Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Hearts fans scum.

Somebody at your club get that man of twitter, Jesus Christ he can't get away with some of they tweets.

??????????? Builder - you've had a couple or two this aftenoon?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Brewster wrote: »
    Another disappointing result for Celtic in a one off game. A worrying trend is starting to emerge no question. The team are lacking a big game mentality. Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour but they are going to have to develop a big game mentality over summer if they are to even qualify for it . I turned on at halftime and the 2nd half was a great contest and Celtic didn't take their chances. The penalty decision was harsh but you see them given I am afraid. The Celtic goal was offside so you would have to laugh at the conspiracists who are out in force!! Apparently Hooper was 1mm offside so everything is ok! Lenny at the end has let himself down again yet again. When are the SFA going to grow a set and do something about him? There are kids watching, he sets a shocking example for those who will look upto him. The ref made his decision and ranting and raving at him in front of the cameras is not going to change anything. Terrible terrible stuff.....
    Did you ever respond to my post from 2 weeks, then last week and a few pages back?

I clearly didn't Lubo! What was post about again?
    It's in there somewhere
    : Brewster
    You deserve it mate. You go to a lot of games and fans like you deserve every bit of success you get. No one can take that away from you. Just back from watching rugby so know what it is all about, despite what one or two would say here. All credit to you, the Celtic fans for their title success.

Cheers Brewster, appreciate it man.

I still haven't forgot you never answered this though http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77856541&postcount=5670

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hearts fans are scum.

Somebody at your club get that man off twitter, Jesus Christ he can't get away with some of they tweets.

It is definitely him by the way. Stokes and Ledley are at it as well, making digs at the ref etc.

Examples please, I'm looking at his twitter account and I dont see anything controversial posted by Lennon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Madam wrote: »
    'Or pack our bags and get out of this league that is run by crooked #SFA officials.'

You see - that makes me wonder - ffs why would he bother so soon after the game? C'mon guys think - would'nt he be thinking of other things?, Its not like he's in a bubble there are others around him to maybe calm him down a bit!!! Really how long can you remain angry about something and if I know Neil Lennon (and myself)its a storm at the moment of impact but honestly it blows over in an instant!

If that tweet is genuine and came from the man in question, then words fail me.. An embarrassing day just gets worse for the man and Celtic..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Dempsey wrote: »
    Hearts fans are scum.

Somebody at your club get that man off twitter, Jesus Christ he can't get away with some of they tweets.

It is definitely him by the way. Stokes and Ledley are at it as well, making digs at the ref etc.

Examples please, I'm looking at his twitter account and I dont see anything controversial posted by Lennon

The one he retweeted about us being cheated all the time and we should look to get out of scottish football was cringe-worthy tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I can't believe Lennon is on twitter. Is he an idiot or what? He doesn't think his players were poor today, can't get over that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Retweeting about corrupt officials isn't controversial? He should not be using twitter to peddle an agenda like that, he should be using official channels to make complaints.

He should also rise above getting into petty arguments with fans.

Lennon wonders why he gets the hate mail and the likes. He doesn't help himself at all, he antagonises the opposition fans. He's actually stupid.

Another disappointing result for Celtic in a one off game. A worrying trend is starting to emerge no question. The team are lacking a big game mentality. Champions League football has been claimed as Celtic's financial saviour but they are going to have to develop a big game mentality over summer if they are to even qualify for it . I turned on at halftime and the 2nd half was a great contest and Celtic didn't take their chances. The penalty decision was harsh but you see them given I am afraid. The Celtic goal was offside so you would have to laugh at the conspiracists who are out in force!! Apparently Hooper was 1mm offside so everything is ok! Lenny at the end has let himself down again yet again. When are the SFA going to grow a set and do something about him? There are kids watching, he sets a shocking example for those who will look upto him. The ref made his decision and ranting and raving at him in front of the cameras is not going to change anything. Terrible terrible stuff.....
    Did you ever respond to my post from 2 weeks, then last week and a few pages back?

It's in there somewhere
    You deserve it mate. You go to a lot of games and fans like you deserve every bit of success you get. No one can take that away from you. Just back from watching rugby so know what it is all about, despite what one or two would say here. All credit to you, the Celtic fans for their title success.

I still haven't forgot you never answered this though http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77856541&postcount=5670

Lubo, I was asking a question why you don't fancy Lenny as your manager?! I thought his behaviour had improved, however I was wrong about this. His behaviour over last few weeks has not been appropriate for the manager of the great footballing Institution that Celtic is. It is worse than last season if anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

If that tweet is genuine and came from the man in question, then words fail me.. An embarrassing day just gets worse for the man and Celtic..

So.. No benefit of the doubt?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lennon wonders why he gets the hate mail and the likes. He doesn't help himself at all, he antagonises the opposition fans. He's actually retarded.

I think you're bang out of order with that.

That's a disgraceful comment to make. :mad:

PauloMN wrote: »
    I think you're bang out of order with that.

That's a disgraceful comment to make. :mad:

How is it? Obviously the hate mail is wrong, but he doesn't help himself in the slightest. It's just like in Ibrox last year, literally just after receiving several death threats, he steps out into the middle of the pitch and cups his ears, just stay out of the fcuking limelight Neil.

Lennon wonders why he gets the hate mail and the likes. He doesn't help himself at all, he antagonises the opposition fans. He's actually retarded.

Nobody deserves death threats etc.

But it's time people started realising he's not an angel and can't hide behind the victim card all the time

Disgraceful comment but its to be expected from the likes of you.

Disgraceful comment but its to be expected from the likes of you.

How on earth is it disgraceful? :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey, the comment about the SFA he retweeted is only going to make matters worse. If I were on the board, if I couldn't keep people off Twitter, I'd want a policy of players not discussing specific match incidents on Twitter.

Maybe you disagree, but I do not go on Twitter and talk about my job, what I like/dislike about it etc. - I just think it's grossly unprofessional. Everyone knows I love how passionate Lenny is about Celtic and the young team he has built - that's great and long may it continue - but I think there's a time and place for everything. Right after a game and on Twitter is not the time nor the place to be making comments about refs and the SFA on the net imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Madam wrote: »
    Hmmm? As a Celtic fan I'm not so sure. I mean - as Celtic fan and if someone held that sort of thing up about one of your rival ex-team players would you not bring them to task, if for no other reason as for being a good human being?
    oh yes sorry might have gotten my wires crossed.. I have no doubt that the flag was made and brought to the stadium I doubt the decent folk even allowed them to unfurl it.

How on earth is it disgraceful? :confused:

On two fronts. One, you call him "retarded". Two, you try to justify some of the hatred towards him by referencing his Twitter activity.

If you cant see whats disgraceful about that post then you are retarded.

Why don't you spell it out for me? I didn't say he deserved it because obviously he doesn't and the people who send him hate mail are the scum of the earth. But he doesn't help himself in the slightest. What the fcuk does he be at at times? Replying to Rangers fans on Twitter asking them about their cup finals. It just further increases the hatred. He should stay out of the fcuking limelight as much as possible.

• Advertisement

Dempsey, the comment about the SFA he retweeted is only going to make matters worse. If I were on the board, if I couldn't keep people off Twitter, I'd want a policy of players not discussing specific match incidents on Twitter.

Maybe you disagree, but I do not go on Twitter and talk about my job, what I like/dislike about it etc. - I just think it's grossly unprofessional. Everyone knows I love how passionate Lenny is about Celtic and the young team he has built - that's great and long may it continue - but I think there's a time and place for everything. Right after a game and on Twitter is not the time nor the place to be making comments about refs and the SFA on the net imo.

I'm not going to criticise him just because I'd do things differently though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

That defeat today really hurts. A lot of guys pointing fingers at the ref again today and rightly so. No way do you decide a major game with a guess of a decision in the last minute and one that was obviously wrong. Having said that we had more then enough possession and chances to have won the game and not left the door open for the ref at the end. We have to point the finger at ourselves on that score. We had enough chances to win the game and didn't take them. Simple as that. We didn't play anywhere near the top of our game but we certainly were good enough on the day to win but like against Kilmarknock we simply didn't take our chances.

Well I will, because ultimately this could affect the club. Nobody is above the club, and Neil should know better. There is no doubt in my mind that the board are reading his tweets and thinking "ffs" to themselves. He needs reining in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

It's in there somewhere

Lubo, I was asking a question why you don't fancy Lenny as your manager?! I thought his behaviour had improved, however I was wrong about this. His behaviour over last few weeks has not been appropriate for the manager of the great footballing Institution that Celtic is. It is worse than last season if anything....
    So quote me where I've excused Lenny's inappropriate behaviour. I'm working now and on here via my phone which is making it difficult to type what I wanna say. You pissed me off though and now all I see is a troll, which is a shame because there can be a lot of substance in what you say.

Enjoy your couple of days attacking Lennon.

Lenny is above criticism eh! The model manager!!! Staggering take on things Demps....

Lenny is above criticism eh! The model manager!!! Staggering take on things Demps....

Did I say that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Well I will, because ultimately this could affect the club. Nobody is above the club, and Neil should know better. There is no doubt in my mind that the board are reading his tweets and thinking "ffs" to themselves. He needs reining in.

He does need to chill with the officials. I reckon he gets their backs up and they make decisions against his team for that reason. He is now in a position where he can be a successful Celtic boss for a few years to come given the predicament that Rangers are in. He should relax in the knowledge of that and focus his attentions on making an impact in Europe. He needs a new striker who can lead the line for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

im purposely avoiding dwelling on "the incidents" at the end of the game but did anyone see or hear about the hearts fans banner about petrov, the scumbags had "petrov 19 days to live" shocking.

Agreed mate I hope they get the scum who had it and jail them

I'd agree with that, he definitely made the wrong changes. He left on the wrong players in Commons and Ki. He should have moved Samaras to the wing when Stokes came on.

Sammy works much better on the wing. I'm beginning to think he should only be played there. When he has played there this season, he's generally been excellent.

Hooper seemed lost for much of today. He definitely works better partnered with Stokes.

As for Commons, I thought he'd a good game today. Same for Ki. Should have done better with the two chances he got of course, but everyone would be creaming themselves over him had one of those gone in.

More worrying for me was the fact that every time Beattie/Driver/Skacel/Elliot got anywhere near K. Wilson, Loovens or Lustig, I thought they could score. Back four is in dire need of some work over the summer.

So quote me where I've excused Lenny's inappropriate behaviour. I'm working now and on here via my phone which is making it difficult to type what I wanna say. You pissed me off though and now all I see is a troll, which is a shame because there can be a lot of substance in what you say.

Enjoy your couple of days attacking Lennon.

Lubo, I'd ask you to remove reference to troll please mate. ASAP.I am not going to have my name blackened on here. If I pissed you off, I apologise, it was not my attention. If you think I take pleasure in watching a talented young manager self explode then you are clearly mistaken. It is actually very sad to see it unfold and Celtic need to sort it out. I fear it may be already too late though to avoid a substantial ban. Lenny will not fulfil his talent until this 'issue' is addressed. That is the reality of situation, we can argue till cows come home, but this is the issue for me.

Did I say that?

You said you were not going to criticise him? Why is that might I ask?!

• Advertisement

A very famous former Ireland and Celtic goalkeeper has said 'it's a shame Neil Lennon's attitude on the sideline and towards authority let's him down because he is an exceptional coach in training'

I wonder would he be willing to step back and just be a coach at the club, and let another manager take over.

Surely those in charge at the club must be losing patience with him with this kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Agree, the defence is still the main cause for concern, neither Loovens or K Wilson are good enough for me, Mulgrew would have been the better option at CB today. Sammy is better out wide and if we receive a decent bid in the summer I'd sell Hooper, great finishes but for me he's one of the main culprits with the 'only need to turn up to win attitude'.

I said a while back that we needed more experience in the team and that view was reinforced today. I'd love to see us go for an experienced CB and striker in the summer. In midfield i think we'll be fine especially when Kayal is back.

Edit: depending on how his recovery goes I think we should look at offering Big Dan a new deal, he was in good form when he got injured and should take a lot of credit for the run we went on which was built on better defensive performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Sammy works much better on the wing. I'm beginning to think he should only be played there. When he has played there this season, he's generally been excellent.

Hooper seemed lost for much of today. He definitely works better partnered with Stokes.

As for Commons, I thought he'd a good game today. Same for Ki. Should have done better with the two chances he got of course, but everyone would be creaming themselves over him had one of those gone in.

More worrying for me was the fact that every time Beattie/Driver/Skacel/Elliot got anywhere near K. Wilson, Loovens or Lustig, I thought they could score. Back four is in dire need of some work over the summer.

I don't think, Lustig was that bad. But Loovens and Wilson had not their best days for sure

Lubo, I'd ask you to remove reference to troll please mate. ASAP.I am not going to have my name blackened on here. If I pissed you off, I apologise, it was not my attention. If you think I take pleasure in watching a talented young manager self explode then you are clearly mistaken. It is actually very sad to see it unfold and Celtic need to sort it out. I fear it may be already too late though to avoid a substantial ban. Lenny will not fulfil his talent until this 'issue' is addressed. That is the reality of situation, we can argue till cows come home, but this is the issue for me.

You're not wrong about Lenny having a hothead on the line in general. However today I would make an exception and excuse him of having a go at the ref.

When it comes to twitter, if he is actually engaging in that, he should have better things to be doing. I think he is a talented manager, who needs to focus on his job and think about making Celtic competitive in Europe. He has a great opportunity to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Black, the dirty fecker - only in the mind of that incompetent Norris was this not a red card

21ozw3c.gif

Black, the dirty fecker - only in the mind of that incompetent Norris was this not a red card

21ozw3c.gif

That's a shocker alright. Nothing would surprise me with Black though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Agreed mate I hope they get the scum who had it and jail them
    I'm taking this kinda personally, I met the man outside parkhead years ago and he had plenty of time for the fans. Its so unwarrented

You said you were not going to criticise him? Why is that might I ask?!

Im not going to criticise him for approaching a referee, its part and parcel of football. I don't see anything he said on twitter as controversial. I wouldnt have a twitter account if I was in the public spotlight but thats a personal choice.

I think you're living in cuckoo land trying to apply rugby etiquette to football and I think there is a general overreaction to Lennon using twitter just because other people think they wouldnt use it if they were in his position.

He picked the wrong team today I reckon. There was no need for Loovens for example. Mulgrew would've been a better option at CB, what's the story with Izzaguire? Why isn't he an automatic choice since his return from injury.

The main problem today was not converting chances. We need a new striker, and we need to spend a few quid to get someone to do the job. We can raise the funds by punting a few players.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I don't think, Lustig was that bad. But Loovens and Wilson had not their best days for sure

As I said during the game, he wasn't bad going forward - but his main job is to defend and the space he gave away sometimes was :eek:.

• Advertisement

A very famous former Ireland and Celtic goalkeeper has said 'it's a shame Neil Lennon's attitude on the sideline and towards authority let's him down because he is an exceptional coach in training'

I wonder would he be willing to step back and just be a coach at the club, and let another manager take over.

Surely those in charge at the club must be losing patience with him with this kind of stuff.

This is the issue for me and I have stated it as naseum here including this evening. Till he sorts this out he cannot fulfil his potential.....

My wife is going mental at me for being in a bad mood since the game. She just does not understand football as she sits there watching some silly Voice show whilst I sit on the internet venting my fury at Celtic, Lennon, the refs and the SFA!

Im not going to criticise him for approaching a referee, its part and parcel of football. I don't see anything he said on twitter as controversial. I wouldnt have a twitter account if I was in the public spotlight but thats a personal choice.

I think you're living in cuckoo land trying to apply rugby etiquette to football and I think there is a general overreaction to Lennon using twitter just because other people think they wouldnt use it if they were in his position.

Nobody is criticising him for approaching a referee. It's the manner in which he does it though. He is getting out of hand, and that's coming from someone (me) who would be generally reluctant to criticise him considering what he has had to put up with. Enough is enough, this jumping about like a kid who's lost a game of kerbs is ridiculous and has to stop.

As for Twitter, I've said it before - I'd personally insist that players/staff/managers do not use it, and would have that inserted into contracts. It's a fecking dangerous tool when emotional people use it at the wrong time. Lenny will get into more trouble over this, I guarantee it. Twitter is a written record that's out in the public as soon as you post something in the heat of the moment. He should not be using it, simple as.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17721320

Claiming that this is a personal vendetta against him is a very serious allegation. Telling you, he's fecked with those comments. I bet he regrets some of the stuff he has posted in Twitter. I can understand how some Celtic fans don't admit to finding anything wrong with his actions, but I'd be surprised if most of you are not thinking "ffs Lenny" as well if you are honest about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I wonder if Lennon's latest antics will finally trigger that punishment that's been hanging over his head.

eire4 wrote: »
    That defeat today really hurts. A lot of guys pointing fingers at the ref again today and rightly so. No way do you decide a major game with a guess of a decision in the last minute and one that was obviously wrong. Having said that we had more then enough possession and chances to have won the game and not left the door open for the ref at the end. We have to point the finger at ourselves on that score. We had enough chances to win the game and didn't take them. Simple as that. We didn't play anywhere near the top of our game but we certainly were good enough on the day to win but like against Kilmarknock we simply didn't take our chances.

Are you talking about the penalty here ?

Because it's as clear as day that it was the right call:

33lkq5k.gif

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I wonder if Lennon's latest antics will finally trigger that punishment that's been hanging over his head.

What? Assassination?

What? Assassination?

No, the punishment that could come into play due to his previous comments and actions.

I read that at this very moment he has 3 cases regarding his conduct ongoing.

Because it's as clear as day that it was the right call:

Only if you are blind or deluded

No, the punishment that could come into play due to his previous comments and actions.

I read that at this very moment he has 3 cases regarding his conduct ongoing.

He has 3 and probably another 1 or 2 today

• Advertisement

Only if you are blind or deluded

Wait, so you can't see that Wanyama clearly hits the ball ?

Me thinks you're the blind one here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement