Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4311865/Lenny-raps-Fraser-Forsters-agent.html

Seems Forsters agent is acting the fanny

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4311533/Letting-Rangers-back-in-would-shame-SPL.html

A well written article imo, especially this bit.
    Sure, without Rangers the clubs would need to realign their wage structure and they would also have to work a damn sight harder commercially to survive.

Having said that, it’s got to be better than destroying any credibility the league has. If football clubs are in existence because of the money Rangers or Celtic generate for them, it’s time for them to take a step back and think again.

After all, given that both Celtic and Rangers have been trying to escape to England over the last decade or so, the other clubs should have already been planning to stand tall on their own two feet rather than living off their coat tails.

To run any business like that is bordering on negligent.

If my business partner and I budgeted our company finances as heavily on the contribution of our two largest clients we would be neglecting our responsibilities as directors of the firm and our duties to our staff and suppliers.

Other businesses will know exactly where I’m coming from. Sure, things will be good for a while, but when either of those clients leave, we would have a major problem.

That’s exactly what the SPL clubs have allowed to happen. They have spent money based on commercial activities they cannot affect for far too long.

Rangers’ situation should make them realise they are vulnerable operating in that manner.

Each club should base their budget on the home fans they have every week and not take into account ANY travelling support.

That number added to any self-generated revenue streams such as sponsorship, corporate hospitality, advertising, shirt sales, commercial activities and any other GUARANTEED payments is what should be forming the overall projected turnover of the business now.

Any opposing fans, TV money, cup runs and SPL payments should be considered as bonuses and could be added to the following season’s budget, as it’s money already received, or simply put into the bank to help reduce the debts at a club.

There ya go Johnston & Thompson, a ex footballer turned stationary supplier showing you all how to run a football club properly. I hope they didnt have to scratch their heads for too long :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Dempsey wrote: »
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4311865/Lenny-raps-Fraser-Forsters-agent.html

Seems Forsters agent is acting the fanny

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4311533/Letting-Rangers-back-in-would-shame-SPL.html

A well written article imo, especially this bit.

There ya go Johnston & Thompson, a ex footballer turned stationary supplier showing you all how to run a football club properly. I hope they didnt have to scratch their heads for too long :rolleyes:

Agreed. Getting sick of this whole thing now tbh. Rangers FC should have been thrown out of the league permanently for the way they have carried on. Unfortunately it looks like there isn't the backbone in Scotland to deal with them as they should be dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

If you think that then you know absolutely nothing about how Rangets fans are feeling the vast majority of us would rather go to division three and watch the SPL squirm as SKY stop there deal and advertising revenue drops for all the clubs that want us in the SPL but want to cripple us with their punishments at the same time so let's sw if those clubs grow a set and lets see what Liewell does as Celtic lose there only hold on voting rights etc So yes I will be a very happy man to go to division three and be only to happy to see peoples reactions especially small minded people like you

Pathetic. You want to see other clubs suffer and the league in general because ye have been found to be rotten to the core and cant accept your punishment. Surprised at you tbh, id expect it from some of the other deluded fans on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Pathetic. You want to see other clubs suffer and the league in general because ye have been found to be rotten to the core and cant accept your punishment. Surprised at you tbh, id expect it from some of the other deluded fans on here

It's not about wanting them to suffer, it's going against them wanting to move the goalposts to punish us further to suit them. I would rather go to division 3 than have scum like Thompson rendering us totally uncompetitive just so they get their precious money from our fans.

They can't have it both ways, if they want to punish us and they relegate us to division 3 then thats what'll happen in the name of 'sporting integrity'. They can't moan about 'sporting integrity' then decide they want to keep us in the league because it suits them.

How many posts in this thread have something along the lines of 'it's only right that rangers are relegated', yet as soon as we stand up against them wanting to keep us in the SPL with their crippling rules we're the bad guys.

Make your mind up lads ffs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

If you think that then you know absolutely nothing about how Rangets fans are feeling the vast majority of us would rather go to division three and watch the SPL squirm as SKY stop there deal and advertising revenue drops for all the clubs that want us in the SPL but want to cripple us with their punishments at the same time so let's sw if those clubs grow a set and lets see what Liewell does as Celtic lose there only hold on voting rights etc So yes I will be a very happy man to go to division three and be only to happy to see peoples reactions especially small minded people like you

Rangers are going to be severely punished one way or the other. They should be relegated to div 3 in my view, if not they will be severely punished for the next few seasons. There is no other option, because to let Rangers off the hook means other clubs can just welch on debts with little or no consequences as well. Not going to happen.

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    Look - if Piggy tells you what your thinking, then you're damn well thinking that ok?How else is he supposed to spread his rumour and propoganda if you don't comply with this most simple of requests?

**** sake man.

A sure sign of someone lacking in the maturity and intelligence to engage in a constructive debate is when they resort to childish name calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

TheBuilder wrote: »
    It's not about wanting them to suffer,

Thats exactly what it is according to the post i was replying to, otherwise what does this mean....
    advertising revenue drops for all the clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

A sure sign of someone lacking in the maturity and intelligence to engage in a constructive debate is when they resort to childish name calling.

LOL coming from you who in every thread has resorted to name calling its you who are the joke

As for being punished when are you lot going to realise just about every Gers fan on here said we are willing to accept being punished what we are not willing to accept is being punished and then crippled so it suits certain elements within the SPL so yes we would rather go to Division three.

As for Rangers being put out of Scottish football altogether it amazes me the shallow and to be frank stupidity of that thought Scottish football is dying and Rangers not being there would be the final nail in the coffin So be careful what you wish for

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Thats exactly what it is according to the post i was replying to, otherwise what does this mean....

Yes I said that after all certain chairman want to cripple us not just punish us its not difficult to see my reasoning if they are so keen to cripple us why should I care about them

LOL coming from you who in every thread has resorted to name calling its you who are the joke

What are you blathering about?
    As for being punished when are you lot going to realise just about every Gers fan on here said we are willing to accept being punished what we are not willing to accept is being punished and then crippled so it suits certain elements within the SPL so yes we would rather go to Division three.

We want the same thing so.
    As for Rangers being put out of Scottish football altogether it amazes me the shallow and to be frank stupidity of that thought Scottish football is dying and Rangers not being there would be the final nail in the coffin So be careful what you wish for

When did I say that.

• Advertisement

It's not about wanting them to suffer,

advertising revenue drops for all the clubs

So we should just accept what they decide and stay in the SPL incapable of competing, just to please the likes of Thompson? No chance.

So we should just accept what they decide and stay in the SPL incapable of competing, just to please the likes of Thompson? No chance.

Do you think that Rangers and Rangers alone can decide what their punishment will be?

That would be like if a judge finds someone guilty of something and then allows the accused to decide what the punishment should be.

Do you think that Rangers and Rangers alone can decide what their punishment will be?

That would be like if a judge finds someone guilty of something and then allows the accused to decide what the punishment should be.

You conclude posts to some amount of nonsense. I never once said rangers should decide their punishment, but the punishment should fit what we are found guilty of, not what the other SPL clubs need us for.

It's also amazing how not so long ago the SPL would be fine without rangers, but now they desperately need us.

You conclude posts to some amount of nonsense. I never once said rangers should decide their punishment, but the punishment should fit what we are found guilty of, not what the other SPL clubs need us for.

It's also amazing how not so long ago the SPL would be fine without rangers, but now they desperately need us.

I think the SPL would be fine if Rangers were relegated to div 3, they'd have to readjust for a while that's all. A new Rangers would be back in the top flight in 3 years. At the end of the day the punishment that the SPL clubs collectively decide is the punishment that Rangers will have to accept. I hope they decide on the div 3 option.

The SPL would be fine without Rangers, its just too much like work for Johnston and Thompson. People like them should have minimal influence over how the game is run.

If Rangers went the route of newco (likely according to Kennedy), forced or not, its up to Rangers to apply to the SPL or the SFL. If you apply to the SPL, you have to put up with their terms and conditions to entry or the SFL's. Nobody is forcing Rangers to apply to the SPL, just go the route of Div3 and stop moaning like you dont have a choice.

I think the SPL would be fine if Rangers were relegated to div 3, they'd have to readjust for a while that's all. A new Rangerswould be back in the top flight in 3 years. At the end of the day the punishment that the SPL clubs collectively decide is the punishment that Rangers will have to accept. I hope they decide on the div 3 option.

If they would be so fine why have so many managers and chairmen said they fear for their budgets etc.

No problem with punishments that are deserved, but the clubs can't have it both ways.

If they would be so fine why have so many managers and chairmen said they fear for their budgets etc.

No problem with punishments that are deserved, but the clubs can't have it both ways.

Because their business models are highly flawed and they dont want to change them. The most vocal clubs are the ones with the highest gearing ratios, surprise surprise!

The SPL would be fine without Rangers, its just too much like work for Johnston and Thompson. People like them should have minimal influence over how the game is run.

If Rangers went the route of newco (likely according to Kennedy), forced or not, its up to Rangers to apply to the SPL or the SFL. If you apply to the SPL, you have to put up with their terms and conditions to entry or the SFL's. Nobody is forcing Rangers to apply to the SPL, just go the route of Div3 and stop moaning like you dont have a choice.

This is it in a nutshell. Rangers have within their own power the ability to set up a newco and start from div 3 themselves. The weak minded SPL chairmen like Thompson will have no choice but to readjust to that. I think the Rangers boys around here like a good whingefest.

Super Hooper - 4mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

great play by Samaras to set up Hooper

• Advertisement

Super Hooper - 7mins

Samaras made it out of nothing though

How was that even close to offside? FFS!

That linesman is septic!!

Hattrick Hooper 39mins Peno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Another shocking display by the officials. The spl needs to really work on improving the standard of refereeing.

well done hooper, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Samaras ducked out of that?? Lennon will be fuming at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Sums you up Piggy - where's the name calling in my post?
    You make up what you want to read in other people's posts, and it's generally a million miles away from the actual sentiment put forward.

Sums you up Piggy - where's the name calling in my post?
    You make up what you want to read in other people's posts, and it's generally a million miles away from the actual sentiment put forward.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Good to see Kayal getting 20+ mins

Super Hooper 65 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Good man Hooper, we want 5.

Welcome back Kayal

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Good man Hooper, we want 5.

Welcome back Kayal

I've him pencilled in for 6 goals today :pac:

Super Hooper 86th min

Unreal cross by Samaras

P&O ferries for today are all cancelled, any fans travelling back have a bit of a wait because of the weather. Our local school have a crowd over at it as well.

:rolleyes:

Yep, shortening his username is name-calling.

Should i stop calling Bobbysands, Bobby too?

• Advertisement

You clearly are being disrespectful but no surprise that you and TheBuilder are unable to realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Calm down Dempy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great way to finish the season, terrific stuff from Hooper.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Calm down Dempy.

I'm perfectly calm. Just pointing out something that some people cant fathom

EDIT

I see what you did there!

You clearly are being disrespectful but no surprise that you and TheBuilder are unable to realise that.

Eh what?

If calling him piggy for short really bothers you that much Dempsey you need to get out more.

Enjoy lifting your trophy and quit your ****ing crying, the Celtic fans on here have turned into serious babies the last few weeks.

**** it, just make sure you and the rest are perfectly 'respectable' in every post from now on, the pettiness on this forum has gotten pathetic.

• Advertisement

Is getting to the stage that fans should stick to posting in their own threads.

Eh what?

If calling him piggy for short really bothers you that much Dempsey you need to get out more.

Enjoy lifting your trophy and quit your ****ing crying, the Celtic fans on here have turned into serious babies the last few weeks.

**** it, just make sure you and the rest are perfectly 'respectable' in every post from now on, the pettiness on this forum has gotten pathetic.

It doesnt annoy me but I see what the realpigiron is on about. Maybe ye should think your posts through before posting them, eh?
    Is getting to the stage that fans should stick to posting in their own threads.

Run along then, this is the winners enclosure! :pac:

lol just lol.

lol just lol.

Add plagiarism to your rap sheet :P

Why is TheBuilder thanking your every utterance?

Because I happen to agree, you got a problem with that now too?

Have to laugh at you saying about me thanking what he said when you're here arguing like a kid in the playground over EB, sorry Eirebear, shortening someone else's name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Because I happen to agree, you got a problem with that now too?

Have to laugh at you saying about me thanking what he said when you're here arguing like a kid in the playground over EB, sorry Eirebear, shortening someone else's name.

As long as he doesn't start doing the same with the first part of my username:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Was out so only caught some of the 2nd half. Superb from Hooper, and some brilliant crosses from Sammy. The old Sammy would have attempted goal #2 himself I reckon, but he saw Hooper in a great position and put in a perfect cross.

Delighted to end the season on a high, especially against the minis. Congrats Celtic on a well deserved title.

Thanks ADIG for the goals, handy to have them here to view on the phone when out and about. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Congrats to all at Celtic for getting their hands on the SPL trophy today. Took a few weeks, but I'm sure it was worth the wait for everyone connected with Celtic. Lenny deserves great credit for turning around Celtic's season after a poor start and leading them to the title. With 'green' shoots of hope emerging from across the city today, hopefully there is life in the Scottish game yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Super Hooper was a class act today. Samaras even looked like a footballer too. Great performance to finish the season.
    I haven't been Lennon's biggest fan (even going back to his playing days) but after the horrible treatment he suffered last year, I'm delighted for him.

The Bhoys are back at the top where we belong!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement