Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Dont think Baines will leave this window, for an EPL side anyway. Liverpool are the only club that have a real need for him if City get Clichy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

slingerz wrote: »
    Dont think Baines will leave this window, for an EPL side anyway. Liverpool are the only club that have a real need for him if City get Clichy

Not being smart mate but wouldn't Arsenal need someone? That Kieran Gibbs fella is always injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

Lumbo wrote: »
    Not being smart mate but wouldn't Arsenal need someone? That Kieran Gibbs fella is always injured.

As says on the Asenal thread that Wenger will plump for Gibbs as 1st choice and he doesnt like spending cash on strikers/midfielders so i doubt he'd spend the cash everton would want for Baines

slingerz wrote: »
    As says on the Asenal thread that Wenger will plump for Gibbs as 1st choice and he doesnt like spending cash on strikers/midfielders so i doubt he'd spend the cash everton would want for Baines

Hence, why Arsenal will never win anything.

Everton will introduce a new competitive pricing structure for Barclays Premier League matches next season – including money off standard prices for at least two fixtures.
    Following on from the season ticket price freeze announced for 2011/12 earlier this year, Blues officials have revealed that a new grading system will be introduced for all league games at Goodison Park. There will be five categories of game - grade A-E - with the prices reflecting the scale and the timing of the fixture.

The grade A game will carry the highest premium whilst the Club has introduced Grade E games that will be cheaper than the standard 2011/12 prices. Grade D is the standard matchday price for next season and covers 50 per cent of fixtures. Alongside the new grading system junior prices remain half the price of adult fixtures for all games and in all areas of the stadium.

Chief Executive Robert Elstone said: “The changes we have opted to make for next season have come about following research we conducted in last season’s fans’ survey. “We asked a wide range of our supporters to identify what they believed was the optimum pricing for attending matches at Goodison Park and for 2011/12 we have managed to build our entire pricing structure around this – both season tickets and match by match prices. “In what continue to be tough economic times, we are aware that we needed to make some positive changes, as well as keeping the popular junior offer from last season and we hope as many fans as possible will be able to take advantage over the coming campaign."

CATEGORIES 2011/12

Grade Fixture Adult Price Junior Price Over 65s Price

A Liverpool Standard + £5 Standard + £2.50 Standard + £3.75

B Manchester United and Manchester City Standard + £4 Standard + £2 Standard + £3

C Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Bolton Standard + £3 Standard + £1.50 Standard + £2.25

D Standard 2011 Standard Standard Standard

E Stoke City and Blackburn £25 in all areas £12.50 in all areas £18.75 in all areas

STANDARD PRICES (CATEGORY D) Adults Juniors Over-65s

Top Balcony £34 £17 £21.50

Main Stand £36 £18 £22.50

Upper Gwladys £34 £17 £21.50

Lower Gwladys £31 £15.50 £20

Upper Bullens £36 £18 £22.25

Lower Bullens £31 £15.50 £19.50

Paddock £34 £17 £21

Park End £37 £18.50 £23

Family Enclosure £30 £15 £20.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Think thats a good idea to help people go to lower grade games on the day.

Phil Neville contract extension done and dusted. Word is that he just asked to see the contract and signed it. Didn't make any unnecessary demands etc. Can't help but like the lad, even if his footballing ability is sometimes called into question.

I can see him being a future Everton manager.

Wish the transfer of players out of the club would happen already.

Seems to be taking ages with Yak and Yobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Wish the transfer of players out of the club would happen already.

Seems to be taking ages with Yak and Yobo.

Me too as we need to sell before we buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Looks like Rodwell could be the one on the way out. Probably the best option if we can get 20 mil for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Voltwad wrote: »
    Looks like Rodwell could be the one on the way out. Probably the best option if we can get 20 mil for him
    It saddens me to say it but best of luck to the lad.

SickBoy wrote: »
    It saddens me to say it but best of luck to the lad.

He'd a poor season but I think that was because of the injuries he had. I'd be happy to see a few teams get into a bidding war for him and if he's sold see if Ross Barkley is good enough to make the grade.

Mates of mine in Liverpool say that he's fond of the rock star lifestyle. He'd be better off at Chelsea if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jaysus its all happening at Goodison this transfer window lads isnt it :eek: A 17 year old kid rejoins on loan. WTF :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Jaysus its all happening at Goodison this transfer window lads isnt it :eek: A 17 year old kid rejoins on loan. WTF :mad:

He was playing in the academy anyway and is a good player. Don't see what the issue is with? They aren't exactly lauding it as a big summer signing?

We have no money to buy players. End of... If we do, it will be when Yobo and Yak are sold. Combined with the Vaughan money, should have about 12 million to spend maybe?

He was playing in the academy anyway and is a good player. Don't see what the issue is with? They aren't exactly lauding it as a big summer signing?

We have no money to buy players. End of... If we do, it will be when Yobo and Yak are sold. Combined with the Vaughan money, should have about 12 million to spend maybe?

Doubt we'll raise 12m from the above 3 and even if we did Moyes wouldnt get all of it. Now wheres my euromillions ticket til i check it. If i win the €170m i'll buy Moysie a striker :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Doubt we'll raise 12m from the above 3 and even if we did Moyes wouldnt get all of it. Now wheres my euromillions ticket til i check it. If i win the €170m i'll buy Moysie a striker :D

Would estimate around the following:

Yak - 6 to 8 Million

Yobo - 2 Million

Vaughan - We got around 2 million for him (undisclosed)

3m for Yobo and 3-4m for Yak imo.

Even with 10m who could Moyes buy. Would spend it all on a striker but cant think of anyone we could get that would bag 15 goals a season.

It'll be like a new signing :rolleyes:

I've heard he's decent but he won't get near the first team this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Well when you put it like that :mad:

Was Bily the last player we signed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Beckford?

G.K. wrote: »
    Beckford?

He was free. Could be Coleman. Trying to figure it out without Google.

Weren't Johnny, Bily & Distin bought out of the Lescott money. It must be one of them.

If Bily was my last sigming i wouldnt expect more cash off my boss to be honest. What a waste of 9m :mad: Panic buy in a mad rush to spend the Lescott cash

Heitinga was signed right at the end of that transfer window for 6m

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New Home Keeper Reminds me of an old Big Nev Kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

The Yobo deal will go thru for £3.5 Million I think. (Can't understand why the likes of
    Blackburn, Wolves & Wigan etc aren't bidding for him. He'd be a great signing for them)

We only have £1 Million from the Vaughan deal. Another £1.5 Million is add-on's for games played, Norwich surviving, new contract being signed etc etc. The usual.

As for Yak, our only real option at the moment is to sell him off to Turkey too. We won't get more than £4 Million for him. That's £8.5 Million tops altogether! If no bid of that amount comes in for Yak, we'll still have him next season.

If a good bid comes in for Bily (most likely from Russia), he will go too. A good bid would be £6 Million - topping us up to £14.5 million. However, unless this bid comes in around the same time as the sales of Yobo and Yak (hopefully) go thru, we won't be signing anyone expensive.

Selling Mucha is also a possibility but won't fetch much (pardon the pun).

Neither Rodwell, Baines or Fellaini will be sold. Heitinga and Arteta are the only other (far fetched) possibilities.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

it said on evertontv that they were holding out for 6million for yobo

Nowso wrote: »
    it said on evertontv that they were holding out for 6million for yobo

No chance! Unless a new suitor comes along!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Laois_Man wrote: »
    The Yobo deal will go thru for £3.5 Million I think. (Can't understand why the likes of
    Blackburn, Wolves & Wigan etc aren't bidding for him. He'd be a great signing for them)

We only have £1 Million from the Vaughan deal. Another £1.5 Million is add-on's for games played, Norwich surviving, new contract being signed etc etc. The usual.

As for Yak, our only real option at the moment is to sell him off to Turkey too. We won't get more than £4 Million for him. That's £8.5 Million tops altogether! If no bid of that amount comes in for Yak, we'll still have him next season.

If a good bid comes in for Bily (most likely from Russia), he will go too. A good bid would be £6 Million - topping us up to £14.5 million. However, unless this bid comes in around the same time as the sales of Yobo and Yak (hopefully) go thru, we won't be signing anyone expensive.

Selling Mucha is also a possibility but won't fetch much (pardon the pun).

Neither Rodwell, Baines or Fellaini will be sold. Heitinga and Arteta are the only other (far fetched) possibilities.

if Everton have 14 million on transfer money i will have a sex change..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

if Everton have 14 million on transfer money i will have a sex change..

You'll need to find a dodgy surgeon then. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭bobbyg

It's heartbreaking to think that we can't compete with these teams financially!

bobbyg wrote: »
    It's heartbreaking to think that we can't compete with these teams financially!

Look at Leicester City they are spending more then Everton.

Everton got f**k all money..

get over it.

I cant really see Moyes sticking much longer tbh...

its sicking that a team as famous as Everton got less money than a local chipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

FWIW:

jamesappell James Appell
    Mirror: Everton to swap Bilyaletdinov for McGeady - that would make sense. Not sure Spartak would be game though #Russia

Ashley who?

Hands off.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Bothroyd having a medical with QPR , glad we`re not getting him as was once speculated.

Finally a new signing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan Irvine returns as Acadamey manager :pac:

And Yobo is now back training with us......depressing times

Finally a new signing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan Irvine returns as Acadamey manager :pac:

And Yobo is now back training with us......depressing times

Irvine is a good coach and an ex blue. He's also good mates with Moyes from their time working together so it's win win for me.

The Yobo situation is a different story.

• Advertisement

Everton cant even sell a player, let alone buy one.

this is going to be a dog of a season i think unfortunately.

and no, we didnt sign the dog. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Irvine should be promoted back to assistant manager, get Round out of there, he's performed horribly.

In line with Everton always doing the opposite of what I expect, I reckon we'll finish 4th with Yobo as our player of the season!

Let's hope Yobo and Moyes start talking again or he will waste away in the reserves.

Columbia wrote: »
    Irvine should be promoted back to assistant manager, get Round out of there, he's performed horribly.

In line with Everton always doing the opposite of what I expect, I reckon we'll finish 4th with Yobo as our player of the season!

I agree with you on Irvine. Much better than Round who looks like a clown with his little head set thing on.

Im giving up on this transfer window already. How depressing seeing Stoke, Sunderland and even Leicester spend huge money and we buy no one :mad:

May buy the new home jersey to cheer me up :D

ciaran76 wrote: »

Toffeeweb :rolleyes:

They haven't had a balanced article on there in years. Not even going to click on the link.

However, one of my mates in work was telling me about the Everton situation getting a 1/2 hour on Talksport last night and the NOTW ran an article recently. Bills had the balls to hold out this long but one the press starts listening to the fans complaints and takes them seriously they'll love the story. Unfortunately, I can see it all ending in tears.

• Advertisement

Also got about 1/2 hour this morning too on the radio.

Everton will somehow finish 7th again this season as they always do. I'd really love to know how you do it, but it will happen :)

Enough of this shoyte about it being a depressing season!

True the likes of Sunderland have spent - but they have also LOST the likes of Henderson and Bent for around £40 Million. We could spend over £60 Million if we sold Rodwell, Baines and Fellaini but would we want to? Not me!

Man Utd are pretty much the only team that I think have improved since new year - and that's not even a significant improvement considering what they too have lost (Liverpool fans think they have improved massivley - but I don't). Even if Sunerland, Stoke and the like spend another £20 Million, they'll still be weaker than us! Sunderland haven't bought one player I would have liked except maybe Westwood for free as back-up 'keeper. We haven't really missed out on one other single player who I feel we should have gone for at the price/wages they were going for. Plus the likes of Villa, Arsenal, Blackburn, Wigan etc etc etc are, or soon will be significantly weaker than last season!

Plus...we WILL have new players.....even if it's only loan signings like Sergio Canales from Real Madrid.

Enough of this shoyte about it being a depressing season!

True the likes of Sunderland have spent - but they have also LOST the likes of Henderson and Bent for around £40 Million. We could spend over £60 Million if we sold Rodwell, Baines and Fellaini but would we want to? Not me!

I wouldn't worry about us (Sunderland) mate. Your first 11 is still streets ahead of ours, although we do have more depth to our squad. I guarantee you you'll finish ahead of us. Everton will start poorly and come December fly out of the blocks and finish 7th. Same every year :)

Paully D wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about us (Sunderland) mate. Your first 11 is still streets ahead of ours, although we do have more depth to our squad. I guarantee you you'll finish ahead of us. Everton will start poorly and come December fly out of the blocks and finish 7th. Same every year :)

Until 2 years ago, we had finished in the 5th or 6th for a few years in a row.

likewise, I can't understand how Sunderland were up there in the top third of the leage until Christmas and then droped like a stone! It seems to be something that follows Steve Bruce around! The injuries excuse doesn't cut it when you look at what a much smaller squad like ours can do with a lot of injuries!

• Advertisement
Advertisement