Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Brewster wrote: »
    Thanks for your understanding nature Coillte! I'm bearing up! Seriously, like many others I am disappointed for the thousands upon thousands of Rangers fans around the world. They are ultimately the ones who get punished Coillte, it wasn't their fault Craig Whyte got the keys of Ibrox and forced them into administration. From my limited knowledge of what has happened, Craig Whyte is man that called the shots. He got rid of old board to give him the control he needed to make the decisions he did.

I would agree it is a tough time for the Rangers fans out there and you're right they are the ones being punished in this but they also got to enjoy success at the club that some would say was achieved because of the tax avoidance schemes put in place by David Murray. If the investigations being carried out by the SFA find Rangers guilty on some of the allegations of dual contracts etc the punishments yesterday could seem tame in comparison.

There is no doubting the damage done by Whyte since he took over but the foundations were laid by David Murray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Thanks for your understanding nature Coillte! I'm bearing up! Seriously, like many others I am disappointed for the thousands upon thousands of Rangers fans around the world. They are ultimately the ones who get punished Coillte, it wasn't their fault Craig Whyte got the keys of Ibrox and forced them into administration. From my limited knowledge of what has happened, Craig Whyte is man that called the shots. He got rid of old board to give him the control he needed to make the decisions he did.

of course the fans are going to suffer, it's tough but what alternative is there?How else would you propose to deal with the mess? i dont know many rangers fans, seems to be a few decent lads on here and yes, i feel for them but i dont see any alternative

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

of course the fans are going to suffer, it's tough but what alternative is there?How else would you propose to deal with the mess? i dont know many rangers fans, seems to be a few decent lads on here and yes, i feel for them but i dont see any alternative

An alternative could be that for now the SFA let Rangers handle the administration process to get out of this mess, and then hit them with punishments when they are out of administration and have a new owner.

Sounds a lot more fair to me, instead of trying to kill off any chance to save the club.

I'm not disagreeing that punishment should be handed out for the EBT's etc (If found guilty ;) ), but the way they are handling it is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

it wasn't their fault Craig Whyte got the keys of Ibrox and forced them into administration. From my limited knowledge of what has happened, Craig Whyte is man that called the shots. He got rid of old board to give him the control he needed to make the decisions he did.

Bulls*it. Rangers were spending way beyond their means for years before Whyte sailed in. There's no need to paint out that he caused all of this, that's just not true. What goes up must come down and boy is it coming down now. Time for them to live with the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    An alternative could be that for now the SFA let Rangers handle the administration process to get out of this mess, and then hit them with punishments when they are out of administration and have a new owner.

Sounds a lot more fair to me, instead of trying to kill off any chance to save the club.

I'm not disagreeing that punishment should be handed out for the EBT's etc (If found guilty ;) ), but the way they are handling it is a joke.

I'm not sure if that would work, already we have seen Miller look for assurances that there would be no further punishments for Rangers if he takes over so if punishments were to be put off until after the administration process is complete it could lead to further uncertainty.

Only a guess but I think the SFA may be feeling a bit of pressure from UEFA in carrying out and punishing Rangers in relation to the financial cases, I'd imagine UEFA would not be happy to see a club of Rangers size and standing to be seen flouting their new laws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    An alternative could be that for now the SFA let Rangers handle the administration process to get out of this mess, and then hit them with punishments when they are out of administration and have a new owner.QUOTE]

That's hardly fair to the new owner/s though(unless they know of the sanctions beforehand).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Bulls*it. Rangers were spending way beyond their means for years before Whyte sailed in. There's no need to paint out that he caused all of this, that's just not true. What goes up must come down and boy is it coming down now. Time for them to live with the consequences.

It should be also pointed out that it was the demands of Rangers fans on David Murray that contributed to their current problems. They demanded success and berated him when he began to cut spending near the end of his tenure (Walter Smith had to publicly defend Murray after fans berated him for not outbidding Celtic's £4.5m offer for Scott Brown).

The fans can blame Murray and Whyte all they like, but their demands for success at any cost also played a big part in their own club's downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

ColeTrain wrote: »

It should be also pointed out that it was the demands of Rangers fans on David Murray that contributed to their current problems. They demanded success and berated him when he began to cut spending near the end of his tenure (Walter Smith had to publicly defend Murray after fans berated him for not outbidding Celtic's £4.5m offer for Scott Brown).

The fans can blame Murray and Whyte all they like, but their demands for success at any cost also played a big part in their own club's downfall.

Pompey, every fan of every club demands success. It is upto hierarchy of club to manage expectations. I dont know enough about detailed finances of Rangers to get into a debate on this i am afraid. From the outside looking in, the punishment seems extremely harsh. It is like Rangers have been given multiple fines for same offense, ie going into admin. I would have said David Murray was a fine man and a very successful businessman. I wouldn't think anyone could describe Craig Whyte in the same vein. The genuine Rangers fan who goes to see his team play every other Saturday is not to blame here, that much is certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Pompey, every fan of every club demands success. It is upto hierarchy of club to manage expectations. I dont know enough about detailed finances of Rangers to get into a debate on this i am afraid. From the outside looking in, the punishment seems extremely harsh. It is like Rangers have been given multiple fines for same offense, ie going into admin. I would have said David Murray was a fine man and a very successful businessman. I wouldn't think anyone could describe Craig Whyte in the same vein. The genuine Rangers fan who goes to see his team play every other Saturday is not to blame here, that much is certain.

Maybe you should actually look up the details of what they have been charged with before forming an opinion

Here you go again, spouting off on stuff you dont know anything about. Why dont you actually read the judgement??? |Many of he genuine rangers fan havedhad their head stuck in the sand for the last number of years imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Dempsey wrote: »
    Maybe you should actually look up the details of what they have been charged with before forming an opinion
    Here you go again, spouting off on stuff you dont know anything about. Why dont you actually read the judgement??? |Many of he genuine rangers fan havedhad their head stuck in the sand for the last number of years imo

Maybe best if we just spoke about the Celtic stuff in here. People already been pulled in one of the Rangers threads for not discussing an item in the administration thread. Why is it ok to discuss it in here then?????

It's not acceptable imo

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Maybe best if we just spoke about the Celtic stuff in here. People already been pulled in one of the Rangers threads for not discussing an item in the administration thread. Why is it ok to discuss it in here then?????

It's not acceptable imo

Amen to that. Keep this thread clear of Rangers chat. Two threads for that already. (Is that one thread for the patient and one for the ok bit, to use a Millerism.... :D )

PauloMN wrote: »
    Amen to that. Keep this thread clear of Rangers chat. Two threads for that already. (Is that one thread for the patient and one for the ok bit, to use a Millerism.... :D )

The replies to this are going to include 'but it's important to know how Celtic fans feel about it as it will affect Celtic'. This must be stopped Paulo

Hard to ignore some of the ****e that Brewster comes out with. Not the 1st time he's come into this thread and bleating on with a misinformed opinion about something that has nothing to do with Celtic.

Any Celtic news today, nobody suspended or banned? We're no craic! :pac:

Hard to ignore some of the ****e that Brewster comes out with. Not the 1st time he's come into this thread and bleating on with a misinformed opinion about something that has nothing to do with Celtic.

Any Celtic news today, nobody suspended or banned? We're no craic! :pac:

So how is it stopped then Dempsey?? It's rotten that it comes to this with some people all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Brewster apparantly lives in a cocoon and does not frequent other threads in this forum so we have to endure his male bovine excrement

Brewster apparantly lives in a cocoon and does not frequent other threads in this forum so we have to endure his male bovine excrement

Sorry guys, again I am being given a hard time over something so trivial. If I am looking for a Celtic fans opinion, it is logical that I come here surely?? I don't read other soccer forum threads, 99% of time I post here from phone and it is saved a favourite. No other reason. Genuinely don't get the hostility here. Ye have little to worry about in your lives clearly, seems so petty to me. I don't get it.

So how is it stopped then Dempsey?? It's rotten that it comes to this with some people all the time

I had a go at him before when he started talking about Rangers in the Celtic thread before so I know exactly how you feel about this carry on.

Its either ignore his posts or criticise him everytime he does it. Its the misinformed nature of his posts that gets the reaction more than anything.

Why though????

I had a go at him before when he started talking about Rangers in the Celtic thread before so I know exactly how you feel about this carry on.

Its either ignore his posts or criticise him everytime he does it. Its the misinformed nature of his posts that gets the reaction more than anything.

The criticism suits the whole agenda though. If it can't be done in the Rangers threads then why should it be tolerated in here?? It stinks

• Advertisement

Sorry guys, again I am being given a hard time over something so trivial. If I am looking for a Celtic fans opinion, it is logical that I come here surely?? I don't read other soccer forum threads, 99% of time I post here from phone and it is saved a favourite. No other reason. Genuinely don't get the hostility here. Ye have little to worry about in your lives clearly, seems so petty to me. I don't get it.

Brewster, your posting style is the following

'Just heard the news, what do you guys think? Me? I think it is dreadful..... the Rangers.... kept alive. The punishment ..... harsh.... over the top.... does not fit the crime..... etc' [ignore all subsequent questions from Celtic fans]'

Yeah, that sounds exactly like you are looking for Celtic fans opinion on things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

The criticism suits the whole agenda though. If it can't be done in the Rangers threads then why should it be tolerated in here?? It stinks

Agenda?
    Can't be done in the Rangers threads?

**** me Lubo, you've got a helluva short memory!
    All you've done in the dedicated Rangers thread is gloat, post silly pictures and gifs and generally rub the current situation into the faces of the bears who frequent this forum.

I'm not saying i don't agree - Brewster knows fine well that there are a couple of threads in relation to Rangers and admin running, but away and ****e with your accusations of "agendas" and quit being such a hypocrite.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well we (the frequent Celtic posters here) are all on both Rangers threads though (the sick patient one and the "ok bits" one), so a quick read of those will allow you to get our opinions. Even a read of today's posts between Jelle1880 and the rest of the world will show you what we think.

Because we are a thread that is open to all? :pac:

Brewster, your posting style is the following

'Just heard the news, what do you guys think? Me? I think it is dreadful..... the Rangers.... kept alive. The punishment ..... harsh.... over the top.... does not fit the crime..... etc' [ignore all subsequent questions from Celtic fans]'

Yeah, that sounds exactly like you are looking for Celtic fans opinion on things!

Am I not entitled to disagree with you guys and give my reasons why? This is what mature debate is all about. This is the biggest news possibly ever to hit Scottish football, Celtic are a Scottish club and yet I'm the naughty boy for asking what you guys think about it? FFS, This place never fails to amaze me. I just don't get it.

Brewster, how did you know what our views were for you to disagree with them? I thought the purpose of your post was to find out those exact views. You can then participate in the discourse where you challenge and get challenged.

Of course, the implication is that you read the Rangers administration thread and found those views and decided to disagree with them in the Celtic thread?

Just heard the big news. What do Celtic fans think of the punishment the SFA have given Rangers? Getting fined for going into administration is really tough, talk about kicking you when you are down!! They were already punished as a club by losing ten points and then for these fines! Craig Whyte has alot to answer for. Then a 12 month player registration ban, what is basis for that? The SFA can't be accused of going easy on Rangers that for sure! Puts an end to the 'establishment nonsense'I have rebuked on here for years from some Celtic fans.

I don't see the issue here, I ask what you guys think. In the same post I give my opinion of situation. No big deal.

Am I not entitled to disagree with you guys and give my reasons why? This is what mature debate is all about. This is the biggest news possibly ever to hit Scottish football, Celtic are a Scottish club and yet I'm the naughty boy for asking what you guys think about it? FFS, This place never fails to amaze me. I just don't get it.

If you read back in the Rangers in admin thread, the most relevant thread on the subject, you'd know what each and every one that has an interest in Scottish Football thinks about the whole thing. You didnt even bother to do that.

You come into the Celtic thread talking about Rangers with a completely misinformed opinion because, again, you were too lazy to read what Rangers were in the dock for, what they were found guilty of.

Using a phone to post is no excuse for the misinformed and lazy ****e in the wrong thread that you continually come out with. If you dont have the time to read other people's opinions first, dont have the time to read what actually going on, dont have the time to make a proper contribution to any of the Scottish Football threads, then dont bother posting at all imo. Wait until you have caught up and then post propely.

Ahhhh a bit of good old Brewster bashing on the Celtic Thread.
    At least some things stay the same!
    :D

• Advertisement

Brewster, how did you know what our views were for you to disagree with them? I thought the purpose of your post was to find out those exact views. You can then participate in the discourse where you challenge and get challenged.

Of course, the implication is that you read the Rangers administration thread and found those views and decided to disagree with them in the Celtic thread?

ADIG, what are you on about? I reposted my post again for you. I ask for your opinion and give my own. Don't get the criticism. It's as simple as that. This is not the Krypton Factor...

ADIG, what are you on about? I reposted my post again for you. I ask for your opinion and give my own. Don't get the criticism. It's as simple as that. This is not the Krypton Factor...

listen carefully. there is a seperate 'rangers in admin' thread and there you will find the opinions of celtic fans, this is a celtic thread, what do you not get?? if we all just decided to post all scottish related stuff in this thread it would quickly go to pot. Granted there is crossover now and again but you take the biscuit with it.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Agenda?
    Can't be done in the Rangers threads?

**** me Lubo, you've got a helluva short memory!
    All you've done in the dedicated Rangers thread is gloat, post silly pictures and gifs and generally rub the current situation into the faces of the bears who frequent this forum.

I'm not saying i don't agree - Brewster knows fine well that there are a couple of threads in relation to Rangers and admin running, but away and ****e with your accusations of "agendas" and quit being such a hypocrite.

I post here and there and the other there, and it's not all winding up and gloating :) There's a difference with blatant trolling and slagging the rivals. If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be rubbing it into us.

I post here and there and the other there, and it's not all winding up and gloating :) There's a difference with blatant trolling and slagging the rivals. If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be rubbing it into us.

How dare you suggest i'd be rubbing it in!
    :p

Still "Agenda"?
    It's good to know you're still a wee bit paranoid at least! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

How dare you suggest i'd be rubbing it in!
    :p

Still "Agenda"?
    It's good to know you're still a wee bit paranoid at least! ;)

Rangers fans seem to be the most paranoid fans in football just now

Havnt you read the last dozen or so posts?
    No discussing Rangers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I take it you didn't read the last thread when we won 3-2 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

So you're admitting you don't know what's going on but you think the punishment is harsh???!!!

Only you Brewster...

May I suggest you read up on the catalogue of maladministration over the last 20 that has put Rangers in the difficulties they're currently in before you come to have an opinion on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

I came into the Celtic forum to see what the comments were on the fantastic win on Monday night in the Youth cup final and cannot find any. ( I usually stay away as if I want to know about the other side I would go on their thread which so many Celtic fans seem to frequent).

Well done to the youths for the fantastic win. Listened to the match on BBC and was a little upset not to be able to watch it. However have now seen the goals and highlights and am delighted to think we have so many promising young players coming through.

Hopefully after Tony Watt's amazing debut last weekend we will see a few more get a run out for the last few games.

I hope that Neil, Alan and Johann stay with us and continue to grow and nurture the team.

Is there any further update on the team coming to Dublin in July? Any info would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

RoisinD wrote: »
    I came into the Celtic forum to see what the comments were on the fantastic win on Monday night in the Youth cup final and cannot find any. ( I usually stay away as if I want to know about the other side I would go on their thread which so many Celtic fans seem to frequent).

Well done to the youths for the fantastic win. Listened to the match on BBC and was a little upset not to be able to watch it. However have now seen the goals and highlights and am delighted to think we have so many promising young players coming through.

Hopefully after Tony Watt's amazing debut last weekend we will see a few more get a run out for the last few games.

I hope that Neil, Alan and Johann stay with us and continue to grow and nurture the team.

Is there any further update on the team coming to Dublin in July? Any info would be appreciated.

I agree, this thread seems to have been bogged down in stuff pertaining to our rivals.

On your point, absolutely sensational win by the youth team. First off, credit to QOTS for getting to final, by all accounts they had a very young team with some 15 year old lads in it, whereas we can call on the likes of McGeouch, Fraser and Twardzik who have all played senior football.

It sure is an exciting time for Celtic fans, Forster, Izaguirre, Rogne, Matthews, Ledley, Kayal, Wanyama, Hooper, Forrest are really young (prob left out another couple) in addition to these other young bhoys coming through. Have not heard any plans for the Dublin Super cup again this year, if memory serves it was not shown in the best light last year press-wise. I know there is another tour of US in the pipeline, but it will all be tailored towards CL qualifiers you would imagine.

So you're admitting you don't know what's going on but you think the punishment is harsh???!!!

Only you Brewster...

May I suggest you read up on the catalogue of maladministration over the last 20 that has put Rangers in the difficulties they're currently in before you come to have an opinion on it?

I was referring to the judgement Bobby. I have read the judgement and I stand by what I say. All the fines stem from one event, not paying the PAYE. This forced administration and fine, this forced bringing game into disrepute charge and the fine. The actions of one man has lead Rangers to their current situation. Nothing whatsoever to do with 20 years of maladministration in my view. If Craig Whyte had not seized control of Rangers would they be in administration now? I'd argue no, but that's just my opinion based on what I've read. You have a different view and that's cool. This is last I am going to say on this subject as its the wrong thread for it by all accounts. I dont want to annoy the posters on here, yet clearly I have done so which is not my intention.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

On football matters..is this sundays game the least hyped game v the huns in many a year? seems to be overshadowed by the goings on across the city. I also see Callum Murray is replacing Thomson as referee so Im expecting **** all but bad decisions and plenty of cheating.

Ohhhhhh Really?
    rangers are at death's door.
    The SFA and SPL don't seem to care.

Yet some of you're lot are still crying about refs, despite the game (For all intents and purpouses) being "meaningless".
    It's ****ing hilarious tbh.
    Old Gill wrote: »
    On football matters..is this sundays game the least hyped game v the huns in many a year? seems to be overshadowed by the goings on across the city. I also see Callum Murray is replacing Thomson as referee so Im expecting **** all but bad decisions and plenty of cheating.

Ohhhhhh Really?

Yet some of you're lot are still crying about refs, despite the game (For all intents and purpouses) being "meaningless".

So you want favouritism?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Ohhhhhh Really?

Not as hilarious as the plight of your lot and the ominous specter of liquidation that hangs over ye:D. Oops wrong thread:pac:

Not as hilarious as the plight of your lot and the ominous specter of liquidation that hangs over ye:D. Oops wrong thread:pac:
    Meh.

That was about one step up from "I thought you lot didnt do walking away"
    The lack of wit in this thread is worrying. ;)

So you want favouritism?

I don't recall saying that?

What do you expect the SFA/SPL to do so? They are doing their jobs properly but it sounds like you think they arent doing enough for Rangers. If they were, it would equate to favouritism.

What do you expect the SFA/SPL to do so? They are doing their jobs properly but it sounds like you think they arent doing enough for Rangers. If they were, it would equate to favouritism.

I am utterly confused by some of the latest posts in this thread and their subject matter considering what was said to me last night.. I give up trying to make sense of this....

I am utterly confused by some of the latest posts in this thread and their subject matter considering what was said to me last night.. I give up trying to make sense of this....

Easy confuse you.

99% of mine and Eirebear's posts in the Celtic thread would be Celtic related. This would be the other 1%. 99% of the your posts would be irrelevant and/or in the wrong thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement