Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcripts

Options
  • 18-06-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey everyone,

Just want to know when students who finished their degrees in UCD receive the official transcripts containing degree results? I have to send mine for a MA application.

Any help would be great.

Buena Suerte

Mr. BA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You won't get a transcript without applying for one. You will get a statement of results.

For transcripts, see this link. I'd advise you to fill out the form and bring it to the student desk. There won't be a long queue at this time of year (check the opening times however!)

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/studentdesk/index.html?show=transcripts

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mr.BA

I thought that when you complete your degree you get results posted to your home?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Dear Student,

This email is a follow-up reminder to an email sent to you in April 2011.

Now that the Semester 2 (2010/11) provisional examination results have been released and the final results will be issued no later than 5pm on 20 June 2011, this message is intended for students who potentially will complete their programme this summer.

Commencing from the current academic session, completing students will now be issued with a full UCD ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT (all years of your study) rather than their most recent stage and semester?s results, overall GPA and overall award.

The academic transcript will be posted to the student's permanent home address within 15 working days of the final examination results being released. Individual requests submitted to the Student Desk can take up to 14 working days to process at this time of the year so you are advised not to request one as a transcript will be posted to you just as quickly.

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that the permanent address under your Personal Information in SISWeb is correct. If it has changed you must update it immediately as this is the address that will be used for postage. If you do not do this and subsequently request a transcript you will be charged the standard fee of EURO22 for two originals which also includes the cost of postage.

Any Academic Transcript request received from 11 July 2011 onwards is subject to the normal application process and fee of EURO22 for two originals.

An academic transcript is an extremely valuable document. It is vital, therefore, that you take great care of it. It is recommended that, when applying to employers or other educational institutions, you send photocopies only with your application. If they insist on you sending an original, you should ensure that it is returned to you.

Since 14 February 2011, the UCD academic transcript is being printed on secure paper. This is in line with best international practice. This paper has a range of security features. For further information please visit http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/studentdesk/index.html?show=docsecurity.

For further information on the academic transcript, please visit: www.ucd.ie/studentdesk.

Yours faithfully,

Catherine O?Brien,
    Student Desk Manager,
    Administrative Services,
    UCD Registry

From an email sent to your UCD connect on June 9th

That is different but good to see. When I worked in transcripts, they weren't automatically sent out, instead the statement of results was sent out.

Mr.BA wrote: »
    I thought that when you complete your degree you get results posted to your home?

Like I say above, they used to send out the statement of results. Which is different to a transcript.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Physics Girl

Anyone know anything about getting PhD transcripts?

Understand undergrad & taught postgrad transcripts since you have to sit exams but PhD (in Ireland) is earned after thesis submission and successful viva voce exam ... I'm applying for a US postdoc residency so maybe its different there since they include courses and structure PhD's ... any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I got my transcripts in the post there last week, didn't ask for them, they were just given to me

I got my transcripts in the post there last week, didn't ask for them, they were just given to me
    That's what they said will happen from now on in the above email.

That's what they said will happen from now on in the above email.

TL;DR

TL;DR
    A thousand admin staff are now banging their heads against a table :pac:

• Advertisement

A thousand admin staff are now banging their heads against a table :pac:

I'm very impressed with this 'secure' paper they print it on. Didn't realise paper could be so . . . 'hi-tech'!

I'm very impressed with this 'secure' paper they print it on. Didn't realise paper could be so . . . 'hi-tech'!

Paper is very hi-tech these days :p

Advertisement