Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Dempsey wrote: »
    Brewster wrote: »
    I am utterly confused by some of the latest posts in this thread and their subject matter considering what was said to me last night.. I give up trying to make sense of this....

Easy confuse you.

99% of mine and Eirebear's posts in the Celtic thread would be Celtic related. This would be the other 1%. 99% of the your posts would be irrelevant and/or in the wrong thread.

Interesting defence ! As I say no logic to it. You'd swear I have a high post count in the Celtic thread reading your response! It's rarely I post here if the truth be told. You and others have little to be worrying about it would appear. Very childish behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭HoggyRS

Eirebear wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh Really?
    rangers are at death's door.
    The SFA and SPL don't seem to care.

Yet some of you're lot are still crying about refs, despite the game (For all intents and purpouses) being "meaningless".
    It's ****ing hilarious tbh.

Meaningless? Are ye already making excuses ahead of a defeat this weekend?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Interesting defence ! As I say no logic to it. You'd swear I have a high post count in the Celtic thread reading your response! It's rarely I post here if the truth be told. You and others have little to be worrying about it would appear. Very childish behaviour.

I post alot in this thread, in the rangers thread & the rangers in admin thread. A very high percentage is relevant to whats being discussed in the thread, I provide links to support my opinion, links to breaking news stories that other forum users might not know about and I dont lazily ask people to repeat their point of view because I'm too lazy to read back. You on the other hand...

I post alot in this thread, in the rangers thread & the rangers in admin thread. A very high percentage is relevant to whats being discussed in the thread, I provide links to support my opinion, links to breaking news stories that other forum users might not know about and I dont lazily ask people to repeat their point of view because I'm too lazy to read back. You on the other hand...

I'll make sure to give you a nomination for poster of the year come the time! This is the last ill say on this. I can't believe I got drawn into this childish debate. People are far too precious around these parts sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

HoggyRS wrote: »
    Meaningless? Are ye already making excuses ahead of a defeat this weekend?;)

"All intents and purpouses" (I even included the mispelling!;))

Dempsey - you know as well as i do that there are factions within the SPL and SFA who would happily see us go to the wall, i never mentioned anything to do with recent punishments.

I'll make sure to give you a nomination for poster of the year come the time! This is the last ill say on this. I can't believe I got drawn into this childish debate. People are far too precious around these parts sometimes.

Do us all a favour and stick to rugby
    "All intents and purpouses" (I even included the mispelling!;))

Dempsey - you know as well as i do that there are factions within the SPL and SFA who would happily see us go to the wall, i never mentioned anything to do with recent punishments.

That wasnt clear in the other post. Celtic had to endure this too

That wasnt clear in the other post. Celtic had to endure this too

I'm sure they have, as long as i've posted on this forum you'll know i have always said the SFA and SPL are shambolic organisations.
    More recently the SPL has become even more so under the guidance of Regan.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

goals from cup final

Jackson Irvine scored a screamer

I sound like a broken record about this but alot of those players should really be playing at a higher level than the u19 squad. They should be more involved with the 1st team or loaned out for 1st team football. Its very evident by Twardzik's interview after the match that some players are playing well within their comfort zone for too long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

New Home Kit for the 125th Anniversary

125homekit.png

It doesnt matter what you do with the Tennents logo, it will never look good on a football jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

We still have our one star, they can never take it away from us :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It doesnt matter what you do with the Tennents logo, it will never look good on a football jersey.

The smaller the better though!

PauloMN wrote: »
    The smaller the better though!

Just ask for one without the logo, by law Celtic have to provide them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

not sure about it, might grow on me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Not liking it at all... maybe it'll grow on me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Not sure about the short sleeves(a fashion faux pas imo:rolleyes:)but as long as the hoops are there I'm content.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hard to judge by the photos - they look terrible cheap for some reason, like the sort of top you'd pick up from a market stall in Costa Del Sol. Will wait until I see one in reality to make my mind up.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like the lads are in their PJs. And with that suggestive look on Sammy's face, I'd be worried!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Just wondering if anyone has 2 spare tickets for the game on Sunday or knows someone that does?

Sent you a pm on this mate, you still looking for some?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Hard to judge by the photos - they look terrible cheap for some reason, like the sort of top you'd pick up from a market stall in Costa Del Sol. Will wait until I see one in reality to make my mind up.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it looks like the lads are in their PJs. And with that suggestive look on Sammy's face, I'd be worried!!!

Samaras ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

Just ask for one without the logo, by law Celtic have to provide them :)

really?

pbowenroe wrote: »
    really?

Not so sure, is that not just for the kids ones?

Madam wrote: »
    Not so sure, is that not just for the kids ones?

Nope, Muslims too - therefore they just provide it to anyone who asks.

Not me, I've always had a wee 'gra' for Sammy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Just wondering if anyone has 2 spare tickets for the game on Sunday or knows someone that does?

Sent you a pm on this mate, you still looking for some?
    Cheers mate pm'ed you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Love the kit. Bit like the Lisbon anniversary one and that was one of my favourites.

pbowenroe wrote: »
    really?

By law they have to do with kids now because of alcohol advertising restrictions on kids replica jerseys but even before that I was able to get a Celtic jersey and training tops, men sizes, without the Carling sponsor and they be selling them for less a few pound less too. This was through an official Celtic merchandise shop, no doubt Champion sports etc will not be as accommodating and not stock them.

I was trying to remember the reason for this, that it. That what was said to me in the shop.

God bless the Muslims! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Brewster, there is a Rangers admin thread where your posts above would be more appropriate

Anyway back to this weekends action, the pic from 4 years ago is very apt!!

img1526jw.jpg

PS - nice win against Motherwell

Nice Pic there. I am very much looking forward to this weekends final derby. Not just final derby of the season but final derby ever most likely. We won the first derby 5-2 so hopefully we can sign this series off in the history books with another win:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Looking forward to the game on Sunday. The season is over but after the cup disappointments and the last Old Firm I would like to see us put on a real show for the fans and win this one :).

• Advertisement

A win tomorrow would be nice, very nice.

Will we be wearing the new kits as a promo for next season I wonder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Afternoon, Gents.

Quick question as an outsider, is Gary Hooper likely to be at Celtic next season?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Afternoon, Gents.

Quick question as an outsider, is Gary Hooper likely to be at Celtic next season?

I'd say it's 50/50 right now. Southampton are apparently showing interest again, and their promotion might mean the bright lights of the EPL and the money are too much for Gary to resist.

Any big money offer will be impossible for Celtic to turn down though.

Gary Hooper wanted a new long term contract as far back as December but it seems that contract talks between Celtic and Hooper have stalled. I'd be fairly annoyed if Celtic sell him

Gary Hooper wanted a new long term contract as far back as December but it seems that contract talks between Celtic and Hooper have stalled. I'd be fairly annoyed if Celtic sell him

Depends on what the contract conditions were though. I'm sure Celtic would have been very open to getting him on a long contract, as it would increase his resale value if it ever came to that. Maybe the wage demands or other clauses were too much though.

Always remember, we don't want to be Broke FC..... ;)

How long has he left on his current contract anyway?

Tell you what, Peter lawell will be lapping up comments like that.
    ;)

;)

Pity Murray wouldn't. :pac: For me, nothing would be worth being in the predicament you lot are in at the moment.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Afternoon, Gents.

Given how good a job our scouting department are doing I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we lose him though I'd imagine he'll be going nowhere for under 6/7million.

Also, we don't need to sell, we're financially very strong so only ridiculous EPL type bids should prise him away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Given how good a job our scouting department are doing I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we lose him though I'd imagine he'll be going nowhere for under 6/7million.

Also, we don't need to sell, we're financially very strong so only ridiculous EPL type bids should prise him away.

I wish I had your optimism. An offer in the high 4's to 5 mill and Hooperman will be playing in England.
    Some day he'll be a 20 million plus rated player, a Scottish team will never be able to command the full worth of a player.
    Everton could sell Jelevic for 13 million right now imo, and he's still the same player that was playing in Scotland a few months ago.

Depends on what the contract conditions were though. I'm sure Celtic would have been very open to getting him on a long contract, as it would increase his resale value if it ever came to that. Maybe the wage demands or other clauses were too much though.

How long has he left on his current contract anyway?

4 year contract, apparently Celtic werent happy with Hooper's new agent, at the time, revealing to the press that the club were planning contract talks before the January window.
    ;)

Rangers arent in a position to sneer at Celtic over money :P

We've signed alot of duds too. For every Hooper we have a Rasmussen and a Bangura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Wow what a great day yesterday. Some brilliant individual performances all over the park and after that initial 10 minutes we completely dominated what was likely the last derby game. Izzy and Commons were back to their best. Commons was man of the match for me. As I mentioned before we won the first ever derby 5-2 so to sign off with a superb display and win 3-0 as we did yesterday was just fantastic.

:D
    2niw61c.png

Well done lads on the great win yesterday. Was in Bordeaux yesterday for Leinster semi so didn't get to see game game unfortunately. Heard Celtic won game comfortably. Hopefully it won't be last Old Firm Derby, it would be a travesty for game in Scotland if Rangers left SPL. Hopefully days like yesterday will make some Celtic fans realise how important Rangers are to Celtic.

Well done lads on the great win yesterday. Was in Bordeaux yesterday for Leinster semi so didn't get to see game game unfortunately. Heard Celtic won game comfortably. Hopefully it won't be last Old Firm Derby, it would be a travesty for game in Scotland if Rangers left SPL. Hopefully days like yesterday will make some Celtic fans realise how important Rangers are to Celtic.

Oh FFS! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17888308#asset

I like the way Lennon enjoyed the director box view of the match. I think a manager gets a better view of how his team and the opposition are set up. Celtic should definitely look into better methods of communication between the stands and the technical area as I believe its the way to go regardless of whether Lennon is banned from the touchline or not.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/97557-celtic-manager-neil-lennon-regrets-confrontation-with-referee-euan-norris/

Lennon regrets his confrontation with Euan Norris, is sending a letter of apology to the referee and basically throwing himself at the mercy of the judicial panel on that charge. He made some interesting comments about the twitter comments, basically asking if there is any proof that he actually made those comments on twitter.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/97564-celtic-manager-targeting-four-new-faces-as-six-told-to-leave-the-club/

Looks like the squad will get major surgery over the summer if Lennon gets his way. Looking forward to that happening, the squad badly needs it. Hopefully the like of Hooper, Stokes and Forster get their contracts sorted out aswell and remove that 'distraction'.

. He made some interesting comments about the twitter comments, basically asking if there is any proof that he actually made those comments on twitter.

lol - did he lose his phone in the back of a taxi too?

lol - did he lose his phone in the back of a taxi too?

LOL - I guess Eirebear has never been fraped :D

Seriously though, wouldnt the burden of proof be with the person making the accusation?

LOL - I guess Eirebear has never been fraped :D

Seriously though, wouldnt the burden of proof be with the person making the accusation?

More than likely, however i also assume there are grey areas when it comes to situations like this.
    It's his account, therefore it's his responsibility?

More than likely, however i also assume there are grey areas when it comes to situations like this.
    It's his account, therefore it's his responsibility?

Thats a slippery slope tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement