Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking of picking up another jersey myself. 15 quid is decent and some cheap t shirts too. Already have the home jersey but reckon Nike year will give us pretty shiit jerseys tbh.

Still getting over last night. Shocking effort from the players. Hard to praise any of them after that but i expect them to bounce back with a win on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

SickBoy wrote: »
    This was just posted in the bargain alerts forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056577046

roughly €20 delivered for any of the current jerseys, including long sleeved.

Cheers for the head up - got myself personalised home shirt (£22) delighted with the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Cheers for the head up - got myself personalised home shirt (£22) delighted with the price

Missed out on this. Don't have my size left :(

Lumbo wrote: »
    Missed out on this. Don't have my size left :(

Really?? They had loads earlier. All 3 kits out in your size?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Really?? They had loads earlier. All 3 kits out in your size?

Only really want the home one. They'll probably sell them off at the end of the season. Just need to make sure I pick one up.

Lumbo wrote: »
    Only really want the home one. They'll probably sell them off at the end of the season. Just need to make sure I pick one up.

Already have the home but got the yellow one as it was cheap. They are large fitting tho. Wish they would reduce the shorts too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i watched the reserve derby last week and rodwell, jagielka andcloman looked rusty and were outplayed by liverpool reserves so not suprised at the derby. this Anichebe on the wing thing that Moyes playes to often never seems to work. .

Hopefully Nike will have decent jerseys and maybe a collar !!!
    there may still be a lack of availability of jerseys over here due to the Kitbag online deal.

i did find a couple of t shirts in sportsdirect in the ilac last month lol

Recieved my jerseys today, proper chuffed, got a nice fleece as well, delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Recieved my jerseys today, proper chuffed, got a nice fleece as well, delighted
    Mine arrived yesterday, just in time for casual Friday in work :D

• Advertisement

Got mine too. Happy enough with my bundle of gear. Still shiite that we cant buy in a normal sports shop over here though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Nice win and played well. Why cant we do that week in week out is beyond me.

Great performance today. Passed Swansea off the pitch. Gibson did well on his comeback. Hard to fault anyone today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Here's hoping Tuesday goes to plan. A Mersey semi-final would be epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Will be over in Liverpool for weekend on a stag, as a Liverpool fan I would normally go out to Anfield for a game however they are away, was thinking on going to the Everton v West Brom game instead, however with Stags you never can tell how mouldy hungover I will be on the Sat. Just wondering if its not sold out can you get tickets from the club on the day or not. Rather buy direct than through a tout.

Looking forward to see Seamie and Shane if I get the chance.

You should be able to get them on the morning no problem

• Advertisement

Get in get in get in da fuuck!!!! Wembley here we come. What a performance. Should have won by more. COYB

YES!! Wembley bound and I couldn't be happier. Fellaini and Ossie were unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Jelavic could be the real deal also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

im an arsenal fan but will be rooting for everton in the cup, really hope they do it. cant stand liverpool, spurs or chelsea but have always had soft spot for the toffees and moyes. hope he wins the cup for himself and the club. jelavic looks a great buy

Nike deal announced yesterday which should be a good investment for the club.
    They will be supplying the jersey for next few seasons.

• Advertisement

Hopefully they'll be available outside of the club stores this time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

just watching a mexican game pachuca v tijuana here late night.

And suddenly commentater says Segundo Castillo ! ! Lol there he is for pachuca. Still useless

Never thought i'd say it but very impressed with Gibson. 10 games played and undefeated. Top 7 in the league really starting to show their class now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Let him play in the cup semi so for that reason alone lol, were due a big game v the RS and couldnt think of a better place than at wembley.
    Heart says yes head says no.
    They were awful today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Depends what Gerrard turns up on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

Washout wrote: »
    Depends what Gerrard turns up on the day.

I actually think its more to do with Suarez. He's really there only creative threat at the moment. Fellaini and Gibson will be well able for Gerard!

Suarez has the fancy feet but not the ability to finish with one touch (like Mr. Jelavic), if we play like we did in our last three games we'll be fine - despite the last derby experience I'm actually pretty confident.

4-0 win today while resting a few lads, Baines, Cahill, Distin, Jelavic. Roll saturday :D Gone quiet in here. What team would everyone go with for the weekend?

Playing good football at the moment and all the squad getting a good run which is nice to see.

I bet it will be the same team that played Sunderland last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

I think Heitenga has to start on Saturday, he`s been excellent lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yeah Johnny H has been in great form recently. He really seems to love playing for Everton and has made that known to the fans....

I have a funny feeling that Everton will win on Saturday. I don't know why, I just think they are in a better place than Liverpool at the moment to score goals and keep it tight in midfield. Everton have had some really good up-tempo performances in the past few weeks. I haven't seen them like this in a while... hopefully it results in a win on saturday ;) COYB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

If Everton carry the form into this game and play well, we WILL win!!

I cant face losing this game. Its a must win. We are well overdue a win against this lot

After the 2 league games, it's definately our turn to get the breaks.

I'll say it again, if we show up, we can be the only winners! That's all it's gonna come down to. Who shows up and wants it most and who gets the breaks!

Devastated, completely devastated, but I refuse to blame Sylvain entirely, appreciated his apology to the fans at the end of the game, we didn't turn up for the second half, simple as really

Distin is a big man in every sense of the word. Apologised before he left the pitch. Apologised in his post match interview. Apologised again on Twitter

Most disappointed I've been as an Everton supporter since 1989. Disappointed in our performance in BOTH halves. They fact that they were even worse than us in the first half doesn't alter the fact that the only chance we created was a lucky bounce off Cahill combined with a Carragher cockup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't think you's gave Brad Jones any trouble at all. You's should really have put the ball into the box more and put him under pressure from the outset. He was a definite potential weaklink!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Really cracking atmoshere today. Tough luck on losing but it wasn't to be. The way ye were playing before today I really thought ye'd nick it.
    Finishing higher in the league - if ye do -might be some compensation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Coleman seems to have gone back alot lately. Don't think he'll make Trap's Euro squad now.

• Advertisement

Gutted but cant complain. That second half was a disgrace. Questions have to be asked of Moyes as he sat back in the hope of holding on to his lead. Was never going to work. Tough weekend to be a blue. Season over as i couldn't give a fuuck if we finish 7th or 10th :mad:

Finishing above Liverpool this season is not an achievement, it's a must considering thier awful form, but I'm with the fella above - the season is over, wait a few months and see who takes over from Moyes, I'm thinking Chris Houghton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Hi folks,

I've not seen Everton play much and I'm just wondering how well or badly D. Gibson has done since joining in Jan? Do fans consider him a good signing / is he improving with more regular football?

From general comments he seems to be doing ok

Hi folks,

I've not seen Everton play much and I'm just wondering how well or badly D. Gibson has done since joining in Jan? Do fans consider him a good signing / is he improving with more regular football?

From general comments he seems to be doing ok

Didnt want us to sign him but in fairness he hasn't done too bad. Was very poor yesterday though but so were the rest of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Just after waking up after a night shift and see we got a high score draw. WTF!! :D

• Advertisement

Almost makes up for last week. Great performance by the lads today. Second consecutive league game we've scored 4 in. Also the second consecutive game that Cahill didn't start. Coincidence?

Voltwad wrote: »
    Almost makes up for last week. Great performance by the lads today. Second consecutive league game we've scored 4 in. Also the second consecutive game that Cahill didn't start. Coincidence?

Harsh on Cahill. An Everton legend but time has caught up on him. Great game today and well deserved our point. Hopefully win our last 3 games and finish 7th

Fulham (h)
    Stoke (a)
    Wolves (a)
    Newcastle (h)

On this league form, we could win all 4 games. Fulham rarely trouble us at Goodison, Stoke are no great shakes at present, Wolves are Wolves and we were robbed by the Toon earlier in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Figure this might be the best place to ask.
    Need to find a home Mens Jersey, XL I think before Friday.
    Most shops don't stock it. Anywhere that'd have it shipped or whatever before that date ?
    Or alternativly a bricks and mortar would be best.
    Am in Dublin.

Ste- wrote: »
    Figure this might be the best place to ask.
    Need to find a home Mens Jersey, XL I think before Friday.
    Most shops don't stock it. Anywhere that'd have it shipped or whatever before that date ?
    Or alternativly a bricks and mortar would be best.
    Am in Dublin.

Can only be bought online http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/default.aspx

If you order today you might get it by the weekend if you pay for express delivery http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/help/help.aspx?hpg=shipping

Why the rush? A new kit will be on sale in June

edit No XL in stock

• Advertisement
Advertisement