Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

• 18-06-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Everton. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

After 6 years we get a new thread :pac:

Roll on the new season and hopefully Kenwright winning the euromillions so Moysie can buy some decent players. Top class centre forward badly needed and a replacement for Pienaar would be nice too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

eh i dunno wrote: »

Enjoy it;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Following today's reported noises from Fellaini about wanting to see where the club are after next season before deciding whether he wants to stay, it's sounding like he's gonna do a Pienaar.

I say sell. And sell NOW!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Following today's reported noises from Fellaini about wanting to see where the club are after next season before deciding whether he wants to stay, it's sounding like he's gonna do a Pienaar.

I say sell. And sell NOW!

I agree. Never really rated him as highly as some Everton fans. Get £20m and buy 2/3 players. Injury prone and always likely to get sent off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I'd only sell Fellaini for some sum over £26m. In the periods before his two major injuries, he was playing as well as any player we've had in a decade and a half (I'm thinking back to Kanchelskis).

If Rodwell progresses this coming season (assuming he remains in the DM role) then we can cash in on Fellaini, but Rodwell's full potential is an increasingly open question, he had a lot of very poor performances indeed this season.

• Advertisement

Columbia wrote: »
    I'd only sell Fellaini for some sum over £26m. In the periods before his two major injuries, he was playing as well as any player we've had in a decade and a half (I'm thinking back to Kanchelskis).

If Rodwell progresses this coming season (assuming he remains in the DM role) then we can cash in on Fellaini, but Rodwell's full potential is an increasingly open question, he had a lot of very poor performances indeed this season.

I agree on your appraisal of Fellaini but we simply cannot afford to let his transfer value decrease before he goes, which it will after this summer unless he signs. If if does Sign, that's fair enough. But he better do it quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

As much as I dislike the idea, if he wont put pen to paper, cash in on him. Pienaar situation can't be allowed to happen again. Would disgust me tho, MoFro is the best all round midfielder we've had in my time as an Evertonian. If we sell him, I think it's best to sell him in January. By then he'll be playing regularly, and some big team might be desperate to add quality to team mid season. We could get more money then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Sell Fellani he isnt worth whatever we get and destroys any shape. Him and Cahill cant play in same midfield

Sell Fellani he isnt worth whatever we get .He destroys any shape. Him and Cahill cant play in same midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Last year it was Fellanis dad making these comments. He has had 2 bad injuries since joint Everton so I hope this is just usual paper crap.

When he is on form he is probably out best midfielder IMHO.
    Last year I watched him a few times when at the game and see his off the ball workrate was really good.

The league game against Chelsea in London was 1 game in particular he was immense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Last year it was Fellanis dad making these comments. He has had 2 bad injuries since joint Everton so I hope this is just usual paper crap.

When he is on form he is probably out best midfielder IMHO.
    Last year I watched him a few times when at the game and see his off the ball workrate was really good.

The league game against Chelsea in London was 1 game in particular he was immense.

i love watch him play...he is a give and go type of player...always looking for the right pass and then always trying to get into position to receive the ball back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Not sure if it has been posted yet, but this looks like the new Everton home kit for next season.

I have to say, it looks class with the old school collar. Will defo be buying this one!

http://jangguts-epl.blogspot.com/2011/04/everton-new-home-away-kits-201112.html

7.jpg

33.jpg

Collar !!!!!!!!!! at last

a Collar at last !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Hi. I'm new here. Been a blue since the 84/85 season. So yeah, I'm a glory hunter :D Not a fan of Kenwright's but think he does his best for the club, he's just a clueless businessman as far as football is concerned.

I also think the new seasons jersey is sweet. Might have to pick one of them up if I get to Goodison next season.

Good to have you on this thread mate :)

As far as Kenwrong goes, he's cocked up too many times for my liking. The King's Dock and NTL fiascos in particular leave a bitter taste in my mouth

New jersey looks class...will pick it up asap.

Welcome Lumbo and feel free to bitch and moan like the rest of us :D

Anyone else getting sick of us linked to shoite players....Bothroyd and Wes Brown?? Surely we can do better than them 2

I'm keeping tabs of all the names on the nsno forum. 35 so far.

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,12426.0.html
    Below is the list of players that have been linked with a move to Everton since the start of the summer.

Jay Bothroyd
    Michael Owen
    Miroslav Klose
    Joey Barton
    Charles N'Zogbia
    Guy Moussi
    Gervinho
    Kieran Westwood
    Steven Defour
    Shane Long
    Bruno Ecuele Manga
    Demba Ba
    Scott Dann
    Kevin de Bruyne
    David Vaughan
    Charlie Adam
    Gary Taylor-Fletcher
    Craig Mackail-Smith
    DJ Campbell
    Wes Brown
    Danny Welbeck
    Sebastian Larsson
    Yannick Djalo
    Gary Woods
    Georginio Wijnaldum
    Jelle Vossen
    Dedryck Boyata
    Neil Taylor
    Shaun Wright-Phillips
    Sergio Canales
    Nicolas N'Koulou
    Chris Eagles
    Rasmus Elm
    Craig Bellamy
    Takashi Usami

Total so far: 35

I just want N'Zogbia, then hold on to what we've got. I'll settle for that

Would take Westwood on a free. Decent keeper and good back up for Howard cus i reckon Mucha will leave.

Surprised we aren't linked with Rod Fanni. We always get linked with him every transfer window .lol

• Advertisement

Surprised we aren't linked with Rod Fanni. We always get linked with him every transfer window .lol

Think we have enough Fanni's with Bily and Victor :eek:

Big Vic to Stoke is doing the rounds on Twitter. I don't think I've ever wanted a rumour to be true so much in my llife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Roll on the new season and hopefully Kenwright winning the euromillions so Moysie can buy some decent players. Top class centre forward badly needed and a replacement for Pienaar would be nice too.

my original one served up a feast of toffee banter...

I hope Moyes wins the euro millions this summer :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Guys, yer youth team is playing Singapore on Eurosport at the moment and one of your players is wearing a swimming cap?

what's the story with that do ye know?

mars bar wrote: »
    Guys, yer youth team is playing Singapore on Eurosport at the moment and one of your players is wearing a swimming cap?

is it just the case that he's bald?? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

is it just the case that he's bald?? :D

Well, I couldn't really tell coz he had the cap on! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

just ordered new goalie jersey, stalking the postman waited for its arrival.

delighted moyes is staying put, could do some shiny pennys to spread the love tho

Isnt a pain in the ass that we cant just walk down to lifestyle and buy an Everton jersey? This lark of ordering online and paying about 80 quid for a jersey is surely putting alot of fans off buying jerseys :mad:

Yeah the exclusivity deal makes no logical sense to me :(

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »

Quick guaranteed money up front from kitbag made sense to the board though !
    What fans want/need isn't taken into consideration really.

Now the Jags to Arsenal stories begin. It's almost de ja vu every summer with Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Isnt a pain in the ass that we cant just walk down to lifestyle and buy an Everton jersey? This lark of ordering online and paying about 80 quid for a jersey is surely putting alot of fans off buying jerseys :mad:

I got laughed out of lifestyle last september looking for an everton schoolbag, gotta admit i was pretty insulted, add salt to the wound my son was with me I felt like decking the sales guy, Cant understand why they stock villa, spurs other clubs that arent top 4 and not everton ones.
    I dont mind buying of the everton site and paying proper price for an adults size buy peeves me that a childs jersey is 32 (sterling) :mad::eek:

http://bestway4you.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_34&products_id=107&zenid=9c187c995121b0926ef2de83d78d25aa

I used it for the 09/10 kit, its had a little bit of loose thread on the badge but other then that it was perfect. Came with all the tags. Seems they are rejected by the Quality control process, but they are genuine, not fake and not fraud.

I got the 3rd kit as a Xmas present an when I opened it I noticed the crest was missing ! This from the official website !

Took till June this year to get a new jersey sent out.

This crowd are slow with delivery but well worth it. I'ma get it with either Osman or Baines on the back.

• Advertisement

mars bar wrote: »

The kid was protecting an injury with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Howard put in an embarrassing performance in the Gold Cup final last night. Seemed to be freaking out at his defence, but he was as bad as anyone on the day.

He then further embarrassed himself by launching a foul-mouthed attack on the tournament's organisation in a post-match interview.

Hopefully we can attribute the performance to summer holidays.

it's all about the money.. feck the customer.

I haven't bought a shirt in the past few seasons as i generally like to try on a couple of different sizes... So much difference between medium, large, XL etc in kits these days, that you need to try them on.. online doesn't offer that facility unfortunately, so it seems you have to wait until a trip to Goodison to get a jersey. pain in the ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

it's all about the money.. feck the customer.

I haven't bought a shirt in the past few seasons as i generally like to try on a couple of different sizes... So much difference between medium, large, XL etc in kits these days, that you need to try them on.. online doesn't offer that facility unfortunately, so it seems you have to wait until a trip to Goodison to get a jersey. pain in the ass!
    I buy every Everton shirt each season. Agree that its stupid that Everton stuff is only available to buy direct from Everton . surely they'd make more if they were available in sports shops worldwide

To tell ye the truth, I'm happier to buy my shirt direct from Everton and have a greater slice of my money go to the club. I think the new home shirt is available to order from the club shop next week innit? I might give the away one a miss. Hate it! Might buy a goalkeepers jersey instead. I don't bother with the training gear and stuff very much anymore cos the quality is just awful since they left Umbro!

• Advertisement

The article about how we'll be relegated in 5 years?
    I read that article earlier today.
    I read one saying pretty much the same thing 5 years ago.
    I also read one 5 years before that.
    And another 5 years before that.
    No doubt I'll read another one in 2016!

Whenever I'm feeling good about being an Everton fan I've a quick read of Toffeeweb to bring me back down to earth. Wasn't it a lad called Tony Marsh who wrote the most depressing articles about the club? He'd also got a major problem with Osman.

While you can never question an Evertonians dedication, the love of conspiracy theories on some of the forums is laughable at times.

On a separate note, was over at Glasto at the weekend. Saw more Everton jersey's then any other team as well as about 5 flags.

Lumbo wrote: »
    On a separate note, was over at Glasto at the weekend. Saw more Everton jersey's then any other team as well as about 5 flags.

I know a group of about 10-15 that go from Liverpool every year all Everton fans of course.:)

Next on the newspapers rumour list is Baines going to Man City or some other club.

If we believed all Newspaper rumours at this stage we would have sold most of the team !

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Next on the newspapers rumour list is Baines going to Man City or some other club.

If we believed all Newspaper rumours at this stage we would have sold most of the team !
    Saw that myself. We need to keep Baines by far our best player. Granted we have to sell to buy. Id rather see Rodwell and Fellaini be sold than Baines

I have a feeling Bellamy will end up at Everton and possibly anothr Man City player.

If we do sell Baines, I'd want top dollar and not some of City's cast off's. He's decent (best in the Premiership last season IMO), English & still has 3/4 years left on his contract.

Saying that it's paper talk (Jags is going to Arsenal as well). I'll believe it when I see it.

Also heard Cahill going to Arsenal too today !

Sky Sports just said City are closing in on a deal for Clichy. Maybe they want to sign him so they can do a swap with us :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement