Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Everton are well used to fellaini, piennear, arteta crap now.

move to a big club by all means

no gurantee you will actually WIN anything tho..

If the clock was turned back to last January and Pienaar had a chance to re-sign for us again knowing he'd play every game, or alternatively go ahead and sign for Spurs knowing he wouldn't play much up to now or probably into the future but got paid more, which would he decide to do now?

My bet would be firmly on him still joining Spurs! If it was really about winning stuff, he'd have been more keen on Chelsea than he was!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wasnt pretty but we werent far off doing a job on City. The referee didnt do us any favours either. Hope the Cahill injury aint too serious. Shocking play by Drenthe for the second goal. Distin was motm for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

how did cahill get booked for that guy trying to apmutate his lower leg?

dont think yer man even got booked, i think the sheiks had a nice three figure sum on the ref to act nice to them.

Derby week...normally nervous but think we'll do them but we have to attack them. That Pool defence is dodgy imo. Cahill probably out so i'd start with
    Howard
    Hibbert Jags Distin Baines
    Coleman Rodwell Fellaini Drenthe
    Osman
    Saha

Bench...Mucha Neville Heitinga Bily Gueye Vellios Stracq

pool are no great shakes, we should go for the jugglar.

im far more worried about some unnamed pool players waving imaginary cards to the ref than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

im far more worried about some unnamed pool players waving imaginary cards to the ref than anything else.

Why would that worry you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Cahill probably out so i'd start with
    Howard
    Hibbert Jags Distin Baines
    Coleman Rodwell Fellaini Drenthe
    Osman
    Saha

Bench...Mucha Neville Heitinga Bily Gueye Vellios Stracq

you'd play hibbert at right back in front of Phil Neville:confused:

hibbert is brutal

BERBA wrote: »
    you'd play hibbert at right back in front of Phil Neville:confused:

hibbert is brutal

Think you'll find alot of Everton fans opting for Hibbert ahead of Neville.

if there is one player in a blue shirt who would give 200% in a derby its hibbert, he might not have the swagger of the 200grand a week city players but he wont hesitate to get stuck in.

I dont think hibbert playing would be much of a hinderance, he has vast experience of this type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Not looking forward to tomorrows derby game ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

from a united fan i hope ye take those ******* tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I really want Moyes to start a striker tomorrow. It's getting embarrassing at this stage.

I really want Moyes to start a striker tomorrow. It's getting embarrassing at this stage.

lets see what he comes up with.. :p

Disgraceful decision costs us the derby....why do we always get robbed against them?

Disgraceful decision costs us the derby....why do we always get robbed against them?

When does it get to the point where it's happened so many times, people are gonna say these are not accidental bad decisions? Does the world of physics and the simple law of averages cease to exist on a football pitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Atkinson made a shocking decision to send the Greek off at Anfield a couple of seasons ago & we were able to see out the game & get a draw. It's frustrating when it happens, but cut out the selective amnesia.

Also, Hibbert probably should have got his marching orders anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hard luck to Everton . Was scandalous sending off, but Liverpool normally get those..

Ye still need buy few do ye think?

Yet again ye were robbed in a derby. The refs have a nasty habit of doing ye in these games. The one a few years back when Gerrard changed Clattenburgs mind to get Hibbert sent off and Kuyt getting off when he tackled Phil Nevile waist high and the late penalty he didnt give. The Rodwell decision was one of the worst I ve seen and completely changed the game because 11v11 ye were better than them.

Hard luck to Everton . Was scandalous sending off, but Liverpool normally get those..

LOL :D

And we wont even mention Gerrards assault on Naysmith when no card was given or Poll blowing for full time as the ball was rolling into an empty net. That shower must have some refs on the payroll. Clattenberg was never given another match at Goodison after he robbed us either. Wonderful recovery by the that cheating biter Suarez too after minimal contact after Rodwell had won the ball.

• Advertisement

And we wont even mention Gerrards assault on Naysmith when no card was given or Poll blowing for full time as the ball was rolling into an empty net. That shower must have some refs on the payroll. Clattenberg was never given another match at Goodison after he robbed us either. Wonderful recovery by the that cheating biter Suarez too after minimal contact after Rodwell had won the ball.

What about Hibberts shocking tackle? Or Cahills?

C'mon, selective memory?

And I agree, Rodwell's was no red.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What about Hibberts shocking tackle? Or Cahills?

C'mon, selective memory?

And I agree, Rodwell's was no red.

Hibberts was a yellow but if you look at Cahills tackle from the opposite angle you will see both players studs meet at waist height. Looks bad from the original angle but from the opposite side its not a bad tackle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mr Alan wrote: »
    LOL :D

;)

ya see even ye agree

Hibberts was a yellow but if you look at Cahills tackle from the opposite angle you will see both players studs meet at waist height. Looks bad from the original angle but from the opposite side its not a bad tackle

Hibberst was a red imo. Pundits called it as a red too.

Cahills could have been a red too tbf.

Hibberst was a red imo. Pundits called it as a red too.

Cahills could have been a red too tbf.

Cant agree with you on Cahills tbf. Watched the game with a neutral who's watched football for over 50 years and he didnt think it was a foul either when seen from the opposite angle. When you see it you will agree

Cant agree with you on Cahills tbf. Watched the game with a neutral who's watched football for over 50 years and he didnt think it was a foul either when seen from the opposite angle. When you see it you will agree
    there was minimal contact and both players had their boot raised to the same height, it was a matter of who got their first. If Cahill got a red for that you would have to give Adam a red for intent because he was as high. Looked bad but from the reverse angle there was nothing in it

Fair enough.

Atkinson made a shocking decision to send the Greek off at Anfield a couple of seasons ago & we were able to see out the game & get a draw. It's frustrating when it happens, but cut out the selective amnesia.

Also, Hibbert probably should have got his marching orders anyway.

Yeah I remember that shocking decision to send Kyriakos off alright. The one where Fellaini was accused of faking the injury. He was out injured for 7 or 8 months after it. Must have faked that too!

Hibberts was never a red either and I haven't seen one pundit or even Liverpool official backing you up on that.

Selective amnesia indeed!

Fellaini getting injured is entirely irrelevant. It shouldn't have been a red card. Similar to today. I'm not sure if people are for real taking about bribed officials & incidents from nearly a decade ago? :confused:

• Advertisement

Fellaini getting injured is entirely irrelevant. It shouldn't have been a red card. Similar to today. I'm not sure if people are for real taking about bribed officials & incidents from nearly a decade ago? :confused:

It's not irrelevant because it proves Kyriakos got him and he certainly did not get the ball. There may be a list of stuff from a decade ago but it's interesting that Liverpool don't have a list of grievences over all those years. It's not because you're too big to stoop that low in case that's the idea you're trying to put accross. It's because the grieviences don't exist!

I wouldn't personally go with the view that officials are bribed by clubs. But I certainly do believe they are intentionally sent out to favour certain teams not just at club level. I've believed it since the 1990 World Cup and the belief gets justified every week. I can't even comprehend how any reasonably minded person can see it as otherwise - unless they're supporting or involved in one of these clubs. There's nobody as blind as those who WON'T see. It's seen every week. We also got it last week against Man City where half our team got booked in a game that didn't have one dirty tackle other than one by Kompany who should have saw red but didn't even get booked. I already know it will happen again in our upcoming 2 games against Chelsea and 1 against Man Utd where every disputable big decision will go against us. I'll bring this post up again at the end of the month to show you.

11 league penalty's conceded by Man Utd at Old Trafford in the 19+ year history of the Premier League. None in the last 4 and a half years to anyone other than Liverpool. I bet the stats are higher but similar enough at Anfield, Stamford Bridge and Highbury\Emirates. It's true that these clubs dominate games at home, but there's still a stone wall penalty turned down at one of these grounds every other week. The term "Fergie Time" is even a widely used term nowadays for the ridiculous amount of injury time added on at the end of EVERY game Man Utd are not winning. And still people WON'T see!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Absolutely shocking decision the send Rodwell off. And Suarez is simply another one of a long line of cheats that are infesting the premiership.

Absolutely shocking decision the send Rodwell off. And Suarez is simply another one of a long line of cheats that are infesting the premiership.

How did he cheat?

How did he cheat?
    Rolling around like he was shot after mimimal contact to get Rodwell sent off and then 30 seconds later he was grand. He has previous too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

There is a problem with the way Everton approach the derby. It means TOO much to you, and your players always seem to to be too highly strung. You lack composure. We do occasionally as well, but Everton over the last few seasons seem to have been particularly furious. Yesterday, Rodwell was very unfortunate to go, but you just can't react to a bad decision by behaving like Fellaini, Hibbert and Cahill did and you could easily have finished the game with 7 or 8 players if Atkinson had been consistent. Which would then screw you for your next few games. Controlled aggression is good, but once you cross the line you end up really hurting yourselves.

The derby is an important game, no doubt but until Everton get back to treating it like a three pointer rather than a cup final, this kind of thing will continue to happen.

There is a problem with the way Everton approach the derby. It means TOO much to you, and your players always seem to to be too highly strung. You lack composure. We do occasionally as well, but Everton over the last few seasons seem to have been particularly furious. Yesterday, Rodwell was very unfortunate to go, but you just can't react to a bad decision by behaving like Fellaini, Hibbert and Cahill did and you could easily have finished the game with 7 or 8 players if Atkinson had been consistent. Which would then screw you for your next few games. Controlled aggression is good, but once you cross the line you end up really hurting yourselves.

The derby is an important game, no doubt but until Everton get back to treating it like a three pointer rather than a cup final, this kind of thing will continue to happen.
    bit on the condescending side dont you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

n32 wrote: »

He's on the wind up in all the threads. Classic wind up method is the whole "It's a cup final for you" :rolleyes: How many clubs supporters throw that one out?

n32 wrote: »

It's not even that it's condescending. The entire post is rubbish even if it wasn't also pompous ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Will the 3 points be rescinded as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭xxtattyberxx

Lumbo wrote: »

Carlsberg dont do rematches :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

He's on the wind up in all the threads. Classic wind up method is the whole "It's a cup final for you" :rolleyes: How many clubs supporters throw that one out?

You can say the same to him when they play the Champions in a few weeks.;)

flahavaj wrote: »

Won't be conversing with him again. He was making accusations that Everton fans were making chants about Hillsbourgh on Saturday. I've never seen that happening in the 25 years I've been going to Goodison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Won't be conversing with him again. He was making accusations that Everton fans were making chants about Hillsbourgh on Saturday. I've never seen that happening in the 25 years I've been going to Goodison.

He was not wrong on that, but it was a tiny tiny amount of idiots that were at it last Saturday, probably a dozen or less, and it has happened before, at Goodison and at Anfield.

But as I said in the Liverpool superthread, the vast majority of Everton fans never do anything like that and Everton supporters are very good at policing that kind of idiot.

Everton actually did fairly well with ten men, and as much as I relished the result on Saturday (especially after our spineless display at Goodison last season), I would never knock their players for being so obviously up for a derby game. Personally I love seeing players up for the derby as the best derby wins, imho anyway, are the ones where the other team gives their all and your team still wins. Would imagine most Everton supporters would get the same sort of satisfaction if they watched a Liverpool team come out and give everything against Everton but still lose.

Sorry to disappoint ya Fla, but for me, and many others, the games against Everton are the bigger games :)

Losing to Everton hurts a hell of a lot more than losing to United.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint ya Fla, but for me, and many others, the games against Everton are the bigger games :)

Losing to Everton hurts a hell of a lot more than losing to United.

For many others, including the majority who post here its the other way round.

For many others, including the majority who post here its the other way round.

Try telling that to the majority of supporters, Red or Blue, that were inside Goodison on Saturday.:p

Kess73 wrote: »
    Try telling that to the majority of supporters, Red or Blue, that were inside Goodison on Saturday.:p

Ask them again next week, or have a look at the match thread. ;)

For you average Liverpool fan over here I'd say the United game is bigger. Obviously locals will see it differently.

No. Because you were going to lose either way.

No. Because you were going to lose either way.

You're right. 12 men against 11 was never going to be easy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement