Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Just posting so the thread will appear at the top of the forum list. It's been a long time since we were top of anything.

Lasted all of 4 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I hope Drenthe starts tonight, he made a big difference to the side when he came on V Norwich.
    If the best we can do against Norwich and Swansea in back to back home fixtures is 1 or 2 points we might as well give up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Lumbo wrote: »
    It's very difficult to gauge what sort of money will be made available to Moyes. There's so many factors to consider, which include dithering Dave not liking to spend money in January, even the summer transfer window doesn't seem like long enough for him to make a decision on a transfer.

The clubs finances, as we all know, are still a mess. Despite the TV revenue going up and us selling Peanuts, Yak, Beckford, Vaughan, Arteta and now possibly Bily, the club still have over £40m of outstanding debt. I've read that the banks want 50% of this paid back in the next 5 years. The money can only be generated from player sales. Bellfield is sold and everything else is either mortgaged or leased. Wages are costing us 70% of turnover and there's no sign of this figure being reduced. When you're paying the likes of Victor £35k a week it's easy to see why (I do believe that Victor only got a new contract so that he didn't do a Gosling). We're going to be depending on our Academy for the foreseeable future. Bill doesn't want to sell without getting a huge return on his investment and the board aren't going to be putting anymore money in.

So, "watch this space".

Do Everton have any stake in the houses there? I thought they were planning on being involved in the development there. The prices of them houses are unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Personally I think this lack of buying may benefit us in the future, we have some great youngsters like Barkley and McAlney coming through - although I'm surprised at Baxter's lack of progress, Moyes doesn't seem to have much faith in him - I would accept one/two seasons of mediocrity if it meant that we can blood our academy players.

On another note fully agree with what's been said about Billy, I had such high hopes for him but it makes sense to sell him if he wants first team football, he has flattered to decieve since he arrived, which is a shame. Hopefully Wolfsburg will get more out of him than we did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Personally I think this lack of buying may benefit us in the future, we have some great youngsters like Barkley and McAlney coming through - although I'm surprised at Baxter's lack of progress, Moyes doesn't seem to have much faith in him - I would accept one/two seasons of mediocrity if it meant that we can blood our academy players.

On another note fully agree with what's been said about Billy, I had such high hopes for him but it makes sense to sell him if he wants first team football, he has flattered to decieve since he arrived, which is a shame. Hopefully Wolfsburg will get more out of him than we did.

I dont see how it would benefit us in the future. If we dont start to buy players we'll end up in the championship. We cant keep selling 3/4 players a season and filling the squad with youngsters and loanees

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I dont see how it would benefit us in the future. If we dont start to buy players we'll end up in the championship. We cant keep selling 3/4 players a season and filling the squad with youngsters and loanees

Well I have faith in the players we have, all we really need is a striker, we are playing good football we just need someone to capatalise on the chances we are creating. Relegation is not something I fear.

Shocking match today but 3 much needed points. Big Victor returns with a goal. Happy new year lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Jesus Christ.

I've been out of the country so I haven't actually seen us play since September. I'm much better off, by the sounds of it.

The guy who plays in goal scored though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

It wasn't the 4-4-2 that didn't work, it was the Neville/Heitinga CM pairing. Moyes must shoulder some of the blame for this. Barkley could played centrally, Osman should have played centrally with Gueye out wide. We may be skint but we had better than what he put out tonight and this goes down as one of our poorest ever home league results.

We'll get relegated playing like that, plain and simple. All Everton Football Club can hope to do until investment is found is survive. Anything else is a bonus at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

We'd 3 injuries so we'd a bit of bad luck but overall that was terrible. Second half was the worst I've seen us play for a long time and we ain't been playing well this season.

Saha is finished. We should sell him while we can get something for him.

• Advertisement

That was shocking. Went 2-1 down and didnt even create a chance in the last 20. Saha, Neville are passengers. No money and no hope lads. Dark days for a once great club

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

where the hell is drenthe!?!?

saltie wrote: »
    where the hell is drenthe!?!?

Got the flu when he was ****ing some hooker.

Got the flu when he was ****ing some hooker.

No wonder it was kept quiet! :)

Attendance 29,561. Fans are voting with their feet. A club heading in one direction; DOWN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

vyl7ae.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

goal online yet ?

Voltwad wrote: »
    Attendance 29,561. Fans are voting with their feet. A club heading in one direction; DOWN

Will be about 25k at the next game. That game has put me off going over this season

Will be about 25k at the next game. That game has put me off going over this season

:rolleyes: Clutching at straws there lads. Everyone's skint that's why the attendance is low. No need to get the slit the wrists just yet. If we'd won, we'd have retained our position in the top half of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Everton looked a but Leggy? will Everton do much rotation this weekend can they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Apparently Jagielka left the stadium on crutches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Fair play to Howard for not celebrating too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Everton looked a but Leggy? will Everton do much rotation this weekend can they?

Might give a few younger players a go but hard to tell with the injuries that have happened in the last few weeks.

I could see Mucha, Barkley, Vellios, Victor and McFadden all getting a run out.

amiable wrote: »
    Apparently Jagielka left the stadium on crutches

Shane Duffy has been recalled from Scunthorp where he was on loan. Apparently it went well.

I thinks Jags could be out for a few weeks :mad:

On the plus side, that'll be Heitinga out of midfield :/

Voltwad wrote: »
    On the plus side, that'll be Heitinga out of midfield :/

I'm sure Moyes will find another centre half to play in there :(

• Advertisement

I'm sure Moyes will find another centre half to play in there :(
    Hence he's recalled Duffy :pac:

It seems I owe you an apology of some sort, after watching that s***e last night I am very worried, Saha was a passenger, Stracq..... seems to have the stamina of a day old giraffe and once again all our transfer money magically disappears - bad times at Goodison...

Reading some Everton sites today i dont think i've ever known such levels of despair. Skint with an idiot chairman who has sold every asset off the pitch and most on it and with a manager(who i once greatly respected) who seems to have lost the will(cant blame him) but persists with playing players out of position and not dropping his favourites. And finally the players. Some of them should hand back the wages for last nights "efforts". Neville and Saha are no longer fit to wear the jersey. Loved this guys rant on toffeeweb today ......

Totally pissed off with it all now. I've had a season ticket since I was 14 and I'm 49 this year, you do the math's or math for you Yanks ! The last 2/3 seasons have gotten progressively worse as the weeks go by. Last night I left the house at 6.15pm on a wet Wednesday night, 70 mile round trip from Pissing down Parbold, to Bastard Bickerstaffe, to Kunting Kirkby, to Cantril Far sorry Stockbridge ****ting Village, to pick up three other halfwit Evertonians to go to bollocking Barlow Street, to walk 1/2 a mile in pissing down bastard rain with force 6 wind blowing us hither and ****ing thither. To watch 14 overpaid, overhyped ****ing arseholes who couldn't give a flying **** about us soaking wet, wind swept plebs, as long as their getting their 30, 40, 50, and some cases, even ****ing more grand a WEEK. To get well beat by ****ing Bottom of the league Bolton, to walk back to the car in even stronger ****ing wind, drive back to Cantril sorry Stockbridge ****ting Village, back to Kunting Kirkby, back to Bastard Bickertaffe and finally at 20 past bastard 11 in the pm return back to Pissing down Parbold. Totally fed up, ****ing knackered, couldn't sleep thinking about the ****e I'd just witnessed. And then having to be up at half 6 in the am, to go to my 45 hour a week job where I'll have to work 2.6 YEARS to earn what Moyes earns in a ****ing week. And then the cheeky bastard Elstone will come out in March and say "get the early bird ticket or you'll have to pay an extra £150.00." Then after we've all ****ing Baaaed our way to the ticket office, like good little sheep, they'll sell Fellani the first chance they get and buy ****ing David Nugent or some other hapless wanker.

Well I warned my Grandson last night, unless Moyes pisses off and we get someone who might play some decent football, this is my last season. All told with the season ticket, cup match's, petrol money, parking, bet money etc I spend at least £800.00 a season on Everton, for what. Three half decent games a year, and another 9 months of ****ing heartbreak. Only my father in law pressured me into getting a ticket for Saturday there's no way I'd be going. £16.00 to watch Jan Mucha throw the ball into his own net for ****s sake, we must be ****ing mad.

Talk of Jagileka out for the season....anyone hear anything?

That rant is typical Everton fan. Blame Moyes and the players.

Moyes hasn't been given a penny in 2 years but still his fault. Until Kenwright finds an investor or replacement Everton are fcuked.

Kenwright too is happy for fans to think that it's all Moyes fault. Takes the pressure away from him.

I have decided not to go over and give any money to them this year in hope it shows a little protest.

I know that's only 4-5 games and nothing to them but it's also no merchandise for myself or nephews.

I think it's ridiculous to blame Moyes. He's well aware of what little resources he has at his disposal and that's pretty much why he has us set up to play the way we do, unattractive but ultimately hard to beat. Pretty much all of our defeats except Chelsea, City and L'pool (and we were unlucky to lose those latter two games) have been by the odd goal.

All we can hope for until investment comes our way is to survive. Moyes is a smart man and he knows this.

• Advertisement

Good article there.

Anyone fearing the worst today?
    Check out Kenwright here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c-BklwScNYs

Good article there.

Anyone fearing the worst today?
    Check out Kenwright here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c-BklwScNYs

Not a fan of Kenwright but the Blue Union are a bunch of tools. I know two people who sit on their weekly committee. Even they don't know what the Blue Unions objectives are.

There's people like Colm Fitzpatrick who always put together a well documented, factual argument, the rest are amateurs.

Edit: forgot to say, we'll either score 10 or lose. Line up is ****e.

Not a huge Blue Union fan but at least they are showing up Kenwright for the clown he is. At least there is no live feed of the game today. I've suffered enough this week :pac:

Not a huge Blue Union fan but at least they are showing up Kenwright for the clown he is. At least there is no live feed of the game today. I've suffered enough this week :pac:

There's the radio link for you. http://www.evertonfc.com/listenlive

• Advertisement

There's the radio link for you. http://www.evertonfc.com/listenlive

Listening already. Early goal was needed. Good to see Drenthe back on the bench. Hopefully we can get a few more but Victor and McFadden up front are hardly prolific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Listening already. Early goal was needed. Good to see Drenthe back on the bench. Hopefully we can get a few more but Victor and McFadden up front are hardly prolific

at least we won today but yet again no goal from a striker. that does my head in

Martin Atkinson will ref the Spurs game.
    Clattenburg will ref the Villa game.

:confused: ****in FA.

Martin Atkinson will ref the Spurs game.
    Clattenburg will ref the Villa game.

:confused: ****in FA.

The FA still afraid to send Clattenburg back to Goodison though 5 years after he robbed us.

Everyone enjoying the good work were doing so far in the transfer window :(

The FA still afraid to send Clattenburg back to Goodison though 5 years after he robbed us.

Everyone enjoying the good work were doing so far in the transfer window :(

Unless they tie a deal up Drenthe, I can't see us spending money in this transfer window. I think we're only allowed 4 loans in a season and we've had Drenthe, Dier and Donovan so there's not much scope their either.

Unless they tie a deal up Drenthe, I can't see us spending money in this transfer window. I think we're only allowed 4 loans in a season and we've had Drenthe, Dier and Donovan so there's not much scope their either.

Dont forget Straq :D

Dont forget Straq :D

**** :p Trying to find out if Eric Dier is included. He's in the reserves and might not be included in the 22 named for the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He doesn't need to be named on the 25 for the EPL, as he's u-21

Everton: Howard, Neville, Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini, Donovan, Cahill, Anichebe, Saha. Subs: Drenthe, Denis, Gueye, Vellios, Duffy, Mucha, McFadden.

Not expecting much :(

If we can keep them quiet for the first 20 minutes it'll be a big boost. Concede early and it could be Spurs v Wigan all over again

• Advertisement
Advertisement