Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Lumbo wrote: »
    The 15m is closer to the valuation. We'd need to replace him and that's not going to be easy or cheap. I wonder if he does go what effect it will have on the Yobo situation. I don’t think Moyes will want to play him again after he refused to play against Benfica in Europa League but with the wages he’s on, about 45k a week, he can’t be sat in the stands until his contract runs out.

whats the point selling him for 15million, we wont replace him for a player of that calibre for the same price.

ridiculous, joleon lescott de ja vu.

defenders like that are at their prime at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Ill be gutted if Jagielka is sold , he's such an important player and is in his prime. I know we need to sell before we buy but id rather see Rodwell or Fellaini sold to raise funds .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I'd sell Jags to be honest lads IF we get 18m and IF moyes gets to spend all the money. Phil is 29 next month so in a year or 2 he's worth nothing in transfer fee terms. He's also had a really bad injury 2 years ago and every time i see him go down i think he's injured.

With 18m Moyes could replace him with Dann at around 7m, Donavon at around 5m and gamble on Long at around 6m. Now i think the squad would be stronger with these 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Read some interesting stats a couple of days ago (but can't seem to find them now) that when we have Jagielka & Distin at the back (as opposed to Heitinga & Distin), we concede fewer goals, but actually win far fewer games and end up with a lower average points. Points to the fact that though Jagielka is the superior defender, Heitinga knows how to start us moving forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'd sell Jags for £18 Million in a flash. He's not THAT good!

Also reports today that Villareal are eyeing up Arteta for an £8 Million bid. I'd try get that up a bit and take it too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Villareal eying up Arteta too apparently. We'll have no one left at this stage.

I'd take 10m for Arteta too if we got it. Never going to be the same player and as much as i idolised him for a few seasons now its time to cash in. The squad is ageing and we need younger bodies around the 24/25 mark.

Murmur's also of Newcastle being interested in Beckford!

Evertons bench (or first team even) will have some serious amount of school boys next season.

The movement I really thought we'd see was Bily going and a better winger brought in. It's surprising to me that we didn't sell Bily back to Russia to raise funds for N'Zogbia, it would have been a great bit of business.

• Advertisement

as long as fellaini stays i will be resonably happy, since it seems everyone else will be flogged :mad:

Everton should be on that bbc show, 'flog it!'

as long as fellaini stays i will be resonably happy, since it seems everyone else will be flogged :mad:

Everton should be on that bbc show, 'flog it!'

Yeah cos we've transfer listed so many players and accepted so many bids!

As for selling Bily. You can't sell a player if you don't receive a bid!

Joey Barton released by the barcodes and we're favorite's to sign him.

I'd give him a shot.

What do we think?

We wont sign him unfortunately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

The same Barton who attacked an everton fan! No chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Nowso wrote: »
    The same Barton who attacked an everton fan! No chance

Did he attack a guy from Liverpool who happened to support Everton or did he attack a fan(as in at a match)?
    I'm not condoning it, just wondering is all...

http://www.magedtv.net/ch2.html

Everton match live lads

Good first 30 minutes but Bremen are opening us up at will now, 1-0, could have been 2 or 3.

Barkley looks impressive again

Anyone going over to any everton matches this season?

• Advertisement

I'll be over for the Villa game on the 10th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Over for 1st game against Spurs.

Lets try get some photos going for the new season then lads! If you're at a game, try upload one to here.

SickBoy wrote: »
    Did he attack a guy from Liverpool who happened to support Everton or did he attack a fan(as in at a match)?
    I'm not condoning it, just wondering is all...

It was related to the attack the fact that the victim was an everton fan.
    No way could they buy him.

Villareal game on itv4

Nowso wrote: »
    It was related to the attack the fact that the victim was an everton fan.
    No way could they buy him.

Load of tosh!

Lads how do you get tickets for Everton home games? Do i have to book a package or can i buy tickets directly off Everton and make my own flights/accommodation plans? Any advice appreciated as i wanna get over this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Lads how do you get tickets for Everton home games? Do i have to book a package or can i buy tickets directly off Everton and make my own flights/accommodation plans? Any advice appreciated as i wanna get over this season.

You can buy tickets direct from the Everton Website. You have to register but you can buy individual tickets, just make sure you ticket isn't behind a restricted view. The Derby game is usually the only game I've difficulty getting tickets for. After that, flight to Liverpool is the easiest option and you've lots of options for accommodation when you get there or you could just fly back the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barton's meeting with Moyes tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Barton's meeting with Moyes tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

arteta and fellaini missing for friggin years it seems, whats up with them....

arteta and fellaini missing for friggin years it seems, whats up with them....

Didn't Arteta play in the states? Both are listed as injured on the OS.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/07/28/everton-fc-hopeful-that-mikel-arteta-could-still-be-fit-for-the-start-of-the-premier-league-season-100252-29132911/
    EVERTON FC are hopeful that injured playmaker Mikel Arteta could still be fit for the start of the season.

The Spaniard had a scan on Monday amid concerns he had broken his foot in the first game of the club’s US tour, but the problem is not now believed to be as serious as first feared.

It is now hoped Arteta will recover in a fortnight, allowing him to return to training before Everton’s opener on August 13 against Spurs.

The 29-year-old looked sharp during the Blues’ opening 1-0 defeat by Philadelphia Union in America, and David Moyes will be hoping no further complications arise as he bids to have his strongest XI available for White Hart Lane.

Moyes already has concerns over Marouane Fellaini, another influential first-team regular who was unable to feature in the second US game against DC United after picking up a knock, as he battles to recover fully from ankle surgery in February.

Lumbo summed it up very well in his post.

Other alternatives would be to join a supporters club ....
    http://www.irish-toffees.com/welcome.htm

They organise trips etc and you would also be with fellow fans if thats what would suit you.

Seems we'e being priced out of a move for Barton

lol whats new

we should all chip in to the coffers at Everton.

weekly collection.

• Advertisement

lol whats new

we should all chip in to the coffers at Everton.

weekly collection.

Or just go to a few games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Message from a red that I follow on twitter... could be a bit of craic in the fantasy football :D
    Come on #LFC & #EFC fans. Join my Reds v Blues Fantasy Football League here fantasy.premierleague.com Code: 227384-82229

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Or just go to a few games?

not easy where i am based at the moment unfortunately

and that got shag all to do with anything.. our attendance is pretty solid and roughly the same for decades.

its not like an extra 2,000 a week would enable up to buy players like andy carroll for 30 million in one fell swoop.

besides the initial fee we cant afford wages so, we gotta suck it up.

If we keep our first X1 intact we can beat practically anyone in the top flight, its when we get injured players we are screwed.

Dont think any team would look forward to playing a full strength Everton team, new signings or not.

Hope Colemans injury is not too bad and just a knock.

Can see alot of people now running to their Fantasy Football to change their teams.

There all running to buy hibbo ! Lol

• Advertisement

Not broken but ankle ligament damage would suggest a month at least :(

Had a nightmare last night that there was paper talk of a swap of Rodwell for Crouch :eek: If that happens i give up :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Had a nightmare last night that there was paper talk of a swap of Rodwell for Crouch :eek: If that happens i give up :(

are you sure it was a nightmare and you weren't reading the paper? I say that because there was a story in the Sunday Independant today a tiny paragraph on the sport section. Basically saying Everton were interested in Crouch and were looking to use a player as part of a player exchange deal.

I can't recall who the player mentioned was though, it could have been Rodwell.

So it's Spurs on Saturday lads. I think we've a strong chance of a result here. Anyone reckon this whole Modric thing might have a negative impact on the dressing room there?

Typically though, we'll draw at WHL and lose against QPR at home.

Was supposed to be hanging around after the game on Saturday but think I will head off to somewhere else if that keeps up.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Was supposed to be hanging around after the game on Saturday but think I will head off to somewhere else if that keeps up.
    Rumours it might not even go ahead now. A decision is due in the next day or so

Would love a draw this weekend and then to beat QPR to give us a decent start. Anyone have any idea how we might line up? Id go with the following
    Howard
    Neville Jags Distin Baines
    Osman Rodwell Fellaini Gueye
    Cahill
    Saha

Subs
    Mucha, Hibbert, Heitinga, Barkley, Beckford, Yakubu, Anichebe

Arteta is injured
    Coleman injured and suspended
    Bily suspended

I think it'll be Billy instead of Gueye, maybe Hibbert at right back and Neville in midfield if Fellaini isn't deemed fit enough :(

Bily is suspended as far as i know. Could be Neville on the right wing(shudder) to combat Bale and Heitinga will play if Fellaini aint fit. Things are bad when were stretched for bodies on the first day of the season.

Bily is suspended as far as i know. Could be Neville on the right wing(shudder) to combat Bale and Heitinga will play if Fellaini aint fit. Things are bad when were stretched for bodies on the first day of the season.
    You're right regarding Bily, misses the next game against QPR too. It'll probably be Anichebe on the right so

• Advertisement
Advertisement