Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

SickBoy wrote: »
    Are Jelavic and Pienaar expected to go straight into the starting 11? Or will Moyes reward the performances of the team who beat City?
    Isn't it great to have dilemmas like this again? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Are Jelavic and Pienaar expected to go straight into the starting 11? Or will Moyes reward the performances of the team who beat City?

Pienaar knows Everton and Everton knows Pienaar. So I think he'll go straight into the team just like Donovan did second time.

Jelavic however might be a different story. I'm sure he'll play some part but whether he starts or comes off the bench could go either way. I hope he starts cos he needs to get on the scoresheet ASAP cos it can quickly become a monkey on his back and Wigan is the last really suspect defence we're up against for a while in the Prem!

As for comments I've seen in previous pages about Jelavic's quality. He has scored more goals in Scotland than the likes of Boyd, Miller etc. As for his Croatia record, he has actually only started 5 games and the fact that he even gets into a very decent squad like Croatia's is alot more than those players would achieve. You can only score against what's in front of you. So give him a chance. Besides, he seems to have a bit more to him than just been a goal scorer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

bensmithTimes Ben Smith
    Nikica Jelavic on for #EFC - fans start singing 'follow the Jelavic road' but no heart, courage, or Wizardry on show here ...

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

HT and brings Neville on for Cahill? wtf Moyes. Shocking game of football

• Advertisement

Anyone else fancy us to do Chelsea tomorrow?

Yep i cant see us losing anyways. Would have a better chance at night tho but still hope we can nick it 1-0

COYB. Great win today lads. Piennar back to his best and Stracq getting another goal. Think we could go all the way in the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

A cracking performance, Pienaar was outstanding, Straq was very good, an excellent and well earned result!!

Knowing us we'll lose to Blackpool next week :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Voltwad wrote: »

The game is live on Setanta Ireland.

Nah, I'm gonna stick a tenner on us to do the double :P

12/1 for the cup. Surely worth a tenner since Chelsea are favourites at 7/2 along with apology fc and both of them are average enough :pac:

Donovan's last game is next week :( Pienaar will also be cup tied.

Donovan's last game is next week :( Pienaar will also be cup tied.

That clown Drenthe has a bit of competition now that Pienaar is back. Could be a chance for him to prove himself.

Have to be impressed with Straq though. Jelavic has got his work cut out, 'The Firecracker' has really turned it around. his workrate alone lifts the crowd and the rest of the team. hats off to him, he could've gone into his shell, living in an alien country, the language barrier, hardly getting a sniff and the **** english weather. he's realised he's got a big chance to make a name for himself, and he's working his nuts off to make it.

Have to be impressed with Straq though. Jelavic has got his work cut out, 'The Firecracker' has really turned it around. his workrate alone lifts the crowd and the rest of the team. hats off to him, he could've gone into his shell, living in an alien country, the language barrier, hardly getting a sniff and the **** english weather. he's realised he's got a big chance to make a name for himself, and he's working his nuts off to make it.

Fully agree, wasn't too impressed when he first arrived but he has really improved, his performance against Chelski was brilliant, a constant pain in thier arse...

Feed the Straq and he will score. Would love a home draw against Brighton next :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Feed the Straq and he will score. Would love a home draw against Brighton next :pac:

Would love a home draw against Liverpool and knock them out. Nothing better then knocking them out of a cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Would like a home draw. I think any team left in the competition are manageable at home. Don't fancy the pool away at all at all but that's all I'd fear to be honest.

Drenthe looking very good today along with Straq. Drenthe stupidly gives away possession sometimes that's one thing that annoys me but he is one powerful player, has a great shot and is a free-kick magnet. I think Moyes fancies Pienaar more than Drenthe but, as he proved today, he can manage both wings so he could well crawl back onto the team whether on the left or right. Straq was also great.... he can sure hold up the ball well.

• Advertisement

Was chuffed to see Coleman back as well. He looked like he had never been gone! Hopefully with no game next weekend, we can get a few more back off the stretcher!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

I m looking for 2 tickets for the game v Arsenal on Patricks weekend. Whats the best way to get them? Not on sale on website yet

n32 wrote: »
    I m looking for 2 tickets for the game v Arsenal on Patricks weekend. Whats the best way to get them? Not on sale on website yet

That match is off mate.

Were playing Sunderland in the cup at home that weekend. Happy enough with the draw. Moyes has never lost to Sunderland as Everton manager in 14 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Were playing Sunderland in the cup at home that weekend. Happy enough with the draw. Moyes has never lost to Sunderland as Everton manager in 14 games

We've also never won at Goodison since 1996, and haven't actually beaten Everton at all since 2001.

Comfortable 2-0 win for Everton :mad:

M'ON has a a good record against us. That said, we've been drawn at home in every round so far. Maybe it's out year!

M'ON has a a good record against us. That said, we've been drawn at home in every round so far. Maybe it's out year!

Shhh, not too loudly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

That match is off mate.

OK so, same question different opposition!:pac:

n32 wrote: »
    OK so, same question different opposition!:pac:

That's the FA Cup game V Sunderland. Could be difficult enough but keep a daily look on the official site. FA Cup tickets usually go to season tickets holders first, then Evertonia card holders, people who have been to previous Cup games. All of this is dependent of demand. Once tickets are available, you should be able to purchase them through the box office with a credit card.

Just keep an eye out for obstructive views ;)

Lumbo wrote: »
    Just keep an eye out for obstructive views ;)

That's everywhere in the stadium at Goodison :pac:

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    That's everywhere in the stadium at Goodison :pac:

Only 6000 restrictive views. I've sat in some of them that aren't so bad. Still 6000 too many.

We need a nice oil baron to build us a new stadium.

We got well battered in the second half today against QPR which is very disappointing.

Really need Rodwell back for the busy run coming up cos I can't see us winning ANY of the upcoming games if we have Neville in centre midfield. We look so desperately toothless with that setup! And, not forgetting Pienaar is ineligible for the games against Tottenham and Sunderland! Worse again!

Good news today that Sessegnon will miss the 1/4 final match and Cattermole too.

Any notions how much the new Nike deal will be worth to us?

I'm sick of us being miles behind the likes of Aston Villa with these things when the ****ers never finish ahead of us!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Any notions how much the new Nike deal will be worth to us?

I'm sick of us being miles behind the likes of Aston Villa with these things when the ****ers never finish ahead of us!

Worth f all by the looks of things http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/03/08/everton-fc-agree-three-year-kit-deal-with-us-sportswear-giant-nike-100252-30488318/

Typical. And probably means we can only buy online still. I prefer LCS kits to Nike myself

Good news today that Sessegnon will miss the 1/4 final match and Cattermole too.

We're going to struggle big time without them.

Sessegnon is obviously our best and most important player, and Cattermole (despite the stuff that surrounds him) has been absolutely immense under O'Neill and is a huge part of our counter attacking style being so successful.

It was going to be a hard task to beat you anyway but without those two it becomes near impossible, especially considering our record against you over the last 15 years.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    We're going to struggle big time without them.

Sessegnon is obviously our best and most important player, and Cattermole (despite the stuff that surrounds him) has been absolutely immense under O'Neill and is a huge part of our counter attacking style being so successful.

It was going to be a hard task to beat you anyway but without those two it becomes near impossible, especially considering our record against you over the last 15 years.

look on the bright side. Ye're missing Titus Shambles aswell!

Seriously tho. With our severe lack of creativity without Pienaar being eligible and Donovan now gone, it's nowhere "near impossible" for ANYONE to beat us - or at least shut us out and take the tie back to The Stadium of Light anyway! All things considered,
    we'll be relying heavily on Drenthe who is a loose cannon nearly as likely to lose us the match as he is likely to win it for us! And we also have the Anfield derby during that week which could be factor too!

Good chance that Sunderland will now also be missing Bentner. He's very doubtful.

Need to get out of the derby without injuries or suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Going to my first Everton game on Tuesday and what a game for my first. Can't wait! :)

Going to my first Everton game on Tuesday and what a game for my first. Can't wait! :)

Why would you go there for your first Everton game? Last place i'd wanna be going to

Interesting little stat...on the league table of games since new year, Everton are 4th.

Liverpool are 19th!!!

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Interesting little stat...on the league table of games since new year, Everton are 4th.

Liverpool are 19th!!!

Forms goes out the window for these games.

Another few stats.

Moyes has 6 draws and 4 defeats at Anfield.

Liverpool have never beaten Everton in a weekday game under the floodlights at Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I wish Everton were playing a big team as they always play better against the big boys :pac:;)

Howard, Baines, Hibbo, Jags, Distin, Fellaini, Rodwell, Pienaar, Coleman, Strac, Anichebe Bad form resting players for a derby :mad:

Howard, Baines, Hibbo, Jags, Distin, Fellaini, Rodwell, Pienaar, Coleman, Strac, Anichebe Bad form resting players for a derby :mad:

Agree, completely understand bringing in Peanuts and Jags, Heitinga unlucky not to play, I like Vic and Straq but I don't think this is the right time to bring them back to the starting line-up...

Moyes has alot to answer for resting 6 players for a derby. Disgusted with him tonight

The players weren't much better, wasn't impressed with Rodwell, Coleman or Anichebe at all, if we don't beat Sunderland then Moyes deserves a good kick up the arse!! I can slightly see the logic in sacrificing a derby to go for the FA Cup (I can see it, but I don't like it) as it would guaruntee european football and is probably easier than finishing 5th.

Still, I'm gonna my jersey to work tomorrow, take all the s*** that comes my way and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

This was just posted in the bargain alerts forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056577046

roughly €20 delivered for any of the current jerseys, including long sleeved.

This was just posted in the bargain alerts forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056577046

roughly €20 delivered for any of the current jerseys, including long sleeved.

Cheers. Was only saying last night that I wanted that shirt before we change over to Nike. Probably the best shirt (with a collar :D) we've had in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I ordered the Home and 3rd just now. I hope the sizes are not on the tight side :o

This is my first and last post on the derby because I am really only thinking about Sunderland - and have really only been thinking about Sunderland since the Blackpool game!

I don't think the team selection last night was much different in terms of quality than what would normally be Moyes' first choice starting 11. People don't get to critisise the constant selection of the likes of Neville and Cahill all season and then act like their our savious when they're not selected and we lose. You can't have it both ways! Another "change" was Pienaar - which wasn't really a change coz the only reason he didn't start at the weekend was coz of inelligibility! That's half of our so-called "changes" from an unbeaten run.

Then Straq for Jelavic - How is that really a change for the unbeaten run when Jelavic only started one of the games in that run and Straq started the others. The other changes; Rodwell for Osman and Jags for Heitinga - Don't forget Johnny has already played 3 full games in a little over a week (he played 90 minutes for Holland at Wembley) and we still have another 3 games in the next 10 days - and then yet again if we go to a replay at Sunderland. Moyes said all along we would need them all during this spell! You'd swear it was actually Jags who was at fault for any of the goals and not players who were not "changes" from the "unbeaten run". With Rodwell, I was expecting Neville in midfield and was actually delighted not to see it!

In summary. I don't think the performance would have been one iota different if Moyes had picked the exact same starting 11 as what started against Spurs (less the Pienaar change as that wasn't really a change). The squads mind was/is clearly on Saturday and that is as it should be!

• Advertisement
Advertisement