Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Eirebear wrote: »
    More than likely, however i also assume there are grey areas when it comes to situations like this.
    It's his account, therefore it's his responsibility?

I'd imagine any half decent lawyer will tear that charge apart (and wrote the reply letter), it simply cant be proved lennon made those remarks however likely it was him.

I dont doubt for a second he did though.

Thats the problem with the internet EB, there is already a huge debate about social media sites not verifying the identity of its users. Anyone found guilty of comments made on social media sites should have hired a better legal rep.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"How do you know it was me tweeting"? :D

C'mon Lenny, pull the other one. ;) I'm glad he's put his hand up and admitted he needs to control his temper better, fair play to him. But to try and distance himself from the tweet? :rolleyes:

I'm sure he's just doing what he needs to do to limit the damage i.e. his punishment, and maybe that's the line he'll take - "it wasn't me" etc.. Hard to prove alright, and if he denies it, well it'll be hard to punish him on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

bobmalooka wrote: »
    I'd imagine any half decent lawyer will tear that charge apart (and wrote the reply letter), it simply cant be proved lennon made those remarks however likely it was him.

I dont doubt for a second he did though.

Thats the problem with the internet EB, there is already a huge debate about social media sites not verifying the identity of its users. Anyone found guilty of comments made on social media sites should have hired a better legal rep.

I don't disagree - but it's an interesting area, and slightly childish from lennon to come away with that remark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I don't disagree - but it's an interesting area, and slightly childish from lennon to come away with that remark.

Is it guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty where you come from? :pac:

Dempsey wrote: »
    Is it guilty until proven innocent or innocent until proven guilty where you come from? :pac:

Didnt i just say i agreed with Bobmalooka? ;)

Doesn't mean i don;t distrust the "Someone hacked my account" defense though!

Didnt i just say i agreed with Bobmalooka? ;)

Doesn't mean i don;t distrust the "Someone hacked my account" defense though!

See we can agree every now and again :D

Personally I would prefer if Lenny manned up and stood by his comments, its not like him to deflect to be honest. I guess when it comes to the SFA all bets are off with him and he probably feels at this stage he needs to play them any way he can, the crack with lieing refs and taking light bans to keep quiet taught us that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Celtic seem oblivious that Ireland's flag isn't green, white and gold, but green, white and orange ? :pac:
    The all-black number, which features the same 125th anniversary crest as seen on the new home top, has an Irish Tricolour printed on the sleeves and on the top of the socks.

A media release from the club stated: "The club’s Irish heritage is reflected with green, white and gold colour accenting on the sleeves and the socks which reflect Celtic’s strong Irish roots."

2927dwp.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I really, really like that away top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The gold bit really gets on my nerves, it is orange

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Celtic seem oblivious that Ireland's flag isn't green, white and gold, but green, white and orange ? :pac:

Moreso the writer of the article because the jersey clearly has orange on it, not gold.

Nice to read that Hooper has dismissed speculation about him leaving the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

The club should have amended their statement, it's orange not gold and anyone looking at the picture can clearly see its orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Moreso the writer of the article because the jersey clearly has orange on it, not gold.

Nice to read that Hooper has dismissed speculation about him leaving the club

Aye but it's from the Celtic website.

But yeah, it's clearly orange and imo a nice touch, seeing the links between the club and Ireland.

But yeah, it's clearly orange and imo a nice touch, seeing the links between the club and Ireland.

I know, the person better be getting the piss ripped out of him for it. They probably think Ireland is part of the UK and all!

Anyone see the tackle of the year? Andre Blackman taking out Lennon on the sideline of a reserve game! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I know, the person better be getting the piss ripped out of him for it. They probably think Ireland is part of the UK and all!

Anyone see the tackle of the year? Andre Blackman taking out Lennon on the sideline of a reserve game! :pac:

Nice tackle alright, not surprised Blackman ran off so quick after!

Disgraceful. :mad: Celtic are a British club. :mad: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

PauloMN wrote: »

Like Athletic Bilbao being a Spanish club? :D

Anyway, the new away strip is great, gonna get one for sure :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

New away shirt is quality :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

PauloMN wrote: »

I'm privately seething at that remark.

Always been the same with Celtic and sectarianism in Glasgow - Not understanding the flag you claim to hold so dear is typical of certain factions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Always been the same with Celtic and sectarianism in Glasgow - Not understanding the flag you claim to hold so dear is typical of certain factions.

Your alluding to the fact that the flag was always supposed to be green white and orange?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

the match tonight being shown on BBC Alba at 10pm - delayed coverage - great!!

NOw wtf is BBC Alba!?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shankespony

Eirebear i think the scotland and ireland colours should have been incorporated into the jersey as a tribute to where celtic have their roots and where they play now.

Bill Miller looks like the man now it wll be interesting times ahead for your club.

Ladjacket wrote: »
    NOw wtf is BBC Alba!?

BBC Scotland (Alba - Gaelic for Scotland):)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

is BBC Alba and BBC Scotland not two different channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

They are, BBC Alba is the Gaelic language channel

• Advertisement

If you have Sky, or a Freesat or free-to-air sat box, you can get BBC Alba. You might need to add it through "other channels".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Whats the link here or am I missing something??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Madam wrote: »
    BBC Scotland (Alba - Gaelic for Scotland):)

And for my random fact of the day:

Back in the High Medieval period Scotland was known as Albania and an person from Ireland was called a Scot (Scotland just means "The Land of the Irish").

Whats the link here or am I missing something??

I think he's trying to say we Celtic supporters don't know the significance and the meaning behind the green, white and 'orange'(gold being the more poetic word often used) on the Irish flag. I just wonder how many Rangers fans who fly the Ulster flag((a misnomer if ever there was one- which annoys me no end;)) would know what thats all about:rolleyes:

And for my random fact of the day:

Back in the High Medieval period Scotland was known as Albania and an person from Ireland was called a Scot (Scotland just means "The Land of the Irish").

Ah, your thinking of Dalradia:)?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

http://www.fansfc.com/story/40457.html

In my view Lenny is right in what he says above. We can however freshen things up a bit with the squad and we will have to do that if we are to reap the benefit of qualifying for the CL Group Stage and making any kind of impact at that level. Lenny was right the other day when he said we should sell to finance a move in the market as well as get rid of the deadwood that are taking a wage but generally are either out on loan or wont get a game.

I'd sooner punt Ki than Hooper, but maybe no-one is willing to stump up for Ki. We need a commanding center half and an experienced striker to lead the line for us in Europe. Selling Hooper and/or Ki would finance that if we shopped around a bit. If we can establish ourselves as a fixture in the CL, and get to a position where we will gain automatic qualification for the group stages every season - because we are more or less guaranteed to win the SPL for a while - then Celtic can budget with CL money in mind.

Madam wrote: »
    I think he's trying to say we Celtic supporters don't know the significance and the meaning behind the green, white and 'orange'(gold being the more poetic word often used) on the Irish flag. I just wonder how many Rangers fans who fly the Ulster flag((a misnomer if ever there was one- which annoys me no end;)) would know what thats all about:rolleyes:

Yeah I get that but I was wondering why he was insinuating that being a Celtic supporter and sectarian was the same thing??

Don't know but kettle and pot comes to mind:)

http://www.fansfc.com/story/40457.html

In my view Lenny is right in what he says above. We can however freshen things up a bit with the squad and we will have to do that if we are to reap the benefit of qualifying for the CL Group Stage and making any kind of impact at that level. Lenny was right the other day when he said we should sell to finance a move in the market as well as get rid of the deadwood that are taking a wage but generally are either out on loan or wont get a game.

I'd sooner punt Ki than Hooper, but maybe no-one is willing to stump up for Ki. We need a commanding center half and an experienced striker to lead the line for us in Europe. Selling Hooper and/or Ki would finance that if we shopped around a bit. If we can establish ourselves as a fixture in the CL, and get to a position where we will gain automatic qualification for the group stages every season - because we are more or less guaranteed to win the SPL for a while - then Celtic can budget with CL money in mind.

Hooper says he wants to be here for the UCL campaign. Ki, Stokes, Samaras, Commons plus all the deadweight before considering selling him please Lennon! That press conference really has been taken out of context for a headline imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

samnojelly.gif

Hooper says he wants to be here for the UCL campaign. Ki, Stokes, Samaras, Commons plus all the deadweight before considering selling him please Lennon! That press conference really has been taken out of context for a headline imo

I would definitely sell all of those before selling Hooper.

Not sure how much we'll get for Ki, his form hasn't been great but he has a lot of caps for S Korea and has marketing value. Stokes, 1.5 million max for him from a Championship club maybe. Samaras is on a long contract and a European side could be willing to pay a few million for him. Commons wouldn't fetch a big fee either I don't think.

But yeah if Celtic sold all those and shifted the deadwood we might have a decent kitty for a quality center half and striker, plus a couple of squad players for cover.

Stokes, 1.5 million max for him from a Championship club maybe.

Stokes is 23, has scored 47 goals in two seasons, has sorted out he's discipline problems and was signed by Celtic for £1.2m and has improved in the interim, no way in hell would I let him go for £1.5m, definitely add at least another Million to that, I think because he has been around so long people forget how young he is, strikers typically dont peak untill circa 27/28 he would be avery good investment for one of the bottom third team,s in the Premier league or one of the newly promoted clubs.

Stokes is 23, has scored 47 goals in two seasons, has sorted out he's discipline problems and was signed by Celtic for £1.2m and has improved in the interim, no way in hell would I let him go for £1.5m, definitely add at least another Million to that, I think because he has been around so long people forget how young he is, strikers typically dont peak untill circa 27/28 he would be avery good investment for one of the bottom third team,s in the Premier league or one of the newly promoted clubs.

Well it's all conjecture, Stokes isn't necessarily for sale unless someone makes a reasonable bid for him. Judging by Lenny's comments recently he wants to shake up the squad a bit, and will sell a player or two as well as offload the deadwood to free up wages to do that.

We know that 6 players definitely wont be at Celtic next season because the club is in the process of telling them. I hope there will be more than that leaving as all their wages add up to a significant amount tied to clutter.

Darren O’Dea, Daniel Majstorovic, Niall McGinn, Mark Wilson, Cha Du-Ri and Glenn Loovens are out of contract.

Paddy McCourt, Efrain Juarez, Morten Rasmussen and Daryl Murphy are not close enough to the 1st team.

Forster & Brozek loan deals end. Celtic are in the process of retaining Forster and I think Brozek hasnt done enough to merit keeping him instead of promoting Tony Watt.
    "We want to add three or four quality players and we don't want to clog up the young ones coming through, we want to give them the opportunity."

Hopefully we can get what we want without selling first team regulars, there are plenty there in line for the chop before we get to them. I think Lennon needs to pick clean that u19 team of all useful players to pad the squad. We could have a very lean and hungry squad come the 1st UCL qualifier match.

Paddy McCourt, Efrain Juarez, Morten Rasmussen and Daryl Murphy are not close enough to the 1st team.

Paddy McCourt is the only one of those that we should be even cosidering keeping, and I would like to see him retained, but they need to lay down an ultimatum to him, improve your fitness and lifestyle or bye bye, but he has sooo much talent and raw ability I would persist with him for another season, there's always room for a mercurial player like Paddy at Parkhead IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

6 game ban touchline for Lennon.

3 to be served immediately and 3 suspended until the end of next season.

Paddy McCourt is the only one of those that we should be even cosidering keeping, and I would like to see him retained, but they need to lay down an ultimatum to him, improve your fitness and lifestyle or bye bye, but he has sooo much talent and raw ability I would persist with him for another season, there's always room for a mercurial player like Paddy at Parkhead IMO.

He's at Celtic 4 years now, i think the time for ultimatums has passed. If he couldnt improve his fitness & work ethic at 25, he's not going to do it at 28. I like Paddy but I think he's not done enough in the last 18 months and hopefully we can attract a good offer for him.
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    6 game ban touchline for Lennon.

3 to be served immediately and 3 suspended until the end of next season.

Hopefully we can perfect the comms system by the start of next season. He enjoyed being in the stand for the Old Firm match, just found it hard to communicate with the bench because of the atmosphere.

Any bans for Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini yet? They even been cited?

He's at Celtic 4 years now, i think the time for ultimatums has passed. If he couldnt improve his fitness & work ethic at 25, he's not going to do it at 28. I like Paddy but I think he's not done enough in the last 18 months and hopefully we can attract a good offer for him.

Yeah your probably right from a practical viewpoint, I've just always had a soft spot for Paddy and shur arent we all entitled to one luxury :D

Hopefully we can perfect the comms system by the start of next season. He enjoyed being in the stand for the Old Firm match, just found it hard to communicate with the bench because of the atmosphere

TBH and this is with my non-Celtic hat on if you are banned from the touchline then you should be banned from any form of contact with the bench at all, it makes a mockery of the punishment.

TBH and this is with my non-Celtic hat on if you are banned from the touchline then you should be banned from any form of contact with the bench at all, it makes a mockery of the punishment.

Absolutely, its not a punishment but more of a 'slight hindrance' for 6 matches but SFA/SPL were well aware of the workarounds when they proposed the rules so until the revise them, mock away Lennon mock aweh! :D

Hopefully we'll be hearing stories of Lennon sneaking into the dressing room via a laundry basket in the future! :pac:
    "The judicial panel found Mr Lennon in breach but imposed no further sanction based on the fact he was not responsible for the posting of the actual tweet."

Sets a precedent about future punishments for twitter users and social media for people involved in the SPL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Sorry but who or what are you referring to here?:confused:

you usually come across as a sound lad but this post was moronic to say the least :confused:

CELTIC (4-4-2) Zaluska; M Wilson, Rogne, K Wilson, Izaguirre; McGeouch, Wanyama, Ledley, Commons; Stokes, Bangura

Subs: Forster, Brozek, Lustig, Blackman, Ibrahim, Cha, Hooper
    Big game for McGeouch & Bangura. I hope to see Izaguirre rampaging up & down the left side of the field too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Ibrahim is on the bench too. Hope he gets a run out

Wilson is the captain. Probably to let him leave on a high. Bangura hat trick please...

• Advertisement

We do have a 1 year option on Mark Wilson's contract, could be an opportunity to get it exercised.

Mo Bangura looks lively so far, his work off the ball particularly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement