argue on that basis we should be 4th seeds in the group.

That's the spirit... :rolleyes:

I would just be happy to be in it. European games are where you learn and gain experience, we haven't been in enough of them. Would you rather not be in it at all than to be in it and take the chance of getting beat?

As for the seedings, I wouldn't see it as an issue from Celtic's point of view as it makes little difference - however the other three teams might not be too happy that they have a potentially harder team to beat (yeah I laughed as well) if we replaced Sion. We know that's bollocks of course but the group would have a seed 1, seed 2 and two seed 3 teams then (assuming I have the seeding stuff correct).

• Advertisement

That's the spirit... :rolleyes:

I would just be happy to be in it. European games are where you learn and gain experience, we haven't been in enough of them. Would you rather not be in it at all than to be in it and take the chance of getting beat?

As for the seedings, I wouldn't see it as an issue from Celtic's point of view as it makes little difference - however the other three teams might not be too happy that they have a potentially harder team to beat (yeah I laughed as well) if we replaced Sion. We know that's bollocks of course but the group would have a seed 1, seed 2 and two seed 3 teams then (assuming I have the seeding stuff correct).

Don't get me wrong I would love to be in it. You are right that it only benefit us long term and will give us more experience.

Based on our two legs last night and with Atletico and Udinese in the group realistically you couldn't see us getting out of it, but as the cliché goes 'Anything can happen in football', and it would be brilliant if we somehow managed to get out it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Just gives you more games to be honest. Rangers or Celtic just aren't good enough for Europe at the moment.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Just gives you more games to be honest. Rangers or Celtic just aren't good enough for Europe at the moment.

Perhaps, but the more you are there, you pull in that few extra pound and you might just acquire a player or two who is that little bit better than what you already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

according to the commentators when we lost the expected turnover went down 14 percent thats a lot of money to be missing out on. hopefully we do get in.

Perhaps, but the more you are there, you pull in that few extra pound and you might just acquire a player or two who is that little bit better than what you already have.

Well from a purely financial perspective, it's ticket sales from 3 home games, plus associated merchandise sales plus whatever TV money and bonus money for draws/wins. It's small fish compared to the CL, but it's still money.

Also qualifying for groups each season definitely helps both attracting players to the club and at selling time when you can sell on players that have played in a good amount of European games.

But more importantly for me is the experience that the players (and the manager) gain from it. We've a largely new squad since Mowbray left - how many games in Europe have those guys played? The 6 games we'd get from being in the groups would help the team develop for European games next season, and the season after etc.. We're falling at the first hurdle every time at the moment, and it's a catch 22 - you have to be in it to gain the experience that you need to keep being in it.

Getting experience in an atmosphere that's different to the SPL is crucial - Rangers aside, the rest of the SPL is pure dross let's face it, and getting even 6 games a season with better quality sides is something that we should be aiming for at least. At the moment, we're getting closer and closer to the rest of the dross in terms of quality, while still paying some of these guys a fortune in SPL terms. It has to change.

Swedish media is reporting that Celtic are close to signing Mohamed Bangura from AIK for around £2m. Don't know anything about him but he's 22 and has a pretty good scoring record in Sweden.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/267912-celtic-linked-with-mohamed-bangura/

Don't know how much truth is in it but he is a striker which he need, cant say I know a lot about him but if he is better than what we have got then its a good addition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14694312.stm

Celtic defenders Charlie Mulgrew and Emilio Izaguirre have both agreed contract extensions, keeping them at the club until 2015.

Cant help but think there is a minimum release clause inserted into Izaguirre's contract now.

Still its good to know that his contract is sorted and there should be no moaning or posturing from his agent for a long time

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14694312.stm

Celtic defenders Charlie Mulgrew and Emilio Izaguirre have both agreed contract extensions, keeping them at the club until 2015.

Cant help but think there is a minimum release clause inserted into Izaguirre's contract now.

Still its good to know that his contract is sorted and there should be no moaning or posturing from his agent for a long time

Great to hear they have penned new deals, if Izaguirre has a minimum release clause inserted I would expect the club would have it set at his proper market value.

• Advertisement

Celtic 0-1 to the good, Hooper after 7 mins. Stokes had a perfectly good goal disallowed for a "foul" after a few mins, should be 0-2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement