Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

RIP Gary Speed. Great player for Everton in the 90's. Sad sad news :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

So we face a leggy Stoke City @ 15:00 Sunday.
    I hope we can continue our form and string a 3rd win on the trot, not sure when we last achieve this to be honest :D
    Any fresh injury updates? I noticed Drenthe is a doubt for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

SickBoy wrote: »
    So we face a leggy Stoke City @ 15:00 Sunday.
    I hope we can continue our form and string a 3rd win on the trot, not sure when we last achieve this to be honest :D
    Any fresh injury updates? I noticed Drenthe is a doubt for the match.
    Rodwell , Distin and Neville are back anyway.

Is Vellios worth a start after his goal last weekend? I'd give him a run as Saha looked knackered last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is Vellios worth a start after his goal last weekend? I'd give him a run as Saha looked knackered last week

We need an alternative to Saha but the last game Vellios started he was muck.

Lumbo wrote: »
    We need an alternative to Saha but the last game Vellios started he was muck.

He was poor when he started against Fulham alright. Still worth another start though. 3 goals in 150 mins of premiership football this season is decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Howard, Hibbert, Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka, Fellaini, Osman, Bilyaletdinov, Coleman, Cahill, Vellios. Subs: Mucha, Neville, Rodwell, Distin, Stracqualursi, Gueye, Barkley

Saha not in the squad and Drenthe still out. Velios may well get the full 90

Vellios to score in a 1-0 win. Would love to see Cahill score though. A year is a long time without seeing that corner flag getting punched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

any streams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Very good stream for anyone looking for one:

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/20406/1/everton-vs-stoke-city--live-stream-online.html

Not really sure how Everton haven't had a penalty yet. There's been at least 2 certs from Shawcross pulling down Fellaini

• Advertisement

We were terrible today. Not helped by Moyes setting us up not to lose when we're already a goal behind.

Also, how the **** is Lee Mason allowed to ref in the Premier League?

Some of the referring decisions today were terrible. In saying that we did look a little toothless up front and only looked like scoring from a set piece.

Said it before lads..its gonna be a long season for us. We need cash to buy us a 15 goal a season striker. Yak has 9 league goals already :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Rodwell and Osman out tomorrow. Saha and Royston could be back. Hopefully RVP has a dodgy fry in the morning and cant play :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Bluetonic wrote: »

Was at the game, great tribute

I know you's are away tomorrow, but what sort of reaction do you think Arteta will get?

tommyhaas wrote: »
    Was at the game, great tribute

I know you's are away tomorrow, but what sort of reaction do you think Arteta will get?

Would imagine he'd get a great reception tbh. Great player for 6 years and never looked to leave us. Hope he wins a trophy at Arsenal

Would imagine he'd get a great reception tbh. Great player for 6 years and never looked to leave us. Hope he wins a trophy at Arsenal

Yea he deserves it tbf, great player. I know most (rightly) don't hold a grudge against him anyway

Everton V Norwich is on Setanta this saturday at 3pm folks

• Advertisement

Everton V Norwich is on Setanta this saturday at 3pm folks

Didn't watch the game V Arsenal. First time in a long time that I haven't bothered. Didn't even watch the highlights.

Didn't watch the game V Arsenal. First time in a long time that I haven't bothered. Didn't even watch the highlights.

Couldnt watch the game and like you i couldnt be bothered with highlights...2 games without a shot on goal :(

landondonovan Landon Donovan
    Once a Toffee, always a Toffee

Landons twitter just now...coming back?????

landondonovan Landon Donovan
    Once a Toffee, always a Toffee

Landons twitter just now...coming back?????

I thought that sort of phrase in relation to Everton traditionally meant ''Off to United shortly'' :pac:

Something needs to happen to kick start our season and Landon might just be that. There's no point waiting around saying "We usually wait till Christmas to get going". If something doesn't change soon we're going to be staring a relegation battle square in the face!

We need Donavon and a decent striker to get us 10 goals in the last 20 games to lift morale and kick us into the top half of the table. Fuuck knows who we'll get though :(

• Advertisement

I'm delighted!
    The season begins here!!!! :D

Barkley signs up til 2016 http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/12/16/blues-secure-barkley-deal

Just give us a striker and i might start believing in Santa :D

Barkley signs up til 2016 http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/12/16/blues-secure-barkley-deal

Just give us a striker and i might start believing in Santa :D

You reckon Moyes will start playing him more frequently now?

You reckon Moyes will start playing him more frequently now?

Hopefully. Now that he's signed up we cant lose him on the cheap which means he might get more games. A midfield of Donavon, Rodwell, Fellaini, Drenthe and Barkley just ahead is pretty decent

• Advertisement

Hopefully. Now that he's signed up we cant lose him on the cheap which means he might get more games. A midfield of Donavon, Rodwell, Fellaini, Drenthe and Barkley just ahead is pretty decent

That's a decent midfield tbf, however I still think they'll struggle for goals. Donavon, while a decent player isn't going to get the goals you's need to push on, though at least for your sake he should limit Billy's chances of getting a look in. What about Cahill, where do you see him playing? I still think you's really need an out and out striker

Is Drenthe's contract at Real up at the end of the season? He's looked really impressive so far, I would have thought that that's something Moyes would want to tie up soon, given he can talk to anyone from January, otherwise he's essentially in the shop window

Usually there's something in the loan contract that gives the team taking the player on loan the option to buy said player. I hope this is the case with Drenthe.

Usually there's something in the loan contract that gives the team taking the player on loan the option to buy said player. I hope this is the case with Drenthe.

The fact that his contract with Real is up in the summer though means that from January, he can sign a pre-contract agreement with anyone outside Spain, and there's nothing that Real or Everton can do to prevent that, hence why I thought Moyes would be so keen to sign him up asap

The fact that his contract with Real is up in the summer though means that from January, he can sign a pre-contract agreement with anyone outside Spain, and there's nothing that Real or Everton can do to prevent that, hence why I thought Moyes would be so keen to sign him up asap

I'm no legal person but my understanding of it would be that until his loan period ends no one could sign him(pre-contract or otherwise) unless Everton explicitly state that they're not going to take up the option to sign once the loan deal ends.
    This is of course assuming the loan deal was with the option to permanently sign.

I'm no legal person but my understanding of it would be that until his loan period ends no one could sign him(pre-contract or otherwise) unless Everton explicitly state that they're not going to take up the option to sign once the loan deal ends.
    This is of course assuming the loan deal was with the option to permanently sign.

I don't see how it could, but again I'm open to correction. Under normal circumstances, a player can talk to any club abroad and sign a pre-contract agreement within 6 months of the end of his contract. Real would have no say in this, so I don't see how given the current circumstances, Real could have the authority to allow Everton veto it. Everton's option to sign him is largely meaningless, if they have one, because he'll be out of contract at Real once his loan is up, and so Real wouldn't be entitled to any money anyway

I heard somewhere that Everton took over his contract. He wont stay at Everton anyway. Cant blame him after watching that shoite today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I heard somewhere that Everton took over his contract. He wont stay at Everton anyway. Cant blame him after watching that shoite today.

Amen to that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »

They rate him at £5m. That's £5m more then I do.

Very disappointed that this didn't work out. He's a talent but it just doesn't work in a Moyes set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

so when kenwright says Moyes has money to spend in Jan its Sell to buy

• Advertisement

Washout wrote: »

That's just a cynical way of looking at it. Bily's looking for a regular football before the Euro's. Moyes won't provide it because Bily's been ****e. I can't remember at any point where, apart from scoring a goal, he's had a positve effect on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

That's just a cynical way of looking at it. Bily's looking for a regular football before the Euro's. Moyes won't provide it because Bily's been ****e. I can't remember at any point where, apart from scoring a goal, he's had a positve effect on the team.

I agree with you 100% about Bily an he needs to move on for sure but come January window i cant see us spending more than what we receive form the sale of players

I agree with you 100% about Bily an he needs to move on for sure but come January window i cant see us spending more than what we receive form the sale of players

Isn't most of the Arteta money apparently still there? I would have thought that if Billy goes, there'd be at least £15m available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Coleman wasn't in the squad against Norwich. Was he injured? How is he playing this season?

Coleman wasn't in the squad against Norwich. Was he injured? How is he playing this season?

Was injured. Thigh strain.

He hasn't been great this season. Could do with the rest.

Isn't most of the Arteta money apparently still there? I would have thought that if Billy goes, there'd be at least £15m available

Most of the money is going to the banks so "they don't kill us".

We might only have PEANUTS to spend ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    I now believe in Santa. Bar about 6 goals he's done nothing in 3 years
    Kenwright would say mass. Ignore what he says
    1.5m maybe. We have debts to pay. If we sell any more players we'll struggle to field a team in February
    I like Seamus but he is a bit of a one trick pony. Players seem to have sussed him out a bit ths year. Maybe worth a shot at right back when Donavon arrives but he has a lot to learn defensively.

Most of the money is going to the banks so "they don't kill us".

We might only have PEANUTS to spend ;)
    1.5m maybe. We have debts to pay. If we sell any more players we'll struggle to field a team in February

I thought Kenwright said recently that that money would be available? That couple with the Billy money was why I was guessing £15m. I know what Kenwright says and does are two different things though

If you listened to Kenwright we'd be in our 3rd world class stadium by now. The man is a spoofer. He doesn't know where £23m of our turnover goes every year. He's the greatest Evertonian on the planet though :confused:

• Advertisement

I thought Kenwright said recently that that money would be available? That couple with the Billy money was why I was guessing £15m. I know what Kenwright says and does are two different things though

It's very difficult to gauge what sort of money will be made available to Moyes. There's so many factors to consider, which include dithering Dave not liking to spend money in January, even the summer transfer window doesn't seem like long enough for him to make a decision on a transfer.

The clubs finances, as we all know, are still a mess. Despite the TV revenue going up and us selling Peanuts, Yak, Beckford, Vaughan, Arteta and now possibly Bily, the club still have over £40m of outstanding debt. I've read that the banks want 50% of this paid back in the next 5 years. The money can only be generated from player sales. Bellfield is sold and everything else is either mortgaged or leased. Wages are costing us 70% of turnover and there's no sign of this figure being reduced. When you're paying the likes of Victor £35k a week it's easy to see why (I do believe that Victor only got a new contract so that he didn't do a Gosling). We're going to be depending on our Academy for the foreseeable future. Bill doesn't want to sell without getting a huge return on his investment and the board aren't going to be putting anymore money in.

So, "watch this space".

Advertisement