Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyways, seeing as the republican lesson from the colonization expert is over...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/04/21/former-celtic-kid-islam-feruz-blasted-over-twitter-comments-branded-an-insult-to-tommy-burns-memory-86908-23832018/
    GERRY COLLINS last night told Islam Feruz his foul-mouthed Twitter rant has desecrated the memory of Celtic legend Tommy Burns.

The Chelsea kid posted an expletive-laden comment on his account yesterday denying claims the Parkhead club had played a role in helping his family fight deportation from the UK six years ago.

But Collins, a close friend of Burns from childhood, claims Feruz should gets his facts straight and show more respect to the man who “fought tooth and nail” to keep his family here.

The intervention of then youth boss Burns was instrumental in stopping the family being sent back to war-torn Somalia.

But Feruz tweeted a furious rebuttal during an online blast when he gave his version of events.

He tweeted: CELTIC did f*** all with me staying in this country, get your f****** facts right and stop going with the story u read in the daily record!!”

The 16-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge in a cut-price compensation deal last summer and Collins insists the striker has disrespected the man to which the player owes everything.

He said: “It’s disgusting what the boy has said and shows a terrible lack of respect for everything Tommy did for him and his family. He hasn’t achieved anything yet in the game but I can tell him this, whatever he does go on to achieve in football will be down to Tommy Burns and he should be eternally grateful.

“I remember Tommy telling me he had discovered a gem but the Feruz family were facing deportation to a war zone and the issue became something Tommy fought tooth and nail to prevent.

“Football was a secondary issue, it was an act of humanity and compassion from Tommy, which was typical of the man.”

Feruz, who was raised in Castlemilk, Glasgow, made history as the first asylum-seeker to earn an international call-up under FIFA’s new eligibility rules when he represented Scotland’s Under-17 side two years ago.

And only this week Scots Under-21 boss Billy Stark named the striker in his squad for next week’s friendly against Italy, which will make him the youngest player to pull on the Dark Blue jersey at that level if he takes to the field.

But Collins believes the talented youngster should remember that international recognition comes a distant second to how you represent yourself as a person.

He said: “It’s hard to put into context the lack of gratitude this kid shows with these comments, it’s very sad.

“If Celtic did nothing for him then I would ask what moving him and his family from Castlemilk into a luxury flat in Charing Cross was?”

Feruz also posted a remark about his lack of progress during his spell at Parkhead and gloated over his role in helping Chelsea to the English FA Youth Cup Final.

He tweeted: “Heres a fact for you tweeps ... 6-7 yrs at celtic n never reached a cup final, one year at chelsea ... What happens??”

Islam Feruz hits a new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Can't blame him :pac:

429086_10151364718380367_763140366_23235646_307481447_n.jpg

After the abuse he received when he left Celtic I don't think he feels like he owes them anything anymore.
    Also, he's what... 17 ?
    I'd put that down to youthful ignorance.

His attitude was stink long before he left Celtic though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

An eejit is an eejit no matter what his colour or creed.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Maybe Rangers Inc. Corp. Ltd. or whatever they are called next could take him, he'd be right up their street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    Maybe Rangers Inc. Corp. Ltd. or whatever they are called next could take him, he'd be right up their street.

So far off the mark its not true but you carry on deluding yourself

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

So far off the mark its not true but you carry on deluding yourself

Ahh get a grip on yerself, and a sense of humour while you're at it ffs! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Madam wrote: »
    An eejit is an eejit no matter what his colour or creed.

No problem with him taking stick for being an eejit (as it could be argued he deserves it), but giving him stick because of colour of his skin is pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

No problem with him taking stick for being an eejit (as it could be argued he deserves it), but giving him stick because of colour of his skin is pathetic.
    You're right. Leave him alone, he's very young. I really hope he reaches his potential. When he grows, he'll remember Tommy and what he did for him.

I'd come in from the pub and was in a merry humour when I typed that. In the cold light of day I actually think that Feruz lad is an awful eejit. A bit like Stephen Ireland the only thing to do with the likes of them is ignore them.

Ahh get a grip on yerself, and a sense of humour while you're at it ffs! :)[/QUOTE

I will get a sense of humour when you grow up :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Ahh get a grip on yerself, and a sense of humour while you're at it ffs! :)[/QUOTE

you started it :p

you started it :p

Naw a didnae :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

What's with the thai looking writing on the back of their jerseys today against motherwell?

shanered wrote: »
    What's with the thai looking writing on the back of their jerseys today against motherwell?

Just flicked on, guess it's something to do with the visit of the Thai Tims:
    http://celticfc.net/newsstory.php?item=2459

Awww it's understandable you're in your flowers when your club is falling to pieces. I'll forgive you this time. :p

shanered wrote: »

It is thai writing, the jersey's are being auctioned off after the match in aid of the thai tims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

That's fairly cool alright. Fair play to them!

You'd think squad players would be chomping at the bit to prove that they are worthy of being in the starting 11, week in week out. Zaluska is the only player that has shown up and given Lennon something to think about.

Great pass by McCourt there, septic stuff from Cha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Does anyone have a stream handy

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    You'd think squad players would be chomping at the bit to prove that they are worthy of being in the starting 11, week in week out. Zaluska is the only player that has shown up and given Lennon something to think about.

Great pass by McCourt there, septic stuff from Cha.

Yep, you can definitely tell the league is done based on this match. Celtic have been very poor. Mulgrew, Zaluska and some decent play from Izzy and Ledley - other than that not much at all.

Brozek has to be a gonner I reckon.

Tony Watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0-1 Nice start Tony, I didn't know who you were 5 mins ago!

ColeTrain wrote: »

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/120452/3/watch-motherwell-fc-vs-celtic-fc.html

Well Done Tony Watt, great debut

Yep, you can definitely tell the league is done based on this match. Celtic have been very poor. Mulgrew, Zaluska and some decent play from Izzy and Ledley - other than that not much at all.

Brozek has to be a gonner I reckon.

Tony Watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0-1 Nice start Tony, I didn't know who you were 5 mins ago!

Today will seal Commons, Cha & Brozek's Celtic careers imo.

I knew of Tony Watt from Football Manager, never could get the best out of him though :pac:

Another one for Watt, brilliant stuff by him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

And he scored again great finishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

ColeTrain wrote: »

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/120452/3/watch-motherwell-fc-vs-celtic-fc.html

Well Done Tony Watt, great debut

Cheers dempsey

Today will seal Commons, Cha & Brozek's Celtic careers imo.

I knew of Tony Watt from Football Manager, never could get the best out of him though :pac:

Another one for Watt, brilliant stuff by him

Some of the other players could learn from the hunger of that young man.

Brilliantly taken goal.

• Advertisement

The comms system used by Lennon & Thompson shows how pointless a touchline ban is in the modern game.

0-3, Cha (of all people)!

What's the story with Hooper today? Not at the races at all.

Awww it's understandable you're in your flowers when your club is falling to pieces. I'll forgive you this time. :p

Jeez thanks a lot I feel so much better for that :P

The comms system used by Lennon & Thompson shows how pointless a touchline ban is in the modern game.

Your right they there should be a rule change banning them or any form of technical equipment. Using things like this just makes a mockery of touchline bans

• Advertisement

Great to see Paddy back in the team. Paddy has been completely under used this season. He is well up for playing in the SPL and does really well in away SPL games. I'd keep Paddy and punt Ki and with the money from Ki - and the rest that will be shipped out - sign a striker.

Great to see Paddy back in the team. Paddy has been completely under used this season. He is well up for playing in the SPL and does really well in away SPL games. I'd keep Paddy and punt Ki and with the money from Ki - and the rest that will be shipped out - sign a striker.

Fully agree with that.

Paddy was strolling through the game unlocking their defence so much that they put a man marker on him. With Lustig coming on we switched formation and Paddy went onto the left side and put Cha's goal,on a plate for him.

Can't understand why anyone would want to get rid of Paddy. On his day he's well worth a place on the team. Not on his day and he's still a fantastic squad player to have, not many people have the set of skills he has.

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of Paddy because he's poor though Bobby. And when you see him play like he did today, it does make you wonder why he is played so little.

We've got a lot of good players in midfield, and I think people tend to write off Paddy because we see so little of him. Everyone knows he has great dribbling skills, he runs at defenders and he's obviously very difficult to defend against.... so why has Lennon not played him more?

There's always talk that he can't last a full 90 mins, he's injury prone, he smokes etc.. Whatever about any of that, it's hard to justify a player that gets so little game time, for whatever reason. I'm sure every Celtic fan would be delighted to keep Paddy if he was going to be used regularly.

I don't think anyone wants to get rid of Paddy because he's poor though Bobby. And when you see him play like he did today, it does make you wonder why he is played so little.

We've got a lot of good players in midfield, and I think people tend to write off Paddy because we see so little of him. Everyone knows he has great dribbling skills, he runs at defenders and he's obviously very difficult to defend against.... so why has Lennon not played him more?

There's always talk that he can't last a full 90 mins, he's injury prone, he smokes etc.. Whatever about any of that, it's hard to justify a player that gets so little game time, for whatever reason. I'm sure every Celtic fan would be delighted to keep Paddy if he was going to be used regularly.

Before Commons came in January 2011, Paddy had a long run in the team where he was started regularly. The more he played the stronger he got, then Commons was signed and Paddy lost his place. Judging by that run, Paddy is worth his place in the squad and I think should be played more often.

He is particularly useful in away games v the provincial SPL teams. If we are going to (hopefully) be playing in the CL Group stages next season, McCourt can definitely play a role in the SPL on a more regular basis I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just been watching sportscene, am I going mad or was there something unusual about the the names on the Celtic jerseys today?

Eirebear wrote: »
    Just been watching sportscene, am I going mad or was there something unusual about the the names on the Celtic jerseys today?

คุณจะบ้า!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

คุณจะบ้า!
    Lol, thank god I had already figured it out before seeing this reply.
    I'm too hungover too handle confusion!

Lol, thank god I had already figured it out before seeing this reply.
    I'm too hungover too handle confusion!

:) Don't worry about it, I was wondering WTF was wrong with my eyes when I first switched on and saw the squiggles on every shirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

The names were in Thai, and the players tops are being auctioned off with the monies raised going to http://www.goodchildfoundation.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Just got to watching yesterdays game this morning and a nice response from Celtic. What a debut for Tony Watt. 2 goals that is just incredible. Absolute dreamland stuff. Nice to see Zaluska get a start and he played well making 2 important saves when it was still 0-0. Ledley was brilliant. Definite man of the match for me making an impact at both ends of the park. Good to see Izzy get 90 minutes again as well also.

• Advertisement

When the game was in the balance yesterday McCourt was fairly anonymous. McCourt is an empty shirt when it comes to grafting for the ball and thats why he doesnt get more gametime. Hard to see why Commons gets more gametime that him though, he's been shíte all season.

When the game was in the balance yesterday McCourt was fairly anonymous. McCourt is an empty shirt when it comes to grafting for the ball and thats why he doesnt get more gametime. Hard to see why Commons gets more gametime that him though, he's been shíte all season.

I thought McCourt was very good yesterday bar one mistake.

He played two completely different roles when he came on. The first he played deep in centre mid acting as the foil between defence and up front and I thought he played some lovely measured stuff as well as defending very well. His passing was superb.

When Lustig came on he went to the left wing and was given more freedom to run at players and he set up Cha's goal.

Paddy was one of our best players yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Just wondering if anyone has 2 spare tickets for the game on Sunday or knows someone that does?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

just caught the motherwell game last night, had to work Sunday. McCourt done well when he came on, I think the likes of a 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 would suit Paddy where he could play as the advanced midfielder and be allowed to roam.

A run in the team could be the making of him - I know a lot of us may be biased as he is Irish but at the end of the day, I think that after him and Ki, the creativity we have is lacking. I like Commons but I don't think he is up to it. I have been left disappointed with Hooper recently as well. I just wonder is there something underneath the surface there, he does not seem to be interested recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Just heard the big news. What do Celtic fans think of the punishment the SFA have given Rangers? Getting fined for going into administration is really tough, talk about kicking you when you are down!! They were already punished as a club by losing ten points and then for these fines! Craig Whyte has alot to answer for. Then a 12 month player registration ban, what is basis for that? The SFA can't be accused of going easy on Rangers that for sure! Puts an end to the 'establishment nonsense'I have rebuked on here for years from some Celtic fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

Brewster wrote: »
    Craig Whyte has alot to answer for.

What exactly constitutes a lot?

Perhaps I am wrong but maybe David Murray has a lot more to answer for?

Just heard the big news. What do Celtic fans think of the punishment the SFA have given Rangers? Getting fined for going into administration is really tough, talk about kicking you when you are down!! They were already punished as a club by losing ten points and then for these fines! Craig Whyte has alot to answer for. Then a 12 month player registration ban, what is basis for that? The SFA can't be accused of going easy on Rangers that for sure! Puts an end to the 'establishment nonsense'I have rebuked on here for years from some Celtic fans.

Go read the list of charges against Rangers & Whyte. Everything they were proven guilty on, they deserved nothing less than the maximum punishment. Why would they deserve to get any less? Everyone knows there is a fine for going into administration, fines for lies and cheating, why are Rangers fans shocked when they get punished for it? :confused: Too many years of getting away with it is all!

The appeal will be interesting. Will D&P take the punishment on the chin or will they allow the SFA to see the books in an attempt to shift more of the punishment onto Whyte. I think if the SFA gets a look at their books, gets a better picture than they already have, they'll sanction them further!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Bull****, even the SFA couldnt avoid this course of action. Your hurting, we understand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Bull****, even the SFA couldnt avoid this course of action. Your hurting, we understand

Thanks for your understanding nature Coillte! I'm bearing up! Seriously, like many others I am disappointed for the thousands upon thousands of Rangers fans around the world. They are ultimately the ones who get punished Coillte, it wasn't their fault Craig Whyte got the keys of Ibrox and forced them into administration. From my limited knowledge of what has happened, Craig Whyte is man that called the shots. He got rid of old board to give him the control he needed to make the decisions he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Brewster, there is a Rangers admin thread where your posts above would be more appropriate

Anyway back to this weekends action, the pic from 4 years ago is very apt!!

img1526jw.jpg

PS - nice win against Motherwell

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement