Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Brewster wrote: »
    Hi to all resident Scottish football fans, what a few months it has been hopefully things will start to settle down now, whatever that may mean! I think the most important thing for the game that Rangers future has been secure first and foremost. There were times over the summer when their future was looking bleak but with nearly 50k at Ibrox yesterday the club will go from strength to strength and I have no doubt they will be back in the Top division in due course. Who knows whether that will be in the SPL or not? The SPL faces an extremely uncertain future but hopefully it can survive. I think Celtic face into a period of uncertainty. It is going to be very hard for Lenny to keep his players motivated throughout the season. Clearly Champions League qualification is a must and will provide a welcome distraction for the first half of season. European football after Xmas will help keep the players interested. Celtic will face a huge challenge to keep the crowds coming into Celtic Park. The attendance at the first league game against Aberdeen was less than impressive. If the punters can't get up for the league flag being unfurled, what chance next Feb when the league will be won? The marketing people at Celtic will have their work cut out for them. Many on here have argued passionately that Celtic don't need Rangers, many including I, would disagree with this statement. Time will tell as the man says.......

Hilarious stuff :pac:

That DOESN'T mean that I want to read more of it though...... :cool:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

If you want to discuss attendance figures, head to the The Rangers thread. The lads over there are jizzing themselves over headcounts when they aren't at the paedo stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

PauloMN wrote: »
    If you want to discuss attendance figures, head to the The Rangers thread. The lads over there are jizzing themselves over headcounts when they aren't at the paedo stuff.

LOL LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Well like all clubs Paul, attendance figures are incredibly important as you will appreciate. Fans' money are the lifeblood of clubs, particularly in a league when the TV monies are low. With Rangers absence from the SPL, attendance figures are going to be hit and I believe Celtic as a club will be hardest hit. I could be wrong and we won't know till later in season.

RoryMac wrote: »
    ha ha you can but laugh, Rangers going from strength to strength but Celtic face a period of uncertainty!?!

Top class trolling

Trolling my A.. Rangers are in the third division. There is no pressure on them, they have sold an incredible amount of season tickets. The pressure is off them now. They have no historic debt anymore. They will stroll promotion this year. All of their really high earners have departed the club. Not sure what is so hard to understand about this?? Celtic face a real challenge to bring the punters in the door. The Champions League revenue is an absolute must for Celtic and I hopefully they can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Well like all clubs Paul, attendance figures are incredibly important as you will appreciate. Fans' money are the lifeblood of clubs, particularly in a league when the TV monies are low. With Rangers absence from the SPL, attendance figures are going to be hit and I believe Celtic as a club will be hardest hit. I could be wrong and we won't know till later in season.

Well if we take Aberdeen as an example, last year they sold approximately 4500 tickets, this year they have sold approximately 7500. Fans of a few clubs I have been talking to seem to be more likely to go to games this season in comparison with last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Trolling my A.. Rangers are in the third division. There is no pressure on them, they have sold an incredible amount of season tickets. The pressure is off them now. They have no historic debt anymore.

The reason they have no debt is because they failed to pay their debts. Life would be rosy and solid for everyone if we could all rack up huge debts then default and start again.

You need to get a grip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Why is there people talking about the club formerly known as Rangers on this thread. We've got a massive game coming up on Tuesday, no-one gives a rats ass about some club with no history or pedigree from Govan plying their trade in the obscurity of div 3.

What's the injury situation like for Tuesday's game does anyone know? I take it Hooper, Brown et al will be available?

The reason they have no debt is because they failed to pay their debts. Life would be rosy and solid for everyone if we could all rack up huge debts then default and start again.

You need to get a grip

ADIG, I don't think anyone needs a history lesson as to why they have no debts! I was simply stating the facts as they currently stand. Why do I need to get a grip?! Words fail me..

Why is there people talking about the club formerly known as Rangers on this thread. We've got a massive game coming up on Tuesday, no-one gives a rats ass about some club with no history or pedigree from Govan plying their trade in the obscurity of div 3.

What's the injury situation like for Tuesday's game does anyone know? I take it Hooper, Brown et al will be available?

I think you doth protest too much! Clealy you care along with the 50 odd thousand attending Ibrox yesterday who clearly do give a rats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

fingers crossed things go well Tuesday or else brewstirrer will be creaming himself. any more on the ki situation lads, I know it's tho one position we could afford to let one go but I think we could get a lot more out of him. Lenny seemed to suggest he would sell at the right price with ki's contract running down.

I think you doth protest too much! Clealy you care along with the 50 odd thousand attending Ibrox yesterday who clearly do give a rats!

Believe me I don't care, a newcoRangers side will be back in the SPL soon. Bar the odd cup tie v them, I fully expect that rivalries will commence at league level between ourselves and newcorangers in about 3 years from now. We have other, bigger, fish to fry in the meantime.

You must forgive him Brewster he is hurting like feck because we never died and our history remains.
    ;)

bobmalooka wrote: »
    fingers crossed things go well Tuesday or else brewstirrer will be creaming himself. any more on the ki situation lads, I know it's tho one position we could afford to let one go but I think we could get a lot more out of him. Lenny seemed to suggest he would sell at the right price with ki's contract running down.

Selling Ki appears to be inevitable at this point, hope we get 7 million+ for him and invest in a CB or CF.

What are you on about? I'll be cheering Celtic on in Europe as I have done for many years. Scottish football need Celtic to qualify for CL. It's needs a boost. Don't be posting inaccurate drivel as some sort of fact. My support of Celtic in Europe has been well documented on these forums.

You must forgive him Brewster he is hurting like feck because we never died and our history remains.
    ;)

The history from the oldco is steeped in shame, you can't cherry pick the trophies that were won by the oldco and welch on debts, while expecting other people to view you as the same club:rolleyes:. Unless you are entirely deluded of course:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Selling Ki appears to be inevitable at this point, hope we get 7 million+ for him and invest in a CB or CF.

I think a new CB has to be top priority as we're short numbers back there

A CF would be great but unless he's of a standard to make an impact in Europe I don't see the point. We're strong enough there to get goals in the SPL. I'd like to see Watt get more game time.

What are you on about? I'll be cheering Celtic on in Europe as I have done for many years. Scottish football need Celtic to qualify for CL. It's needs a boost. Don't be posting accurate drivel as some sort of fact. My support of Celtic in Europe has been well documented on these forums.
    Good man Brewster, what would we do without support like yours!

The history from the oldco is steeped in shame, you can't cherry pick the trophies that were won by the oldco and welch on debts, while expecting other people to view you as the same club:rolleyes:. Unless you are entirely deluded of course:pac:.

Oh we have had shameful episodes in our past no one is denting that to be honest I couldn't give a rats ass what you choose to believe, but a wee trip to the official SFL website states clearly what our history is. I will go with that thanks.
    LOL even in your own thread you complain that others are talking about Rangers yet you do it yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

;)
    Know body is claiming your 3 games should be removed from the history books.

Know body is claiming your 3 games should be removed from the history books.

Read the post before this from me it explains it in nice simple terms ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

well you seem to give a rats arse considering the amount of time you spend posting about them

well you seem to give a rats arse considering the amount of time you spend posting about them

I'm also posting about the game on Tuesday. What's your problem anyway?

Rory, I am sure everyone would cope fine without my support as the club would do without yours! A poster claimed I would be happy to see Celtic fail on Tuesday which couldn't be further from the truth.

I'm also posting about the game on Tuesday. What's your problem anyway?

no problem at all here, why would there be?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I would be absolutely amazed if Rangers are not playing in SPL next season. There will be four Old Firm games next season in my view. Money talks in this world and it talks louder than anything else. Rangers will have a few lean years with Celtic dominant but Rangers will be competitive again in a few years.

:D Lol

no problem at all here, why would there be?

Well what was that last comment for then?

;)

I think you could have a point! Your club came very close to being wiped out to be fair.. What some people fail to realise though is that Rangers are playing with the same SFA licence this season as they were last season and the season before that... ! This transfer of the SFA licence was absolutely essential if Rangers were going to add to an already illustrious history of achievement. Had this transfer not taken place, you were looking at starting afresh im afraid.

Well what was that last comment for then?

you ask who gives a rats arse about rangers yet you regularly post about them, thats all

I think you could have a point! Your club came very close to being wiped out to be fair.. What some people fail to realise though is that Rangers are playing with the same SFA licence this season as they were last season and the season before that... ! This transfer of the SFA licence was absolutely essential if Rangers were going to add to an already illustrious history of achievement. Had this transfer not taken place, you were looking at starting afresh im afraid.

Yup but that seems to be beyond some people. Anyway mate I said in the Rangers thread I an fed up going over the same stuff over and over so they can type away to their wee hearts are content if football is being discussed I will be happy to take part

• Advertisement

:D Lol

I was very surprised at that one Paul, I got it wrong on that occasion. I was surprised how fan power won out Paul. It is not often money comes second place in a debate! I think one or two clubs could come to regret their decision though..

They are important, no doubt. To be honest though, I don't care enough about attendance figures to spend literally weeks debating it like a bunch of school kids on a thread of our ex-rival club. I was just pointing out that the good folks over in the other thread will discuss attendance figures with you until the cows come home, because let's face it, there isn't a whole lot else to talk about in Div 3.

Celtic are in the SPL and have guaranteed European football until Christmas at least. Please explain to me what "hard hit" means exactly in the grand scheme of things. Or let me ask you a question: would you rather be playing division 3 football in Scotland, or in the SPL and playing European football? I know which I'd rather.

I was very surprised at that one Paul, I got it wrong on that occasion. I was surprised how fan power won out Paul. It is not often money comes second place in a debate! I think one or two clubs could come to regret their decision though..

Celtic won't, and that's all that I (and most people on this thread) care about. I said it all along, if any SPL clubs die because of the Rangers FC fiasco, they should probably have died a long time ago, and were not being run properly. The clubs run properly will survive.

you ask who gives a rats arse about rangers yet you regularly post about them, thats all

I was responding to Brewster raising comments about Rangers on a Celtic thread. With newcoRangers having to start again in div 3 I think talking about them on this thread is more irrelevant now than ever. As frequently happens when someone throws in a comment that's not particularly relevant to a thread, then there's a few comments that come from that. Your comments among them btw, so don't be so smart.

I was responding to Brewster raising comments about Rangers on a Celtic thread. With newcoRangers having to start again in div 3 I think talking about them on this thread is more irrelevant now than ever. As frequently happens when someone throws in a comment that's not particularly relevant to a thread, then there's a few comments that come from that. Your comments among them btw, so don't be so smart.

ya but obviously you and many other celtic fans do give a 'rats arse' about them as indeed do i. I was merely pointing that out.

ya but obviously you and many other celtic fans do give a 'rats arse' about them as indeed do i. I was merely pointing that out.

While they are in div 3 I don't give a rats ass about The Rangers. If we draw them in a cup game then I'll be hoping we beat them like any other team we play. Celtic and the rest of the SPL will just get on with their own domestic league without them, and crucially for Celtic Euro games too. The Rangers, or newcorangers, or whatever - bar we draw them in a Cup game - are more or less out of sight out of mind.

While they are in div 3 I don't give a rats ass about The Rangers. If we draw them in a cup game then I'll be hoping we beat them like any other team we play. Celtic and the rest of the SPL will just get on with their own domestic league without them, and crucially for Celtic Euro games too. The Rangers, or newcorangers, or whatever - bar we draw them in a Cup game - are more or less out of sight out of mind.

fair enough. So you will stop referring to them on almost every post you make on Scottish football???

Rory, I am sure everyone would cope fine without my support as the club would do without yours! A poster claimed I would be happy to see Celtic fail on Tuesday which couldn't be further from the truth.

TBH Brewster I couldn't care if you support us on Tuesday, it's not going to change my opinion of you.

fair enough. So you will stop referring to them on almost every post you make on Scottish football???

I'll post comments on whatever topics I want to here if you don't mind. As it happens I make lots of posts about Celtic without referring to "those who shall not be named" for the purposes of this conversation at all, as a matter of fact.

Are you analysing my posts? If you are you need to start to do a better job at it. You are the one that's continuing talking about them on this thread now ironically btw.

They are important, no doubt. To be honest though, I don't care enough about attendance figures to spend literally weeks debating it like a bunch of school kids on a thread of our ex-rival club. I was just pointing out that the good folks over in the other thread will discuss attendance figures with you until the cows come home, because let's face it, there isn't a whole lot else to talk about in Div 3.

Celtic are in the SPL and have guaranteed European football until Christmas at least. Please explain to me what "hard hit" means exactly in the grand scheme of things. Or let me ask you a question: would you rather be playing division 3 football in Scotland, or in the SPL and playing European football? I know which I'd rather.

Sorry Paul, happy to explain myself. I think Celtic 's temporary separation from Rangers is going to hit them hard. There is a core of the Celtic support that are more concerned about Rangers than their own club. I have always said this, there are one or two said folk who post here ! I think the absence of Rangers will hit Celtic hard in the pocket. CL football will counter this and that's why it is so important. Celtic have massive outgoings in terms of their wage bill, a wage bill that needs bums in their seats. I think Celtic will struggle in this regard. Will they sell out any league game this season? I'd have my doubts. Rangers on the other hand don't have these pressures. Their costs are a fraction of those at Celtic and I believe they will thrive on the sense of adventure that surrounds Ibrox now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'll post comments on whatever topics I want to here if you don't mind. As it happens I make lots of posts about Celtic without referring to "those who shall not be named" for the purposes of this conversation at all, as a matter of fact.

Are you analysing my posts? If you are you need to start to do a better job at it. You are the one that's continuing talking about them on this thread now ironically btw.
    But how can you say you don't care about them, but talk about them constantly? I don't care about Club Brugge or Ballinamallard United, so I don't talk about them.

TBH Brewster I couldn't care if you support us on Tuesday, it's not going to change my opinion of you.

Rory that's fine.. Your entitled to your opinion of me whatever that may be!! I repeat I was just picking up on a point from another poster who claimed id like to see Celtic lose on Tuesday. This is 100% incorrect.

Rory that's fine.. Your entitled to your opinion of me whatever that may be!! I repeat I was just picking up on a point from another poster who claimed id like to see Celtic lose on Tuesday. This is 100% incorrect.

Good for you, can't say I'm surprised any Celtic fan would've formed the opinion that you would enjoy seeing us getting beaten, not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Your sense of surprise that someone could possibly think that of you is quite amusing though as is your need to set the record straight, it's almost as if you think we care...

CSF wrote: »
    But how can you say you don't care about them, but talk about them constantly? I don't care about Club Brugge or Ballinamallard United, so I don't talk about them.

Is there some reason why you are getting involved in this? Are you another expert analyst on my posts? I didn't realise I had followers.

The thing is the two of ye are wrong in whatever analysis you are conducting, you'll have to try harder lad.

Good for you, can't say I'm surprised any Celtic fan would've formed the opinion that you would enjoy seeing us getting beaten, not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Your sense of surprise that someone could possibly think that of you is quite amusing though as is your need to set the record straight, it's almost as if you think we care...

Rory I have been harping on about the Scottish coefficient for years on here, long before you started posting here. How on earth anyone on here would think I'd want Celtc to lose a European tie is beyond me? You will not find one post from me in here that would back up the other posters claim so yes, please understand my surprise......

Rory I have been harping on about the Scottish coefficient for years on here, long before you started posting here. How on earth anyone on here would think I'd want Celtc to lose a European tie is beyond me? You will not find one post from me in here that would back up the other posters claim so yes, please understand my surprise......

When these accusations are constantly being made about you maybe you need to look back at your posts to see why that is.

Your occasional appearances in this thread always cause the same reaction, why do you think that is?

When these accusations are constantly being made about you maybe you need to look back at your posts to see why that is.

Your occasional appearances in this thread always cause the same reaction, why do you think that is?

I have been posting here for years and tonight is the first time some poster has indicated that I would wish to see Celtic lose a European tie. Absolute horsesh**t. Look if you wish to debate the point by providing evidence from my postings over the years on here that would prove you correct, I am all for it. Otherwise just leave it. Believe me, I have questioned myself over and over again how some idiots come to incorrect conclusions about me. It actually angers me that someone would think I would wish to see Celtic lose a european tie.

I have been posting here for years and tonight is the first time some poster has indicated that I would wish to see Celtic lose a European tie. Absolute horsesh**t. Look if you wish to debate the point by providing evidence from my postings over the years on here that would prove you correct, I am all for it. Otherwise just leave it. Believe me, I have questioned myself over and over again how some idiots come to incorrect conclusions about me. It actually angers me that someone would think I would wish to see Celtic lose a european tie.

Every opening post you make in here has the same obvious slant as today, Rangers setting an example to Celtic, Rangers on the up etc.

I've seen numerous people point you in the direction of the Rangers thread which you seem incapable of finding.

As per my earlier comment I could care if you plan on supporting Celtic in Europe, I don't see anything in your posts that indicate you have any affection for Celtic in fact my reading of your posts lead me to believe the opposite. Nothing wrong with that of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

25168938.jpg

• Advertisement

Sorry Paul, happy to explain myself. I think Celtic 's temporary separation from Rangers is going to hit them hard. There is a core of the Celtic support that are more concerned about Rangers than their own club. I have always said this, there are one or two said folk who post here ! I think the absence of Rangers will hit Celtic hard in the pocket. CL football will counter this and that's why it is so important. Celtic have massive outgoings in terms of their wage bill, a wage bill that needs bums in their seats. I think Celtic will struggle in this regard. Will they sell out any league game this season? I'd have my doubts. Rangers on the other hand don't have these pressures. Their costs are a fraction of those at Celtic and I believe they will thrive on the sense of adventure that surrounds Ibrox now.

But you say it in such a manner which seems to suggest that out of the two clubs, Celtic are the ones in strife. It's laughable tbh. There's no pressure on The Rangers? Newsflash, they are in Division 3 ffs!!!

Our guaranteed European football will help with the costs, and should we qualify for the CL, we should have a very good season financially. Attendances have been down for a number of years, I doubt the absence of the old Rangers from the SPL will have any significant effect on attendances at Parkhead.

You should start a new thread for Coefficient FC. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement