Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/06/30/what-the-papers-say-30-june

Apparently we are on the verge of signing Daniel Pranjic, he was supposed to come in January according to the above link but it collapsed - seen by many as a replacement for Baines.

I'd sell Baines if we got 15-20m. Bring in Donavon, Pienaar, Pranjic for about 10m and a few quid for back up to Jelavic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I'd sell Baines if we got 15-20m. Bring in Donavon, Pienaar, Pranjic for about 10m and a few quid for back up to Jelavic

My only objection to that plan is Donovan, Pienaar and Pranjic are all the wrong side of 30. I'd prefer to sign Pranjic and either Donovan or Pienaar, and pick up a couple of younger players with whatever's left.

edit: No better place for my 1,000th post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Naismith will be OK to come in, mid-twenties (25?), but yeah Pranjic is too old

Naismith will be OK to come in, mid-twenties (25?), but yeah Pranjic is too old

Haven't seen much of Naismith but free and Jelavic likes playing with him so worth a punt. Baines rumours growing this morning tho and talk of Moyes wanting Dempsey but the club not so keen as no resale value

Apparently Baines will go if the club accept an offer, it's just a matter of matching valuations according to the media. United are aware of the obvious financial difficulties we have and are naturally trying to take advantage (who wouldn't?). We're looking for 15m - 20m, United are only offering peanuts in comparison - will probably go for around 10m tho.

• Advertisement

Will be shocking if we dont get 15m for Baines.
    Good Everton source on Twitter reckons Pranjic and Naismith will be coming in. Both free which makes it believable

Definately take them both on frees, Naismith is valued around 5/6m so could be a steal. Don't want to take Pranjic as a replacement for Baines, may be forced to eat my words but he is not good enough. I'm hope I'm wrong though.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/07/04/blues-land-naismith

Naismith confirmed, we took a chance on a player with dodgy knees not so long ago and sold him for 24m! And he's free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I reckon Baines will be sold am hearing it from too many sources now that I reckon it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Why utd though, they wont drop Evra will they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,721 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

United are aware of the obvious financial difficulties we have and are naturally trying to take advantage (who wouldn't?).

we've had financial difficulties now for nearly 20 years , why the hell wont Billy K not sell up ? , if he can not take the club any further and is such a beloved fan - if it wasnt for the miracle of Moyes we would be languishing in lower leagues - there are plenty of people willing to invest in big English clubs , why is Nottingham forest more attractive than EFC - then again perhaps Billy K has no intention of selling, which is my gut fealing

thebaz wrote: »
    we've had financial difficulties now for nearly 20 years , why the hell wont Billy K not sell up ? , if he can not take the club any further and is such a beloved fan - if it wasnt for the miracle of Moyes we would be languishing in lower leagues - there are plenty of people willing to invest in big English clubs , why is Nottingham forest more attractive than EFC - then again perhaps Billy K has no intention of selling, which is my gut fealing

There are many reasons why he cant sell the club:
    1) Who be interested in a club where there is no sign of them making money from.
    2) We have a very old stadium
    3) We are unattractive because we are in the shadows of Liverpool, we need a bllioniare to turn that around.
    4) We dont want the club sold to anyone, look at blackburn and birmingham for example.
    5) Kenwright and the currents investors will want their money back.

There are many reasons why he cant sell the club:
    1) Who be interested in a club where there is no sign of them making money from.
    2) We have a very old stadium

5) Kenwright and the currents investors will want their money back.

my point is leeds are due investment, fair eneogh , but why are Nottingham Forest more attractive to wealty owners - the Moyes miracle will last only so long , before lack of expenditure or he himself gets fed up

my point is leeds are due investment, fair eneogh , but why are Nottingham Forest more attractive to wealty owners - the Moyes miracle will last only so long , before lack of expenditure or he himself gets fed up

Because Forest are cheap to buy and are the biggest club in their city, therefore there is potential there without costing much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Junior Hoilett in talks with Everton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Did he not already move to a German club?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Did he not already move to a German club?!
    I thought so too but apparently not. Borussia Monchengladbach were the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Ah here. Signing one player before the end of August is enough excitement for our fans.

amiable wrote: »

if we get him , he would be a great signing - excellent player - just what we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

amiable wrote: »

if we get him , he would be a great signing - excellent player - just what we need

Naismith and Hoilett and it's only July!? talk of pranjic as well by the weekend!? jesus I'm getting dizzy spells here. Surely we can only sign players on deadline day at 10 minutes before midnight after selling someone? no? ;-)

anyone have the obligatory YouTube video of Hoilett being awesome?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I think the stroy is that Moyes told Hoilett to feck off coz of excessive wage demands. And although he's out of contract, Blackburn are expecting a £4 Million development fee because of his age!

Apparently we're in talks in Jean-Jacques Gosso - a defensive midfielder come right-back from Ivory Coast currently playing for Orduspor in Turkey whose chairman has said Everton have been given permission to talk to the player!

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I think the stroy is that Moyes told Hoilett to feck off coz of excessive wage demands. And although he's out of contract, Blackburn are expecting a £4 Million development fee because of his age!

I'd say it was Kenwright who told him to feck off, kind of fealt this would happen , with a player of his class , given our never ceasing financial situation

An extra 2 days to wait for our first game now :mad:

We've also told Hugo Rodallega to feck off, wanted 70k a week. 70k? Be lucky to get €70 a week after scoring 2 goals in 21 games. He'll be ok though, apparently Fulham are going to be stupid enough to pay it!

We've also told Hugo Rodallega to feck off, wanted 70k a week. 70k? Be lucky to get €70 a week after scoring 2 goals in 21 games. He'll be ok though, apparently Fulham are going to be stupid enough to pay it!

Madness that he can look for 70k a week. Hopefully Pienaar will be signed up soon and Hoillet if were lucky

Madness that he can look for 70k a week. Hopefully Pienaar will be signed up soon and Hoillet if were lucky

Peanuts is leaving Spurs anyway. He didn't appear in their team photo. I hope they're not hoping to get much for him. Cause we don't have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

70grand a week

hahahahahahahaha

fulham are paying him this.

LOL

Moyes would not pay him 20/30k a week.

70 grand..

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

According to SSN we are in talks with Spurs for Pienaar.

SickBoy wrote: »
    According to SSN we are in talks with Spurs for Pienaar.

The Daily Fail says the fee is £5m

• Advertisement

Pranjic has joined Sporting Lisbon so thats one off the rumour mill

Pranjic has joined Sporting Lisbon so thats one off the rumour mill

To be honest, not that said to see it happen, wouldn't have made the first team in my opinion.

To be honest, not that said to see it happen, wouldn't have made the first team in my opinion.

He would make it at left back if the Baines rumours this morning are true. And for 10m? i expect 15m at least. Saying that if Baines goes i'd prefer a younger left back than Pranjic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Why would Everton sell Pienaar for £3 million only to buy him back for £5 after a poor season at Spurs? Not like he's getting any younger either.

Why would Everton sell Pienaar for £3 million only to buy him back for £5 after a poor season at Spurs? Not like he's getting any younger either.

It was either sell him for £3million at that point or risk him not renewing his contract(which he wasn't going to do at the time) and getting SFA for him in the next transfer window.

It was either sell him for £3million at that point or risk him not renewing his contract(which he wasn't going to do at the time) and getting SFA for him in the next transfer window.

We would have got £0 for him. It's not worked out bad in the end and that figure of £5m isn't even confirmed. I'm sure Bill is offering £2m and a truck loads of Everton mints, paid in 50 yearly instalments.

• Advertisement

Lumbo wrote: »

We would have got £0 for him. It's not worked out bad in the end and that figure of £5m isn't even confirmed. I'm sure Bill is offering £2m and a truck loadsall of Everton mints, paid in 50 yearly instalments.
    SFA = sweet fcuk all...

I've heard an initial 2.5m, rising up to 5m (on appearences I presume, or if we qualify europe) - not a bad deal if that is the case. His stint last season showed what he can do outside Arteta's shadow.

Yobo nearly a done deal. Hopefully that frees up cash for Pienaar

Yobo nearly a done deal. Hopefully that frees up cash for Pienaar

That's been a done deal the last two summers :D

He always put in a decent shift but not reliable enough imo, he's happy to stay where he is and we are happy to get a few bob for him - approx. 2-3m I've read

Sad day with Cahill leaving for the US. Everton legend

• Advertisement

Great servant to the club. Sorry to see him go.

Pienaar deal is apparently done :D

Moyes besting signing ?

legend is right

Moyes besting signing ?

legend is right

£1.5m - 68 goals. Better then most of the strikers Moyes has bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Moyes besting signing ?

I'd go as far as saying one of the best ever Premier League signings ;)

Think it was best for the player and the club, we accepted a minimal fee (~1m) in difference to his tremendous level of service, I hope he makes millions over there because he deserves it. The best Everton player of the last decade.

Fee agreed for Piennar :D

Was about to post that myself - about feckin' time. There were rumours that QPR or Sunderland were sniffing but Peanuts made it clear to Spurs that there was only one place he wanted to go :D

AzJE2t9CIAAVI4l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Who wants to strat the 2013 thread?

I'll do it. Actually, would we not be better off editing the title of this one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement