Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Semi-interesting stat by Dan Walker on Twitter regarding Jelavic.

Nikica Jelavic's last 27 goals for Rangers and Everton have been scored with a single touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pighead wrote: »
    Semi-interesting stat by Dan Walker on Twitter regarding Jelavic.

Nikica Jelavic's last 27 goals for Rangers and Everton have been scored with a single touch.

He's a class act. I think its 41 out of 44 goals for Everton and Rangers that have been one touch. Can we hold on to him in the summer tho? The joys of supporting Everton :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

eh i dunno wrote: »
    He's a class act. I think its 41 out of 44 goals for Everton and Rangers that have been one touch. Can we hold on to him in the summer tho? The joys of supporting Everton :(

Ah we'll hold onto him for the summer, if he carries on we might lose him at xmas? main concern is baines, can't see him staying if the right club comes in tbh

Ah we'll hold onto him for the summer, if he carries on we might lose him at xmas? main concern is baines, can't see him staying if the right club comes in tbh

I cant see Baines leaving. He's a homebird and settled enough. I dont think Moyes is getting a transfer budget tho so he may have to sell someone. I'd let Jags go. He's 29 now. Let Distin and Heitinga play with Duffy as a backup and maybe buy a cheap centre half as more cover. Need to keep Pienaar tho

I cant see Baines leaving. He's a homebird and settled enough. I dont think Moyes is getting a transfer budget tho so he may have to sell someone. I'd let Jags go. He's 29 now. Let Distin and Heitinga play with Duffy as a backup and maybe buy a cheap centre half as more cover. Need to keep Pienaar tho

I hope your right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he left, nor would I hold it against him, don't know if Duffy is good enough, but I'm all for giving him a fair crack, the Pienaar problem could be big, Kenwright won't want to pay any more than we sold him for and Spurs may hold us to ransom - biggest problem in the club is Moyes, I'm 99% convinced that he will take over from 'Arry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

And so another season ends with another 7th place finish and another second half of the season that will have us waxing lyrical about what we can achieve next season.....but is it all a build up to another let down. I say it every May. The key is to get the business done early in the summer. But will it be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I was at the game yesterday. Great atmosphere and performance.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    And so another season ends with another 7th place finish and another second half of the season that will have us waxing lyrical about what we can achieve next season.....but is it all a build up to another let down. I say it every May. The key is to get the business done early in the summer. But will it be possible?

But we seem to have finally got a striker with great instincts who knows where the goal is - haven't had one of them in a while. Who do we need to add, maybe a right back as Neville and Hibbert aren't getting any younger?

We need Pienaar. Anyone see his interview yesterday? The lad was nearly in tears :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

We need Pienaar. Anyone see his interview yesterday? The lad was nearly in tears :mad:

No, what happened?

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »
    No, what happened?

Doesnt sound like a lad who's staying http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/05/14/pienaar-s-emotional-interview

I see what you mean :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

why is he dicking around and not just sign a contract ffs...

he is not a 16 year old.

that or stay in the reserves at a 'big' team

why is he dicking around and not just sign a contract ffs...

he is not a 16 year old.

that or stay in the reserves at a 'big' team

I've read that Spurs want 6m for him. Can't see us paying that for a 30 year old. He should have never left in the first place.

He left for the money and/or champions league football - something we couldn't offer, I think he's realised his mistake but now he's fecked. Most Spurs fans I know wouldn't be too bothered if we got him back for 3/4m - but 6 is a bit too steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Cahill's appeal denied and he will miss the first three games of next season. Probably no harm.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Cahill's appeal denied and he will miss the first three games of next season. Probably no harm.

I wonder what Cabaye said to him. After he pushed over the ball boy as well I was surprised he made it out of Goodison intact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

But we seem to have finally got a striker with great instincts who knows where the goal is - haven't had one of them in a while. Who do we need to add, maybe a right back as Neville and Hibbert aren't getting any younger?

I would say filling positions where we have older players isn't as pressing as filling positions where we have NO players at all.

i.e. Both wings and playmaker!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I would say filling positions where we have older players isn't as pressing as filling positions where we have NO players at all.

i.e. Both wings and playmaker!

True, but who would be a realistic option? Jarvis from Wolves?

• Advertisement

Apparently we are looking at Richardson, any thoughts guys?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7771676/Toffees-sweet-on-Richardson

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7771676/Toffees-sweet-on-Richardson

Would take him on a small fee as he's out of contract next season. Good cover for Baines and Pienaar if we get him. Could mean Baines is being sold tho :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland fan here.

He's good enough to start for the vast majority of teams in the league at LB but not productive enough to play in his favoured positions on the wing or in central midfield.

The only reason I could see Everton being interested is if Baines is off.

He's also been banging on to his friends about wanting to move closer to London so if he gets another offer from a club down south I could see him choosing that.

I'll be disappointed to see him go.

He's a decent enough player but not good enough if we want to move forward.

Note: I said the same about Gibson and look how he's turned out :rolleyes:

Yeah, he's good but not Baines/Pienaar good, if he is a replacement for Baines (fingers crossed that he isn't) then it would be a step backwards - and I don't think he would want to be a benchwarmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Big summer ahead , Think If we can sign Pienaar , Stracqualursi and keep Baines , and build on the form we were in at the end of the season

• Advertisement

Big summer ahead , Think If we can sign Pienaar , Stracqualursi and keep Baines , and build on the form we were in at the end of the season

Would love Pienaar back but not Straq. An honest player but poor goal return. Would take Rodalega off Wigan for free instead

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New away Kit a lot more promising than the leeked white idea

neville.jpg

Not bad. Glad they have the collar on it. Can't remember us having a black kit before. It beats the **** out of the pink one.

Lumbo wrote: »
    Not bad. Glad they have the collar on it. Can't remember us having a black kit before. It beats the **** out of the pink one.

We had a black one 2 years ago with thin pink stripes on it. Love the new one

agree the collar is great . it is meant to be the best of the 3 new jerseys although Phil neville did say the leisurewear is good also

• Advertisement

We had a black one 2 years ago with thin pink stripes on it. Love the new one

It had pink stripes. It's been blanked from my memory :D

We a mostly black strip just after the club had just formed (around the 1880's). It had a red stripe through the middle. Didn't like that either :P

When buying the kit you can pick Pienaar and Donavon names...mmm

When buying the kit you can pick Pienaar and Donavon names...mmm

Like the old saying goes, "I'll believe it when they're pictured holding the jersey".

you can pick donovan lol

I loved the black with thin pink stripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is Bill due back on Corrie any time soon??

Looks like Moyes is the #1 choice for the new manager at Spurs following Redknapp's departure.
    Bookies no longer taking bets.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

SickBoy wrote: »
    Looks like Moyes is the #1 choice for the new manager at Spurs following Redknapp's departure.
    Bookies no longer taking bets.

:mad:

The director of commincations came out last night and rubbished it. A "journalist" on TalkSport came out with the usual "we understand" rubbish. Director of comm called him a liar and said that lawyers would be on his case in the morning. "Journalist" withdrew the comment immediately. Apparently Moyes was on a plane to Ukraine all day, so there is no way he could have been negotiating with Spurs as he said...

May happen in the future, but the rumours last night were pure made up rubbish...

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty
    Feel free to come back to me on this one but get a growing sense that David Moyes will not be the next Tottenham manager. #bbcfootball

A respected journo close to Everton

• Advertisement

While doing a bit of punditry for the beeb last night moyes said that he was very happy at everton, he didn't rule leaving entirely but I did feel better after watching him - he also confirmed that absolutely no approach has been made by spurs, either to himself or to the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

While doing a bit of punditry for the beeb last night moyes said that he was very happy at everton, he didn't rule leaving entirely but I did feel better after watching him - he also confirmed that absolutely no approach has been made by spurs, either to himself or to the club

To be honest, what i gathered from that was that's whilst he's not looking to leave Everton, should Spurs actually come calling, he'll answer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Anyone know a bricks and mortar where one could pick up the new nike jersey ?
    Or even a site with decent delivery prices ?

Ste- wrote: »

Don't think it will be available on the open market as we are still tied into the kitbag deal :rolleyes:, I'm open to correction on that.

The Official Everton site or Kitbag might be your best bet.

If you're in Liverpool, you could drop into the Everton 1 or 2 shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

I ordered the jersey yesterday, expensive enough, shirt and delivery amounted to €87
    Lumbo wrote: »
    Ste- wrote: »

Don't think it will be available on the open market as we are still tied into the kitbag deal :rolleyes:, I'm open to correction on that.

The Official Everton site or Kitbag might be your best bet.

If you're in Liverpool, you could drop into the Everton 1 or 2 shops.

I ordered the jersey yesterday, expensive enough, shirt and delivery amounted to €87

Hard to justify €87 when every other fan can get a jersey for €60 in the local sports shop. Love the jersey but might wait til i go over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Dont know why Im lurking in this thread:pac: but I noticed soccer triads are selling the new Everton jersey for 20-25 euro. Afaik going by the online store thread, people are getting their orders again so might be worth a try for people willing to save 60 quid:eek: on a jersey. Fairly high quality shirts albeit 'fakes'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

djPSB wrote: »
    Is Bill due back on Corrie any time soon??

well he certainly isn't busy trying to sell his beloved Everton - Forest and Leeds are the latest clubs linked with big investment - and surprise surprise Everton arn't - think it is all hot air that Kenwright wants to sell - he luckily hung on to Moyes over the summer , so get ready for another season of bargain basement buys -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Will Ross Barkley get much of a look-in this year? Haven't heard his name on the rumour mill in a while

• Advertisement

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/06/30/what-the-papers-say-30-june

Apparently we are on the verge of signing Daniel Pranjic, he was supposed to come in January according to the above link but it collapsed - seen by many as a replacement for Baines. Also we are favourites to sign Steven Naismith if he is allowed to walk away from the Rangers newco.

Advertisement