Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Some of ye might already read his blog so apaologies if you read it before.

Nothing new just saying how it is.

http://markobrien.blog.com/2011/07/13/71/#more-71

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Enough of this shoyte about it being a depressing season!

True the likes of Sunderland have spent - but they have also LOST the likes of Henderson and Bent for around £40 Million. We could spend over £60 Million if we sold Rodwell, Baines and Fellaini but would we want to? Not me!

Man Utd are pretty much the only team that I think have improved since new year - and that's not even a significant improvement considering what they too have lost (Liverpool fans think they have improved massivley - but I don't). Even if Sunerland, Stoke and the like spend another £20 Million, they'll still be weaker than us! Sunderland haven't bought one player I would have liked except maybe Westwood for free as back-up 'keeper. We haven't really missed out on one other single player who I feel we should have gone for at the price/wages they were going for. Plus the likes of Villa, Arsenal, Blackburn, Wigan etc etc etc are, or soon will be significantly weaker than last season!

Plus...we WILL have new players.....even if it's only loan signings like Sergio Canales from Real Madrid.

or Andy Burgess from woking...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Tonights team for Bury friendly
    Everton team for Bury game: Mucha, Coleman, Fellaini, Heitinga, Osman, Yakubu, Arteta, Gueye, Distin, Beckford, Neville.

Havent a clue whos playing where. Maybe its
    Mucha
    Coleman Heitinga Distin Neville
    Osman Arteta Fellaini Gueye
    Yak Beckford

Looks like Yak is back in favour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Anyone get a whiff of the back and forth correspondence between Elstone and some of the fan groups? His response today, while vague, would suggest that the growing discontent is finally being taken seriously. David Prentice's article in the Echo today was somewhat redeeming after his f**k up last week.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Anyone get a whiff of the back and forth correspondence between Elstone and some of the fan groups? His response today, while vague, would suggest that the growing discontent is finally being taken seriously. David Prentice's article in the Echo today was somewhat redeeming after his f**k up last week.

Dunno what to make of Elstone to be honest. Seems a decent enough skin but it must be hard trying to cover for bollacky Bill all the time. Pressure is growing all the same. Hope everyone here is following The Peoples Group on Facebook. They seem to be pressing the issue.

And for anyone on Twitter follow Bill Kenwright. Someone is pretending to be Bill and its great stuff :pac:

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Probably Bull**** Bill making a phantom bid he knows he wont have to come good on

Probably Bull**** Bill making a phantom bid he knows he wont have to come good on

Expect a £5m bid for Modric tomorrow :pac:

Yak just scored :pac:

Like a new signing :D

hummmm

who needs players. :p

• Advertisement

4-0 up at half time. Gueye X2, Yakubu and Osman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really couldn't see it happening considering Villa have offered £10m and will give him £60,000 a week. I seriously doubt that Everton have even made a bid and it's probably just SSN trying to get viewing figures up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

He'd be a deadly signing to get though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Ran out of steam in the second half, ends 4-1. Their goal (from a free kick) should have been saved.

Beckford was wasteful, Yakubu looked much better.

Arteta, Fellaini and Osman all bright, Gueye hot and cold but scored twice and caused problems. Bily pretty good in centre-mid, but the quality of the opposition will have had a lot to do with that.

Coleman (playing right back) overly offensive at times, leaving us open to counter attacks, but maybe it's to be expected when he's been a winger for the last year. Distin solid.

I think it was a very good run-out for the first friendly of the new season.

Maybe it the cinic in me but the transfer bid on the same day the press story about Everton and lack of funds makes me think it's not a real bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Hope everyone here is following The Peoples Group on Facebook. They seem to be pressing the issue.

I'm not. And I won't. But maybe I'll change my mind if ya can tell me what issue exactly they're pressing and what their goal is - to give Bill power to pull millions out of his rectum?

Elstone is reported to have said at the Bury game that NO bid for N'Zogbia has been made by Everton.

Probably true!

Everton couldnt afford a whore from patpong at the moment so forget any thoughts of signing anyone.

we would be doing fantastically well to hold onto what we got AND keep the fekers injury free..

apart from becks...

I am surprised the Fernandez (think that's the spelling) link hasn't come up yet.

Remember he was in loan a few years ago and every year since there us always a story linking him to Everton again.

I am sure it will come up before end of Aug.

• Advertisement

good article

im surprised moyes is sticking this up tbh,, he will never be here in a year if things remain the way they are.

everton are stagnant, no progress. its not good enough.

people might say, ohh 7th is good for Everton but that is bs. We want answers as to why no one has bought our club, why there is not a price on the team, why we are getting out spent my lower league sides.

so many questions.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    I'm not. And I won't. But maybe I'll change my mind if ya can tell me what issue exactly they're pressing and what their goal is - to give Bill power to pull millions out of his rectum?

Have a read of this letter. If you stick up for Bill after reading it i can only assume your a red.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/news/article.php?ID=10219

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Have a read of this letter. If you stick up for Bill after reading it i can only assume your a red.

Harsh!

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/11-12/news/article.php?ID=10219

It's nothing to do with defending Kenwright. That letter is written for people who don't know all this stuff. As supporters, we do. So these issues that they're pressing for is answers to questions like what happened to the "ring fenced" money for Kings Dock, fortress fund, etc. How is this supposed to help progress exactly?

They want to know why nobody wants to buy us - but even I can answer that! A new buyer has to spend, lets conservatively say £70 Million on buying enough shares for control. With that, he gets £50 million of debt, another £30\£35 Million worth of mortgages not included in aforementioned £50 Million, a club in need of a new stadium that would cost (again conservatively) £200 Million to be built in say the first 5 years, and in the meantime, during those 5 years, would be expected to invest at least a modest £20 Million per year on new players. Plus more on the higher wages. Plus we don't even own Finch Farm so there's buying that too. So we're looking for someone willing to spend or underwrite over half a BILLION pounds - just in 5 years. The geezer would have to live for a thousand years before he'd start making a profit. Who's willing to do that? What club have found any investor who has built them a new stadium and done all this also? None. But you expect them to want to do it for Everton. And don't say we wouldn't necessarily need the new ground cos the only hope anyone has of getting a return on Everton is buying moving.

Or, alternatively, we could end up with a new owner who wants to sell all our players for say £130 Million, pay off the debts, replace all the players with whats left over and try make his profit on selling a debtless club. That's it!

But clowns like those who wrote this letter and are complaining that Everton don't break confidentiality with potential buyers by releasing details of why the investor wasn't interested (how ****ing nieve is that) and who also moan that they aren't given a list of names of players who Everton are interested in, are probably the same dopes who moaned when we missed out on Sissoko (thankfully IMO) because the club advertized it's persuit of him. And they'll moan in exactly the same way when some investor says he won't even talk to Everton cos of having no confidence in confidentiality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Breaking news from Goodison Everton tonight confirmed they have got Parker.

David moyes has thanked Bill kenwright for hes new pen.

• Advertisement

We couldn't afford a Parker pen !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭delspeed78

Rumours circulating that Leicester have made a new bid of 4m for Yakubu. Can see this one being accepted. Sorry to see the Yak go but i think its obvious Moyes wants him out of the club.

Seen that tweet as well. Would explain why he's not travelling to the USA. Yobo's been left out of the tour too.

So, we can take it the both of them are as good as gone.
    Yakubu 4m
    Yobo 3-3.5m

...and there appears our upfront fee for n'Zogbia. What could go wrong!

delspeed78 wrote: »
    What could go wrong!
    you had to go and say that !!! Lol

• Advertisement

Read on another forum (and checked to confirm that it's true) that on the official store website you can use a drop-down menu to pick out what player/number you want on the new shirt. There are three absentees from the list - Yobo, Yakubu and Rodwell.

Does anyone know what's going on with the guy we signed from Azerbaijan? Will he be staying with his home team for yet another season? I'm off to Georgia from September to December, so if he is over there I'd love to hop across the Azerbaijani border and get a look at him.

Columbia wrote: »
    Read on another forum (and checked to confirm that it's true) that on the official store website you can use a drop-down menu to pick out what player/number you want on the new shirt. There are three absentees from the list - Yobo, Yakubu and Rodwell.

Does anyone know what's going on with the guy we signed from Azerbaijan? Will he be staying with his home team for yet another season? I'm off to Georgia from September to December, so if he is over there I'd love to hop across the Azerbaijani border and get a look at him.

Strange that Rodwell is missing...i can understand the other two tho.

As for the guy from Azerbaijan he played for us in that mini tournament in Russia over the last few days so i assume he is here to stay.
    http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/07/16/everton-2-dynamo-moscow-0

Rodwell is changing his number and the other two have one foot out the door i persume.

Anyone see the game against Philadelphia last night?

I didn't but I've heard Vellios and Barkley were impressive!!

Jagielka subject of a £10m bid from Arsenal. No chance of them nearing our valuation of twice that.

Retarded to sell any of our crop of stars simply because we wont get replacements for them unless we pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

if they want to go to line their pockets its a different kettle of fish thou...right Joleon.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Wenger is some ****ing tulip. I actually think Arsenal fans are more upset by the offer then we are. Our fans aren't taking it seriously. Maybe he's on a bit of a fishing expedition but he'll want to do a lot better if he thinks we'll agree to a fee like that for one of the better center backs in the league. £10m :rolleyes:

Every man and his dog knows that it's a derisory offer and it's an absolute insult to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Moyes will want 18m for him and maybe two other players on loan, bendter and and a defender.

We badly need an investor soon or this club will explode at some stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Every man and his dog knows that it's a derisory offer and it's an absolute insult to us.

He'll be 29 by the season starts, he ain't no spring chicken.

£10m is definitely on the low side. It's hardly an insulting offer.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He'll be 29 by the season starts, he ain't no spring chicken.

£10m is definitely on the low side. It's hardly an insulting offer.
    Seeing as how you're here Alan, I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the proposed Football Quarter and redevelopment of North Liverpool :)

http://www.keioc.net/index.php?page=football-quarter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Watching the dc united friendly and 2-0 up at halftime young Bradley has done well in the 1st half.

DCU game ends 3-1 to us. Very, very entertaining match, and a lot to take from it.

The young guns did us proud tonight, Anichebe used his strength to great effect in the first half, was central to our attack and even did a lot of tracking back. Ross Barkley showed a lot too before being subbed off at half time, he will play a role for us this season on the evidence of tonight. Conor McAleny had some good moments, but isn't quite at the level of the first team yet. Gueye was good once again, and he scored our third with a tight finish, although also lost possession a few times. Vellios had some promising touches but didn't exert a huge influence on the game. Rodwell was decent, had several good long-range efforts.

Mucha really impressed me, made a bad mistake against Bury but having seen him tonight he is a very capable stand-in should something happen to Howard.

Unfortunately Jagielka has continued his poor pre-season form, and if not for Distin being a wall of a man we might not have won the game. Bily wasted a lot of possession, but scored a good goal (something we've all heard/said about him dozens of times).

Barkley looks one hell of a prospect and whisper this but he reminds me of a young Gerrard, only better :)

Goals from last night lads.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUPzSNmfjSs

Looks like we knocked it around well.

Here's more lengthy highlights - even though it doesn't show several of our chances

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao9cAzR6Kng

Chris Pontius on the DC team looks like a player very well worth keeping a close eye on! came on at half time and skinned Jags and Distin several times!

Jagielka was poor though!!

Trying to keep this thread alive..........

Talk of Adam Johnson coming on loan. What a coup that would be!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2019540/Everton-want-Manchester-Citys-Adam-Johnson.html#ixzz1TNKIk1ZU

Doubt it will happen as Everton and city dont have the best relationship at the moment.

Also Johnson is on about 2 times the wages of Rodwell and cant see Everton signing him till someone lease especailly now that Everton have Yak and Yobo wages back on the books.

If a 18-20 million bid comes in for Jags then I think Everton should accept it at this stage.
    I know he will be hard to replace but that's too good a deal to turn down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

ciaran76 wrote: »
    If a 18-20 million bid comes in for Jags then I think Everton should accept it at this stage.
    I know he will be hard to replace but that's too good a deal to turn down.

The 15m is closer to the valuation. We'd need to replace him and that's not going to be easy or cheap. I wonder if he does go what effect it will have on the Yobo situation. I don’t think Moyes will want to play him again after he refused to play against Benfica in Europa League but with the wages he’s on, about 45k a week, he can’t be sat in the stands until his contract runs out.

Advertisement