Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Dempsey wrote: »
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4359016/Fras-Im-at-Hoops-for-keeps.html

FRASER FORSTER is set to commit his long-term future to Celtic today.

Mark Curtis's attempts to start a bidding war for Forster seems to have failed. Hope Celtic dont have to deal with him too often, seems to be a right dodgy cúnt.

Lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Nothing done and dusted yet so I am not going to get too excited about the Forster signing reports. But if it does get done and we sign him on a 4 year deal for 2m that would be a great bit of business for the club. We could really focus on looking for a new center back and a target man up front then.

It seems Efrain Juarez has been sold to Club America in Mexico. Anybody know what the fee was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7801044/Cha-heads-through-Hoops-exit

Finally confirmed that Cha Du Ri has gone home to Germany. Best of Luck!

EDIT

Celtic have now confirmed the releases of Dominic Cervi, Darren O´Dea, Niall McGinn and Richie Towell.

Loovens not mentioned yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7801044/Cha-heads-through-Hoops-exit

Finally confirmed that Cha Du Ri has gone home to Germany. Best of Luck!

EDIT

Celtic have now confirmed the releases of Dominic Cervi, Darren O´Dea, Niall McGinn and Richie Towell.

Loovens not mentioned yet

That's no surprise to me, his dad was happy in Germany, hopefully he finds his luck with Dusseldorf...like 'Fortuna', which means 'luck' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Back page of the Record is about Wanyama wanting away. The article is from that top notch journalist M. Guidi

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/09/celtic-star-victor-wanyama-wants-a-summer-switch-to-england-86908-23891455/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Back page of the Record is about Wanyama wanting away. The article is from that top notch journalist M. Guidi

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2012/06/09/celtic-star-victor-wanyama-wants-a-summer-switch-to-england-86908-23891455/

Hmmm, no quotes from the player himself, just from "a friend". Anytime I see a story in a tabloid that depends on a tip off from "a friend" or an "inside source" I file that story under Bullsh*t

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yep, we'll wait and see how true this story is. If it's bull****, then that's the end of it. If not, and we can make serious profits on him, then all the best Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

I think you'll get another solid season out of Wanyama before he's sold for 6 or 7 million, the boy is a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Hopefully we can hang onto Wanyama, serious prospect and at 20 he will only improve. This year he's become a crucial part of the team.
    We should be looking to hang onto players like him for a few seasons and then sell.

I also see a lot of the deadwood in the squad has been moved on. It's been a long time coming! The squad has been bloated for a few seasons now. I rather free up all the wages and sign a couple of quality players rather than having a big squad. Let the likes of Tony Watt and McGeouch add numbers and give them a chance to impress, it's better than paying silly money to the likes of Murphy and Loovens.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Liverpool, QPR and Stoke apparently interested in Vic:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2012/06/10/liverpool-among-three-english-clubs-fighting-to-sign-celtic-star-victor-wanyama-86908-23892375/

The more the merrier tbh if he wants away, it'll drive the price up. If he is to go, I hope Celtic play hard ball on his price.

Keith Andrews.... meh:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2012/06/09/celtic-face-fight-with-huddersfield-and-charlton-for-ireland-star-keith-andrews-86908-23891461/

No thanks tbh. No better than some of the young lads coming through the ranks.

Oh, and Burley reckons Lenny should have Strachan as his number 2:
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2012/06/10/craig-burley-column-neil-lennon-should-bring-in-gordon-strachan-as-alan-thompson-replacement-86908-23892954/

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

ah the daily record... the idea that we would be "fighting" with either Huddersfield or Charlton for a average average player like andrews is hilarious.

We may not be at the top table of european football but jesus we're far from that joke of a claim.

Craig Burley should just fúck off and die. I never thought I'd be like this towards someone that played for the club but I've lost all respect for him because of antics like this one.

Yes, strachan could offer alot of experience but doesnt Lennon be talking to him when he wants. I'd have great time for GS but if Lennon wanted a experienced coach then you dont go after a former manager. You need someone thats worked several leagues, operated at the highest level and grassroots level, basically you poach a guy like Mark Wotte.

Wanyama, Kayal, Izaguirre and the likes should be getting a dusting down when they make shapes about leaving the club after 1 season. We should have the attitude that they'll serve their contract until the club wants otherwise!

Wanyama, Kayal, Izaguirre and the likes should be getting a dusting down when they make shapes about leaving the club after 1 season. We should have the attitude that they'll serve their contract until the club wants otherwise!

It agents causing all this I am sure. Greedy feckers just looking for their wedge from any potential move, putting ideas into the players' heads. Players like those above are young players and could gain a lot of experience at a club like Celtic, especially playing in the group stages of European competitions. They should be looking at three or four years with Celtic, putting in hard work and making sure they are first picks. Then they can think about dream moves to the EPL and elsewhere.

Who can forget Bangura's claim that he was using Celtic as a stepping stone to a big move? That sure worked out well for him.

Am I right in thinking we had that Croatian goalkeeper on trial a few seasons back?

• Advertisement

Who can forget Bangura's claim that he was using Celtic as a stepping stone to a big move? That sure worked out well for him.

Bangura was at it even before he played his first game for Celtic!!!! Ridiculous, I mean there's confidence and there's complete over-estimation of your abilities. Bangura fell into the second category. He's been rank and has about as much chance as I do of playing in the Premiership.

Am I right in thinking we had that Croatian goalkeeper on trial a few seasons back?

He was on trial at the start of last season and played in a friendly. I was surprised he didn't get a deal at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Celtic need to realise that unless they can get the green light to move to the English leagues ala Swansea and Cardiff they will never be more than a stepping stone to a greater cause for some players. Oft times that greater cause would not be United/Arsenal or City and more like Villa, Everton or Sunderland.

slingerz wrote: »
    Celtic need to realise that unless they can get the green light to move to the English leagues ala Swansea and Cardiff they will never be more than a stepping stone to a greater cause for some players. Oft times that greater cause would not be United/Arsenal or City and more like Villa, Everton or Sunderland.

Celtic have realised that. The move to the EPL is a non runner. The Champions league is something the club can offer to players, as well as the support. That won't attract star players but it should be enough to attract a good standard of player.

Lustig having a shocker for Sweden tonight

• Advertisement

TheBuilder wrote: »

He will never be ahead of Matthews in the pecking order at Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

He played against Wolves and Cardiff I think. His agent was looking for a bigger wage than he was being offered so the move never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hi folks, heard the news earlier. How do you think Celtic will vote on Rangers re admission to the SPL? I think they might vote in favour, with their financial hat firmly on. Celtic know Rangers won't be a threat on the playing side for a few years but keeping them in SPL could keep SKY and other sponsors etc on board. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.... The fixtures are due out by end of month, wonder how they will address situation?

Was sad to hear about Alan Thompson's problems. Hopefully Lenny can get someone better in, that's all you can hope for, that you continue to improve all aspects of club. The summer is flying by, pre season won't be far away. Hope your all enjoying the Euros. I don't know whose performance was more depressing last weekend, the rugby or the soccer!!

Matthews firmly the number 1 at right back for me right now. But I haven't really seen much of Lustig so we will have to see how he looks next season.

Brewster wrote: »
    Hi folks, heard the news earlier. How do you think Celtic will vote on Rangers re admission to the SPL? I think they might vote in favour, with their financial hat firmly on. Celtic know Rangers won't be a threat on the playing side for a few years but keeping them in SPL could keep SKY and other sponsors etc on board. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.... The fixtures are due out by end of month, wonder how they will address situation?

Money will no doubt play a part in the decision making but the Board will be aware that the benefits of the TV money should they vote Rangers back will, to some degree, be lessened by the drop in attendances and merchandise sales due to angry fans.

Was sad to hear about Alan Thompson's problems. Hopefully Lenny can get someone better in, that's all you can hope for, that you continue to improve all aspects of club. The summer is flying by, pre season won't be far away. Hope your all enjoying the Euros. I don't know whose performance was more depressing last weekend, the rugby or the soccer!!

Won't be readmission, it's a vote on a new club which has aquired the liquidated Rangers FC SPL share. Personally I think Celtic and a few others will vote against their entry, and I think that's the best move for everyone, including the new club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

PauloMN wrote: »
    Won't be readmission, it's a vote on a new club which has aquired the liquidated Rangers FC SPL share. Personally I think Celtic and a few others will vote against their entry, and I think that's the best move for everyone, including the new club.

As a Celtic supporter I expect Celtic will at least vote against such a proposal to allow newco Rangers to walk straight back into the SPL.

I reiterate my earlier, point and put it to the Rangers fans on this board; that it is within their own power to take the correct option and start again as a newco from Div 3 no matter how the other SPL clubs vote.

I have read from Rangers fans and heard from people like McCoist that to start from Div 3 is the best option, there is nothing to stop them from doing just that themselves.

This situation is a test of their resolve. They know what is the right thing to do here, both for themselves and for the longterm future of Scottish football.

Will they do it that is the question? Or will they have to have the other SPL clubs make that decision for them?

Marc Crosas ‏@marccrosas

Everyday we are huddling!!!!! Enjoy the jelly and ice cream tonight bhoys and ghirls..

:D

I would be absolutely amazed if Rangers are not playing in SPL next season. There will be four Old Firm games next season in my view. Money talks in this world and it talks louder than anything else. Rangers will have a few lean years with Celtic dominant but Rangers will be competitive again in a few years.

• Advertisement

I would be absolutely amazed if Rangers are not playing in SPL next season. There will be four Old Firm games next season in my view. Money talks in this world and it talks louder than anything else. Rangers will have a few lean years with Celtic dominant but Rangers will be competitive again in a few years.

Money does indeed talk, a hell of a lot of it ultimately comes from fans. A "yes" to Newco might see the shorter term stuff like TV money unaffected, but clubs will also be considering the serious damage that could be done if the fans' wishes are disregarded.

Money does indeed talk, a hell of a lot of it ultimately comes from fans. A "yes" to Newco might see the shorter term stuff like TV money unaffected, but clubs will also be considering the serious damage that could be done if the fans' wishes are disregarded.

People are a bit excited about things at the moment, it will be all forgotten about in a few years when dust settles. Your not going to abandon your club on the basis of whether they vote Rangers back into league. People are jealous of the success Rangers have had and they see it as their moment in the sun, i refer to clubs other than Celtic when I say this, your Dundee Uniteds etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

People are jealous of the success Rangers have had and they see it as their moment in the sun

There is a Rangers admin / liquidation thread. Anyway, this really gets on my nerves, jealous of Rangers with their success? I would say a true barometer of Scottish football fans is that they are disgusted that their team was cheated out of a higher league position / cup competition by the financial doping of Rangers. You call it success, I call it cheating.

Celtic are identifying alternative goalkeeper options as Fraser Forster continues to mull over a contract offer.
    BBC Scotland understands the club are keen on the former Sunderland and Hearts number one Craig Gordon.
    Former Celtic keeper Artur Boruc and Blackburn's Paul Robinson are also on the shortlist.
    Forster remains a Newcastle United player but a fee has already been agreed between the clubs.
    The 24-year-old Englishman has made 90 appearances in his two seasons at Celtic Park and helped the Glasgow outfit win the Scottish Premier League title this term.
    He previously had loan spells at Stockport County, Bristol Rovers and Norwich City.

From here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18426073

Seems Fraser Forster (or moreso his agent) is stalling. Celtic looking at alternative options. I see Boruc's name being mentioned also, can't see that happening though.

Boruc says he's open to a return but wants to play in a better league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

People are a bit excited about things at the moment, it will be all forgotten about in a few years when dust settles. Your not going to abandon your club on the basis of whether they vote Rangers back into league. People are jealous of the success Rangers have had and they see it as their moment in the sun, i refer to clubs other than Celtic when I say this, your Dundee Uniteds etc..

Jesus, you just dot get it do you, its not jealousy, they CHEATED their way to success over the past 20 years thats why other clubs fans are furious

Would you either read up on whats going on or just dont bother coming out with this horseshít. You clearly havent a clue how fans of other clubs in the SPL think.

I would disagree that people are jealous as you say from any club be it Celtic or otherwise. I would say fans of clubs all over the spl are sick and tired of the arrogance and total lack of contrition and remorse shown. Astonishing now that the level and duration of their cheating is becoming general knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Trabzonspor have set their sights on Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yong.

Trabzon manager Şenol Güneş, built a close relationship with Ki during his time managing Korean giants FC Seoul between 2007-09 and is keen on a reunion with the 23 year old midfielder.

Güneş gave Ki his K League debut in 2007 along with Lee Chung-Yong and helped both players develop into the leagues most promising young prospects.

Ki is reported to be uncertain about his future at Celtic, he recently told reporters at Incheon
    International Airport, Korea, "Since the season is now over, it’s time to think deeply about my future.

"First, I need to take a rest since I’m physically and mentally tired. I will need to make a
    decision about my future very carefully," Ki said.

Ki followed by replying to questions concerning his future saying, "It has to be a team that I can play for. If I can play on the pitch, it doesn’t matter which league it is," Ki told reporters.

The South Korean
    international joined Celtic from FC Seoul in, Dec 2009, for €2.4 million in a deal which will see him contracted to the club until 2014.

Ki scored seven goals and made six assists in 39 games for The Bhoys in last seasons title winning league campaign.

We're also being linked with Magnus Okuonghae

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/7806714/Bhoys-join-Magnus-hunt

• Advertisement

A prominant Columbian football commentator had claimed Hugo Rodellega will sign for Celtic, he is on a free after being released by Wigan. Will have to wait and see if there is anything to this but it is about time the transfer links began appearing.

Wouldn't be a bad signing I don't think, but with Hooper, Stokes, Samaras, Bangura, Watt and Rasmussen already there I reckon Lennon should ditch a couple (Rasmussen definitely and probably Bangura too) before he brings in another forward.

Heard the rumour about Rodellega a few weeks back. I dont think there is much in it tbh but he could be a good signing!

Rasmussen is on the transfer list and will sit out his contract in the reserves I reckon. I think its too early to be looking to flog Bangura. He'll have to play abit of ball and reamin injury free before we can even try to flog him.
    Neil Lennon ‏@OfficialNeil

A certain ex player is belittling the club and under minding our achievements.

I wonder who he's on about!!

Heard the rumour about Rodellega a few weeks back. I dont think there is much in it tbh but he could be a good signing!

Rasmussen is on the transfer list and will sit out his contract in the reserves I reckon. I think its too early to be looking to flog Bangura. He'll have to play abit of ball and reamin injury free before we can even try to flog him.

I wonder who he's on about!!

Rasmussen should be given another chance. Even coming off the bench. Wouldn't hold my breath.

What's Craig bollox Burley saying now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Rasmussen should be given another chance. Even coming off the bench. Wouldn't hold my breath.

What's Craig bollox Burley saying now :mad:

1. I think Rasmussen should be given another go too. Don't think he got much of a shout the first time round.

2. That mouth Burley was the first name that popped into my head too.

1. I think Rasmussen should be given another go too. Don't think he got much of a shout the first time round.

2. That mouth Burley was the first name that popped into my head too.

Former player check
    Slagging off Celtic check

Has to be him!

It wouldnt be anyone else. Its not the 1st time Lennon has had a go at him over this either. Probably similar comments to what he said during the Aberdeen game. He's an attention seeking prick that stoops to any low.

• Advertisement

It wouldnt be anyone else. Its not the 1st time Lennon has had a go at him over this either. Probably similar comments to what he said during the Aberdeen game. He's an attention seeking prick that stoops to any low.

He certainly does seem to have a particular axe to grind when it comes to Celtic. No doubt about that.

It was Burley during last nights game, the commentator mentioned some player who bossed the midfield in a game against Celtic and Burley replied with 'well that wouldn't be hard really'...

Rejected 6 million+ for Ki

Rejected 6 million+ for Ki

Holding out for a bigger offer by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

It was Burley during last nights game, the commentator mentioned some player who bossed the midfield in a game against Celtic and Burley replied with 'well that wouldn't be hard really'...

It certainly wouldn't have been when Burley was part of the midfield

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement