Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Cheeky bid for Junior Hoilett would be my prefered option. He's out of contract soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lumbo wrote: »
    Who?

Southampton striker with 15 goals in 24 games this season. 29 though. Would prefer Rhodes from Huddersfield myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Voltwad wrote: »
    Saw a tweet linking us with Ricky Lambert :(

Luckily enough I think Lambert is too old, 30 next month, for Moyes to be spending any money on him. As we all know Moyes likes them young with the chance of a high resale value or free and damaged goods.
    Cheeky bid for Junior Hoilett would be my prefered option. He's out of contract soon.

Quality player, was a constant danger and ran us ragged on Saturday. Would be almost too good to be true if managed to sign him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Rumoured fee is 5m, so no, it will end up in BK's magic "investment fund"
    Several fees being floated around.

One fee I've seen a lot is 2.5 mill

Saw a tweet linking us with Ricky Lambert :(

Southampton are in a very strong financial position and going for promotion so I'd doubt they'd be willing to sell.
    They are trying to buy Gary Hooper at the moment.

He's out of contract soon but would still command a fee if his contract ran out.

He's also rumoured to prefer to get away from the North West of England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Kris Boyd is a free agent after terminating his contract due to not being paid by his club in Turkey. Maybe Moyes' Scottish connections could bring him to Everton?

SickBoy wrote: »
    Kris Boyd is a free agent after terminating his contract due to not being paid by his club in Turkey. Maybe Moyes' Scottish connections could bring him to Everton?

Not a bad shout. Didn't really do it when at Boro but give him a contract til end of season to prove himself and could be a win-win situation. Though if Jelavic leaves Rangers can see him going back there.

Couldnt cut it with Boro in the championship so i dont think he would add anything for us.

eh i dunno wrote: »

Couldnt cut it with Boro in the championship so i dont think he would add anything for us.
    Maybe he just wasn't getting the chances there? There's no doubt that we are creating chances, we're just lacking a cutting edge up front...

• Advertisement

jpjc05 wrote: »

Not a bad shout. Didn't really do it when at Boro but give him a contract til end of season to prove himself and could be a win-win situation. Though if Jelavic leaves Rangers can see him going back there.
    You could be right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

You could be right there.

Think Jelavic is definately leaving so Boyd could be a lost cause, wouldn't want him tbh, already too many passengers up front, would love to see us put a bid in for Mr. Morrison at Norwich though, think he is quality and probably attainable....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Talk on Twitter that we're looking at Francis Jeffers coming back.

Talk on Twitter that we're looking at Francis Jeffers coming back.

There is more chance of Dixie Dean playing for us again than Francis Jeffers

I fuuckin hope so :mad:

There is more chance of Dixie Dean playing for us again than Francis Jeffers

I fuuckin hope so :mad:

I was sure that him and Moyes had a big falling out the last time. He was ****e the last time he was back at the club on loan. Nothings changed. He's still ****e.

397964_306240206093300_100001219702299_960184_2098108188_n.jpg

Cheer up lads :D

397964_306240206093300_100001219702299_960184_2098108188_n.jpg

Cheer up lads :D

Love the 100% shooting accuracy!!

What we thinking for tomorrow lads? Wont be entertaining anyway so i'll take a 1-0 win :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

fox soccer are covering it due to the american connection, if not there would have been no stream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Nowso wrote: »
    fox soccer are covering it due to the american connection, if not there would have been no stream

why the hell is this match on a friday evening if its not on the box? makes absolutely no sense to me

Washout wrote: »
    why the hell is this match on a friday evening if its not on the box? makes absolutely no sense to me

Liverpool at home tomorrow and Everton have a midweek game next week so it was moved to Friday rather than Sunday

Kind of hoping Setanta will show it at the last minute like they did with Liverpool v Oldham in Rd 3.

Kind of hoping Setanta will show it at the last minute like they did with Liverpool v Oldham in Rd 3.

Was thinking this myself but there's a live Rugby match on Setanta Ireland and live American Football (I think) on Setanta Sports 1).

Can't see there being any change :(

Howard, Neville, Baines, Heitinga, Duffy, Fellaini, Gibson, Cahill, Donovan, Gueye, Stracqulaursi.

Hahnemann, Hibbert, Saha, Drenthe, Vellios, Anichebe, Baxter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

"Everton 2-1 Fulham"

What's that funny-looking symbol next to our name?

Columbia wrote: »
    "Everton 2-1 Fulham"

What's that funny-looking symbol next to our name?

Tony Hibberts number??

Jelavic linked to QPR now.

SSN saying Everton have bid

amiable wrote: »
    Jelavic linked to QPR now.

SSN saying Everton have bid

Would take him myself. We need a striker before tuesday.

Decent draw in the cup too. Could it be our year?

Would take him myself. We need a striker before tuesday.

Decent draw in the cup too. Could it be our year?

Not too sure myself about Jelavic. Scored sack fulls of goals in the SPL but so have the likes of Scott McDonald & Kenny Miller over the years. 2 goals in 17 at international level for Croatia might be a better indicator. Anyway as you say a striker or 2 are defo needed by Tuesday.

Great draw and wouldn't fear anyone left in the cup as well.

• Advertisement

English teams should always be wary of the "unstoppable" Scottish League strikers as they nearly always flop, and its not like we can afford to waste the little amount of funds that we have.

Jelavic fee agreed with Rangers. I won't hold my breath though.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7466986/Everton-agree-Jelavic-fee-
    Everton and Rangers have struck a deal for the transfer of striker Nikica Jelavic, according to Sky Sports sources.

The Croatian striker has been linked with a host of clubs this month following a series of impressive performances in the SPL during the first half of the season.

Ally McCoist has made it clear that he would prefer to keep Jelavic but the level of interest has been so great that it looks as though Gers may have been able to agree what they believe to be a good deal.

David Moyes dodged questions about his interest in the 26-year-old on Monday after it emerged that Everton had lodged a bid over the weekend.

It is now understood that the two clubs have reached an agreement over a fee, with the Toffees able to spend some money following the sale of Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Spartak Moscow.

He has still not finalised personal terms or undergone a medical, but Everton will be hoping to push through a deal before the 11pm deadline on Tuesday.

Was there any more word on Edson Buddle - he's disappeared like a fart in the wind....

Is there any truth to the rumor of Saha going to Spurs?

i think this one has legs...with pienaar coming back

He will be signing an 18 month deal at Spurs according to The Times as long as the Jelavic deal goes through

Washout wrote: »
    i think this one has legs...with pienaar coming back
    amiable wrote: »
    He will be signing an 18 month deal at Spurs according to The Times as long as the Jelavic deal goes through

:D

Pienaar on the bench for Spurs tonight. That could put that one to bed.

Howard, Neville, Baines, Hibbert, Heitinga, Fellaini, Gibson, Cahill, Donovan, Drenthe, Stracqulaursi

Howard, Neville, Baines, Hibbert, Heitinga, Fellaini, Gibson, Cahill, Donovan, Drenthe, Stracqulaursi

OMG. That's a ****ing terrible team selection.

COYB's

• Advertisement

OMG. That's a ****ing terrible team selection.

COYB's
    Does the team not pick itself these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hibbert CB Duffy must be gutted.

G'WAN GIBBO BOY :D

Best performance all season. Straq and Heitinga were class

I fúcking hate Everton

Every year I hear this sentiment from a City fan, and every year it's music to my ears :pac:

Dear Harry Redknapp - I hope you just saw Moyes interviewed. Dignified as ever. never talking about contracted players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

super day - great result - then Moyes has worked magic again in the transfers - delighted with transfers - welcome home Piennar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The team spirit which was usually with a Moyes Everton team was back last night which was great to see.
    Fans looked up for it too which was nice.

Hopefully its a good sign as the next few games are tough games.

Pictures from a previous protest show him wearing what looks like a ****e jersey. :rolleyes:

john-fowley-391717615.jpg

• Advertisement

Are Jelavic and Pienaar expected to go straight into the starting 11? Or will Moyes reward the performances of the team who beat City?

Advertisement