Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Mancini's position will surely come in to question now with the owners after the last month. He'll do very well to get another season.

Things not looking good for him now...cant help feel that players arent playing for him now..... he could be removed whether it be the correct thing to do or not, thats another debate.....his chances of another season are 50/50 at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

karma_ wrote: »
    Whatever is said about Balotelli after this, Joe Hart has cost us more points than anyone this season.
    i think you have that wrong way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Been asking myself the same question the last couple of years - how on earth does Gareth Barry get a game at City?
    Slow, limited passing range and offers very little else. Awful player in my eyes, on massive money.

How does he manage to weave his way into the starting 11?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

So Mourinho it is then .

There is a great defensive core already in place for his style .

Anyone else wanna see him at the club ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Crap finish to a good season. Don't what happened but we have been a shadow of the team we were earlier in the season. I'm not even sure we bottled it, we've been poor since January.

I don't want to be thinking of a new manager. We've been very good at times this season and we should finish second with more points than last year. I'm a bit concerned with how bad we've been in the second half of the season but Mancini deserves at least another season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I'm a through and through united fan... but have to say to get rid of Mancini would be a massive mistake. I think he's a great manager and making the most of a what is actually an unbelievably sh*t squad for the amount of money spent on it. CM'ers.. Barry, Toure, Nasri, De Jong as the best money can buy :D!
    Purely on the basis of competition in the premier league, I hope he stays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Whatever is said about Balotelli after this, Joe Hart has cost us more points than anyone this season.

Wow.. i really hope thats not an indicative reflective opinion of city fans... best keeper in the premier league by a f*cking mile!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Guessing it's some weird attempt at humour since he plays in goals? It can't be a serious opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Whatever happened to Hargreaves ? I seem to remember he scored in a league cup game in the Autumn I think. Remember the sky sports sunday supplement journos were already talking about euro 2012 for him after the 1 goal :pac:

Did he get injured again or just not recover his form to threaten a place ? Was it a one year deal or will he be there next season too ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Giruilla wrote: »

Wow.. i really hope thats not an indicative reflective opinion of city fans... best keeper in the premier league by a f*cking mile!!!

Did MATCH! magazine tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Such a disappointing, disheartening end to a season that promised so much. I am a staunch Mancini defender, but he really is a very hard man to figure out with the things he comes out with. I would say he can be very hard to like as a player playing under him also, but that didn't seem to matter for much of the season.

When things started going tits up, I always thought he would stay in the job for next season unless the end of the season is a complete embarrassment. Its about finishing on some kind of high now, go on a decent run, take that into next season. They have 71 points now, finished on 71 points last season. 6 games to go, they can still show progress has been made (albeit it some would say not enough).

At this moment in time I say stick with him, a few tweaks/additions upfront/in defense and we will get there. However if they completely capitulate and don't try and get results over the next games, more in fighting etc I think it will be the end.

Ideally summertime I would like to see Dzeko/Tevez/Mario gone, a couple more reliable strikers signed, and 2 decent center backs to cover for Vinny/Lescott (they showed how much they were missed yesterday, would have lost by far more without them). Really good chance again next year, as long as they learn from this and don't let it haunt them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its a bit of a sickener alright but i have felt worse things supporting this club

We will be back again and again untill we win it

i have to say i think Lescott has been under rated this season so far, I think he has been brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

you bought 2 known trouble makers and paid good money for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Baloteli is not a world class player and probably never will be, and I don't think he's even in Tevez league.

Why Mancini bought him in the first place raises questions over his judgement.

Suspending Tevez for 6 months and saying he would never play again for him was foolish, and possibly cost City the title.

I still think Mancini has a lot to learn as a manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

you bought 2 known trouble makers and paid good money for them!

Ahem.......Well at least they got us a few goals along the way unlike some players at other clubs I could mention!!;)

Ahem.......Well at least they got us a few goals along the way unlike some players at other clubs I could mention!!;)

I'm aware of that ;), I'm just saying that the club will look at those two players and how they have impacted on the club with negative headlines and how the manager handled them

I'm aware of that ;), I'm just saying that the club will look at those two players and how they have impacted on the club with negative headlines and how the manager handled them

I know...I'm only messing with ya!!
    Feeling a bit defensive these days, ya know....:D

I know...I'm only messing with ya!!
    Feeling a bit defensive these days, ya know....:D

I'd still swap ya Tevez for Torres!

(or would I? - tough call!)

I'd still swap ya Tevez for Torres!

(or would I? - tough call!)

Haha, hold up there while i get Roberto on the phone!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Balotelli will face no action over that tackle on Song .

Aye, just saw that now!!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/April/Mario-Balotelli-FA-ban-news
    The FA has declared that there will be no further action against Mario Balotelli beyond the red card he received against Arsenal last Sunday.
    The full statement from the FA reads:
    "Retrospective action in relation to the incident involving Mario Balotelli of Manchester City and Alex Song of Arsenal, which occurred in the 20th minute of Sunday’s game, will not be taken.
    "Where at least one of the officials has seen the coming together of players retrospective action is not taken, regardless of whether they have seen the full extent of the challenge.
    "Retrospective action can only be taken in scenarios where none of the Match Officials saw the players coming together. The normal scenarios in which retrospective action is taken are for ‘off the ball’ incidents.
    "Retrospective action was introduced for off the ball incidents where there was no contest for possession and could not be deemed to be re-refereeing an incident.
    "In agreement with FIFA, this is how ‘not seen’ incidents are dealt with retrospectively in England. It is a policy that is agreed with all football stakeholders."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That is an absolute disgrace. I wonder whether Song or Arsenal can take a civil action against Ballotelli ? He should not be allowed to get away with such reckless behaviour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

greendom wrote: »
    That is an absolute disgrace. I wonder whether Song or Arsenal can take a civil action against Ballotelli ? He should not be allowed to get away with such reckless behaviour

:pac:

:pac:

yes a foul that could end a player's career gives me a good old laugh too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

So, the FA are saying that the Match officials did see the incident and just didnt care?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    So, the FA are saying that the Match officials did see the incident and just didnt care?

I think they are saying this:
    Where at least one of the officials has seen the coming together of players retrospective action is not taken, regardless of whether they have seen the full extent of the challenge.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Wahey :) Damn right. G'wan Super Mario!

Wahey :) Damn right. G'wan Super Mario!

Absolutely g'wan and feck off back to Italy !

• Advertisement

It's nice to see all these knowledgeable opposition fans dropping in here to enlighten us clueless City fans with there fantastic insight into why City didn't win the league and whats wrong with our players, managers an club in general.

I thank you.

But why not bring these insights up in a dedicated thread to trolling rather than clogging up this thread? Or maybe just crawl back under the rock you hid under when you thought City were going to win the league.

45 years next year, and it will be the year of the No.45. I for one hope Mario is going nowhere because I love watching him play.

2 years ago we were fighting for 4th, and missed out. Last year we were fighting for 4th, and got automatic qualification. This year we were challenging for the title, and finish 2nd pushing Utd to possibly a record point score in the premiership. Not a bad bit of progress in 3 years. Next year? If this trend continues, it will be another record point score for the premiership!

It's nice to see all these knowledgeable opposition fans dropping in here to enlighten us clueless City fans with there fantastic insight into why City didn't win the league and whats wrong with our players, managers an club in general.

I thank you.

But why not bring these insights up in a dedicated thread to trolling rather than clogging up this thread? Or maybe just crawl back under the rock you hid under when you thought City were going to win the league.

45 years next year, and it will be the year of the No.45. I for one hope Mario is going nowhere because I love watching him play.

2 years ago we were fighting for 4th, and missed out. Last year we were fighting for 4th, and got automatic qualification. This year we were challenging for the title, and finish 2nd pushing Utd to possibly a record point score in the premiership. Not a bad bit of progress in 3 years. Next year? If this trend continues, it will be another record point score for the premiership!

Agree with the rest of your post but not about Balotelli. He has too many games where he's more likely to cost us points than to win us some. When he's great he can cause the opposition lots of problems and even winds up defenders but when he's off form he gets wound up too easily and does something stupid. There's some rumours about the effect it has on other players too, resenting the special treatment he seems to get. It might be coming through with the way he's fighting with other players on the pitch recently.

i don't agree with those that seem to only watch our big games and make generalisations about him costing us the title. A lot of players have lost form recently but I don't think he contributes enough consistently enough.

He is entertaining but tbh I want a footballer not a comedian. He's still very young and if he stays I'm sure it will be because Mancini believes he can improve on the negatives aspects of his game, we'll see soon enough.

Have to win tonight, we need a decent run going into the derby. A good win tonight with something to build on going to Norwich and Wolves.

I know it may seem a negative view, but I'm nearly hoping we drop some points, or we don't and Utd do because I don't want the title decided on Derby day. If its just about pride on the day I can enjoy the game and will be able to go out in Manchester afterwards. If it's the day Utd win the title because of a draw/win the place will shut down and it won't be a nice atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good start tonight, cracking hit by Aguero.

Where is the Wigan Superthread when ya need to say THANKS!!:D

Might still be in it lads!!!:eek:

an even better end to the night!

First week in a long time that we have something to cheer about.

Now it's squeaky bum time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Great win. United look like they'll implode under the pressure.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    First week in a long time that we have something to cheer about.

Now it's squeaky bum time.

Hopefully it's their turn now to have a wobble like we did in the past few weeks and we can get back to scoring like we did before Xmas....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It was good to see us in 2011 mode tonight. Clichy, Nasri and Tevez were all excellent and Silva looked more like his old self (that finish was superb).

I still don't think United will slip up twice more than us but it would be super to have the gap at two points on Saturday afternoon.

This is going down to the last day of the season:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

3.jpeg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It was good to see us in 2011 mode tonight. Clichy, Nasri and Tevez were all excellent and Silva looked more like his old self (that finish was superb).

I still don't think United will slip up twice more than us but it would be super to have the gap at two points on Saturday afternoon.

Its completely possible.
    Beat them at Home and then a draw from them somewhere will do it
    Everton or Sunderland? More likely Sunderland
    I'd say your tricky one is Newcastle (apart from utd!)

Man Utd
    Man City Aston Villa (h)
    15/14 Apr
    Norwich (a)
    Everton (h)
    22 Apr
    Wolves (a)
    Man City (a)
    30 Apr
    Man Utd (h)
    Swansea (h)
    6 May
    Newcastle (a)
    Sun'land (a)
    13 May
    QPR (h)

Its completely possible.
    Beat them at Home and then a draw from them somewhere will do it
    Everton or Sunderland? More likely Sunderland
    I'd say your tricky one is Newcastle (apart from utd!)

It's possible...mathematically, but not realistically. You can put forward as many ifs and buts as you want. Utd have 3 home games left, and 2 tricky away games. City have 2 tricky away games, Norwich & Newcastle and one (possibly 2 depending on if QPR are still fighting) tricky home game against Utd. Even if City beat Utd at Eastlands, I can see Utd possibly dropping points at Sunderland but nowhere else. City will drop points at either Norwich or Newcastle so in all likeylihood Utd will win the title by at least 2 points.

5 points behind with 5 games is wishful thinking. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just needs a lot of luck to happen

It's possible...mathematically, but not realistically. You can put forward as many ifs and buts as you want. Utd have 3 home games left, and 2 tricky away games. City have 2 tricky away games, Norwich & Newcastle and one (possibly 2 depending on if QPR are still fighting) tricky home game against Utd. Even if City beat Utd at Eastlands, I can see Utd possibly dropping points at Sunderland but nowhere else. City will drop points at either Norwich or Newcastle so in all likeylihood Utd will win the title by at least 2 points.

5 points behind with 5 games is wishful thinking. Doesn't mean it can't happen, just needs a lot of luck to happen

True, but then last night with only 1 more game to play, who saw Wigan getting a win?! At least dont make it easy for them, make them have to go out and win their games, by winning yours!

• Advertisement

True, but then last night with only 1 more game to play, who saw Wigan getting a win?! At least dont make it easy for them, make them have to go out and win their games, by winning yours!

Don't get me wrong, I want to see an 89 pt finish! I think we should focus on that rather than what Utd do.

Plus delighted with the news that Mancini has backed uper Mario for the Derby. Can't wait for this now :D

Plus delighted with the news that Mancini has backed uper Mario for the Derby. Can't wait for this now :D

Where did you hear that?

Where did you hear that?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/April/Roberto-Mancini-comments-on-Man-City-versus-West-Brom-and-Premier-League-title-race

“Mario will be available for the United game and that is good,” he went on. “Carlos like Mario did a mistake but when someone apologises everything is finished.”

Also

"Yes, for the Manchester United game he will be ready," Mancini said.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/April/Roberto-Mancini-comments-on-Man-City-versus-West-Brom-and-Premier-League-title-race

“Mario will be available for the United game and that is good,” he went on. “Carlos like Mario did a mistake but when someone apologises everything is finished.”

Also

"Yes, for the Manchester United game he will be ready," Mancini said.

I think we should stick with last nights starting 11

I cannot see him staying on the pitch in that atmosphere and we really need 11 players on the pitch against the rags

I think we should stick with last nights starting 11

I cannot see him staying on the pitch in that atmosphere and we really need 11 players on the pitch against the rags

Mario has a great track record against Utd. I'd agree on the starting 11 because it was 4-4-2, by far our strongest formation. But who should play over Tevez/Mario? Based on match fitness, I'd go with Mario.

Tevez played some wonderful football last night but it was against poor oppositon. Apart from the ludacris kickouts in the Arsenal game, Mario was our most dangerous player (when we actually got the ball to him).

All in all I think it is a great decision to have, and regardless of who plays if it is one of them that scores the winner the stadium will explode!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement