Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I have no idea if it's a fact. I know it's deflecting from the point of what we had been discussing. It's whataboutery.

No its not its a fact your board told lies therefore they gave up on sporting integrity. Its also a fact that your are confused as to what the SPL ae actually discussing but hey carry on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

No these punishments are not in the rule book in fact I think you will find they don't even know if they can sanction us.
    So maybe you should check your facts before jumping in

I think you'll find that you are taking sensationalist headlines as gospel. I wasnt referring to those pending rule changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Or when they decided to keep a proven bigot as their official supporters' spokesman.

Another interesting thread ruined by silly quotes like this! Are there any Mods on here at all?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

No its not its a fact your board told lies therefore they gave up on sporting integrity.

I have no idea what you are blathering on about, whatever it is it's not on the same enormous scale as the financial scandal at Rangers. Like I said it's deflecting from what we are discussing and is whataboutery.

When it comes to sporting integrity you have already made it clear that you have little time for sporting integrity. A lot of "pish" talked on here about sporting integrity was the way you sarcastically put it. We can see where you're coming from pal.
    Its also a fact that your are confused as to what the SPL ae actually discussing but hey carry on

We can see what's happening, and will keep a close watch on developments buddy. Someone has to try to maintain some semblance of integrity in the game in Scotland.

What are you talking about now. More deflection.

No but I won't have you talk about my club as Scotland's shame when your club will forever lead the stake in that Its time that people stopped shoving things under the carpet I for one am sick to the back teeth with the moral high ground very wrongly taken by some Celtic fans and if you don't know what I am talking about you must have been hiding in your own wee bubble for years

I have no idea what you are blathering on about, whatever it is it's not on the same enormous scale as the financial scandal at Rangers. Like I said it's deflecting from what we are discussing and is whataboutery.

When it comes to sporting integrity you have already made it clear that you have little time for sporting integrity. A lot of "pish" talked on here about sporting integrity was the way you sarcastically put it. We can see where you're coming from pal.

We can see what's happening, and will keep a close watch on developments buddy. Someone has to try to maintain some semblance of integrity in the game in Scotland.

And who made you God Oh and you are not my Buddy in any shape or form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Of course he doesn't like it when you tell him a fact in fact he often disappears when you do

facts not relevant to the discussion are 'whataboutary' TBF.

To whoever said EBT's weren't proven, they use of EBT's has not been contested by Rangers just the liability they should face for using them therefore it is perfectly fair for the SPL/SFA to apply punishments if they deem EBT'S to be unacceptable.

Personally I think if Rangers form a 'newco' they should start at the bottom and work their way up.

When the full circumstances of EBT's, possible dual contracts and any other forms of cheating fully come to light then the SFA should impose further sanctions based on the severity of any proven cheating.

What do Rangers fans think is fair? a lot of ye seem to disagree with every possible form of punishment

And who made you God Oh and you are not my Buddy in any shape or form

I was being sarcastic, in case you didn't notice buddy.

No but I won't have you talk about my club as Scotland's shame when your club will forever lead the stake in that Its time that people stopped shoving things under the carpet I for one am sick to the back teeth with the moral high ground very wrongly taken by some Celtic fans and if you don't know what I am talking about you must have been hiding in your own wee bubble for years

Jesus! How often does this tit for tat between you lot go on for? No wonder there are only 7 or 8 regular posters on here when everthing gets taken down to this level!:mad::mad:

Btw I don't live in a bubble but I don't know what your talking about!

I was being sarcastic, in case you didn't notice buddy.

Well you need to work on it mate

• Advertisement

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Personally I think if Rangers form a 'newco' they should start at the bottom and work their way up.

When the full circumstances of EBT's, possible dual contracts and any other forms of cheating fully come to light then the SFA should impose further sanctions based on the severity of any proven cheating.

What do Rangers fans think is fair? a lot of ye seem to disagree with every possible form of punishment

Is that not what Rangers fans want really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Nobody disagrees we should be punished, we disagree with the attempt to force in new levels of punishment.

Nobody has a problem with relegation to division 3 if it is deemed to be a suitable punishment, but the attempt at moving of the goalposts by SPL clubs to introduce new rules but to ensure our SPL status so as to bring in the money our fans do to their clubs and to keep the TV deals and sponsorship etc in place, yet render us noncompetitive is totally unfair.

Where's the "Sporting Integrity" there?

My, my aren't we getting hot under the collar. Like I said it's sack cloth and ashes time for your lot, your indignation isn't doing you any favours.

Madam wrote: »
    Jesus! How often does this tit for tat between you lot go on for? No wonder there are only 7 or 8 regular posters on here when everthing gets taken down to this level!:mad::mad:

Btw I don't live in a bubble but I don't know what your talking about!

Look madam do you expect me just to sit and take flack thrown at my club because it upsets your ladylike disposition its the very nature of a forum. Well I suggest you read up on some of the goings on at your club they are on a par with my church

My, my aren't we getting hot under the collar. Like I said it's sack cloth and ashes time for your lot, your indignation isn't doing you any favours.

Hot under the collar not at all I just won't accept you calling us Scotlands shame

Well you need to work on it mate

OK buddy

Wow, just wow.

Is this what you need to resort to to distract from whats going on at Rangers?

Hot under the collar not at all I just won't accept you calling us Scotlands shame

Well the reputation of a section of your clubs support down the years precedes you. But anyway let's not engage in whataboutery.

Wow, just wow.

Lets not pretend it doesn't happen both ways.

For example, any discussion regarding something happening at Celtic quickly turns into "Aye but you's had a sectarian signing policy".

Somehow I don't think the tit for tat stuff will ever disappear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

isn't the whole conversation "Whataboutery"?
    No one knows what's going to happen after all...;)

Well Semi Colon; Joe says they're boycotting stadiums if we're allowed to remain in the SPL without sanction.

"Celtic fans chief Joe O'Rourke plans to organise a boycott of clubs who fail to vote for sanctions against a newco Rangers staying in the SPL." (Daily Express)

Find it amazing how his comments on Protestants drowing on the Titanic was swept under the carpet, imagine the uproar had a Rangers fans representative said something about Catholics.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not even season end, and this thread is a train wreck.

Can't wait until August.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Nobody disagrees we should be punished, we disagree with the attempt to force in new levels of punishment.

Nobody has a problem with relegation to division 3 if it is deemed to be a suitable punishment, but the attempt at moving of the goalposts by SPL clubs to introduce new rules but to ensure our SPL status so as to bring in the money our fans do to their clubs and to keep the TV deals and sponsorship etc in place, yet render us noncompetitive is totally unfair.

Where's the "Sporting Integrity" there?

correct the proposals by the 'other 10' serve knowone. They are afraid of the short term hit monetary hit rather than see the potential of growing their clubs while Rangers work their way back to the SPL. This proposal will kill the scottish game if it goes ahead.

The point I was also making is that some Rangers fans feel that there should be no further sanctions if they restart in Division3.

Starting in Division3 is rightly where any Newco should start regardless of their past.

Punishments need to be considered after that depending on the full severity of Rangers financial cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Or when they decided to keep a proven bigot as their official supporters' spokesman.

I love it when you guys try and take the moral high ground!!!

Strangely you guys always seem quiet when this kind of thing (yet ANOTHER Rangers player getting done for being a sectarian oaf) happens - http://m.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/rangers-player-grant-adam-guilty-over-sectarian-chant-1-2276772

Well Semi Colon; Joe says they're boycotting stadiums if we're allowed to remain in the SPL without sanction.

"Celtic fans chief Joe O'Rourke plans to organise a boycott of clubs who fail to vote for sanctions against a newco Rangers staying in the SPL." (Daily Express)

Find it amazing how his comments on Protestants drowing on the Titanic was swept under the carpet, imagine the uproar had a Rangers fans representative said something about Catholics.

Wasn't the Titanic largely built by Rangers fans;)

• Advertisement

Lets not pretend it doesn't happen both ways.

For example, any discussion regarding something happening at Celtic quickly turns into "Aye but you's had a sectarian signing policy".

Somehow I don't think the tit for tat stuff will ever disappear.

Yes, when the topic is about sectarianism.

But potential punishments for financial doping getting linked to child abuse FFS

Strangely you guys always seem quiet when this kind of thing (yet ANOTHER Rangers player getting done for being a sectarian oaf) happens - http://m.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/rangers-player-grant-adam-guilty-over-sectarian-chant-1-2276772

Bobby - Look back a few pages, it's been discussed. One Celtic fan calling for his head on a plate.
    Havnt seen anyone mention Semi Colon Joe before now.

Yet another though? Who else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

edit: What Eirebear said :)

I don't see that as a Rangers fan taking the moral high ground, thats a Rangers fan reminding Celtic they're not whiter than white.

The majority or Rangers fans acknowledge that we have/had problems, how many Celtic fans acknowledge problems they have had, past or present, very few in comparison.

Wow, just wow.

The thing is I am not trying to distract from any reasonable discussion but theScotlands Shame crap does not come into that category

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Well getting back to things Celtic. One more match left in the season. It seems like Lennon is treating next Sundays final game seriously and I would expect us to field a very strong team with the likes of Scott Brown returning and Victor Wanyama in from the start. Hopefully we can put on a real show and finish the season on a real high. It has been a terrific league title to win given how badly we started the season and how far behind we were at one point.

Neil Lennon named manager of the year. No surprise whoever wins the league usually gets that award. Still when Celtic were 15 points behind last November and Lenny was under pressure, he battled hard and his team came out on top in the end. Well done Neil, onwards and upwards from here.

Neil Lennon named manager of the year. No surprise whoever wins the league usually gets that award. Still when Celtic were 15 points behind last November and Lenny was under pressure, he battled hard and his team came out on top in the end. Well done Neil, onwards and upwards from here.

The writers award I presume? Derek Adams won the manager of the year at the league awards on Sunday.

I'm guessing Mulgrew will win writers POTY as well.

It was the SPL awards last night. Derek Adams won the PFA awards.

Dempsey wrote: »
    It was the SPL awards last night. Derek Adams won the PFA awards.
    Charlie Mulgrew and James Forrest adding the SPL Player and Young player of the years awars to the PFA ones they won at the weekend as well.

CELTIC Football Club has today issued a statement regarding the ongoing situation in Scottish football.

As the Club prepares for the final league match of this season, when the SPL trophy will be presented to Celtic after Sunday’s game against Hearts, Chief Executive Peter Lawwell also thanked the Celtic supporters for their unwavering backing of the team throughout the campaign, which has helped to deliver the title back to its rightful place.

The Chief Executive said: “We are fully aware of our supporters´ concerns regarding the current situation across Scottish football and the breadth of opinion within our supporter base.

“The issues are complex and there is much uncertainty. Indeed, the situation repeatedly changes, even on a daily basis. I am sure our supporters understand that these developments are receiving our full focus and attention.

“Our guiding principle is that we will do what is in the best interests of Celtic Football Club and our supporters, consistent with upholding the interests and reputation of Scottish football.

“I can also give an assurance that we will communicate further and directly with our supporters at the appropriate time.

“Celtic Football Club is an institution which is about to celebrate its 125th season and we will be proud to mark this season as Champions of Scotland. Your magnificent support has played a vital role in bringing the Scottish Premier League title back home to Celtic Park.

“As Neil said recently, we have never been more united and I know this unity will be vital as we move forward.

“We look forward to Sunday´s match when we will celebrate all that is great about our Club and I am sure we will celebrate as only a packed Celtic Park knows how."

Pretty much a nothing statement really which is understandable. Celtic can hardly come out in public with anything definite at this point given all the uncertainty. But hopefully they have something up their sleeve for when the SFA try and pull another fast one to help their buddies out.

eire4 wrote: »
    . But hopefully they have something up their sleeve for when the SFA try and pull another fast one to help their buddies out.

You were doing well untill this point.
    Where in the world have you conjured up the idea that the SPL are trying to help Rangers out from?

The only people the likes of Thomson and Johnston are looking out for is themselves, and as such are doing their best to dream up a punishment, yes a punishment, which is not only ridiculous but also probably more harmful to both a still hypothetical Rangers and Scottish Football than a simple relegation would.

Eirebear wrote: »
    eire4 wrote: »
    . But hopefully they have something up their sleeve for when the SFA try and pull another fast one to help their buddies out.

You were doing well untill this point.
    Where in the world have you conjured up the idea that the SPL are trying to help Rangers out from?

The only people the likes of Thomson and Johnston are looking out for is themselves, and as such are doing their best to dream up a punishment, yes a punishment, which is not only ridiculous but also probably more harmful to both a still hypothetical Rangers and Scottish Football than a simple relegation would.

Don't know why your wasting your time some people see things that they want to see not what's actually happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Don't know why your wasting your time some people see things that they want to see not what's actually happening

Images of pots and kettles immediately spring to mind for some reason ;)

Images of pots and kettles immediately spring to mind for some reason ;)

Why we can accept punishment but as has been said people like Thompson want to have their cake and eat it. Thats what Rangers fans in general are objecting to. No sign of pots and kettles here

• Advertisement

Why we can accept punishment but as has been said people like Thompson want to have their cake and eat it. Thats what Rangers fans in general are objecting to. No sign of pots and kettles here

The best option is to relegate Rangers and Thompson and others should grow a pair and vote for that. I also think the stance from some spl chairmen on this is giving Rangers fans like you an opportunity to whinge and moan, which ye are more than willing to take advantage of by the sounds of it. It's all ye're own doing so quit your greetin.

The best option is to relegate Rangers and Thompson and others should grow a pair and vote for that. I also think the stance from some spl chairmen on this is giving Rangers fans like you an opportunity to whinge and moan, which ye are more than willing to take advantage of by the sounds of it. It's all ye're own doing so quit your greetin.

You are talking out your arse I have said many times I would like us to go to division three so when you can come up with a better argument get back to me

Rangers Football Club: Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny withdraw bid

Stewart KirkpatrickMay 11th, 20125
    santas-300x175.jpgThe Yule Knights leave the press conference. Picture: Ben Kidlington
    Have you decided not to buy Rangers Football Club? If so, leave a comment below
    Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny have withdrawn their bid to buy Rangers, according to the club’s administrators, Duff and Phelps.
    On breaking the news, an ashen-faced Saint Claus commented: “Time is running out to secure a Getting Away With It Agreement.”
    After the earlier decision by the Three Bears and the Little Boy Blue Knights to step away, the club’s hopes now rest with a young widow’s son called Jack. This, however, is contingent upon his being able to raise a handful of magic beans from Ticketus.
    Aside from that, there was a flurry of excitement today after rumours surfaced that someone in Scotland had not yet been approached about buying the club. The mood dampened when it emerged that the 90-year-old crofter from Lewis had just popped down the shops for some Tunnocks teacakes and had already refused to get involved – several times.
    In other news, the board of this newspaper have also announced that they will not be buying the club “as we’ve got nae cash. Mind, that didn’t stop Craig Whyte.”

Got a good laugh reading this one.

You are talking out your arse I have said many times I would like us to go to division three so when you can come up with a better argument get back to me

You would like to go to div 3?:D. Pull the other one, I reckon ye're quite happy to stay in the top flight with a chip on ye're shoulder so ye can keep greetin on about other SPL chairmen, and deflect blame from yourselves for the predicament ye're in.

I really hope the other SPL clubs grow a pair and vote for relegation for Rangers if the situation arises, and take the opportunity to better themselves in the process. It could be the makings of a new dawn in Scottish football.

If you think that then you know absolutely nothing about how Rangets fans are feeling the vast majority of us would rather go to division three and watch the SPL squirm as SKY stop there deal and advertising revenue drops for all the clubs that want us in the SPL but want to cripple us with their punishments at the same time so let's sw if those clubs grow a set and lets see what Liewell does as Celtic lose there only hold on voting rights etc So yes I will be a very happy man to go to division three and be only to happy to see peoples reactions especially small minded people like you

If you think that then you know absolutely nothing about how Rangets fans are feeling the vast majority of us would rather go to division three and watch the SPL squirm as SKY stop there deal and advertising revenue drops for all the clubs that want us in the SPL but want to cripple us with their punishments at the same time so let's sw if those clubs grow a set and lets see what Liewell does as Celtic lose there only hold on voting rights etc So yes I will be a very happy man to go to division three and be only to happy to see peoples reactions especially small minded people like you

Look - if Piggy tells you what your thinking, then you're damn well thinking that ok?How else is he supposed to spread his rumour and propoganda if you don't comply with this most simple of requests?

**** sake man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nice attitude guys 'we're happy to go to division 3 so the teams that didn't break the rules suffer, that'll teach them!'

I know you have a point about the way the SPL, some clubs and fans want to have their cake and eat it but i really don't see why you think Rangers & their fans should be the ones to decide your punishment.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Nice attitude guys 'we're happy to go to division 3 so the teams that didn't break the rules suffer, that'll teach them!'

I know you have a point about the way the SPL, some clubs and fans want to have their cake and eat it but i really don't see why you think Rangers & their fans should be the ones to decide your punishment.

We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't arent we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

So it's a case of R*ngers and their fans not wanting to stay in the SPL and be subject to sanctions?.... So the stance is "punish nobody or punish everybody"

Personally I hope (though severly doubt) that the powers that be have the stones to deny a newco admission to the SPL... There's no guarantee that they'd ever recover, and it may take 10 years if they do.
    But 2 seasons of SPL sanctions is just a slap on the wrist.

• Advertisement

Why bother staying in Scottish Football if thats what waits you if you ever make it back to the SPL? Take your medicine, ye deserve it!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2012/05/11/former-celtic-star-magnus-hedman-lifts-lid-on-his-suicide-torment-after-blowing-5m-on-drugs-prostitutes-86908-23855335/

Poor auld Magnus Hedman, spectacular fall from grace :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement