Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

he looks ok here to me:

2cwts85.jpg[/quote]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Well, well, well!

Almost 24 hours later and it's finally sunk in, although I can still scarcely believe it, Champions!

In all my years of supporting this club, I honestly have to say I never thought, that in my lifetime we would lift another trophy. First the FA cup and now this, feels amazing and to think how far we have progressed in the last 4 years is incredible.

The match yesterday, I just haven't the words to describe that it, I thought 'typical city' had come back to bite us on the ass, then the most amazing end to a football match I've ever seen since the 1999 playoff against Gillingham, It was poetic almost to repeat the feat in that fashion, unbelievable stuff.

Loving the papers today, enjoy it fellow blues, I for one am glad the season is done and dusted and the curse put to bed, I need a break!

Finally... I thought before the season was over, that if we did win it, I would just delight in gloating to the united fans, but, you know what I really don't feel the need I'm just so damn happy.

Big thanks to all the rival fans offering the congrats, and even to those United fans who took it graciously, a hell of a way to lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

... I thought before the season was over, that if we did win it, I would just delight in gloating to the united fans, but, you know what I really don't feel the need I'm just so damn happy.

Same here Karma!!
    Everything still a bit of a blur here today:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

The parade is being streamed today on the club site. There's no time up yet but I was told it's on at 6.

Still in a bit of a daze today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    The parade is being streamed today on the club site. There's no time up yet but I was told it's on at 6.

Still in a bit of a daze today.

Albert Square will be open to the public from 4pm for all the pre-parade build-up and entertainment, on a non-ticketed, free, first come first served basis.
    The open-top bus will travel along the following route:

Pre-parade player Q&A in Albert Square: 6pm
    Albert Square: Parade start 6.30pm
    Princess Street: 6.30pm
    Portland Street: 6.45pm
    Deansgate: 7pm
    St Mary’s Gate: 7.30pm
    Corporation Street: 7.45pm

Route Map

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Lost in translation or maybe not...

As4MwVzCAAAGLSS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

darced wrote: »

Nah, just a bit tasteless.

Thought this was funny though....
    Tevez won't have had a clue what the banner read. You could've put an 'I blow for dough' sign in his hand & he'd have thrust it in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I cant believe its legit if it does turn out to be.

Surely they would have some kind of cop on and class to not allow one of there players to do something like that.

Wouldnt surprise me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

darced wrote: »

It is pretty classless to be fair if what we're seeing is exactly what it appears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

i think its disgraceful that tevez did this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I cant believe its legit if it does turn out to be.

Surely they would have some kind of cop on and class to not allow one of there players to do something like that.

Wouldnt surprise me though.

Seems to be legit been shown by a lot of people on twitter, and sky news has supposedly ran with it aswell

A bit on the tasteless side be alright if it was done by a fan, but by a fellow proffessional should know better and show more respect to one of the best managers in history Tevez as always showing they type of person he is, and this is coming from an Arsenal fan.

Congrats to City on the title victory though.

kdm-pitchfork-746527.jpg

Pitchforks!

BREAK THEM OUT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

love it tevez :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Desperate attempt to maintain his cover after yesterdays performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

CSF wrote: »
    It is pretty classless to be fair if what we're seeing is exactly what it appears.

Not really, it's in jest. 'Can City be top dogs?' was a question posed to Ferguson to which he replied "Not in my lifetime". It's a reference to that. I think it's poor form given that he used to work for United under Ferguson but there's no malice in it. I'd imagine they didn't have the best relationship after Tevez left so Tevez wanted a laugh at Fergie's expense. Obviously taking it at face value of RIP Ferguson makes it look bad but it's just a reference to a smart comment Fergie made - he left himself open to a bit of ridicule for the comment so he'll have to take it on the chin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

What a finale - I am still on a high. I thought that nothing would compare to the Gillingham play-off final but yesterday surpassed that. Great to see the tearm of 1968 involved at the end. I'm also reminded of all those great players who lined out over the years; the ones that I cheered on through the bad times. Dennis Tueart, Paul Power, Kevin Reeves, Steve MacKenzie, Andy Hinchcliffe, Paul Lake, Neil McNab, Gordon Smith, David Oldfield, David White, Paul Walsh, Imre Varadi....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

jive wrote: »
    Not really, it's in jest. 'Can City be top dogs?' was a question posed to Ferguson to which he replied "Not in my lifetime". It's a reference to that. I think it's poor form given that he used to work for United under Ferguson but there's no malice in it. I'd imagine they didn't have the best relationship after Tevez left so Tevez wanted a laugh at Fergie's expense. Obviously taking it at face value of RIP Ferguson makes it look bad but it's just a reference to a smart comment Fergie made - he left himself open to a bit of ridicule for the comment so he'll have to take it on the chin :P

Nah its still classless and out of line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Apologies issued. Please lets focus back on how amazing it all was yesterday. STILL smiling.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/rip-fergie-tevez-produces-controversial-banner-451174-May2012/?utm_source=shortlink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You've done it now City!! This thread will forever more be infiltrated with Utd fans. This is just the beginning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Apparently Micah missed the equaliser because he was in the dressing room throwing up due to disappointment. Managed to rush back out to see the winner.

Also Kompany did his calf and was struggling the whole second half but didn't tell Mancini because he didn't want to come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Apparently Micah missed the equaliser because he was in the dressing room throwing up due to disappointment. Managed to rush back out to see the winner.

Also Kompany did his calf and was struggling the whole second half but didn't tell Mancini because he didn't want to come off.

Such a big fan of Kompany but surely that's a bit of a stupid move? He was well beaten for the 2nd QPR goal and playing on secretly with an injury is a seriously risky move.

Kompany....... What a legend!!!!:)

Got sent this by a United fan and had to laugh -

As4mhdKCIAAL_4L.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

9l3tav

Shocking thing to do, he really is an absolute idiot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/14/sergio-aguero-champions-manchester-city
    "It's all about City now, not United,"

Good lad Kun :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well done City, it was an epic finish and really exciting.
    It helped that I had a season long bet with a friend, I had City and he had United. :)
    So I was cheering you on nearly every game of the season.

So RVP's agent confirms he was a guest of City at a home game recently. Would love it if we signed him, love it.

(And Hazard)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So RVP's agent confirms he was a guest of City at a home game recently. Would love it if we signed him, love it.

(And Hazard)

Y'know, as an Arsenal fan, I think I'd rather he went to City than Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

If City get Hazard I'd actually have to start liking them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Apparently Fergie called his wife after the game on Sunday to tell her to rent a movie as he won't be watching match of the day that night.

When he got home he found that she rented 'gone in 60 seconds'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

(And Hazard)

RVP.....dont know he is a bit of risk, injury wise.
    Many believe that hazard is a done deal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Still slightly hungover

that was up there with my kids being born:D

karma_ wrote: »

Finally... I thought before the season was over, that if we did win it, I would just delight in gloating to the united fans, but, you know what I really don't feel the need I'm just so damn happy.

Big thanks to all the rival fans offering the congrats, and even to those United fans who took it graciously, a hell of a way to lose it.

well said.:)

I think RVP is brilliant, but at the same time I don't think he would fit right with City. I really hope he signs with Arsenal on Friday and he stays in the Premiership. If we do get Hazard, it will be interesting to see where he is deployed. He is a No.10 rather than a winger, and it is a winger that we need. That and a CB and we are a complete team, that will be the team to beat next year.

Looking forward to next year already, with Arsenal strengthening (fully fit) with Podolski and possibly M'Vila. Chelsea and Utd will spend big too. Can see Liverpool imroving as well as it wouldn't take much. Spurs to slip a bit, especially if Chelsea take their CL place. August is too far away!

Spent a while last night making a set of photo's that captured the game for me, if anyone wants a look:

Champions12_Sketch
    Champions12_Crayon
    Champions12_Oil

Same photos, different effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anyone else watching Sergio's goal over and over again:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

I'm sure i'll grow tired of it soon. but in the meantime - YES :D

• Advertisement

Let's not forget to give big Edin some love, his goal set the whole thing up, plus it's impossible not to like him, he appears to be smiling 95% of the time.

so far today i've seen city linked with (strikers alone);

Imbrahimovic
    Cavani
    Llorente
    Van Persie
    Giovinco

... and in slow motion ...

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/May/Sergio-Aguero-title-winning-goal-and-reaction-in-slow-motion#.T7UnTrcm0us.google

balotelli........augero aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Watching it again on the citytv replay, I'm even more impressed with Kompany's run to give Balotelli the room to play the ball into Augero. And I love the way Augero only had one thing on his mind as soon as the ball came back to him. He could have easily went down for the penalty under the new 'contact' rule. Quality striker! Quality finish! Quality way to win a title!

I'm 38 now and the only problem I have is that I wasn't younger so that I'd have many more years possible to watch the last 5 mins of that match over and over and over again!!!:D

Best.Day.Ever.....................even though I was as hungover as hell watching it as I'd been on the tear for the 2 days prior after finishing 4th yr final exams:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I've had minimal internet time in the last few days due to losing my phone on Sunday in all the celebrations!

Still can't believe it,I haven't had kids yet or been married so Sunday was the best day of my life,only recovering now!

We love making it hard on ourselves,but I wouldnt have it any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Great article here from a City fan, I imagine it sums up how alot of City fans felt as the "impending doom" rained upon us for 93 minutes!

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7936771/manchester-city-manchester-united-epl-shocking-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

karma_ wrote: »
    Let's not forget to give big Edin some love, his goal set the whole thing up, plus it's impossible not to like him, he appears to be smiling 95% of the time.

Yeah, took his goal really well. Looks like he'll be the (mostly) unsung hero of the piece. Bit of a Kevin Horlock to Kun's Paul Dickov.

• Advertisement

the media are saying that RVP wont sign a new contract now. Is he following the well trodden path north?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement