Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Dempsey wrote: »
    Miminal hit taken on the TV deal tbh

Instead of going to £16m a season, the SPL will be getting £13m a season. Yes, thats the same we were getting under the old deal and the same we were getting from Setanta 4 years ago!

The hit is with Sportfive which generates a whopping 2.7m per season, not a lot tbh. Certainly nothing near the scaremongering that was going on by Regan & Doncaster

There you have it. Who needs the ..ehhhh....what was the name of that club from Govan that went bust.......... I've forgotten their name. No matter time to kick on, new domestic season starts today and big CL tie on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

CELTIC (4-4-2) Forster; Matthews, Wanyama, Rogne, Izaguirre; Commons, Kayal, Ledley, Samaras; Hooper, Stokes

Subs: Zaluska, Wilson, McCourt, Lustig, Murphy, McGeouch, F. Twardzik

Where the f*ck is our 2012/13 thread? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

AberdeenXI: Langfield, Osbourne, Anderson, Considine, Naismith, Jack, Hughes, Rae, Hayes, McGinn, Vernon.

Aberdeen starting 11 looking stronger than last year. Aberdeen also sold all of their allocation for the away end, should be a good atmosphere

If he gets the best out of Hayes & McGinn then I'd reckon they could take 3rd/4th this season, thats a massive turnaround on last year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Do they usually do those guard of honours at the start of the season? :confused: I'd point blank refuse. It's a new season.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do they usually do those guard of honours at the start of the season? :confused: I'd point blank refuse. It's a new season.

Guard of honour for the champions, fairly ham alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Guard of honour for the champions, fairly ham alright

Do most leagues do that? I'd have no problem at the end of last season but I wouldn't do it for the start of a new one. It's a new season.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do most leagues do that? I'd have no problem at the end of last season but I wouldn't do it for the start of a new one. It's a new season.

Not sure tbh, unfurling of a champions flag is enough for me.

Hooper was asleep there for the set piece. He seems to be still on holidays, mentally.

Looks like Samaras has had a few teeth knocked out! Ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That was very reckless high boot - did he even get a card?

081sj.jpg

• Advertisement

That was very reckless high boot - did he even get a card?

You wont get a card for that in Scotland! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Right, who had 23 minutes in the "when will ADIG post a sky+ frame sweep"?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Pretty poor first half from both teams, can't help feeling the Celtic players attitude of just having to turn up and collect the 3 pts is going to come back and bite them a few times this season.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Right, who had 23 minutes in the "when will ADIG post a sky+ frame sweep"?;)

I did although I needed something to do to keep my interest in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

commons

:) A howler from Langfield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

don't like chelsea dagger after a goal to be honest

Get out of jail free card for Celtic, we've been a shambles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Goal of the month :D

• Advertisement

Win is a win is a win

Jammy goal but I think we controlled the ball very well against a team trying to choke the game. Hooper & Stokes are miles off the pace still for some reason. Murphy isnt a good alternative either. Lennon has some work to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Win is a win is a win

Jammy goal but I think we controlled the ball very well against a team trying to choke the game. Hooper & Stokes are miles off the pace still for some reason. Murphy isnt a good alternative either. Lennon has some work to do.

I don't think, he was that bad today. Not outstanding, but no blunders either, imo

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I don't think, he was that bad today. Not outstanding, but no blunders either, imo

IMO, he was never good enough nor will he ever be. He did a job today but for the money we spent on him, he should be a first team regular not a lad loaned out until end of contract. Nowhere near the level required although you could easily say the same about Stokes and Hooper at the moment!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just caught the highlights of the Aberdeen game, thank god for the howler from Langfield. If the highlights were a good representation of the game, we need to be creating better chances than that.

Away at the moment, so doubtful I'll see tomorrow's game either. That's maybe a good thing, but my other half won't be impressed with me being glued to web updates for the scoreline either. Crucial we get an early goal tomorrow to settle the nerves. We should be going out with the approach of needing the win. Play like we did in the 2nd half last week and we'll be ok, play like we did in the first half and it could be a long long night.

Edit: WHERE'S OUR NEW THREAD?!?!?!? :mad: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

PauloMN wrote: »
    Just caught the highlights of the Aberdeen game, thank god for the howler from Langfield. If the highlights were a good representation of the game, we need to be creating better chances than that.

Away at the moment, so doubtful I'll see tomorrow's game either. That's maybe a good thing, but my other half won't be impressed with me being glued to web updates for the scoreline either. Crucial we get an early goal tomorrow to settle the nerves. We should be going out with the approach of needing the win. Play like we did in the 2nd half last week and we'll be ok, play like we did in the first half and it could be a long long night.

Edit: WHERE'S OUR NEW THREAD?!?!?!? :mad: :confused:

Agree with that, we need to approach the game thinking we need a win. There needs to be a balance there. I'm sure izzy and Matthews won't be bombing forward leaving our center backs exposed.
    I expect us to get through but nothing is assured when celtic play away.

So Joel Pohjanpalo will be starting tonight because Juho Makela is injured with a hamstring injury. This kid is highly rated and rightly so. In his 1st start for the club, he scored a perfect hat trick (left, right & header)

Far too much has been made of the artificial surface, a couple of hours of training on 3G surfaces and you are used to them. I'd be very surprised if Lennon goes with anything other than a 4-5-1 tonight, dominating ball possession will be key.

EDIT
    Beram Kayal ‏@beramangela

Wishing the best luck for the bhoys ⚽ I hope that we will finish the game with big win✌✌

Either bad English or he wont be playing. With Brown struggling for fitness aswell, that is a worry.

• Advertisement

CELTIC: Forster; Matthews, Rogne, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Brown, Wanyama, Ledley, Commons; Samaras, Hooper

Subs: Zaluska, Stokes, McCourt, Lustig, Kayal, Forrest, Murphy. Kick off is 8pm local time, 6pm Celtic Park time.

Pulled from the Twitter feed.

I'm happy with the lineup tbh although the big question is how fit is Brown for this match.

CELTIC: Forster; Matthews, Rogne, Mulgrew, Izaguirre; Brown, Wanyama, Ledley, Commons; Samaras, Hooper

Subs: Zaluska, Stokes, McCourt, Lustig, Kayal, Forrest, Murphy. Kick off is 8pm local time, 6pm Celtic Park time.

Pulled from the Twitter feed.

I'm happy with the lineup tbh although the big question is how fit is Brown for this match.

Happy with the team, glad Wanyama is playing in midfield, he can dictate the game from there and offers protection to the centre backs.

Won't get to see the game as I'm working which is probably good for my heart but confident we can get through maybe even with an away win.

There's been a change to the list of substitutes - Dylan McGeouch will now be on the bench instead of James Forrest.

Hopefully thats only a precaution and an aggravation of his injury

EDIT

HJK: Wallén, Sorsa, Lindström, Lahti, Sumusalo, Mannström, Perovuo, Väyrynen, Schüller, Savage, Pohjanpalo

EDIT
    It would appear the teamlines are wrong - it looks like James Forrest IS on the bench afterall and not Dylan McGeouch.

Hooper with a half chance, good work from Brown.

That's a dodgy surface that they're playing on, reminds me of Loftus Road in the '80s

• Advertisement

Brown with a great chance, puts it wide.

The pitch is dry so the ball will hold up and passes will be slower, just have to be patient.

Bad miss by Brown tbh

EDIT

Great control by Samaras, pity about the finish

Tie should be over by now. We look like scoring though..

That referee will have a complete brainfart before this game is over, we need to create and finish chances

That referee will have a complete brainfart before this game is over, we need to create and finish chances

Hooper is being penalised for feck all.

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Hooper is being penalised for feck all.

Some very soft frees given to HJK so far

What a ball that was from Commons. Deserved better.

Seems we cant make any contact with their players in the final 3rd of the field, the referee is an idiot!

Hooper should have done better there, great ball by Commons

Fcks sake why is UEFA allowing CL ties to played on that surface

Fcks sake why is UEFA allowing CL ties to played on that surface

Nothing wrong with the surface imo, would you rather a 3G surface or something like Fir Park to play on?

• Advertisement

A right chance for HJK, how they miss that?! Celtic have moved their 'naptime' from the 1st 5 minutes of the 1st half to the 2nd half this season!

Nothing wrong with the surface imo, would you rather a 3G surface or something like Fir Park to play on?
    Are ya joking the surface is a disgrace like playing on a car park as Forster called it. We should still be able to beat this lot no matter what, they're no great shakes

Are ya joking the surface is a disgrace like playing on a car park as Forster called it. We should still be able to beat this lot no matter what, they're no great shakes

Have you ever played on a 3G surface? I have and its nowhere near as bad as you are trying to make out. A modern surface like Celtic Park is nearly as hard as 3G in dry weather. The surface is not an excuse for Celtic.

Talk about a home referee.

Have you ever played on a 3G surface? I have and its nowhere near as bad as you are trying to make out. A modern surface like Celtic Park is nearly as hard as 3G in dry weather. The surface is not an excuse for Celtic.

I'm not making excuses Celtic should be beating this team anyway. The surface is poor the ball is bobbling around the place

Wanyama poor again tonight giving the ball away easy.

I'd get Kayal on now.

EDIT Never mind. Ledley :D

Well done Ledley!

Yeeesss - Ledley

Nice 1 Joe that should do it

• Advertisement

Wanyama off, 2nd yellow :(