Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

TheBuilder wrote: »
    I heard its not on anywhere mate.

Setanta are showing it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Aren't Setanta showing it? Or maybe it's Premier Sports?

EDIT: Scratch that, it's the second leg they're showing.

Or maybe not. There seems to be conflicting reports.

Setanta Ireland are showing the 1st leg live tomorrow
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/tv-listings/

Good news on the SKY deal as well, Doncaster and Regan were merely scaremongering after all. No surprise there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19070877

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Aren't Setanta showing it? Or maybe it's Premier Sports?

EDIT: Scratch that, it's the second leg they're showing.

Or maybe not. There seems to be conflicting reports.

Setanta Ireland are showing the 1st leg live tomorrow
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/tv-listings/

Cheers, better get some beers in, hopefully to celebrate a decent win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

its gonna be a nervous one, I really don't know what to expect.

• Advertisement

its gonna be a nervous one, I really don't know what to expect.

If it's anything like recent years put money on HJK to be a goal up after 5 mins!

RoryMac wrote: »
    If it's anything like recent years put money on HJK to be a goal up after 5 mins!
    Well at this stage I have learned where not to put my money when it comes to Celtic in Europe. Hopefully we get a result, theres plenty around here who would like to see us fail.

oh and Motherwell 0 - 2 Panathinaikos

Well at this stage I have learned where not to put my money when it comes to Celtic in Europe. Hopefully we get a result, theres plenty around here who would like to see us fail.

oh and Motherwell 0 - 2 Panathinaikos

Can only hope we've learned our lesson with early goals, hopefully Commons is fit, I think he could be a big player for us this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

If anyone is over, give us a shout and i'll buy you a wee pint of heavy with a glayva chaser :)

I must say, Glayva is a delicious drink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I heard its not on anywhere mate.

I'd say your mouth was watering at the thoughts of a Div3 match getting a broadcast and not a UCL qualifier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd say your mouth was watering at the thoughts of a Div3 match getting a broadcast and not a UCL qualifier!

Em no, just passing on what my mate told me yesterday.

Is this the lad that has no reason to lie? :pac:

Is this the lad that has no reason to lie? :pac:

What about the licence being granted (formality now), the 15 games over 3 seasons (agreed today), the games on rtv with proceeds to the sfl (no set amount confirmed yet) and the non stripping of titles (we'll have to wait and see).

He hasn't lied about anything yet ;)

But no, its not him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

No need to rub it in

To be fair, some of the posters on Celtic forums were unsure whether the game would be shown or not. It seemed that they thought there would be a blackout to fill the stadium. Maybe because there was enough tickets sold in the end they released the television rights to Setanta/Premier

Exactly, that's all I was saying.

Celtic thread, best leaving rangers licence talk out of it anyway.

What about the licence being granted (formality now), the 15 games over 3 seasons (agreed today), the games on rtv with proceeds to the sfl (no set amount confirmed yet) and the non stripping of titles (we'll have to wait and see).

He hasn't lied about anything yet ;)

But no, its not him.

He just copied and pasted all the negotiating points that were floating around in the media that day and took a guess at how it would play out. Did he get a gold star for his efforts?

He just copied and pasted all the negotiating points that were floating around in the media that day and took a guess at how it would play out. Did he get a gold star for his efforts?

Funny how you can't admit you spoke too soon with your mocking.

Now away you go and troll someone else.

Celtic thread, best leaving rangers licence talk out of it anyway.
    best take your own advice there, no point in carrying the farce from the other thread over here

best take your own advice there, no point in carrying the farce from the other thread over here

Had no intention of doing so

Funny how you can't admit you spoke too soon with your mocking.

Now away you go and troll someone else.

I didnt speak too soon, your licence wasnt granted that day and you only got a temporary one for the weekend and most likely wont have one until this friday when a vote will be organised. Its been a week since that claim was made and you're waffling that I spoke too soon? Rangers fans been taken in by a spoofer, there's a first!

• Advertisement

Can we not have one thread discussing Scottish football without this sh*te?

I can understand this nonsense in the Rangers Admin thread but don't see the need for it in every single discussion. It's getting very tiresome at this stage.

well said rory.. absolutely buzzing for this game later

one thing that will calm the nerves for anyone haunted by sion, utrect and braga... weve had 18 more training session than this time last season. thats a massive difference

one thing that will calm the nerves for anyone haunted by sion, utrect and braga... weve had 18 more training session than this time last season. thats a massive difference

Helped as well by not travelling half way across the world during pre-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

Well todays the day. The season finally gets underway. The indications seem to be there will be a big crowd at Celtic Park tonight against Helsinki. Hopefully there will be one of those classic European atmosphere's as that certainly could provide an extra lift for our players. I unfortunately will have to watch the highlights later on as I will be in a plane when the game kicks off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭eire4

It seems also that Morten Rasmusen is finally away. It looks like he has gone to Danish side Midjylland for about 250k.
    Good thing really for both the player and club. I always felt a bit sorry for him as he showed some promise in his brief stint in the first team. But clearly he was never in Neil Lennon's plans at all so good to see him get a chance to get his career going again elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Where is a decent spot to see the game this evening in Dublin? Its my first time in the city for a game since the Players Lounge closed so not sure of the good spots now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Whatever happens a clean sheet is very important tonight. Hopefully we don't give away an early goal which we've seen happen so many times.

Where is a decent spot to see the game this evening in Dublin? Its my first time in the city for a game since the Players Lounge closed so not sure of the good spots now.
    The living room on Cathal Brugha street might be good

• Advertisement

Ccchulainns near Croke Park might be your best bet.
    http://www.facebook.com/CuchulainnsAtCrokePark

just reading on another site that the swimming finals going to be shown on the big screen before the game because team GB's swimmer is a celtic fan, can't imagine the national anthem getting belted out at parkhead if he wins though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

just reading on another site that the swimming finals going to be shown on the big screen before the game because team GB's swimmer is a celtic fan, can't imagine the national anthem getting belted out at parkhead if he wins though :p

He might be Scottish, it won't be God shave the Queen :D

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Yeah hes Scottish, thought they played it for the entire team GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Yeah hes Scottish, thought they played it for the entire team GB.

They do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Thought so, but 'Flower of Scotland' is a nicer tune, imo ;)

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    It seems also that Morten Rasmusen is finally away. It looks like he has gone to Danish side Midjylland for about 250k.
    Good thing really for both the player and club. I always felt a bit sorry for him as he showed some promise in his brief stint in the first team. But clearly he was never in Neil Lennon's plans at all so good to see him get a chance to get his career going again elsewhere.

Bought by a man that tried to reinvent the wheel and failed. I wish him the best of luck in the future. If we could find some fool to take Darryl Murphy...:pac:

A good summer for Celtic in terms of removing deadwood from the books.

Team announced

Forster; Matthews, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Forrest, Brown, Ledley, Samaras; Commons; Hooper

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Team announced

Forster; Matthews, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Forrest, Brown, Ledley, Samaras; Commons; Hooper
    My XI vs HJK: Forster, Matthews, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Izaguirre, Brown, Kayal, Ledley, Commons, Hooper, Samaras

Samaras over Stokes for work rate & Commons over Forrest for experience. The two lads to be brought on in the 2nd half though

Nearly on the money! :D

I wonder is Samaras is playing up front with Hooper or in a 4-2-3-1?

Arguably our strongest side. Maybe Kayal could be in there instead of Brown. Wanyama is needed there at centre half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

is wanyama now kaboomed from CL playmanship for other clubs in case he is traded to another CL roster

• Advertisement

donfers wrote: »
    is wanyama now kaboomed from CL playmanship for other clubs in case he is traded to another CL roster

No, he can still be registered by another club but a club can only register one player thats been involved in the qualifiers

Forrest needs to pick it up quick, he's fluffed a few opportunities to get ball into the box.

In general, the passing in the final 3rd has been poor

Jesus Wanyama, dont dive in like that in Europe!!

Starting to create chances now, not sure that was a foul on Forrest, I thought he should've done better. Nice cut-back after that.

Samaras is causing all sorts of problems for their defence.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Helsinki coming into this now after a bright start from Celtic. Need to be careful here. Need to win by 2 or more really taking our usual away form into account.

Yeah we've lost the momentum we had in the first 20 mins, passing has been sloppy. Need to start keeping the ball more and work our way back into this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Giving the ball away time after time at the mo.

ball keeps bein hoofed up past everybody

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement