Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Stokes in great scoring form. Pity he burned his bridges with Trap. He wouldn't be a first choice pick but should be in the squad on current form.

I think they would fall out at the 1st training session tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭henke

Good result today and Stokes is is fine goalscoring form. Lets see what the Rangers can do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

henke wrote: »
    Good result today and Stokes is is fine goalscoring form. Lets see what the Rangers can do now.
    Oh theyll win.Dont worry about that.At Ibrox?:eek: Theres no doubt.I think we have to win every single game including Old Firms.Coz no one else is gonna do us any favours. I thought Aberdeen and hertz might have at least drawn with them recently since the rangers were away, but its the same old, same old.We have to win every game.End of story. 3 wins in arow after today. I suppose its a start.Especially with a very bad back 4. That El-whatever at left back is a liability. At least hes only on-loan.

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Oh theyll win.Dont worry about that.At Ibrox?:eek: Theres no doubt.I think we have to win every single game including Old Firms.Coz no one else is gonna do us any favours. I thought Aberdeen and hertz might have at least drawn with them recently since the rangers were away, but its the same old, same old.We have to win every game.End of story. 3 wins in arow after today. I suppose its a start.Especially with a very bad back 4. That El-whatever at left back is a liability. At least hes only on-loan.

I'm sure they will win and you right we have to win every game until the very next Old Firm at the least, but it is possible Rangers could lose form at some stage throughout the season.

I'm sure they will win and you right we have to win every game until the very next Old Firm at the least, but it is possible Rangers could lose form at some stage throughout the season.
    I agree, but theyre form isnt exactly brilliant as it is. They just seem to win game after game without doing anything special.Like last season. They are a terrible team to watch,but we are our own worst enemy,

Yes.I was wrong.We still need to win our games though.The gap is closing.This League aint over.

Surprised at Rangers drawing today :D. Good result for us. Win our game on Wednesday which we really should and the lead is cut to seven points, which is far from the foregone conclusion we thought this league was a few weeks ago. We must maintain our form though and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Surprised at Rangers drawing today :D. Good result for us. Win our game on Wednesday which we really should and the lead is cut to seven points, which is far from the foregone conclusion we thought this league was a few weeks ago. We must maintain our form though and not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Exactly.We need to drive on.No room for error.None.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

By the time Rangers go to Kilmarnock tomorrow week, their lead could be down to 4, albeit with a game in hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Pics from Peelmaster on the HB, 2nd one is the police eyeing up the Celtic fans for that Terry Butcher offensive song!

whoopdedoo.jpg

Scum.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Pics from Peelmaster on the HB, 2nd one is the police eyeing up the Celtic fans for that Terry Butcher offensive song!

Was Bob Marley singing it? :pac:

tommyhaas wrote: »
    By the time Rangers go to Kilmarnock tomorrow week, their lead could be down to 4, albeit with a game in hand

As they say, you would rather have the points on the board than the games in hand ;).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Fantastic day at the office, 3 hard away points earned and 2 easy ones dropped for The Rangers.

Keep it up Celtic. This league still has life left in it yet. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

I watched the last 20 minutes of Rangers v St Johnstone. This league title race ain't over by a long shot. Maybe it was just a bad day at the office but Rangers were really really poor. I knew they were no great shakes but I was surprised at how bad they were today.

Would consider having a wee punt on Celtic for the title given the odds should be good at this juncture. Celtic are still a long way behind, but there's also a long way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I didn't see the game today but another good win and a valuable 3 points for Celtic. Great to see Stokes scoring 2 and proving his doubters wrong once again. Also good to see our back 4 not conceding a goal for a change! The slip up by rangers in Ibrox was an added bonus!

Still a lot of work for Celtic to do to claw back rangers lead so It's important the club keeps winning every game till the xmas derby game.

• Advertisement

dartbhoy wrote: »
    I didn't see the game today but another good win and a valuable 3 points for Celtic. Great to see Stokes scoring 2 and proving his doubters wrong once again. Also good to see our back 4 not conceding a goal for a change! The slip up by rangers in Ibrox was an added bonus!

Still a lot of work for Celtic to do to claw back rangers lead so It's important the club keeps winning every game till the xmas derby game.
    Anyone who doutbts Stokes now needs their head examined.Hopefully the rangers slip up is one of many to come.They are not a good team.Its up to us to exploit that.:D

whoopdedoo.jpg

Scum.jpg
    Whats the story with the 2nd pic? Is that from the match or just a piss take?

Anyone who doutbts Stokes now needs their head examined.Hopefully the rangers slip up is one of many to come.They are not a good team.Its up to us to exploit that.:D
    Well said PH67. There seems to be some doubters amongst our own support about Stokes but personally I think they dislike him because of his father's antics which is a ridiculous opinion to form,Anthony is not responsible for his Father's actions!

Well said PH67. There seems to be some doubters amongst our own support about Stokes but personally I think they dislike him because of his father's antics which is a ridiculous opinion to form,Anthony is not responsible for his Father's actions!

Explain all the fines he got last season then? As you say, ya cant pin those on his father. The player has a well documented attitude problem and its too early to say that he'll never ever ever slip in that regard. It wasnt so long ago that he wasnt bothered about playing for Ireland.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Explain all the fines he got last season then? As you say, ya cant pin those on his father. The player has a well documented attitude problem and its too early to say that he'll never ever ever slip in that regard. It wasnt so long ago that he wasnt bothered about playing for Ireland.
    Here we go again! You've documented it on many occasions you have no time for Stokes and while I can't understand your opinion your entitled to it. At present IMO Stokes has been keeping us in the running for the league with his goals scored recently with Hooper completely off the boil this season IMO.

• Advertisement

Exactly.Stokes grows on me by the day.Hes a fine player(Burned his bridges with el trap-otherwise he'd be in the Ireland squad).He seems to be keeping the head down now and concentrating on his football.Liam Brady used to rave about him when Brady was over the Arsenal youths.I think hes finally fulfilling his potential.;)

Hes grown up.At long last.:)

Here we go again! You've documented it on many occasions you have no time for Stokes and while I can't understand your opinion your entitled to it. At present IMO Stokes has been keeping us in the running for the league with his goals scored recently with Hooper completely off the boil this season IMO.

LOL, what?

His ability/potential was never in doubt, its his attitude and ego. Most players fail because of their attitude, not ability or potential. He has a well documented history or run ins and falling outs with managers up until very recently so to condescend people with the idea that his attitude is now beyond reproach is an utter joke. There is valid grounds for questioning how long his form will last and whether he'll have another spat with Lennon all things considered. I suppose you think this is all a remote possibility or something :rolleyes:

LOL, what?

His ability/potential was never in doubt, its his attitude and ego. Most players fail because of their attitude, not ability or potential. He has a well documented history or run ins and falling outs with managers up until very recently so to condescend people with the idea that his attitude is now beyond reproach is an utter joke. There is valid grounds for questioning how long his form will last and whether he'll have another spat with Lennon all things considered. I suppose you think this is all a remote possibility or something :rolleyes:
    Stokes is finally in a happy place. Fans are appreciating him.At least some are.

Perhaps Stokes attitude has been questionable in the past but the fact is at the minute he is doing the business in front of goal which is exactly a strikers job. As long as he keeps doing that I for one wont complain.

Stokes is finally in a happy place. Fans are appreciating him.At least some are.

I'm happy that he's playing well but I'm not going to fool myself like you are

LOL, what?

As I said your entitled to your opinion but I'm not getting involved in a childish brawl with you over our top goalscorer so far this season.

As I said your entitled to your opinion but I'm not getting involved in a childish brawl with you over our top goalscorer so far this season.

Form is temporary, Commons, Kayal & Hooper have found that out

I'm happy that he's playing well but I'm not going to fool myself like you are
    Im confused with you.We have a striker on fire and........I dont get it.Care to explain?

Perhaps Stokes attitude has been questionable in the past but the fact is at the minute he is doing the business in front of goal which is exactly a strikers job. As long as he keeps doing that I for one wont complain.
    Exzactly Henke! He has let himself down in the past no doubt and his attitude has been wrong at times but the man is young and there has been plenty of players his age in the past who've had similar problems and made the same mistakes. Personally I think some of the stick he gets off Celtic fans at times is unreasonable. And the last thing I want to be doing on this thread is arguing with a fellow Celtic supporter over it!

• Advertisement

Im confused with you.We have a striker on fire and........I dont get it.Care to explain?

I have yet to see Stokes maintain form for sustained period of time, his ego always seems to get in the way. Its very possible that it can happen again. So for you say "Anyone who doutbts Stokes now needs their head examined" is very much premature.

Form is temporary, Commons, Kayal & Hooper have found that out
    It's all doom and gloom with you Dempsey? We won 2-0 today and our nearest rivals slipped up,I'm quite happy tonight and a bit more optimistic than I was a month ago I'll admit. And I'm sure most Celtic supporters are of the same opinion as me.

It's all doom and gloom with you Dempsey? We won 2-0 today and our nearest rivals slipped up,I'm quite happy tonight and a bit more optimistic than I was a month ago I'll admit. And I'm sure most Celtic supporters are of the same opinion as me.

I'm very happy with what happened today, why would my opinion of Stokes change that?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

So long as he keeps doing what he is doing, I'm happy. :) He has had attitude problems, but credit where it's due and he seems to be concentrating on the football. His 2nd today was really well taken, and he's definitely improved in recent months.

If he keeps this up and stays on the right side of Lennon, you never know what will happen in relation to the Ireland squad - although I hope he's talking to Trap rather than just saying what he wants in the media. It's hard to see him making it at this stage for the European final but maybe he can play some part in the World Cup campaign, who knows. He has age on his side.

I'm very happy with what happened today, why would my opinion of Stokes change that?
    Look man as a Celtic fan I don't want to be arguing with a fellow fan so I'll leave it at that,our opinions are totally opposite!

I have yet to see Stokes maintain form for sustained period of time, his ego always seems to get in the way. Its very possible that it can happen again. So for you say "Anyone who doutbts Stokes now needs their head examined" is very much premature.
    So far, he has no reason to even have an ego in the game.Let him earn the right to have one at Celtic.:D

Didn't see the game today but Butcher moaning to the media about the sending off. Was it a harsh call or just typical Butcher moaning? Lennon on BBC very happy with today's win and he reckons Celtic fans haven't seen the best of Stokes yet,I hope he's right!

So far, he has no reason to even have an ego in the game.Let him earn the right to have one at Celtic.:D

I'm actually using his hair as a measuring stick, god help us if he gets hair plugs :pac:

Didn't see the game today but Butcher moaning to the media about the sending off. Was it a harsh call or just typical Butcher moaning? Lennon on BBC very happy with today's win and he reckons Celtic fans haven't seen the best of Stokes yet,I hope he's right!
    The sending off- He looked at Samaras(beforehand to see where his attack was landing) and proceeded to poke his finger into Samaras eye.Straight red.

• Advertisement

The sending off- He looked at Samaras(beforehand to see where his attack was landing) and proceeded to poke his finger into Samaras eye.Straight red.
    Typical Butcher style attack so:D

Typical Butcher style attack so:D
    Im sure Terence didnt put him up to it:D

It was harsh but the players forced the referee into a decision.

Samaras was standing under a high ball, Tansey is running towards Samaras who is about to do a standing jump to header. Tansey takes his eyes off the ball and looks at Samaras then jumps with Samaras, Sammy is much taller, leading with his elbow. He doesnt catch Samaras much, and he does make a meal of it but the intent was clear and when you see it first time at normal speed, you'd think there is intent.

It was harsh but the players forced the referee into a decision.

Samaras was standing under a high ball, Tansey is running towards Samaras who is about to do a standing jump to header. Tansey takes his eyes off the ball and looks at Samaras then jumps with Samaras, Sammy is much taller, leading with his elbow. He doesnt catch Samaras much, and he does make a meal of it but the intent was clear and when you see it first time at normal speed, you'd think there is intent.
    Butcher moaning about it and questioning refereeing standards. However refereeing standards in Scotland are shocking and probably the worst in Western Europe IMO! Are Celtic playing their game in hand against Killie this midweek coming?

Im sure Terence didnt put him up to it:D
    Terence isn't that type of individual:D

We are playing Dunfermline this Wednesday night.

The player didnt make it easy for the referee in this instance and Butcher should be as mad at his player for doing something that could easily be misinterpreted as a red card offence.

• Advertisement

Butcher moaning about it and questioning refereeing standards. However refereeing standards in Scotland are shocking and probably the worst in Western Europe IMO! Are Celtic playing their game in hand against Killie this midweek coming?
    Dont want to be a spoilsport, but scottish refs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NR-CDSTKRo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Just saw the highlights.

First goal was a great move. Would remind you of the stuff we were playing last season. Credit to Forrest and Hooper.

Fair play to Stokesey. He's the main man for us at the minute.

Also big result with them dropping points. Heard the half time score but still thought they'd sneak it, was happy out hearing it stayed the same.

Good week for the bhoys. We could be 4 points behind next week with them to play their game in hand. Would be a big change from being 12 off.

Dont want to be a spoilsport, but scottish refs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NR-CDSTKRo
    That's absolutely fcuking shocking! But then again it doesn't surprise me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Stokes is still only 23, hopefully he has gone through his still young and wanting to take over the world phase,

Nobody can question he is on fire, just hope he can keep it up, even with the attitude he has always been a player i'd like to do well.

We are playing Dunfermline this Wednesday night.

The player didnt make it easy for the referee in this instance and Butcher should be as mad at his player for doing something that could easily be misinterpreted as a red card offence.
    Don't know what got it into my head that we were playing Killie? Well another 3 points is the aim,they have to keep winning regardless of any slip ups from rangers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement