Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ask them again next week, or have a look at the match thread. ;)

For you average Liverpool fan over here I'd say the United game is bigger. Obviously locals will see it differently.

I'm an average Liverpool fan who now lives in Ireland. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kess73 wrote: »
    I'm an average Liverpool fan who now lives in Ireland. :p

You have delusions of averageness.:pac:

You have delusions of averageness.:pac:

True that. I often wonder what it must like to be average, but have never managed to fall to blaa levels. :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Kess73 wrote: »
    True that. I often wonder what it must like to be average, but have never managed to fall to blaa levels. :D:pac:

You're looking upwards rather than downwards at it since you moved to Limerick I'm afraid.;)

You're looking upwards rather than downwards at it since you moved to Limerick I'm afraid.;)

Cannot say that I am not trying hard to experience all things average, what with my move here, and talking to you on here on a regular basis. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I wonder how Arteta moved without a medical?

Or was there a super 1 hour medical done in Goodison yesterday?

I knew it ! :D:P

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Arsena-bought-Mikel-Arteta-for-10m-without-conducting-a-medical-claims-the-player-article808805.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Martin Atkinson is the ref for this weekends Premiership game with Stoke and Fulham this weekend :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Finally back after my 1 week ban from the soccer forum :D

Still dont agree that a mod who is a Liverpool fan should be allowed ban an Everton fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Finally back after my 1 week ban from the soccer forum :D

Still dont agree that a mod who is a Liverpool fan should be allowed ban an Everton fan
    You thought the FA was bad :p

• Advertisement

This thread goes seriously quiet at times. What we expecting today lads? 6 games undefeated against Chelsea. Would take a draw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Any streams for the game ?

Long season ahead lads. Did anyone notice Fellaini turn his back rather than jump with Terry for the second goal? Sell him quick and try get the 15m back for him which wont be easy

Team looks stale at present. Dark days :(

Voltwad wrote: »
    Team looks stale at present. Dark days :(

Stale because they know the squad is so light its unlikely any of them will get dropped. Fulham A Chelsea H and Man U H means we could go another 3 games without winning :mad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg6QUQIEROjfAqaPRfYVG4N61nEtvr5la3lgaLiEO1RhpU6LB0Cg

A new low :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg6QUQIEROjfAqaPRfYVG4N61nEtvr5la3lgaLiEO1RhpU6LB0Cg

A new low :mad:

Pardon my ignorance but who's that?

SickBoy wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but who's that?

James McFadden who is set to resign for Everton. 50 goals in 11 seasons :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

James McFadden who is set to resign for Everton. 50 goals in 11 seasons :mad:

Looks like a mate of mine in an Everton jersey :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I think I just got a little bit sick in my mouth :(

Never rated him when he was there before and still dont.

He is a Scottish McGeady or should I say he is an older McGeady since he McGeady is Scottish?

He's only training at Finch Farm, nothing confirmed yet (fingers crossed). Hopefully he goes to Celtic. They think he's Pele up there after the goal he scored against France.

Still though, his goal against Charlton for us is one of my favorite Everton goals ever.

Edit: It's been confirmed on the main site.

• Advertisement

What next lads? Davie Weir? Kevin Kilbane? This is a new low and were in a scrap to stay up in my opinon. 14/1 to go down. That will fall after we lose our next 2

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/oct/18/duncan-ferguson-everton-youth-coach

Better news than Jimmy Mac returning...future manager???

1 up at half time. Badly need a win here. Great goal by Royston:D

3-1 win...great win. Zamora's miss was unreal tho at 1-1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Really needed that win today.

Really pissed off with Fellaini. He's not interested in Everton anymore. He's waiting for his move.

I'm a bit nervous about the next league game after Man Utd's hammering. We could really get a backlash from that. And the fact that Johnny Evans won't play is a blow to us too!

First tho, another game against Chelsea. They got a bit of a false scoreline against us last week so we owe them one. It'll be tougher than the FA Cup last season, but we can do it! I reckon Chelsea will put out a very strong team!

http://www.chelseafc.com/matchreport/20110921/chelsea-fulham-_2249014_61070

That was Chelseas team in the last round so i expect similar and Cole is suspended.

Never rated Fellaini and just hope we get 15m in jan for him. Lazy and a liability. One dragback against Bellamy made some everton fans think he was a legend. He's not and has he ever broke into a sweat on the pitch?

Confirmed Everton XI v Chelsea: Mucha; Neville Heitinga Distin Baines; Bilyaletdinov Fellaini Rodwell Drenthe; Cahill; Saha #EFC

Confirmed Chelsea XI v Everton: Turnbull; Ivanovic Alex Luiz Bertrand; McEachran Romeu Malouda; Anelka Lukaku Kalou

I fancy us to win

Why bother? :mad:

BTW Drenthe was a ****ing clown getting sent off like he did.

Really pissed off after that. No shame losing to Chelsea but that feels like a kick in the teeth after we'd put them under so much pressure.

Not overly upset with that as I thought we were the better team. We actually played football for the first time this season and were unlucky not to get the goal with Baines's free kick. Just did not have enough quality to break them down

• Advertisement

Watch this space as BK would say.

It's hard to be optimistic about anything at the moment but hopefully this has legs.

The nightmare season continues :mad:

I'm not an Everton fan but would like to ask an Everton supporter's opinion on something. A friend of mine is a fan and for Christmas I was going to purchase a DVD season review for him. I had planned to get the 2004-2005 one because I believe it was Everton's most successful Premier League season.

My question is would you be insulted getting a season review from so long ago? You could look at it as if I'm saying the current team is awful. If you do think it a good and appropriate present do you know where I can pick it up new?

I'm not an Everton fan but would like to ask an Everton supporter's opinion on something. A friend of mine is a fan and for Christmas I was going to purchase a DVD season review for him. I had planned to get the 2004-2005 one because I believe it was Everton's most successful Premier League season.

My question is would you be insulted getting a season review from so long ago? You could look at it as if I'm saying the current team is awful. If you do think it a good and appropriate present do you know where I can pick it up new?

Not a great present to be honest. I'd watch it if i got it but wouldnt be getting too excited about it. Go with this instead for a tenner
    http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6736195/Everton-FC-Duncan-Ferguson/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=duncan+ferguson&urlrefer=search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I'm starting to get my hopes up about all this takeover business. It doesn't seem to be going way which is promising.

Apparently Keith Harris was on SSN and said that the club has been valued at 150m. This is ridiculous given we've been asset stripped and the amount of debt that exists. No one in their right mind would pay that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Voltwad wrote: »
    Apparently Keith Harris was on SSN and said that the club has been valued at 150m. This is ridiculous given we've been asset stripped and the amount of debt that exists. No one in their right mind would pay that.

the report put the figure in his mouth. he replied with your not far off the mark.

i think the figure must be closer to 100m...no way can it be 150-160

I'm starting to get my hopes up about all this takeover business. It doesn't seem to be going way which is promising.

Should go away once the next Blue Union protest is over next saturday. Its the way Bill rolls :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Marouane Fellaini signs a new deal as expected. Top player.

amiable wrote: »
    Marouane Fellaini signs a new deal as expected. Top player.

Was very pleased when I read that.

Still dont really rate Fellaini but glad he signed if only to ensure we can get a decent fee for him. Strange that Bill managed to agree a deal 2 days before the next protest march.

Must win game on sat though and i expect us to do the business.

Still dont really rate Fellaini

Really? I find that hard to understand. I would consider him the closest to world class that we have at the club. He's got a great engine, can compete with any other midfielder in the league and throws in the odd goal as well.

Baines has been our best player the last few seasons but Fellaini on top form is one of the best in the league.

No mention of Operation Goodison meltdown. Leaked email, Ian Ross suspended (according to NSNO) and a protest tomorrow. This stuff is better then Eastenders.

Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines, Fellaini, Osman, Cahill, Drenthe, Coleman, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Vellios, Gueye, Barkley, Mustafi, Stracqualursi

No Rodwell, Distin or Neville. Need 3 points badly today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Lumbo wrote: »
    No mention of Operation Goodison meltdown. Leaked email, Ian Ross suspended (according to NSNO) and a protest tomorrow. This stuff is better then Eastenders.

whats this about

Not pretty but 3 points and up to 12th with a game in hand. Bolton away next

Tried to post that the other night. It's some finish. Hopefully he's given enough time to settle in and get experience before the fans start demanding he's getting in the first team (he's only about 15 years old). Apparently, Spurs were very pissed off that we beat them for his signature. He's very highly rated already.

EVERTON XI v Bolton: Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Jagielka, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Osman, Fellaini, Coleman, Cahill, Saha
    Subs: Mucha, Vellios, Gueye, Barkley, Stracqualursi, Mustafi, McAleny

Thats one weak bench :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement